Spider-Man: Beyond the Spider-Verse no release date removed from schedule Sony movies delay delayed Ghostbusters sequel Karate Kid reboot Kraven the Hunter Venom 3 Bad Boys 4

Spider-Man: Beyond the Spider-Verse Has No Release Date at All Anymore

The simultaneous writers strike and actors strike mean that no new scripted television or film is being written, and no actors are promoting the movies and TV shows they have already filmed. It’s a recipe for disaster that is resulting in delays (that are entirely the studios’ fault). In this case, per Variety, Sony Pictures has delayed several movies, like Kraven the Hunter (nobody cares), a Ghostbusters: Afterlife sequel, a Karate Kid reboot, and Spider-Man: Beyond the Spider-Verse, the last of which has no release date at all anymore.

Recommended Videos

Sony Movie Release Date Delays: Spider-Man: Beyond the Spider-Verse, Kraven, Ghostbusters, and More

The full breakdown of movie release date delays (and a couple pushes forward) at Sony works out like this:

• Kraven the Hunter is delayed to August 30, 2024 from October 6, 2023.
  • The Ghostbusters: Afterlife sequel is delayed to March 29, 2024 from December 20, 2023.
  • Madame Web is pushed forward two days to February 14, 2024.
  • The Karate Kid reboot is delayed to December 13, 2024 from June 7, 2024.
  • Bad Boys 4 gets a June 14, 2024 release date.
  • Venom 3 receives a July 12, 2024 release date.
  • They Listen from Blumhouse has no release date and was previously planned to open on August 30, 2024.
  • Spider-Man: Beyond the Spider-Verse has no release date and was previously planned to open on March 29, 2024.

However, based upon reports regarding the troubled development of Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse, there is no way that its sequel, Beyond the Spider-Verse, would have ever hit its planned March 2024 release date even without the writer and actor strikes. Reportedly, little work has actually been done on Beyond the Spider-Verse as of yet. With the strikes, even less work will be done on it. If anything, the strikes feel like a convenient excuse to hide how behind schedule the movie is. If I had to guess, I wouldn’t expect this film any sooner than 2025.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article Furiosa: Is Tom Hardy in the Mad Max: Fury Road Prequel?
Tom Hardy as Max Rockatansky in Mad Max: Fury Road
Read Article Agatha: Who Does Joe Locke Play in the MCU Series?
Joe Locke and Marvel Comics character Billy Kaplan/Wiccan
Read Article X-Men ’97: Who Is Theo James’ Character, Bastion?
Bastion in X-Men '97 Season 1, Episode 7, "Bright Eyes"
Related Content
Read Article Furiosa: Is Tom Hardy in the Mad Max: Fury Road Prequel?
Tom Hardy as Max Rockatansky in Mad Max: Fury Road
Read Article Agatha: Who Does Joe Locke Play in the MCU Series?
Joe Locke and Marvel Comics character Billy Kaplan/Wiccan
Read Article X-Men ’97: Who Is Theo James’ Character, Bastion?
Bastion in X-Men '97 Season 1, Episode 7, "Bright Eyes"
Author
John Friscia
Former Managing Editor at The Escapist. I have been writing about video games since 2018 and editing writing on IT, project management, and video games for around a decade. I have an English degree, but Google was a more valuable learning resource. I taught English in South Korea for a year in 2018, and it was exponentially more fun than living in Pennsylvania. My major passions in life are SNES, Japanese RPGs, Berserk, and K-pop. I'm currently developing the game Boss Saga with my brother, which is guaranteed to change your life and you should buy it.