Rate the song above you!

Pages PREV 1 . . . 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 . . . 143 NEXT

3/10... When I saw the title, "American Love" I expected some slick satire of American Culture and the idea of the American Dream, like with That Handsome Devil's first two albums... but sadly I was disappointed... it seems to be playing the idea of love straight and it's very... sigh worthy, I guess, at least when I can understand the lyrics, when the drummer is singing, which was the best part... It's the kind of late 80's ballad that just bores me to death and makes me want to gag myself out of it's own pretensions of innocence... though at least they're getting a fairly listenable guitar tone out of it, and the change of tempo is nice if only to distance itself with the rest of the song, which seemingly, only exists to test my patience, with it's guitar chugging, screaming action... especially at the end, where they sort of just throw out all creativity, that might've been present before to chug away...

7.5/10. Not my favorite Gorillaz song, but still pretty good.

5/10... once again the instrumentals are really quite good... with nice beefy country rock riffs and strong rhythms... but the vocals just kill it, roughly half the time it actually works, during the big chorus, but there's just no down points in the song, because the singer doesn't understand the idea of restraint so it ends up just being completely overbearing and makes me anxious...

7/10. Nothing not to like, but not the greatest song by them.

5/10. The song was kinda lame. But the music video was cool.

Yeah, the video is 90% of why I like that song.

Anyway, 6/10. The chorus did a lot to hold everything together and made everything work much better than I expected.

I don't know what this video is. The 70s were strange

9/10... I'm gonna be honest, the video made it for me... but that was goddamned fucking amazing... just staring into that mans eyes, being softly spoken to in a language I don't understand, in between screeching guitars that give way to a heavenly choir... that was really something else...<.<

Been a while since I've been in the mood for LCD Soundsystem...

6/10. While very interesting, it goes on a bit to long to retain much lasting attention from its listener.

5.5/10

Sounds like I should know that song. Then again it's so obviously designed to be pop-py and catchy that I really can't say - for that it's too close to being one of those typical radio songs, the kind of auditory fast food that never tastes bad and is good once in a while but ultimately lacks nourishment.

You should know the song if you're a Doctor Who fan!

Now, for the song itself?
7/10. The instrumentals are good, but the melody seems quite inconsistant.

Capatcha: face teh music
Hahah

3/10. Just, no.

Ehhh...
2/10

I've started to think that bands of this ilk are trying to be legitimate pop punk musicians but their one screamo mate just keeps hanging around and no one has the heart to tell him no. Because the mix hasn't grown on me at all yet.

8/10.... Nostalgia it burns! and actually without nostalgia goggles on that songs actually really good...<.<

7/10

I like the contrast with the calm parts here a lot. It never sounds overburdened in terms of instrumentals and each time where I feel it's too close to being too noisy it takes a step back again and works with some very relaxing acoustic sounds - like in that great interlude at around 1:40. I really like that. On the other hand, I'm really not a fan of those vocals or the kind of noisyness employed occasionally - especially that distorted part at around 3:15 really annoys me.

6/10 I was ready to hate it when you mention the Dropkick Murphys... since I find them basically unlistenable roughly 80% of the time... but this was pretty good... Though I hate how drinking song a lot of it sounds... especially in the beginning... I can;t stand drinking songs... that and the way the singers voice cracks up when he raises his voice bothers me a bit, it's just far too clean and generic to really work for anything really... also the instrumentals do a really bad job of mixing the influences... it's essentially a polka song with distorted guitars in the background that don;t add anything to the song...

Writing about quasiparticles while listening to a band named quasi is too good an opportunity to pass on right now >_>

Anyway,

8/10

Oh yeah that's good stuff. The electric organ sets the scene perfectly with an addicting and interesting beginning that I really enjoy before the singing sets in at about 1:45. The following provides a great curve from something a bit more relaxing up to a nice climax complete with a regress afterwards that closes the song satisfyingly. Unfortunately, the track is a bit too short for this development and I think one or two minutes more would have been a boon to that song. Moreover I'm not entirely captivated by the vocals here.

...I think I've never heard a band in recent times that deserved the label "in your face" more than these guys. I absolutely have
no idea why I'm hooked on them since I discovered them yesterday...

8/10 that was pretty good.

0/10 I'm gonna be honest, there was nothing good about that. It wasn't creative , it wasn't fun, it wasn't emotional, it wasn't charming in any way; it was just the most unenjoyable generic mush of words and notes I could imagine.

4/10. I just can't get into Japanese music.

4.5/10

I dug the video a little. I liked the whole 'stage show in a post apocalypse' thing.
Musically it was eh. Not entirely my cup, but there were little moments I enjoyed.

Whoa...
As they say in my town.

8/10. Great song.

Awww, the logo had me thinking it was going to be a crazy rural american inflected rock/metalcore group similar to Maylene and the Sons of Disaster or possibly Red Fang or even Cancer Bats.

3/10

5.5/10

Certainly has a nice dirty metal style to it, that's for certain. Still, the rest is just unfulfilling - too repetitive with nothing ingenious going on in the instrumentals and the vocals also do nothing for me here.

6/10. Typical black metal. Nice riffs, mediocre vocals. Still, the fact that they didn't bore me in the first five minutes deserves some mention.

How about a band that I saw live yesterday?

8/10. That was pretty good.

4/10. I liked the orchestral flourishes, but beyond that, no thanks.

6/10

I really hate this. The music is good, has some good tempo and rhythm to it and the occasional interlude with guitar and synths give the song some character despite the fact that I miss a climax somewhere. But then, the vocals just spoil it for me with that ethereal, inconsequential sound that never leads anywhere interesting.

6/10 I would've really preferred that as an instrumental, the singer kinda ruined some of the atmosphere...

Japanese band, but they are singing in english <.<

6.5/10. The music was decent, the vocals were kinda crap though.

Fun fact: This song is about those kids who made the "3 Guys 1 Hammer" video.

3/10. Typical metalcore.

6/10 Kind of mixed... Definitely not bad and listenable.

Punk rock cover of The Who's song.

5/10. Not bad, but not my choice genre.

Probably my favorite song ever, the video looks interesting and the song just gets my adrenaline pumping!

7/10 really bordered a bit too much on Ska for my tastes, with all of the guitar chugging... but it's hard to beat the Kids are Alright... just a classic song... and I loved how low the production values are, actually felt like punk rock... compared to what the genre has turned into nowadays...<.<

Pages PREV 1 . . . 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 . . . 143 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked