Yes, we’re hiring again. We’re looking for a Flash developer this time to help beef up our video player (and perhaps add some new bells and whistles to our already awesome site). The best part is that you get to work for me – winner of the recent ‘best boss’ survey of the Themis IT department.
Sorry internationalers, this is a full-time job at our office in Durham, NC. But if you have a friend or e-buddy that might be interested, please let them know. People familiar with our sites and what we do always get bonus points.
The full text of our job posting, as seen on Craigslist, below:
Themis Group, the media company behind The Escapist and WarCry Network, is seeking an experienced Flash/Flex developer with a passion for games and gaming to join our team. We’re looking for someone that is knowledgeable and flexible enough to jump in and make things happen.
Come work in a small, young company with a casual atmosphere (pants required) where you’ll find interesting things to work on and interesting people to work with. Be warned, you must pick a side in the Pirate vs. Ninja debate – Pinjas are not a permitted compromise.
Primary job duties will be the customization and maintenance of our video player, viewed by millions monthly. Other job duties may include such varied tasks as the creation of Flash-based ad units or developing flash games. As our first dedicated Flash developer, you’ll also serve as a guide in determining where and how we deploy Flash on our sites.
Qualified candidates must have:
- A minimum of 1-5 years experience, hands-on with Flash and Flex programming (Actionscript).
- Experience integrating Flash applications with web backend systems.
- Good communications skills, and the ability to both work with a small team and handle solo projects.
- Good organizational skills, and the ability to meet deadlines.
In addition, ideal candidates will have one, many, or all of the following:
- Familiarity with Ant, and experience compiling Flex applications using it.
- Familiarity with the Prototype library.
- Experience with MMOGs, online games, and online communities.
- Experience and knowledge of current PC and console games.
- Basic familiarity with image editing programs. (Photoshop, Paintshop, Corel, GIMP)
- Solid design skills and a grasp of current web UI trends.
You will also get bonus points for possessing the following:
- Working knowledge of PHP, MySQL, and CSS.
- Ability to debate differences between Kirk and Picard without resorting to violence.
Multi-talented individuals are highly valued here – if you have additional talents outside the programming arena (writing, soldering, origami, kung-fu, …) please mention them!
Compensation & Benefits
This position is for a full-time salaried employee at our office in Durham, NC – just outside RTP. Compensation based on knowledge and experience, with a benefits package and perks including flexible hours and a casual atmosphere.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should send a resume, including examples of previous work, to [email protected] referencing Flash/Flex Developer in the subject.