The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 . . . 871 NEXT

Dimension: Avatar Adventures Universe

Location: Corrupted Forest | Corrupted Temple of Light | South America
Time: Midday | January 2nd

Airship Rising Dawn - The Canteen:

Aftan | Akane | Angelus | Cadolbolg | Caim | Gabrielle | Jake | Kurumu | Puce | Ton Ton
Akane laughed as Kurumu dug herself into her hole and Puce pushed the ladder in after her. She turned her attention back to her Knights and Jake. "Aftan love, what is the matter? You seem pensive... Speak your mind love. Was it because I freaked out and broke and couldn't save you..." Her head dropped as she said that.

"Guess I wasn't the only one to break then... I'm sorry I wasn't there to help. You girls want some space? *YAWN*"

Aftan | Akane | Angelus | Cadolbolg | Caim | Gabrielle | Jake | Kurumu | Puce | Ton Ton

It was Caim's turn to start coughing on a drink. However, this was due to Caim laughing too hard to properly drink anymore. Shaking with each silent gasp; he leaned over the table to properly stabalize himself, but it didn't really help. Angelus gave him a few slaps on the back until the Swordsman held a hand up telling her to stop. The dragon could only cover her face as she too smirked from the tale, "And there we are... Congratulations, Kurumu, you may be the closest thing that has attempted to slay my Pact Partner; and accidentally at that!"

Naturally, knowing the full truth (and still having something of a childlike mind outside of battle), Ton Ton spoke up to correct the silly succubus, "Oh, you mean that! Oh nothing happened, except that Mr. Caim was fighting some lady who was making him mad and then Ms. Angelus showed up and the lady who made Mr. Caim angry left because, well, I dunno! And then their faces got really close, but when a bunch of people showed up; they got weird too, and nothing happened... Kinda disappointing really. Me and Cadolbolg were kind of hoping that- Oh."

That was when the Tonberry realized he had spilled the beans (sort of) about the incident with Ella; and the pact partners were now scooching a little further from each other than usual; both of them suddenly becoming VERY engrossed in their food.

Feeling a little bad, Ton Ton returned to the question addressed to him by Puce, "But yeah, me and Cadolbolg are pact partners now! We'll kick lots of butt; trust me!"

Airship Rising Dawn - Crew Quarters:

Lucifer | Slindis | Teri

Teri's eyes widened in confusion when she saw that the Devil himself had waltzed into their room and sat down next to her. Was it something she did?

"The necklace..? Well shit, I accidentally summoned Lucifer into a room. Or I'm going crazy. I think I'll opt for the later."

It was then she remembered that her teacher was waiting on a response from her, and she spoke up, "That's not... Well, entirely true. If anything, it's the opposite of what you say. I don't let people know how I feel because it's a burden. There's too much important stuff going on! It's exactly what that succubus said earlier! I-.... My emotions aren't worth it, so I bury them. I'm fine that way. I don't need them, and people don't need to hear about them. I just need to write in a journal or something..."

Airship Rising Dawn - Hanger Deck:

Mark | Tajuh

He looked the ring over, focusing on it. "That's certainly one reason for her to leave. If those two are going to stay together, it'll take a good amount. Not to mention that Hammer Empire could seize the opportunity to reclaim her and the talents she possesses."

Devon | Ella

He sighed, then looked at Ella with a weak attempt at a smile. "You're asking a lot here, but since you're gonna follow through on your part, I may as well say. That... was what my mom used to call me. I couldn't stand the mentioning of her for half a decade, but we fixed our relationship last summer. Heck, I was there with her when my older sister was finally married. But October rolled around and I was working one night when every person I knew just vanished off the face of the planet. Even stuff like online sites or companies I'd worked for weren't there any more." From the way his voice wavered, it clearly wasn't easy remembering what had happened and it sunk in that besides the people on the ship and maybe Lucifer, Devon had nobody left on the planet.

Lucifer | Slindis | Teri

She heard Teri's talk and kept her eyes locked on her pupil's, making sure that her message got across on this next layer of this issue. "What you're telling me is that you're not secure and that you're not worth worrying about with that statement. Let me make this clear: we are all here to support each other, and every person on this ship has worth. This does not mean that you have to bear the burdens for this whole group, and I can guarantee you that there's no person I'd rather have alongside me if things got rough. Teri, do you want to know what I see every time I look at you?

I see a woman that stumbled over her feet when her training started, but kept going because she wanted to succeed.

I see a woman who would struggle to defend herself if it weren't for her mind, yet is willing to stand up and comfort those in need with her skills and ralents.

I see a woman who sees herself as an ordinary human that knew how to write, and just happens to be one of the kindest and most gentle person I've ever had the fortune of meeting.

I see Teri Gravel. Cleric, author, human, and dear friend." Slindis almost wanted to shake Teri so it would sink through to her

Dark Tomoya.
Universe: Stormverse
(I dun goofed this.)

Port Hub.

In the Blackhawke all off the electricity started to waver and began to turn to black. Everyone knew that their lord and master is back. Most of the leaders of the ship ran to the teleport hub where a black blinding light shone and faded away to only see D.Tomoya holding his spartan friend whom was bleeding out on the floor. "What the fuck are you looking at, CALL A DAMN MEDIC TEAM!!!" Tomoya screamed across the ship.

An hour later.

After Storm was put through the emergency medical room and was currently being operated on. D.Tomoya was on the bridge of the giant ship, looking over a sun sized ball of electricity outside the ship. Co-Commander Shepard walked up to the D.Archangel whom was holding a small glass of whiskey. "What should we do Commander?" The Co-Commander said in a concerning tone, except the response he got was only a laugh. "We burn it... we burn it all!" Tomoya said with a smile on his face.

"But-" Was the only word until the glass cracked which D.Tomoya was leaning on. The intensest dark aura came from the Dark Angel. "WE DESTROY EVERYTHING!" Tomoya said as the ball of electricity outside exploded. "Calm down..." Said a strange voice, Tomoya turned around to see that Co-mmander (Get it) Shepard was replace by a person dressed in a gray cloak and hood. "Oh... it's you." Tomoya huffed as he returned his gaze outside, for a split second he returned to his original and good form.

"I do agree with you... everything on that planet must burn for hurting your friend... and me. Hehe He started to laugh but was gone in a few seconds. "As you wish..." Tomoya smiled as he sat down into his seat to make an announcement to his fleet.

"Everyone... we launch to Earth... TO BURN EVERYTHING!"

Soon the entire fleet entered a single portal like gate, which led straight to Earth.
A couple of seconds later, the gigantic Amerada of Dark Angel Ships were beside the moon.
"Lets spill some blood... "
A singular part of the fleet moved towards the South Asia part of the world.
When it position it began to launch it's main beam cannons at each country in the continent.

"I hear there will also be a talk about me in DC tomorrow... I guess I should show up since I'm the guest of honor." Tomoya smiled as he watched the world which began to burn.

Chapter 3: Scrub and Wash.

Riki
& Kud.
Weather: Clouds.
Time: 3am.

As the couple returned to their own room on the now sleepy Rising Dawn, they both immediately fell on the bed. The two didn't know how everyone else could do this almost every single day of their lives here. "Ha... some day we had." Riki muttered as he got up once more and placed the large briefcase he held onto the bed and placed the smaller box which contained the stone next to it.

"I wonder how this will beat him?" Kud wondered as she held the box which contained the stone. "The reason we are here is to beat him... which I guess that will help... but when David said about weaponizing it... " Riki wondered about but Kud disagreed with the idea. "Nhhh, we can't let that happen." Kud said as he took a small look inside the box but closed it quickly due to the amount of light.

"Agreed... Shaun gave us the position of guarding the stone until everything is over... one way or another." Riki said and quickly frowned about the thought of "what if" Tomoya won. The world would be in flames and everyone would be dead. He might even move on to Hell of Heaven.

Shaking the thoughts of evil from his mind, Riki quickly chucked the two briefcases into Tomoya's own vault which Kud reprogrammed earlier. "Should be safe in there... until the group needs it." Riki said confidently as he re-equipped his pistol belt. "The most important thing now is that we train... so we won't be a liability for everyone!" Riki said as he made a fist. "Yesu, let's save everyone!" Kud said as she raised her fist in the air. The two then began to walk to the armory/dojo.

Mark | Tajuh

Another pause as Mark ordered the A.I. that had been built into his head to run additional queries regarding the current status of the Hammer Empire as well as other factions, specifically The Hammer Empire Splinter Faction and Das Feenreich. The Hammer Empire and its splinter faction showed no signs of mobilization in reference to Elena, however Das Feenreich was in the process of preparing itself to move against the Dark Angel Fleet, utilizing its flagship Der Erl Konig.

"Looks like she's going to be safe from the Hammer Empire for the time being... but it looks like she's still in the fight against Tomoya. She was originally part of a Paramilitary group made up of ... erm... mythological creatures... called Das Feenreich. They're moving to put themselves in a position to ambush the Dark Angel Fleet. So while she's safe from her previous captors... she's still in danger. Also... I should mention that Elena's not the only one who possesses Portaling Powers. Their current Fuhrer, Natalia Kassle also has similar powers that were stolen by The Hammer Empire's medical expert, Doctor von Kripplor. If Hammer was to try anything... it would be to eliminate Elena... unless for some reason they were able to bring Ekou back." The Writer said nonchalantly. While he was aware that the Dark Angel Fleet would rip apart the one from Das Feenreich, he saw that there was no way they would be prepared to mobilize any time soon.

"I do have another topic that we should discuss however. Prior to coming here... I was chasing down Tomoya's creator... sort of an insurance policy should the team fail. It seems that after he ran away from me he's went and got himself captured by Tomoya. I'm not sure if we should attempt to liberate him ... or just leave him to his fate."

Kurumu smiled a large winning smile as Ton Ton revealed the truth of the matter. She had heard that Ella had been engaged in some sort of training session with Caim and there was some sort of talk between Caim and Kurumu's Half Sister but the outcome was sort of hush hush.

"Sooooooooo... you guys almost kissed? Well... All I have to say about that is GET A ROOM YOU TWO!" Kuru whooped as she finally finally got satisfaction in knowing that her efforts weren't in vain.

Meanwhile Puce was completing the conversation with Ton Ton and Cadolbolg.

"Well I'm glad that you two have decided to support each other. For what it's worth, I'm definitely proud of what you've become Cadolbolg. You've definitely gone beyond what I originally intended." Puce said to his creation.

"And Ton Ton... it looks like you've got a partner to help you find your mistress. But even with that... Kurumu and I will still try to help you."

Aftan shook her head as she denied the allegations that there was anything wrong.

"NO It is alright. I am fine. The events of today have just proven to be quite stressful. I am glad that Master Mark was able to get to the Temple in time to help assist with my blood loss." The White knight said as she absently touched the two fang scars on her neck.

"I believe my mind and emotions need some time to process before I have decided what I am really feeling." She said, reminding those around her that despite her high position within the Knighthood, she was still fairly young.

"Aftan... if this is about what happened in the temple... she says she's sorry." Gabs said, omitting Kokoa's name due to Kurumu being so close by. However as she spoke, she could hear Kokoa's voice in her mind... she could hear the voice of Kokoa sobbing as she remembered how close she was to killing Aftan.

"As for you Master Jake... you do look rather tired. Perhaps you should retire to your quarters or perhaps you would enjoy some coffee?"

Devon | Ella

Ella looked at Devon as he told his story to her without saying a word to interrupt him. There was a time in Ella's life where she wished that her mother would just go away and leave her alone but seeing Devon, the way he spoke of his missing family, she regretted that feeling.

"I guess we have more in common than we know then. I've got Daddy issues and you have your Mommy issues. But still... I'm sorry that you can't find your family. For what it's worth... I think everyone on this ship considers you as part of their family... and even though I just met you ... you've been far kinder to me than anyone else has ever been to me in their life. So... I just want to say... thanks." The Succubus said as she looked at Devon, placing her hand upon his.

"And thanks for getting me out of Hell... just... why did you take me anyways? What in the world would have possessed you to bring the Daughter of the Devil out into the world?"

Lucifer | Slindis | Teri

Lucifer listened in on the speech that Slindis gave Teri and nodded as the Drow reached her conclusion.

"She's right you know... she might be a stubborn mule but she's right about you. But... rather than go into a long winded speech about the type of person that you are, let me tell you this. You're worth the efforts and attention that people give you, even if you don't see it and if there's anyone who tells you otherwise, you send them my way and I'll... well... I'll do my thing." The Devil said as he looked at Teri.

"[i]Her words are all nice and dandy but you've got to believe them yourself. Do you know that you're everything that the Paladin was describing... and there's probably more about you that she doesn't know yet. But still her message is sound... don't bury yourself away from everyone... you're too pretty for that." Lucifer said before he realized what he said.

"I mean... ermm... wel... crap"

Akane gave Aftan a quick hug, her hands returning to her sake glass as she reflected on her own thoughts. 'I hope we can get this over with quickly... I can't stand this anymore. I just want to run away with Gabrielle and Aftan and never see any of this again... Is this true love? To want to run so no harm comes upon my loves? Or should I get stronger to defend them so no harm can get to them?'

Jake nodded at Aftan, the sake finally making it's presence known. He at least felt a bit better, warmer definitely from the wine. "No coffee for me, can't stand the taste of it. Love the smell though. Eh, I should really clean my sword then catch some shut eye someplace. 2 hours of sleep over 48 hours sucks. I gotta find a new room too, Teri claimed mine. I'll ping the AI pair, they should be able to tell me which ones are empty now."

He pulled out his PC and sent a quick message to Vermillion asking about rooms, not wanting to disturb Dmitri and Teri, for once.
"Aww crap, I'll have to check on Teri in the mornin' and apologise for ignoring her saying 'G'day' in the battle..." he said dejectedly.

Searching through a pouch he pulled a small kit out and placed it on the table, along with a tightly rolled small towel. He drew his sword and placed it gently upon the unrolled towel, taking up a rag and wiping off the worst of the Angel blood. He started singing a tune softly to himself as he worked, cleaning and oiling the sword. He neglected to run the whetstone over it, it was still sharp and the edge unspoiled despite the fighting done that day.

Jenny
After her "re-birth", Jenny followed Angelus and co into the Canteen to warm up, still shivering from her time in the fridge.
She tried to think back to what happened, but it was all a blur once she got to the part where the bullets started flying.
Then a horrible thought came to mind, what if the bullets were still in her body?
Also, she had no idea how long she was "Dead", what about Blade? Hiryu?
*ACHOO!*
and on top of all that, she now had a cold.

Once they got to the Canteen, She went to the restroom to try and calm herself, just she was dead, but yet there was nothing.
All her psychic power, yet nothing, no afterlife, no golden gates.
Or maybe there was and she couldn't remember it?
She thought in circles for some time until another shiver kicked in and she went to get something warm.
Settling on some piping hot soup, she somewhat shakeably sat down along with the others, getting as close to the heater as possible.
"Hello a-again. Been some time, h-hasn't it?..." she greeted everyone, still rather pale from dying.

Jenny
"JENNY!" came the high pitched squeal/shout from the Kitsune. Akane launched herself at Jenny and only just caught herself before she wrapped the pokemon in a Tacklehug of epic proportions.

"How?! You were dead... But I don't sense you being a ghost! You're alive! This is just mindblowing!" Akane babbled, happy yet close to tears as she twisted a tail in her hands, looking awkward as she stood there trying not to hug Jenny.

Jenny
Jenny was startled before she realized who it was.
"...Its okay, y-you can hug m-" she went to say, causing the Kitsune to instantly resume her hug attack.
Once she had her prey locked on, it then became clear just how cold she really was in contrast to her constantly warm body.
"I d-don't know what hap-ppened. I j-ust woke up in the Morgue. God, it was so c-cold..." she explained as the pair of them sat down, Akane keeping an iron grip on the Gardevoir.
"J-just how long was I....."dead"? she asked as she enjoyed her friends warmth.

Akane wrapped Jenny up in her tails, the big fluffy warm weapons making a golden mink coat that completely covered her and held her tight against the Kitsune's hug, only her head poking out the top. Akane was careful to regulate her own temperature so as not to cook the pokemon, or even thaw her out too quickly and give her a fever. She knew from personal experience one winter as a young pup when she had found a lost fox pup and tried her best to save it from a cold, giving it a fever instead. But the pup had lived through it with help from Akane's mother.

"A week I think? It's all been a blur and we just got back from the Temple of Light, we got the Light Stone. We should be level with Tomoya now... Though I miss Jack. He'd be very helpful right now, but he's probably still shepherding the dead from New York... Some souls don't take death well... But you're back! And that's all that matters right now." Akane replied, so happy for a good thing to happen for once, and to have back a dear friend.

Aftan | Akane | Angelus | Cadolbolg | Caim | Gabrielle | Jake | Jenny | Kurumu | Puce | Ton Ton

The room seemed to erupt in loud voices of amazement as Jenny reappeared in the midst of the Rising Dawn, not only that for her to actually be alive. It was a hopeful and awe inspiring thing.

"Welcome back Mistress Jenny. I see that you have decided to the join the sisterhood at long last." Aftan quipped as Jenny sat down at the Knights' and Kitsune's table while Gabrielle could only look at Jenny wide eyed in disbelief that she was actually sitting there.

And before Jenny could ask what Aftan meant by the sisterhood, Gabrielle jumped in to explain.

"She means people that have died and come back to tell about the experience." The Black Knight explained excitedly as she poured the little pokemon a cup of sake.

"Yes... regardless we are glad that you have come back from the Great Beyond. It warms my soul to think that there is a bit of light to brighten the darkness that has settled over the world."

From the table next to them, Kurumu chimed in as she waited patiently to get her words in.

"Hi Jenny! Long time no see!" No shit, Kurumu.

Aftan | Akane | Angelus | Cadolbolg | Caim | Gabrielle | Jake | Jenny | Kurumu | Puce | Ton Ton
Jake smiled at the commotion caused by Jenny's return. He wouldn't bother their re-union and he wasn't needed for now, so he stayed quiet. His job finished, he returned his now clean sword to it's sheath and packed away his cleaning kit. His PC hadn't yet beeped but he was dead tired. Silently getting up, he walked over to the couch favoured by Akane and sank into it, reveling in it's softness. Jake's head touched the cool window for but a moment as he gazed out into the empty skies before he spread out upon the couch. A single yawn and he fell asleep, a relieved look upon his face.

Morgue.

"So, you really did it this time didn't you?" Fionn was siting opposite where The Preacher's body rested, bottle of scotch in hand. "Wonder what's worse, your death or having to organize the funeral eh? the humor drained from his face, he didn't appear to be sad at all, just blank. He put his hand up to his chin, thinking to himself. Crazy bastard must have done something while he was here....... Fionn knew he wouldn't have died like that or left unless he had done something to assist the situation here.

He grabbed a glass and poured one drink "Here's to the worst teacher in the world, ya daft bastard. You're probably laughing at me right now aren't you?" He finished the glass and walked back down the hallway back to the canteen. Yep, he's laughing at me.

Jenny
Jenny sighed with comfort as she snuggled within her "Coat", Akane feeling her warm up as she did.
"m-Much...Better...ahhh..." she sighed blissfully, having forgotten how warm and soft her tails were as the Knights started talking about their deaths.
"...Well...while I was...I didn't see anything. No golden gates, no hellfire. should I be worried?" She asked Aftan, who seemed to be more experienced out of the lot of him.
Then it hit her: Jack!
"....Ummm...Akane?...Does Jack know I'm...Alive?...and...would he have to fix that?..."

David
After finding out he wasn't responsible for Jenny near freezing to death, David was outside massaging his temples after the events of the day.
It was then that Fionn passed him, bottle in hand.
"Hey, You need a hand with that?" He asked, he could go for a drink right now.

The living Knight who had, at one point, been a dead Knight pondered as to what Jenny meant by not seeing anything as far as an afterlife went.

"Honestly, Mistress Jenny, I am not sure as to why you would not experience anything in the afterlife like I did. Unless perhaps you did experience something but forgot it as soon as you awoke, like a dreamer sometimes instantly forgets their dream upon waking." Aftan postulated as she watched took a moment to take in the sights and sounds of the Canteen.

"Or you weren't dead you were just in a coma that was so deep that no one was able to sense whether or not you were alive. It's been known to happen in the past where people have popped up to life in the middle of their own funerals!" The Black Knight mused as she remembered a story about a lady who had woken up at her own funeral only to die once again when she realized that she was at her own funeral.

"At least you weren't cremated or buried alive."

Jenny
Jenny gulped at the thought of having been buried alive or about to be cremated rather then just chilled, clutching at Akane's tail "Coat" in response.
"Indeed...I mean, I only lucked out at the fact that Angelus was on board. Had she'd not been...well...It wouldn't have mattered..." She grimly said, thinking about what could have been.
"Still...I'm here now and that's all th-*ACHOO!*...Urgghhh...Think I picked up a cold from all that..." She said before wiping his nose with a napkin.
"If only I knew who to thank for this...I mean, I was a goner, there was no way I could have lived though that and even if I did, Why only now? So many un-answered questions..." he finished before finally getting at her soup, enjoying being pampered upon her revival.

"Hey, You need a hand with that?"

"Depends, can you get me twenty more for a start?", he walked past David, the sniper could see he was intent on doing this right, as if the drink could affect him at this point anyway. Fionn burst into the Canteen, noting a stand which was close enough to a bar. He strolled over to it and pulled up a stool, slamming the bottle onto the table. He began pouring a glass. "So, who wants to join me in the proper way to celebrate a person's memory?" Fionn swirled the glass, wondering if there would have been any point in joining the expedition, with him on board, no one could have sabotaged or attacked the ship itself at least.

Mark | Tajuh

Tajuh put the ring back down on the table as the topic of Shaun was brought up. "We'll have to retrieve him. For a man like him, the worst thing is having to face the consequences of what happened. If he isn't feeling the blood on his hands for not doing more than run away in this situation, I'd say the man has no conscience."

Devon | Ella

He laughed weakly at Ella's reasoning. "Yeah, looks like the people here will have to be my family from now on. And you want to know why I got you out of Hell? I already mentioned your father bringing the issue up, but I also had a good feeling about you. Judging by that smile on your face, I guessed right."

Lucifer | Slindis | Teri

Slindis hoped that the message was starting to get through as she continued. "Now, we need to have more talks about what you're feeling. Just shoving that stuff away isn't going to help, and it's alright to feel emotions like anger and disappointment as long as you're able to tell someone about them and work them through. Nobody here will call you weak for wanting to tell someone about what you feel, and if they do, they can deal with me."

David/Jenny
"....Well...if we were in Carrick-on-Shannon..." David said as he followed Fionn towards the bar, he needed a drink after all that madness back on the ground.
Jumping over the counter and getting into barkeep mode, He began to make one of his most basic vodka mixers, not ready being bothered to go for something fancy.
"...I take it you and Old Man were friends? Yeah...It's rough this business, but we go it so others don't have too..." He said as he finished and downed it as quickly as he made it.

Jenny at this point was now tuned into the two men talking, sensing something was going on.

Rugal
"Uhhhh....I am the most powerful man in the history of mankind and I demand that you reveal the sour-...Eh...Wha?..."
Rugal was clearly confused at the fact he was now the in the captain's quarters gazing up at the ceiling.
"...What the hell?..." He asked himself as he examined his room, the door was lock-picked, a few tools still laying on the ground.
How he got there was quickly solved when he looked and found a sleeping Melethia at the end of the bed, clearly the days events and the effort of dragging him up here had tired her out.
He began to playback the events that led him here.
"....."
...That son of a bitch...That unbelievable son of a bitch...Of COURSE I would over react...
The same burning anger that filled him in the transport, This was what he wanted, He wanted him to lose his cool and explode, knowing it would undermine his leadership, especially among Slindis, Teri and Melethia.
He was DEAD and he STILL screwed him over!
That was the second time he was played perfectly, first by Viscus, now by Preacher.
...*Sniff*...Christ I stink, I need a bath... He then thought as he got out of his bed and into his en suite to run one.
"......"
He then doubled back and gently tucked Melethia in before going to un-wind from the Last Prank of the Preacher.
"...God Damn that Bastard..."

Jenny
Akane looked thoughtful for a moment as others asked Jenny questions and she replied. Catching a break in the conversation, Akane spoke again. "Hmm... Jack always said that a soul never really strays far from it's body or place of death...Because you were brought here you might have been saved from his watch for a while? As for you being alive now, he shouldn't hunt you, as his job is to ferry the dead to their judgement and rest, he can't interfere with the living unless they are actively destroying the balance of things or something close to that. I think you'll be fine, Time is no big deal for him and he isn't paid or anything."

Jake rolled over on the couch, trouble plastered across his face. His dream was not a good one, that was for sure.

"N-no...Lana... T-trap..." he murmured.

Diablo1099:

"...I take it you and Old Man were friends? Yeah...It's rough this business, but we go it so others don't have too..."

"....You've never fought in a proper war have you? I mean, really, been in a war. Not one of these 'save the world from ultimate evil' farces or 'spec ops'." He grinned at the man, grabbing each shot as it was made. In all of the places he could end up in, of all the different people and places they came from, and some gobshite from Sligo was now pouring shots for him.

Ninjamedic:
"....You've never fought in a proper war have you? I mean, really, been in a war. Not one of these 'save the world from ultimate evil' farces or 'spec ops'."

David rolled his eyes at that comment.
"What do you take me for? Duh, Course I've seen combat, I did some peacekeeping on the Gaza Strip and a bit of a middle east. I've been there, don't go thinking I'm wet behind the ears, Fionn." He explained as he pulled another bottle in advance of the one he was filling from ran dry.
"Like I said, we got in and kill hundreds of people we've never met before so other more entitled bastards don't have to. That sound like your job description?" he repeated as he made another shot for himself.

Lucifer | Slindis | Teri

Teri remained silent as she processed all her teacher and Lucifer had to say... Wait, did he just? The girl's eyes looked to where he 'sat', confusion coloring her face as a "What." resounded in her mind. Lucifer did not just... No. Shaking her head and ignoring the comment for the moment, Teri continued, "And what do you mean, 'sending things your way'? I don't understand! I can't just page the Devil if things aren't going my way! Hell, just talking to you right now may be making God mad at me for all I know! Well, I haven't received any divine warnings or anything like that; but you've been making me suspicious, sir. The Devil doesn't just 'check in' on Clerics of God. I will admit, you've been nice, for the most part; but I cannot help but wonder if you have a motive or something to gain in all of this."

She rubbed her temples, this two pronged attack bearing down harder on her defenses than just a simple talk over with the Paladin, and spoke up again, "... I thought part of my job as a mediator, at least, help keeping a leash on some of the Authors and making sure they don't act batshit or do stupid stuff, and a healer was casting away my emotions. I need to think logically to come to a proper diplomatic situation. I didn't want my emotions getting in the way of what I did. Furthermore, you need to keep a clear head when hell's breaking loose for a patient."

Even if Slindis still made some headway; the student was as her teacher; stubborn as a mule.

Canteen!

Angelus and Caim gave a small sigh of relief when attentions turned towards Jenny, and the duo allowed themselves to move back to their previous positions without worrying about a stray jest. As they continued eating breakfast, Angelus spoke up, "Worry not about the details of your resurrection, Jenny. Worry about bringing yourself back to your normal state of being; recover, rest... Following that, THEN you can ponder the conundrum. Although I am typically one to fret over specifics like now; I am merely happy with this hurdle in our mission being cleared and your life being restored. In case you couldn't hear, two of your friends are happy to see you in better health..."

"Jenny! You're okay again!"
"A pleasant surprise in a sea of darkness. How are you faring right at this moment?"

Lucifer | Slindis | Teri

She kept her look straight on her eyes noting that the girl's eyes were darting somewhere else. "Teri, you're just using that as an excuse to ignore whatever's going on with you. And I know you are going through a lot of stress. The way you insist on sidestepping whatever makes you uncomfortable is childish, frustrating, and quite frankly doesn't work. You need to learn to work through these issues, because your constant repetitions of insisting you're some kind of machine isn't going to help you at all!"

Canteen!

As the celebrations continued, Tajuh entered holding the ring in his hand. That last statement from Mark was something to keep in mind, but there was a point where the useful information dried up, so he sat over by the side and grabbed a glass of warm water to drink.

Jenny
Jenny gave a gentle smile at the sound of Sword and Comet's voices.
Oh my god! I haven't heard from you two in AGES! I'm doing alright, all things considered. Thank you very much for asking She sent to her old friends, though they were currently in the form of Caim's Sword, oh how wonderful it'd be to return to Kanto again and allow them to revert back to their own forms...
"Perhaps you are right, though I can't help but wonder, I mean, if something brought you from the dead, wouldn't you want to know why?" She answered as she laid back into Akane's tail "Coat".

Rugal: Some time later
After a rather relaxing soak in the pool-like Bath tub that Dillon had installed on his Airship back when he was the captain of it and not Rugal, The man himself emerged from the En Suite decked out in the Former Captain's bathrobes and slippers.
He was hell bent on making sure where ever Dillon was, he was pissed off with his disrespect for his former belongings, even if it meant wearing pink fluffy Bathrobes and slippers.
...These are actually rather comfortable...Could I get these in a different color? He thought at he glanced over and saw the elf still sleeping alone in the king sized bed.
He smirked a little, least before he remembered the part where she drugged him.
All because the Preacher wanted to mess with him one last time...

Thus, he spent his time sitting at the desk with his AIM PDA, sorting out the "Downgrading" of Viscus after he nearly had him assassinated until Melethia woke up.

Lucifer | Slindis | Teri

Teri looked down, her eyes focusing upon the nice loafers Lucifer was wearing while a hand idly fiddled with the necklace, "I've done this since I lived in my world, even before Red Mage showed up. My guess is that there's just more stress involved than I'm used to. Anyway, this method is the only one I know. It's how I survived."

Canteen

The Skarmory was as exuberant as Jenny ever remembered him, even when he spoke, "It's nice to speak to someone who can hear us! With Master busy all the time, it gets lonely... Especially since he's good with a bunch of weapons. It's not like we're not good enough; but our form isn't always handy...."

And in contrast, Comet remained a calm ember in the dark, "As much good as it is to serve the Master, I would agree with your sentiments. Ever since gaining consciousness, I have missed the sensation of grass underneath my paws, and wind in my fur...."

Lucifer | Slindis | Teri

Slindis moved over and sat next to Teri. "And if you keep that method up, you'll always find yourself alone no matter how many people you're with. We're working through this tonight for your own good." She went into her bag and pulled out a plain circlet and put it on to ensure her room had no intruders and saw Lucifer.

"Teri, I believe it's time for me to enlist that friend of yours in here on this mission. You know exactly who I'm talking about." She pointed directly at Lucifer, showing her student that she knew where the man was hiding.

Canteen

Tajuh approached David, keeping a grip on the ring as he talked to him. "David, I'd like some whiskey. This should serve as payment." He placed the ring on the counter in front of him, more than ready to avoid an attack that was likely to come.

Rugal and Melethia

She woke up to see Rugal in the robe and slippers and rubbed her eyes. "...Wheathair, can we talk?..."

Jenny
Sadness briefly filled Jenny as Sword and Comet were keen to regain their Pokemon Forms, She could only imagine how rough it was to be trapped in such a form.
Awwww...I know you do, Comet. Well, I promise some day, we'll go back. I mean, that flight over Saffron City? In the night-sky with all the lights below?... She sent, fondly remembering a simpler time for her.
Even if she was just off her first encounter with Bruiser.

David
"Yeah, sure, Let me jus-"
David nearly dropped the glass that he was holding when he saw that ring, It was Elena's.
".....How and When?" He bluntly asked as he picked it up and examined it, It was definitely her's, albeit with a large blood stain on it that refused to come out.
"...Did Elena give this to you? Where is she?"

Rugal
"-And I'd also like a feature that allowed me to remotely acc-..." Rugal was in the middle of speaking when Melethia woke up.
"....I'm going to have to call you back." He said before cutting the line, much to the confusion of the software techs.
He then turned around and said "Sure. I take it this is about that..."Disagreement" with the Preacher back on the transport?..."
He knew full well where this was going.

David, Tajuh
He poured the drink himself then started talking. "A man called Mark gave it to me, and he informed me about a good bit, including the village affair. It seems that for now, she's grown tired of the politics of this ship and the self-destructive tendencies of those on it. Before I go into it any further, would you like to add in your bit on this?"

Rugal, Melethia
SHe was clearly disappointed in the man as she started talking. "Wheathair, why were you so mean there for a little bit of strength? You're already plenty tough, and why would ya need more? That Preacher was already dying even with all that happened, so why'd ya make the last thing he saw you being so mean? It's not like you..." She had never seen the King of Fighters as he usually was, so she had no way of knowing what was the act and what was the truth.

David, Tajuh
"....You mean....She left the crew?...." David asked as he tried to clean the blood off the golden ring, but had no luck.
"...The village...bunch of corrupted tribals attacked the kids, Riki and Kud. Had to haul ass to get them out, ended up killing everything. Everything, men, women, other kids. Like some Vietnam shit....Must have...been too much for her..." He explained as he pulled out his phone and attempted to call her.

Rugal, Melethia
"...You don't know much about me...do you?..." Rugal said as he got up and sat at the end of the bed.
"That Preacher managed to go one on one with the man that was responsible for all this, the Attack on New York, The Corrupted forest, That impostor..." He trailed off on the topic of Fake!Slindis, making the basis for his argument clear.
"The fact of the matter is, He managed to do more harm to him in a single fight that I ever could, in fact, I'd wager there was a good chance of him winning. But as we saw, that wasn't the case. Now, Once I saw that power, followed by his defeat, I knew I couldn't let it go to waste, I mean, with power like that on our side, Tomoya doesn't have a chance. Sure, I let my temper get in my way, but you had to understand my reasoning...and my anger at him not seeing the bigger picture as I did..."

Lying to children now? Good thing to see you haven't gone soft... He thought, unsure if that was sarcasm or not.

Jenny
The sword spirits gave a nod of agreement, "To be Steel-Flesh again would be nice; but at what cost? We'd leave Master defenseless in Kanto."

"That is true. However, Angelus would be with him, and he could speak properly. But imagine, what if all of the Armory was available there? How many Pokemon would burst forth from that place?"

Jenny could practically hear the Skarmory whoop with the possiblity; "We'd have lots of new friends, now wouldn't we?"

Caim could only give an exasperated sigh at the spirits of his blade, but took note of their grievances. He had heard tales of rebellious blades, and he didn't want the same to happen to him...

Lucifer | Teri | Slindis
^ hey, it's kind of how they're sitting on the bed, isn't it?

Teri's eyes widened in shock when Slindis pointed at the space containing Lucifer; and she realized the jig was up. Now, the next question at hand was whether Slindis had any idea WHO Lucifer was... For that matter, she realized that the manifestation of the Devil himself was indeed a real thing, and not just a product of her wishful imagination wanting out of that situation; which meant.... Oh god, it was really him saying all those nice things. Of course, that thought process proved to be just as confusing. Why the hell was the Devil so nice to her? If anything, shouldn't he be uber-spiteful or nasty to her; testing her faith on a mountain whilst overlooking kingdoms or some shit like that?

Ugh, this was all too much for her brain. Holding the offending organ (in this case, it's container) in her hands, she quietly muttered, "What did I do to deserve this headache..?"

Lucifer | Teri | Slindis

The way she looked at Lucifer made it clear to Teri that she'd seen Lucifer a few times before. "Look, you know there's more than one of us trying to cut through this stupidity you insist on. So will you try to insist that the way you're doing this is fine when all the evidence proves otherwise?"

David | Tajuh

He could see that David was trying to make sense of the situation and took a drink of his whiskey. "You'll probably not get a call back, but the issue here is more of the Hammer Empire seizing the opportunity to reclaim her before she touches base with us again. I won't say anything more about the village that you've not already told yourself, so you should focus on what's going to happen from here."

Rugal | Melethia

She looked at the man, seeing something a bit odd with that. "Seeing the big picture? Wheathair, that was just greed when ya know the man's dyin! The way ya talked, it was more like what I'd do if I was set loose in a place with lotsa new stuff, not just wantin to get the edge..."

David | Tajuh

The call went straight to voice-mail as Tajuh said he wouldn't get though to her.
"Dammit Elena...Here's hoping she got back to her people. While I would be doing the world a favor if I just waltz in and killed every last one of those Hammer Lackys, only so much I can do..." He sighed as he took extra large shot, wincing from it.
"Due to the nature of this conflict with Tomoya, I'm going to have to stay, all hands on deck as it were. Second the Angel is laid to rest, I'm going to find her again."

Rugal | Melethia

Knew I shoulda just blamed by upbringing instead...
"Well...As I said, my temper took over, I was still riding a lot of anger from the battle just before it. This, combined with what I told you and Tomoya escaping..." Rugal shrugged, hoping this would be enough to convince her.

Jenny
That sounds like a wonderful idea! I mean, if even half of them are like you, what could possibly go wrong? Jenny agreed, unaware she might be starting a uprising within Caim's Armoury.

Aftan | Akane | Angelus | Cadolbolg | Caim | Gabrielle | Jake | Jenny | Kurumu | Mark | Puce | Ton Ton

Finding himself alone in the hanger, Mark decided to actually explore the ship in person rather than through the protocol that he had made of himself earlier and as he explored, it was safe to say that he was definitely amazed by everything that he saw.

"Man... that Render Engine didn't do this place justice at all." The Dramatist commented as he wandered through the corridors of the ship with no destination in mind. To him, this place was like a candy store and he was the child.

As he continued down the hall, he started hearing the raucous voices of the crew as they decompressed after the mission. It was a sound that was oddly comforting given Mark's penchant for Pubs/Bars/Canteens/Watering Holes and as he passed through the double doors to the Canteen, he felt right at home in the double tiered room.

Grabbing a couple bottles of Angry Orchard Ginger Apple Cider, he walked over to the couch next to Jake's and settled in for a much needed drink, taking in the sights and sounds as he did.

Devon | Ella

"Yeah, looks like the people here will have to be my family from now on. And you want to know why I got you out of Hell? I already mentioned your father bringing the issue up, but I also had a good feeling about you. Judging by that smile on your face, I guessed right."

It was at this point that Ella quickly turned away from Devon. But it wasn't because he had said something wrong, no... it was because for some reason her face had turned violently red due to Devon's comment about her smile.

"Umm... thanks, Devon." She said, unsure of how to react. Of course some people might be wondering why? Why would a Succubus be unsure of how to react? Well I'll tell you why. This was the first time ever that she had received a genuine compliment in her life and as strange as it was... she just didn't know how to react to it.

Lucifer | Teri | Slindis <-- (You win B.R.)

Lucifer smiled at Slindis and waved when his cover was blown, nodding to the Drow who had just been reunited with her daughter due to his actions. However, even though he had been discovered by the Paladin, he kept himself cloaked as to not draw additional undue attention to himself whilst this "exercise" was going on.

"Hey Slindis... you're looking healthy despite the crap that Tomoya put you through down there. From what I understand, you had a little misunderstanding with my daughter... I'm... uhh... sorry about that and to you too kiddo. Ella's always been a handful and a half. I heard what she said to you and you really need to trust both Slindis and, as much as you can, myself, when we say that you are none of those things that she said. I'm not making excuses for her but... she's had it rough living with her mother." The Fallen One explained.

"So... Slindis. I understand that you're her mentor and all but if I may... let's take this somewhere that will produce the results both of us are looking for." The Morning Star said as he stood up in front of both the Drow and the Cleric.

"This might feel a bit strange but I can assure you, in the Boss' name, that it won't harm you." He stated as his old leathery brown wings unfurled from his back, wings that were reminiscent of a dragon or other winged beast, wings that looked like they could have blotted out the sun. It was these wings that suddenly wrapped themselves around the devil, the drow and the cleric.

Teri's Mindscape - The Grey:

He was back to where ever it was that he had found himself when he visited our Dear Little Cleric the last time. It was the grey... expanse... once again with its same singular, lifeless, black pool. Only this time it was no longer just Teri and himself, he had brought the Drow as well.

"Sorry about this, kiddo. I hope you understand that we're doing this because we care." Well that sounded odd... why would the Devil care about the Rising Dawn's Cleric? Maybe he was mixing in the truth of Slindis' caring about her with his own lies... surely he was there for other reasons?

Pages PREV 1 . . . 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 . . . 871 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here