$25 World of Warcraft Mount Launches on Blizzard Store

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Jaded Scribe:

LordNue:

Jaded Scribe:

LordNue:
Ahahaha this is fucking retarded. Man I'm glad I quit when I did or I would have been banned for calling the people who bought it retarded.

I love judgmental jerks like you.

You have spent $25 on something the rest of us would laugh at you for. No need to rag other people for how they choose to spend their money.

Except I would never feel the need to defend my retarded spending choices on a forum and cry that people who think it's stupid are judgmental jerks.

Laughing at you is far different from crying. And I haven't defended anything. I simply said that I was going to buy it, and pointed out that you clearly have issues if you feel the need to make fun of how other people spend their money.

But go ahead and keep trolling. Gives me something to break up the tedium of my evening :)

buddy over there is trying to defend it, other people have defended it like it was a precious treasure and anyone who said so much as "I think this is silly" was a crazed pirate coming to steal it. Spending 25 dollars on something that not even microsoft would charge 10 dollars for is just ridiculous.

25 bucks is pretty cheap for a mount that is BoA. I'm more than glad I let my husband talk me into getting it.

I don't get all the whining in regards to people spending money on virtual 'goods'. It's their money.. wtf do you care? And while we're at it... where is all the freaking out about 'forced spending' coming from? It's a mount... an accessory... nothing that effects gameplay....really.

If i have enough money by the end of the week im gonna get it, i mean its the first mount that u can ride anywhere. and its avalible on all characters upon purchase, what im getting at is 17 to never have to pay for any mount even again.

If u read the discription on the website it actualy says when summoned it summons as the highest lvl riding skill avalible, so by I guess they mean that when u summon it in old world it will appear as a normal land mount and when u sommon it in a flyable area it will summon as a flying mount.

So Yes im gonna get it.

LordNue:
not even microsoft would charge 10 dollars for is just ridiculous.

Implying Microsoft does not have a 42% fail rate on the 360 and is constantly charging consumers for their(microsofts) own mistakes.

I thought Blizzard said they would ~never~ add any paid dlc or microtransactions to their game?
Oh well, yay for Activision's influence I guess.

i think i would be upset if i was playing. now, if they made it possible to get near end game or something, i would not be upset.

Jaded Scribe:

LordNue:

Jaded Scribe:

LordNue:
Ahahaha this is fucking retarded. Man I'm glad I quit when I did or I would have been banned for calling the people who bought it retarded.

I love judgmental jerks like you.

You have spent $25 on something the rest of us would laugh at you for. No need to rag other people for how they choose to spend their money.

Except I would never feel the need to defend my retarded spending choices on a forum and cry that people who think it's stupid are judgmental jerks.

Laughing at you is far different from crying. And I haven't defended anything. I simply said that I was going to buy it, and pointed out that you clearly have issues if you feel the need to make fun of how other people spend their money.

But go ahead and keep trolling. Gives me something to break up the tedium of my evening :)

If you like things that make you happy for a short time go for it, as long as you think its worth it get it.

My opinion is MMO rpgs suck away your time,money now they suck away your money faster then before

Pilkingtube:
I thought Blizzard said they would ~never~ add any paid dlc or microtransactions to their game?
Oh well, yay for Activision's influence I guess.

humm I think I made a topic about this a while back. And yea I remember them saying they wouldn't ether.

Jiraiya72:

LordNue:
not even microsoft would charge 10 dollars for is just ridiculous.

Implying Microsoft does not have a 42% fail rate on the 360 and is constantly charging consumers for their(microsofts) own mistakes.

How am I implying that at all? I'm just saying that 25 dollars for one inane thing is insane and that microsoft is fond of charging more money then the DLC is worth as is.

Imbgoin to start by sayin that it's a beautiful mount // The modeling omn this one is some of the best intake for any of the mounts // Now whether or not I will pay $25 (about €17) for it is another matter all together, but only time will tell

Also just on a side note, there is a unicorn mount in game // You get it if a friend joins with a code you give him

-M

its fine let the mass retards who cant get protodrakes or invincible waste thier money

Jiraiya72:

ninjajoeman:

Jiraiya72:

LordNue:

I bet people who buy Porsche cars and Lamborghinis are also retarded.

they are aren't they? seriously get in an accident with that thing BOOM you lost your fun. Now that I think about it what happens when your account is banned and you bought this?

I'd argue that if you get into an accident with any car that it was probably retarded. And why..exactly would your account be banned?

you were driving to fast while playing wow while running from the cops...
or you reskin your mount to a Lamborghini.

I definitely want this. Alas, the inordinately long waiting queue means I'll have to wait a month before being able to properly purchase this.

It probably doesn't cost them very much to design and implement mounts, what if they offered a whole range of them, from 25$ to 2000$, the market is there for high priced virtual goods after all.

Wow, this is interesting o~O! I have a friend who loved WoW because they didn't have a cash shop (as is the business model in most FTP online games). I do wonder what he is going to say now XD. Still the mount looks really cool, if I was still playing WoW I would have bought it ;). Thanks for the information!

Thats not a waste of money
it goes to a good cause
and it is awesome
also if you dont like it dont buy it

Poofs:
Thats not a waste of money
it goes to a good cause
and it is awesome
also if you dont like it dont buy it

A good cause? are they building celestial schools in space?

it looks cool having played wow before my account was hacked by and advertisement spammer that is pretty bad ass and would get because it as close as i can get to owning the spectral tiger and also you spend a lot more on the cards to play the damn game

Haha, wow. Just logged in and these things are all over the place.

Look really cool, too.

Does this effect gameplay? Or is it simply cool?

If it is cosmetic, hell, your clever Blizzard. I can't blame you for milking money, you're a company, and that's what you do. Its completely optional.

If it has a game difference, suddenly it changes. If you have an advantage over other people, then you are de-valuing the people who don't want to buy a horse. If that's the case, then its a problem.

Having seen the item on sale and then later today this thread I decided to log on in to Azeroth and see if it affected the game much. It seems so, for the first day of release I saw at least 20 players in various capital cities and the like toting these phat mounts. And they are phat, both proper land based speed and walking and amazing looking flying. Added to the fact they are spectral, something of which there is a fad, it makes them a very desirable mount.

aside
For those who don't play (and I am new to the game myself) anything usually that cool involves DAYS of game play (see Time-Lost Proto Drake). Often awesome content requires coordinated play between 10-25 players and that can again takes hours and hours to get to.
/aside

So given this and what has been said before, I feel Blizzard have been too contemptuous. The ccg was okay and offered in game stuffs with epic rare cards etc... so that required some effort (or ebay). But this is a flagrant way of cutting out the point of the game, which is to play it to get stuff. By allowing it to be okay just to stack up a wedge and get a great in-game reward, how is that different to buying an account from some one stacked with epics or skill. By Blizzard condoning what seems to basically farming rewards for ig rewards, it removes any leg they have to stand on when dealing with gold farmers and account sales. These are things every MMO works at least a little at to stop such things and now the people who run the game are doing the very thing they banned.

So i disagree with just having it for sale. I feel it should be achievable in-game.

That's it

Well almost...

...the mount is mega cool and I would love to have one but not at this price.

Also from WOW Head
RE Spectral Tiger

"Unlike other loot cards in WOW TCG sets 1 and 2, this loot item requires you to spend gold to acquire it. This is because the loot items are not supposed to affect gameplay by giving a player an advantage over another, thus, it merely unlocks the option to purchase a different mount rather than giving away a free mount."

"Everything is worth what its purchaser will pay for it."

~Publilius Syrus

Now I haven't played WoW since pre-BC, but doesn't making this available to anyone make it slightingly cheap to people who went through all the work to get a 310 speed mount?

Such is the games industry. They can price things as high as they want, and even though people will complain, they know people will still buy it. Pricing it lower doesn't make more people buy it because a whole lot of the player-base are too young to have credit cards and wouldn't be able to buy it regardless.

John Funk:
"Objectively a bad game"? Bullcrap.

The boss fights alone are some of the most creative in any game I've ever played.

They have to be. With, what, nine classes, every class needs something to do. Complexity must scale proportionally. So, when viewed as a whole, the mechanics of each boss are pretty complex. When viewed from the perspective of each individual class (especially with the average raiding guild's affinity for difficulty removing mods and timers), the actual function of each individual player is extremely threadbare. Hell, due to the average raid guild's inability to adapt to a mistake (just wipe it), solo play requires more actual thought than most raid content.

Not to mention the primary factor in overcoming raid content is based entirely in the fact you progress at the rate of the dumbest person in your guild.

I mean, I just assumed you were talking about raid content.

there everywhere!

Poomanchu745:
I used to play wow a while back and yes, this is a waste. I would stay away from it if I were still playing cause I know its only a shameless money grabbing scheme to make shit tons of money by basically doing nothing. All blizzard is doing is making a false demand by releasing things every so often so people feel like they are special when they actually are able to buy one. And blizzard is laughing all the way to the bank.

Thats true, also the fact that EVERYONE has one makes the value of it depreciate. Why do you think everybody loves the amani war bear? Because not everybody can get it. Plus they are just making a lot of money off people with too much disposable income. I would like this, but it's not bloody worth 25 dollars.

The only thing kind of nice is that all of your characters get it, thats the only good thing I like about it, and it looks awesome. But awesome things just aren't as awesome when everyone has one

wadark:
Well, regardless, it's not like its some horrible greedy thing. Don't want/need it? Don't buy it. Simple as that. I for one will be paying for one ASAP, better than spending $1000 on a spectral tiger (Yes, that is what they go for on ebay).

I thought the tiger went down in price to something not completely outrageous. Also just to clarify to those who don't know, that tiger used to be 10k+. May have been 25 at one point but I can't be sure. Also about the griffin, I believe there is a difference between gold and dollars. Perhaps you grinded for hours for that gold but I think typing at a keyboard for world of warcraft of all games to farm? Perhaps some raiding would take considerable skill and execution but farming is just making sure you don't die and they do. I put a lot more value on what I work for in real life to what I work for in WoW.

OT: Awesome looking, but as I mentioned before, everybody and their mother has one so why do I want it? Also 25 dollars is best spent elsewhere.

pantsoffdanceoff:
Now I haven't played WoW since pre-BC, but doesn't making this available to anyone make it slightingly cheap to people who went through all the work to get a 310 speed mount?

It's only 310 if you already have a mount that is 310. If not it is just 280. It's so people with 310 mounts don't feel forced to only use that mount.

Just another example of people with a bit to much disposable income....

I dislike them taking even more hard earned cash, but still that mount is pretty sweet.

I don't see why people are getting their panties in a twist over this.

If people want to spend $25 on it, then that's their choice. It's not game breaking, and it doesn't make one an idiot for purchasing it. Nor does it make Blizzard out as some sort of diabolical mega corporation; they are not forcing people to buy this!

I don't get why people are bitching about this.
It's purely cosmetic, and it is entirely, 100% optional.
So if you don't like it, don't get it, and go on about your own business.
It's not like this is some "pay and get double XP or better items" kind of thing.
in fact, it'd be fucking retarded of Blizzard to not make use of this additional market.

It's like buying a car and bitching because the car company also sells cool, expensive stickers to stick on said car.

Jiraiya72:

Poomanchu745:
50 billion dollars in one day? How do you figure? Im pretty sure that if 80,000 people bought it that is only 2 million dollars. Where you got 50 billion i have no clue. If blizzard could raise 50 billion in one day they could probably get the US out of this financial deficit.

Foggy_Fishburne:
50........... billion........... dollars..... in............ one...... daaaaaay....... saaaadface

*Fogzie suffocates himself*

Well. Wow. Good job WoW. Now I really don't see any other game then WoW 2 dethroning it from the position of Master God of all MMOs. It has established it's place pretty well and I can imagine Bobby is gleefully rubbing his hands. Yaaaay. I don't know what to say as I don't know what I feel

Hopeless Bastard:

And... 80,000*25 is 2 million... not 50 billion...

Guys..he was being facetious..

Of course!! I knew that!!

<_<
>_>

So...refresh my memory. People bitch about DLC costs. People bitch a lot about DLC costs. Blizzard puts out DLC that's $25 and only gives you one mount. People don't bitch, in fact they cream themselves over it. Way to have double standards, gaming community.

Denamic:
I don't get why people are bitching about this.
It's purely cosmetic, and it is entirely, 100% optional.

So was horse armor and yet that got ridiculed. This gets treated as an amazing innovation in ripping you off.

Two of my guildmates olrady had the mount for tonights raid. And they were loving them.

So aperantly they are limited edition so you might only have a few hours before they sold out.

Dobrev:
Two of my guildmates olrady had the mount for tonights raid. And they were loving them.

So aperantly they are limited edition so you might only have a few hours before they sold out.

It's not limited. The counter on the store is just a list of how many keys they have left and as soon as it gets low they make more keys. It is not limited or going away.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here