What do you think of Naruto, now its so popular?
I cant get enough of it!
6.8% (29)
6.8% (29)
I like it.
13.6% (58)
13.6% (58)
its alright, i guess
15.2% (65)
15.2% (65)
Im fed up with it.
15.4% (66)
15.4% (66)
I hate it.
19.2% (82)
19.2% (82)
Never read it.
28.3% (121)
28.3% (121)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Has Naruto gone too far now?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Urgh... Manga and Anime always go too far unfortunately by making a grave error: Introducing too many characters. And Naruto is no exception. I mean, wha, have a look at the characters introduced in the Chuunin Exam arc. Mindblowingly ridiculous. And it keeps on doing that. As a result, I personally got fed up with it. On reflection though, that's what to be expected from Shounen series. Personally, the only Shounen series that I found interesting were Death Note, Gundam Seed, and Code Geass. (Assuming we can consider Code Geass and Death Note as Shounen)

First of all, "It's too popular" is the most stupid reason to dislike something I have ever heard. If it's good, it's good: it doesn't matter how many other people like it.

Now as for my opinion on the topic, I admit I am not reading the manga: I am watching the anime. I started with it, and I can't really read the manga now 'cause I've gotten connected to the characters' voices and the soundtrack. But where it is, even with the filler (which has gotten much better in Shippuuden), I'm still loving the show.

And for the record, I have a friend who reads the Manga and says it seems to be winding down: he thinks it'll end soon.

Armored Prayer:
I immediately just quit after everyone started to summon animals.

hahaha I understand.

The anime is fun to watch but it could've been so much better if things were much more quick paced. Now in the manga things are getting a bit more fast, it doesn't really cover much but well, I'm just hoping to see the end soon.

wrecker77:
Never liked it. BELEIVE IT!! Beleive what? That you need a new catchfraise!?

That horrific phrase only exists in the english dub of the show, for some unknown reason; it never once shows up in the original Japanese context or manga.

I would occasionally watch an episode or two of the japanese release with a bud o'mine who was really into the series. Without the horrible rape of the american television system its a pretty bad-ass show and I enjoyed what I watched.

ChromeAlchemist:
No, I think the manga hasn't gone too far. There is still much to be resolved. The only problems I have with it are, yes, there are quite a few characters and he doesn't do enough with them, despite them being pretty well developed, and that damned cop out he did at one point in the manga.

That being said though, I love it. Not the American one though, that one can go die in a fire.

And to everyone:

One Piece has been going on for 12 years and is still going.

Just a bit of trivia for you there.

EDIT: I forgot it's cool to hate on this series actually, maybe I'm wasting energy.

This times about 10.

If you're capable of handling more than four characters, it's a thorougly entertaining manga in my humble opinion. I don't watch it, but I do read it every week. And enjoy it. It just takes a tad more thought to keep up with all the characters, their stories, and how they all intermingle with eachother.

I will admit it's not the most mature of anime, but it has points that are more than just comedic or action-oriented content. There are actual plot-twists involved, as well as 'heavy stuff', for example, beloved characters being killed off.

But that's just my opinion. If we want to talk about an anime that should have ended long before it started, let's talk about Inuyasha. I gave it a chance, I did. The show holds no merit for me whatsover, and has, as far as I know, a poorly developed storyline that has gone on for... 558 chapters in the manga, compared to the 461 that Naruto is at currently.

Its okay but I stopped watching it after a while.
Got kinda boring.

YOUR A MORON...IM GOIN TO KILL YOU AND YOUR FAMILY FOR YOUR STUPIDITY!!! NARUTO IS GOD...NOW KNEEL!!!

I hated the first part of the story when Naruto was still a kid, but now im loving the second part of the series when theyre all adults now.

la-le-lu-li-lo:

ChromeAlchemist:
No, I think the manga hasn't gone too far. There is still much to be resolved. The only problems I have with it are, yes, there are quite a few characters and he doesn't do enough with them, despite them being pretty well developed, and that damned cop out he did at one point in the manga.

That being said though, I love it. Not the American one though, that one can go die in a fire.

And to everyone:

EDIT: I forgot it's cool to hate on this series actually, maybe I'm wasting energy.

This times about 10.

If you're capable of handling more than four characters, it's a thorougly entertaining manga in my humble opinion. I don't watch it, but I do read it every week. And enjoy it. It just takes a tad more thought to keep up with all the characters, their stories, and how they all intermingle with eachother.

I will admit it's not the most mature of anime, but it has points that are more than just comedic or action-oriented content. There are actual plot-twists involved, as well as 'heavy stuff', for example, beloved characters being killed off.

But that's just my opinion. If we want to talk about an anime that should have ended long before it started, let's talk about Inuyasha. I gave it a chance, I did. The show holds no merit for me whatsover, and has, as far as I know, a poorly developed storyline that has gone on for... 558 chapters in the manga, compared to the 461 that Naruto is at currently.

Exactly. The plot twists have kept me interested and had me anticipating the following chapter, and despite what people claim, the story is miles better than most long running shonen series out (hence why it's not the most mature of series, because of it's demographic).

But what irritates me now is because there are some die hard Naruto fans out there, people who probably haven't even watched more than 3 episodes or read 3 chapters of the thing just want to drop in and hop on the coolness bandwagon, proclaiming "lolol Naruto is shit and never should have started". Kind of makes me feel like this:

I don't care how much the fanbase annoys you, or how many times you see something like this:

Bad fanbase doesn't mean bad product. Case in point, Valve and Bungie.

ChromeAlchemist:

Exactly. The plot twists have kept me interested and had me anticipating the following chapter, and despite what people claim, the story is miles better than most long running shonen series out (hence why it's not the most mature of series, because of it's demographic).

But what irritates me now is because there are some die hard Naruto fans out there, people who probably haven't even watched more than 3 episodes or read 3 chapters of the thing just want to drop in and hop on the coolness bandwagon, proclaiming "lolol Naruto is shit and never should have started". Kind of makes me feel like this:

I don't care how much the fanbase annoys you, or how many times you see something like this:

Bad fanbase doesn't mean bad product. Case in point, Valve and Bungie.

I almost didn't believe you when you showed me the second image. Then I remembered this guy .

I do not want to be associated with this person, nor do I want Hellsing's greatness to be tainted by this guy. So yeah I get what you mean.

Chibz:

Unborn023:
great point... but fuck at least its better than bleach
fucking DBZ wannabe

Let's not forget that DBZ is just the mutant, horrible offspring of the original Dragon Ball.

Without a doubt. As innocent as DB was i still love it to this day. I tapped out of DBZ during the Buu saga when nobody fucking died anymore because everybody can regenerate. I also hated how dragonball went from stylized kung-fu fights with minor laser beam action to .. blurry lines blurry lines.. flashes explosions screams some more explosions and alot more rapid flashing of lines across your screen.

I only read the manga but even that was put under a lot of strain after a stupid arse deus ex machina at the end of one of the best arcs yet

Ok, all you fuckers who keep insulting Naruto, shut the hell up. Things are more than just entertainment to some of us. There is a depth of character in some of us beyond a single drop of water on desert sand. Even my friend, who judges everything, has a copy of all the filler. There was a good reason for the filler, the voice actor was playing a 12 year old boy, and his voice needed to drop for when he became a 15 year old. It's seems like many people view Naruto like an annoying rip-off of pokemon or digimon. Well, if that's how you view it, you should just not watch it. It's too good for you, you wouldn't understand, to use you're type of language.

I know that emotional people like Americans need to have an "opinion" on everything, but if you don't have an opinion, you're right. So everyone with an opinion on anything is wrong, because nothing is true at all. That is the ultimate truth. It's all an emotion. And you gents have VERY shallow emotions indeed. I would also mention that I have observed many comments against Japan on this site, and Naruto is a very Japanese anime, despite you're knee-jerk reaction that it's "American."

I don't EVER want to hear you're "it's just another thing" attitude to Naruto again. I don't want to hear it about anything else which is important to someone in such a negative and dismissive way. Although I suppose it's kind of beautiful that the character faces the same kind of contempt here as in the series. And it doesn't faze him one bit, which as also explored in the series, makes bitchy short lived woman angry. But they're just side characters, no one really remembers them.

I just have to quotate 1 person...

The Spoony One

Final Fantasy 7/8 review:
"THIS! *points at Yuffie* THIS is not a ninja! And while we're at it: *Shows Naruto* NEITHER is THIS!!!!" *followed by the obnoxious line of Naruto shouting "I'm a ninja, ninja ninja! Believe it!"*

.... I prefer Ryu Hayabusa over this guy any day ^^

I gotta be honest, I don't watch much anime, (though I'm starting to, slowly working through Hellsing atm and was thinkng of trying naruto) but I hate it whenever people hate something merely because it's popular (it's too mainstrrrreeeeam! they cry). Though, in this case, if it has gained too many characters, I understand that.

I like naruto. Hate the anime filler. Any time something gets even slightly interesting they go and kill it with 3 weeks worth of filler. Same with Bleach.

If Naruto has gone too far, I wonder when that fucking Pokemon is gonna stop. So no, not yet.

I like the manga, but I kind of wish they'd either speed it up or end it. I mean there was a big long arc where Naruto did all this hardcore training, then by the time the story was ready to use him they were facing an even bigger threat and Naruto had to go somewhere and do more training to get ready for the fight before he even had a chance to participate! And that happened like three times in a row! I was elated when he finally got involved in the fight against Pain.

Syntax Error:

ChromeAlchemist:

And to everyone:

Gonna one-up you on that and say:

Hajime no Ippo has been going on for 20 years and is still going.

The anime is on hiatus, though.

Golgo 13. I win.

But yeah, people who say Naruto's been going on for too long clearly aren't fans of American comic books either, because they can stretch on for just as long as their manga counterparts.

Ugh. I've only ever seen the Anime. And... It's got it's good points, and I like it anyway, but there is far too much filler, and unnecessary repetition.

You could literally cut out 50% of some episodes entirely, and all you would have done is removed something that repeats the end of the previous episode.

That's... Messed up.

As for the dub... I don't really see why it's so bad. With the exception of the whole 'believe it!' thing people keep mentioning, the japanese and English cast sound pretty much the same to me.
Translations are obviously a different matter, but that would require reasonable fluency in Japanese to be able to identify. Otherwise you're just relying on translation discrepancies between the dub and subtitles.

Of course, this does presume you aren't watching some kind of butchered edit. I've only seen the FUNimation dub, which seems to be the same as the original Japanese.
I caught a comparison of a scene from the first season though, that showed some of the things that got cut for broadcast, and that really does butcher the story...

All in all, it's an OK series, but manages to have just enough annoying traits to stop it actually being a good one.

Oh, and the reason Naruto doesn't look much like a ninja is probably because the original concept was that he was a wizard...
I guess the author decided adding a bit of ninja mythology would be more interesting.
That, or they just really couldn't manage to draw goggles. XD.

A friend of mine loves it, I gave it a few episodes of the anime before I went "meh" and he keeps trying to get me into it, claims because he found it first is why I don't like it, I keep saying the horrible animation style, stilted and stupid dialogue (take the first episode... a 5min conversation while the guy is bleeding to death ffs), not to mention the laughable "plot" is the reason I don't like it.

I don't have a problem with people liking it, but for the love of god stop trying to make me like the damn crap.

Now that that's off my chest I'm going to get my Gasaraki boxset out, that's real anime.

fuck all u haters naruto should not end dbz was great and it ended naruto is the present dragonballz and i love it its awesome dont hate on a great show just because u love watchin barney

I remember first settling down to try and get into it a year or two ago. I found the anime...well...it wasn't bad, but wasn't great either. It wasn't until about episode 2 or 3 when Naruto had diarreha that my mind snapped and I thought..."Holy shit, I'm watching a cartoon where a character is literally taking a shit...repeatidly." That got me hooked I have to say....then that whole arc about the bridge brought the series crashing down. Whiny characters, generic plot and overacting....lots and lots of overacting.

The series perks up here and there, when the characters actually get on with things, when they're not going through lengthy half-hour explanations of how they learned a move, or why their sister is a little big-headed or whatever. Hell, most of the so called 'fight scenes' are mostly Naruto just standing there with clenched teeth, occasionally spouting a cliche line.

Naruto certainly follows that standard anime storyline. Loud, obnoxious character wants to be the best at something (Ninja, Pirate, Pokemon Trainer, etc). There's a friend who's often quiet and actually more skilled then the main character, but is usually laid back in the main characters shadow. Thirdly is 'The Girl', trying to not be a typical girl, she'll be angry, violent and dislike the main character, but still fancies him...alot, but will never admit it. They go from place to place, occasionally saying "I'm trying to be the best Ninja/Pirate/Pokemon trainer/etc, but I'll stop to help this village/person/group for the next few episodes." Padding, or should I say 'fillers?' Most animes seem to follow this formula, well, alot of the long running mainstream ones. Yes its a little harsh to call most animes that, but from what I've seen I'm pretty much on the mark...

So...yeah, I'd say Naruto's gona a bit far, but what the hell do I know. You might like it, don't take my word for it.

When they needed filler episodes in order to drag the series on. That's when it went ''too far''.

Akira Fumi:
When they needed filler episodes in order to drag the series on. That's when it went ''too far''.

I heard they only did that because the anime had to wait for the manga to be written, so they just fiddled around in the meantime.

I'm pretty sick of Naruto, but I'm continuing to read it just because I don't think I've ever stopped reading a manga until it finally ended. And I'd really hate for Naurto to be the first one I gave up on. Though if the "final" battle between Naruto and Sasuke doesn't finish the series right after or very soon after I think there might be a high chance I stop. I personally haven't liked it since the Ninja tests (Chunin?).

Though I must say Naruto beats Bleach any day in my book, I'm so sick of Bleach, the story just moves so slow and its just battle to frigin' battle and I could care less about the slew of characters that pop up.

ChromeAlchemist:

And to everyone:

This all the way.
I'm happy they're finally getting KB some frame time, but they have all these pre-developed characters that are waaaay more likable than the main ones, and they're not using them! ARGHHH!
At least it was getting interesting for a while, but they're proly going to use the upcoming training arc to check on Sasuke and his band of emo misfits. *shivers* not looking forward to that.
One Piece is the one series that only got better as time went on. I thought it was finishing up there for a while, but no, they could easily make it last another 12 years if they wanted. I wouldn't even get tired of it. So many characters, so many plots, not too hard to follow, yet complicated enough that it doesn't devolve into a generic shonen.
Then there is Bleach.....um, if anyone can tell me what the hell is going on with Aizen and stuff, I'd really like to know. t just sorta stopped making sense the last few chapters.....

Lullabye:
[quote="ChromeAlchemist" post="18.136855.3079574"]
Then there is Bleach.....um, if anyone can tell me what the hell is going on with Aizen and stuff, I'd really like to know. t just sorta stopped making sense the last few chapters.....

My strategy for getting through Bleach for the last chapters is "the magic black ball in Aizen's chest is responsible for everything that ever happened. Why? I don't care it just is! And apparently Ichigo is "special", but then since when isn't he? Oh and at least a year more of fighting is to come."

Wait, you hate it because it is popular

Rednog:

Lullabye:

My strategy for getting through Bleach for the last chapters is "the magic black ball in Aizen's chest is responsible for everything that ever happened. Why? I don't care it just is! And apparently Ichigo is "special", but then since when isn't he? Oh and at least a year more of fighting is to come."

I was sooo hoping that when Aizen gave his "you're special" speech to Ichigo, they would have pulled a "Why am I special?"
"Because you're retarded."
".........."
And just have the series end like that.

evilengine:

Akira Fumi:

I heard they only did that because the anime had to wait for the manga to be written, so they just fiddled around in the meantime.

I believe that was why too, but it still ruined things for me. Ninja slice of life. Do not want!

I got back into it. I noticed that the only reason I thought shippuden/post-time skip was so bad was because of the shitload of fillers I watched and

. The worst part of Naruto is that peoples' favorite characters tend to never be around! Honestly, whose favorite is actually Naruto? :/

The dub is horrible. I had to watch it cause the subbed episode was down. Luckily, Gaara's voice is probably one of the few good ones (and I could name them all on one hand).

But man, Bleach started sucking (it started good and quickly devolved into shit). Great idea ruined to hell.

Lullabye:

Rednog:

Lullabye:

I was sooo hoping that when Aizen gave his "you're special" speech to Ichigo, they would have pulled a "Why am I special?"
"Because you're retarded."
".........."
And just have the series end like that.

Only if they had a "badum psh" on a black page over "End."

Unborn023:

Full Metal Alchemist's anime is absolutely disgusting. Almost like they took all the characters from the manga, ripped out their spines then wrote a nice giant fan-fic. I have no clue why they even bothered keeping the name.

i don't know if anyone ever told you this, but here is one loyal to the manga and very cool... i've only been dissapointed by it once, but that was actually a mis-translation on the manga's part (supposedly... it was still tonnes funnier in the manga)... and now i find that the website i watched it from has now stopped showing it :'( i'll be able to find it elsewhere.
The series is called "full metal alchemist brotherhood", kinda annoying how the crappier fan-fic one stole the real name and also confuising because there is supposedly already a movie or OVA called this!

anyway, to get back onto the topic of Naruto, i used to really despise it whilst all my friends loved it. since i got into manga, i've actually come to really love it, even the storyline before shippuden, which i remember finding retarded when watching the anime... perhaps the manga showed it seriously... i don't know.
I actually started watching the subbed Shippuden recently... why? to watch a particular fight... and it was frikking awesome! it was so much better animated than Bleach that i wanted to cry for being betrayed... which i wasn't but whatever... i'm too tired to make sense

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked