The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 . . . 827 NEXT

Drop Group #1: Ella | Melethia | Rugal
"What's it look like? I'm taking care of the unconscious kid that you and everyone else in this camp has managed to ignore? Now... scuse me."

"......"
She was right, Rugal had completely forgotten about Melethia between all the business with Teri and Viscus.
He sighed and massaged his temples, this was clearly not a good day for him.
Somewhat defeatedly, he sat down beside Melethia opposite Ella.
"...Christ, not even a blanket. Tajuh..." He grumbled as he slipped off his jacket and used it to cover her up from the chill of the night, being careful not to break Ella's focus.
He watched sliently for a minute as Ella did....whatever she was doing.
"....So how is she? She'll pull though?..." He finally asked, beginning to grow concerned.

Dimension: Avatar Adventures Universe

Location: Corrupted Forest | Corrupted Temple of Light | South America
Time: Nighttime | January 1st

Drop Group #1: Aftan | Altea | Akane | Angelus | Cadolbolg | Caim | Devon | Ella | Gabrielle | Jake | Kalastryn | Kurumu | Kyre | Mark | Melethia | Puce | Rugal | Tajuh | Teri | Ton Ton

Much better... an even and controlled voice was definitely not going to pull Ella's concentration away from where it needed to be which was with the girl.

"Look Mister... she's fine... I'm not even sure what happened to her but her wounds are all healed up nice and neat. Whoever did it did a fine job... whatever... but like I said... I'm not even sure what happened to her... I'm just trying to ease her back out of it okay? So... just... chill out... and stop acting like a helicopter parent." Ella said evenly as she tried to keep her concentration on not only the girl, but the puzzle in the girl's mind and try to keep from giving whoever this guy was... her dad?... a piece of her mind.

No matter how busy he was.. a dad should be with his kid... not cavorting somewhere else when your kid just got stabbed. However... she kinda failed at that.

"Look mister... I know this is none of your business but when your kid gets stabbed in the gut... the last thing that you should be doing is wandering around somewhere else? What woulda happened if she woke up... without you around? All I know is... she's got family issues and if you're an example of her family... I wonder why..."

Ella silently cursed as she had realized that she had been staring into empty space for a while as if distracted and not giving the little girl the attention that she needed.

"Sorry about that... that dad of yours keeps hovering over me and asking me how you're doing." Ella explained as she started working on the first corner... flipping it this ways and that as she remembered some of the things that she had learned when Lucifer and her had set up the Temple of Solomon traps.

"AH HAH!!!! I GOT IT!!!" She yelled triumphantly as she went over to the second tile and worked on it... this time getting it in half the time.

"So far so good kiddo... so... can you tell me your name yet or is this one of those stranger danger deals?"

Drop Group #3: David | Elena | Kud | Riki | Saya | Slindis

Spotting Slindis' fog in the distance, Elena started making her way towards that area, making sure to keep her lines clear and especially ensuring that the archers and war dancers were taken care of.

"SLINDIS! Over here!" Elena called out, covering the Drow with a few supressive bursts with her rifle.

Drop Group #1: Aftan | Altea | Akane | Angelus | Cadolbolg | Caim | Devon | Ella | Gabrielle | Jake | Kalastryn | Kurumu | Kyre | Mark | Melethia | Puce | Rugal | Tajuh | Teri | Ton Ton

The girl looks down at the grould while working with ella as the two worked on the next section. "I don't know who you mean, but I don't have a dad... and I'll tell you my name after you give me yours when we finish." She starts moving the tiles around to see if they were trapped, and Ella could tell the girl was starting to get some more energy back as the puzzle continued.

Slindis made her way over to Elena and David with the two schoolchildren in tow, killing the stray villager that aimed to take Riki or Kud.

Drop Group #1: Ella | Melethia | Rugal

Rugal didn't really know how to react when Ella talked to her as if he was her father.
"...Two rapiers to the chest...held by a doppelganger of her mother...I was the one who healed her...but I'm not her father...Just a friend...Though you are right..." He answered, letting go of the target over his head for a moment as he held her hand.
"Tell her it's Wheathair..." He added, prompting a puzzled look from the Demon.
"...It's a nickname...I kinda like it..." He shrugged

David West
As Slin and Elena neared, David took over the reins of the "Kill box" he had his love set up, firing large flaming rounds into the grinder input, the shots plowing though all they hit.
....This is wrong.... David began thinking as he watched the tribals die en-mass.
Sure, they were all trying to kill them, but that didn't make it any easier.
Sighing, he resumed his efforts and the bloody end of this formerly peaceful tribe neared.

"Wheathair? Strange."

"Hmm... well that kind of makes the two of us... You might not have a dad but mine was rarely ever there."" Ella thought to herself as she started working on the other side of the room. The first one was pretty easy as she flipped it to the correct position in one flip.

"Well... it's our last one... how about you come over here for a moment... and flip it like this." The Succubus said as she gave the Elf the honors of flipping the last of the corner tiles.

"Voila!" The Blonde Succubus said with a smile before looking at the small elf.

"So... like I said... I'm Ella Rockwell.. and you are?" Ella said giving the Elf girl a little courtesy.

"Also... Wheathair says hello... does that mean anything to you?"

With Slindis safety behind her, Elena started backing away from the village ensuring that there were no immediate threats to her team.

"David... we've got the objective... We should go!" Elena advised as she checked the perimeter and slammed the last clip for her Assault Rifle home.

"Last clip!"

Upon flipping the last tile, the girl looked up at Ella. "I'm Melethia, Miss Ella. I guess it's kinda rude to keep Wheathair waiting, but do I really have to wake up?"

Slindis sheathed her rapiers and drew a ebony bow, ready to fire on the villagers. The others may have thought Slindis odd for pulling out a bow, but there was one important thing about the Silver Flame: it trained every member in its ranks how to use the chosen weapon of Tira Miron, the longbow.

She fired a few arrows at those pursuing, aiming at the limbs to slow the last of the villagers.

David West
"....you can stop now...." David said as he motioned for them to stop.
"What?! But-" Elena went to protest before he raised a hand to silence her.
"We've won..." He calmly added as gunfire stopped.
Silence.
They just killed the entire village.
".....Well.....I think it's safe enough now...." He said, casually spinning his gun on his finger before holstering it
The Kill Box was a brutally effective tactic and he was grateful the results were covered in a thick un-breachable fog.
"....Right....Best leave before the smell kicks in..." He said as he walked off.
Just another day of saving the world...

Angelus gave a soft laugh at Cadolbolg's sentiments, and patted the little one; "My dear, that IS being hungry. You forget, you're flesh and blood now; so you will have the cravings involved."

As they walked towards food (At least, by Angelus' nose) Caim caught a glimpse of Rugal, Ella and Melethia all gathered around, and couldn't help but wonder what was going on between the three... "Shouldn't that kid be awake by now?"

Dmitri's Home: A.I. Vermilion | Dmitri

Dimitri paused for a moment as he checked his Lady's vitals and found some troubling news; "She will not wake for another six hours. Her body instinctively knows that she needs eight to use her spells again; as per the rules of universe from which they are drawn. The only problem is that if she were to wake early, then she'd be without any of them. Furthermore, and hour is needed to prepare said spells."

He thought for another moment, and asked, "Ms. Vermilion, does your master have any drugs that can imitate slumber? There is a possibility we can speed up the process that way."

Rugal

Rugal looked up from the elf when Caim was walking by, taking a passing glance as he did.
The first thing that came to mind is would standing over Melethia as she rested make him think less of the King of Fighters.
Then something far worse came to mind: Teri said she'd send those files to everyone.

Caim had a PDA.

He then reminded himself that he had only EVER used that PDA to talk, He'd wouldn't even know how to check his mail even if he got it.
Least he hoped that was the case, At any other time over the past few days, he'd gladly fight Caim and everyone else to the death.
But he wasn't about to play into Viscus's plan, He wasn't going to let that digital bastard beat him.

Still, He needed to make up for neglecting Melethia right now.
Odds are when the fight broke out, she'd be on their side...

Drop Group #1: Aftan | Akane | Angelus | Caim | Cadolbolg | Cadolbolg | Devon | Ella | Gabrielle | Jake | Kurumu | Kyre | Mark | Melethia | Puce | Rugal | Tajuh | Teri | Ton Ton

That was a complex question wasn't it? Asking if she needed to wake up and stay in this realm of puzzles for ... how long?

The Succubus smiled at the little elf and patted her on the head for a moment, a sign of affection to be sure.

"From what you showed me of your past... I think you're far too old to be asking me that question. You're a responsible little squirt so... you decide. But... if you don't wake up, how are you ever gonna tell me when you need a hand with these puzzles?" Ella asked... feeling a certain kinship towards the Fatherless Elf.

"And maybe if you come out, you can help me prank my sister! But for now... I'm gonna motor. If I don't see you out there, I'll check back on you soon, m'kay?"

With those words, Ella Rockwell severed the connection between herself and Melethia's dreamworld.

"Hey Wheathair. She's okay. She just needs to sort some shit out in her head." The Succubus said as she stretched her lithe body once again before standig up.

As she turned to leave, she hesitated and turned towards Rugal.

"Go easy on her would you? She's been through the ringer. I don't wanna catch you messin' up her brains any more than they already are." She warned him as she flashed one of her Chained Kamas before placing it back in her weapon wheel.

Gabrielle woke up with a start and realized that she was no longer wrapped in Akane's tails. Looking around, she realized that she was in a tent... with Aftan and Akane sleeping nearby.

Smiling to herself she rolled over wedged herself between the White Knight and the Kitsun, latching onto Akane's tails and snuggling up against Aftan.

"Ahhhhh heaven... ZzZZzZz"

Puce was still awake while Kurumu slept and while there had been great enthusiam in their activities, there was one thing that troubled Puce afterwards.

Kyre's eye had a certain look to them when he came back from fetching the water, a look Puce knew well... for some reason, the Anti-Mage wanted him dead...

"Hunger? I'm hungry?!" Cadolbolg said with excitement as he rubbed his stomach once more, enjoyjng the sensation. It was the first time he had EVER felt hungry and so he tried to relish the feeling, as uncomfortable as it was.

"We should eat then!" The dragon said as he hitched a ride on hjs father's shoulder, excited that he would be eating for a reason now rather than just to fit in.

Moments later, he found himself seated in front of an array of plated food... Compliments of Rugal's supply drop. Dipping his clawed finger into a gravy boat, he marveled at the texture and then the flavor... And then the flavor of all the food as he greedily dug in.

Hopefully someone will explain to him what the feeling of full is before he gets there...

Drop Group #2: David | Elena | Kud | Riki | Slindis

As the grouo departed the Village, Elena looked on at the casualties that the group had inflicted... men, women, children... all showing signs of corruption due to Tomoya's influence and equally innocent.

Staying behind as David, Kud, Riki and Slindis left, Elena lit a single flare which would soon comsume the village in purifying fire and as the village burned around her, she said a silent prayer for those that had been killed that day, hoping that whoever had allowed this to happen would grant these people safe passage to whatever life lay beyond this one.

Such is life...

A.I. Vermilion gave the idea some thought, using the time to scan through Mark's inventory before shaking her head.

"Unfortunately, there is no drug that will be able to simulate a full hour's sleep, ate least, not one that exists. However, perhaps my Master will have a different idea on the matter?" The A.I. suggested as she started a visual feed with Mark.

"Hey, Vermi, what's up?" The A.I.'s Master asked, his face looking haggard from lack of sleep.

"Master. Dmitri and I were wondering if yiu had any ideas as to how we could simulate a full 8 hours of rest on Madamoiselle Teri without using up a full 8 hours of rest?" The Vermilion A.I. requested looking anxiously to the feed on the monitor that had been placed above a fireplace.

"Is there a drug that you know of that will trick her body into thinking that?"

The face on the screen appeared to think for a bit as he went through the various sleep aids that he knew of before shaking his head.

"No there's none that will trick her brain into resting a full 8 hours in less time, unless we don't have to trick her at all." Mark said, elicitting a puzzled look on the faces of the 2 A.I.s

"If I code it right, I can create a bubble of time that progresses faster than the rest of the world. While she's in this bubble, she'll be able to rest a full 8 hours while the time outside the bubble onlly progresses an hour. Come to think of it, I could probably use those 8 hours myself." The Dramatist commented as he began writing code.

new script SNOOZEBAR
create new.object time.bubble
add properties time.bubble.Frame_Skip
Set time.bubble.Frame_Skip 8
Set time.bubble.radius 15
Set time.bubble.life 1 hour
Set time.bubble.location writer.Teri
Compile

Compile complete.

Looking back at the feed, Mark uploaded the file to A.I. Vermilion's utility toolset.

"Just a word of warning though. It won't be without side effect. We'll have to undergo the opposite treatment when we have 8 hours to spare... otherwise we could get time sick... it's where our minds start having issue. We'll perceive things as either running in slow motion or in fast forward. But as long as we reverse the process within 72 hours, we'll be okay." Mark said as he laid down with his back against a tree trunk.

"Whatever you decide to do, whether it's runthe program or not, I'm going to sleep."

Rugal
Rugal nodded at Ella's warning, though if the issue of the one who hurt her came up, he might have to be firm.
"I will...Thank you..." He said as the Demon went about her business.
Once she was gone, He could have sworn he saw movement in the corner of his Red eye and instantly looking at Melethia.
"...Melethia?....Can you hear me?...." He said in case she was about to wake up.

David West
David sighed after the battle was over, Thankful at least they were alive.
"...HEY RIKI! YOU RUN OFF LIKE THAT AGAIN, I'M TEARING YOUR NADS OFF!" He shouted suddenly, remembering how annoyed he was about the schoolboy trying to play hero.
He was uncertain if he heard him or not, but he vented and that was enough for him.
"Right, We'll wait until dawn before going to regroup with the others, any objections?"

Drop Group #1: Aftan | Akane | Angelus | Caim | Cadolbolg | Cadolbolg | Devon | Ella | Gabrielle | Jake | Kurumu | Kyre | Mark | Melethia | Puce | Rugal | Tajuh | Teri | Ton Ton

As she debated leaving, she could faintly hear Rugal calling her name. "Guess I should get going..." Upon those word, there was a blueish gate that appeared in the center of the now opened gated area.

She smiled weakly as she walked through the door, and slowly opened her eyes to see Rugal looking down on her. "...sorry for makin ya wait on me, Wheathair..."

Slindis turned to David, feeling extremely uneasy at the slaughter that had happened, especially seeing how the children had been killed in the attack. Tomoya's corruption may have affected them, but she had only aimed at taking out the combatants.

"The schoolchildren may be tired, but every person here has already gotten rest. We move for another two hours tonight, then we camp. If we run into the main group, we camp with them." It was clear she wanted to distance herself from what had happened there as much as she could, and it looked like she would march on her own if she had to.

Rugal
Rugal let out a sigh of relief as the little elf awakened.
"Oh thank god...I knew that wouldn't keep you down for long..." He smiled, the first good thing to happen all day.
"How are you feeling? I did all I could with what I had..." He added, hoping she wouldn't ask how, he was still thinking of how to break it to her about what happened.
It was then she noticed something, there was something about Rugal that felt.... pleasant, like being around...Slindis.

David
"Fair enough. You lead, I'll cover you, Also, make sure to leave pointers so we can get back here, spent long enough trying to find this damn place. ALL-RIGHT PEOPLE, LETS MOVE OUT!" David shouted as their group made their way towards the main group.

She laughed weakly. "I'm okay, but where's my chainmail shirt? It's made of mithril, so if you guys threw it away, I won't be happy..."

Rugal had remembered seeing Puce remove the armor while the Enermancer had worked to stabilize the girl, and it had taken relatively little damage outside of the areas the rapier had pierced through the girl. However, it might be a good idea to have her get something that would protect the torso a bit more...

Slindis picked up Kud after putting her bow back in her bag of holding and made an extremely strong pace, one that even caused David and Elena troubles to keep up as she marked trees with her rapier. "Come on, this jungle isn't that difficult to move in!"

Rugal
First thing she worries about is the Chainmail...Don't you ever change Rugal smirked as he tried to think back to where Puce might have put it.
"Well...I know we didn't throw it away, but not much else. Still, I'm sure it'll turn up. Come on, lets go look for it then." He said with extremely un-characteristic warmth.
In case she was still weak, Rugal picked her up, keeping his jacket covering her and then began going though the camp looking, keeping her close to his chest.
He kept quiet as they looked, worried about touching a raw nerve on the Not!Slindis issue.

David
David was following at first, but soon he was basically sprinting to keep up, Most the time he spend out in the wild was just him sitting in one place and couldn't hold a candle to her skills.
"HEY! SLIN! Last I checked, Surivial Training wasn't Track and Field!" He cursed as he, Riki and Elena followed in tow the bast they could

They eventually found the damaged shirt near Puce's tent and picked it up, and Rugal noted thatthe chainmail was about as heavy as his jacket. Of course he had to carry the girl because she was still recovering from the aftereffects, and the two happened upon Devon as he was getting back from a small jaunt to relieve himself. "Wheathair, who's he?" The girl looked at the Author with a small amount of confusion on her face.

Devon looked at the girl and tried to hide his discomfort the best that he could, especially when he saw that the girl was still fairly pale from the blood loss.

Slindis slowed down slightly to make a mace that was merely difficult to keep up with instead of nearly insane. "Look, you just have to pay attention to the jungle. It's hostile to most any that enter it, but there's paths that one can take if they can see the signs. If you were at my home, you'd have to stick to the city, because your lack of training in here is sad. Honestly, what do they teach your armies?"

Rugal
"Ah, Here we are...Told you we'd find it." Rugal said before Melethia slipped it on.
It was then they ran into Devon, a event that clearly made the writer uncomfortable.
Fortunately for him, Rugal didn't know he was the Writer for Melethia.
"That's Devon, A associate of Teri's if I heard correctly. He showed up not along after...." He stopped, fearing he might have reminded her of what happened.
"Still, He's a friend and has been helping us since he arrived." He explained.

Devon found it EXTREMELY jarring that Rugal was now acting like a uncle.

David
David soon jogged up to her before catching his breath as if he was running a marathon.
"*Gasp*....Look, Slin, you keep forgetting: *Gasp* You are superhuman, I'm just regular Human. I have *Gasp* Survival Training, sure, but I can't Usain Bolt my way though the jungle. Ahhhh...I just shoot people....REALLY well" He admitted, starting to get his breath back.

Angelus had already begun to lecture Cadolbolg on the nature of eating and was making sure that her son didn't engorge himself too terribly. However as she heard Rugal talk to Melethia,

"That's Devon, A associate of Teri's if I heard correctly. He showed up not along after...." He stopped, fearing he might have reminded her of what happened.
"Still, He's a friend and has been helping us since he arrived."

She looked around and took a whiff of the air. Nothing. The little author was gone. She looked at Caim with a frown, as she had charged him with watching over her. "Speaking of Teri.. Where is she, Caim?"

Caim froze as he was in the middle of biting down on a small sandwhich, and mentally kicked himself. The fight with Ella had distracted him from his job. After biting down and beginning to chew; he pointed at Rugal and Devon, "She was with those two last I saw her."

Getting up from her spot, Angelus directed Ton Ton to keep Cadolbolg's eating habits under control as she wandered over to Devon. Kneeling down to his prone level, she quietly asked him the same question she had Caim.

Teri was currently in a Time Bubble of Mark's creation, the effects of it making sleeping for 8 hours seem like nothing as her two AI companions watched over her. Soon, it would be time for her to pick out her spells, and Dimitri already had a few lists at ready for her perusal when she awoke. Otherwise, all the AIs could do was wait anxiously and hope that no-one had received or opened the mass email...

Rugal, Melethia, and Devon
He laughed to relieve the tension as he looked Melethia over. "Mister Bernstein, do you mind if I put a hand on her arm? She looks like she's had a really hard day, and I think I could help her out a little bit."

Melethia looked the writer over, noting the chainmail he had. "If it makes a difference, Wheathair, I don't really care. 'Sides, someone musta liked him to give him that mail, and I don't think they'd give it to a jerk."

David, Slindis, Riki, Kud, Elena, Saya
She slowed down a bit more to just make it slightly to keep up. "You'll have to pick it up. Honestly, were you a diplomat trained in the use of that weapon or a man?" David could tell she was disappointed with the fact that she had to constantly had to slow down, and she was only breathing slightly hard compared to the man's panting.

Rugal
Rugal froze for a moment: Teri.
The gig was more or less up now, Thus when Devon asked to touch Melethia, he plotted his exit.
"Well, Actually if you don't mind, Would you mind looking after her? I've got a meeting with Tajuh so you can do whatever you need to do then." He kindly asked, Devon knowing something was up.
After handing Melethia over, He glanced over to Angelus and said "Ms. Gravel requested some alone time, she was looking into a means to un-bind her life with all yours. I was there, It went off without a hitch, though it seemed to take a lot out of her. She'll most likely be resting not far in that direction. As you were.".
After pointing out where Teri was, Rugal began to get as far away from the camp as possible.
He was going for the temple and would use the Orb to escape, defeat Tomoya and format Viscus for his betrayal.

David
"Diplomat?!....Ok, look, I was admitting you were better...Then you had to go and make it all personal and shit." David shot back as he kept close to the drow.
"Some people can shoot fire, some people can use magic, I use bullets! Nothing else, Au natural. So as a result there are...shortcomings." He said as he kept his pace up when he could.

Devon, Melethia, Angelus
Devon put both hands on the girl's arm, becoming slightly paler as he transfused a good deal of his blood into the girl. Due to the amount of focus it took to not have it fully rush into the girl, he didn't notice Angelus talking to him until Melethia pointed it out.

"Um, mister, Miss Redscale is askin' ya a question. Are ya gonna answer?" She felt revitalized by the restoration and pointed to the human form of Angelus.

"Excuse me for asking, but what's your name? Last time I saw, Teri was going to get some rest." Although he knew the dragon's name from the RP, he knew it would start out a lot better if he allowed Angelus to introduce herself.

David, Slindis, Elena, Saya, Riki, Kud
She Kept her pace up, noting that the others there were a bit behind David as they moved. "If you were in any kind of military, you'd have trained for hard marches. When we get out of here, I'll train you so that you can actually keep up somewhat." Her tone was that of an instructor, and David could see that the knight would make sure that he got the training whether he liked it or not. If the training was going to be up to her standards, the training would not be easy by any means.

Devon, Melethia, Angelus

"Excuse me for asking, but what's your name? Last time I saw, Teri was going to get some rest."

"Matching testimonies, it seems..."

However, her brow furrowed when she saw Rugal leave so quickly after acting so kindly. It wasn't like him, but she wrote it off to Melethia's recovery. He was fond enough of the younger crew members, so she wrote it up to that alone. Hmn, perhaps this meeting with Tajuh was just that important; thus causing his haste.

"Ma'am?"

Angelus was drawn from her line of thought when she realized that she had not answered Devon's question; "Ah yes, apologies. I am known as Angelus, but the title Redscale is an appealing one..."

A devilish smirk appeared after that remark; and she stood back up to her full height, "I'll go look for her. Do you wish to come along?"

Devon, Melethia, Angelus

Melethia waved to Angelus before cheerfully speaking. "Redscale, I'm gonna look for that lady I was talking to earlier. Okay?" Before the dragon could respond, the elf ran off to find the succubus with blond hair, being surprisingly energetic.

As he watched the girl run off, Devon shook his head to wake himself after having given the young girl a good deal of blood. "You'd like me to call you Redscale? You've got it. Since it seems Melethia went off to find someone here, I think I'll come with you. Try not to make me go off in a sprint, though, because the air here's not treating me too well..." He didn't want to tell the dragon that he was lightheaded from the transfer of blood, although the man was looking a bit pale.

As they wandered away, Angelus shook her head, "I know who you are, Devon. I can smell faint traces of Hell upon you and there is a new succubus here. It was not hard to put together. I've been to Hell once... Unpleasant place really. Why you trained there is beyond me."

Devon was shocked that his facade was so clearly seen through (or in this case, smelled) by the dragon; but she laughed as they went along, "As for your question, you may call me what you wish; so long as it is not an insult. I have grown attached to the pseudonym 'Red', if you'd like to follow with that theme."

Speaking of her nose, Angelus had it to the air in an attempt to locate the girl, but there were too many scents combating with one another to really get a lock on the girl. With a growl of frustration; Angelus decided to allow Devon to take the lead, "Perhaps you remember where she was?"

Devon led the way to some of the further tents, talking while he did so. "Yeah, it was unpleasant. But it's not like I was going to get any better by just sitting around and hoping it. Nah, I had to make that first step to being worth a damn, and hopefully it helps here. Now, last I checked, she was somewhere around here." Angelus could see that the man was slightly dizzy, and he did his best to not knock anything over as he approached the spot he had last seen Teri.

Angelus couldn't help but smile at the Writer's pluck. It was funny how these children (at least, in her eyes they were children) were so full of determination. It was almost a defining characteristic for the Writers. Perhaps that's what set them apart from those of their homeworld? As they continued to walk, Angelus did her best to keep from tiring out Devon; as she saw his increasingly deteriorating condition. Blood loss did that to a person...

A few moments later, the dragon and Writer came upon Teri, Mark and Jake all passed out under trees. It was a strange sight indeed, and the dragon couldn't help but wonder what had happened there.

"If she wanted 'alone time'; then why are these two here..? No matter. Devon, help me wake them up."

Angelus began to pat Mark's face as Devon wandered towards Teri. When he approached, he heard a familiar AI's voice: "Stop, do not wake her yet!"

Time: Midnight| January 2nd

As Melethia wandered through the camp looking for the Blonde Succubus from her dreams... she failed to look up in the trees, that was until a small pebble was thrown in her direction.

"You decided to wake up, I see." Ella said, remaining on the bough of a tree that served as a rather comfortable perch.

Mark woke to Angelus' face in his...

"What... am I dead already?" Mark commented as he stretched from laying against a tree stump for so long.

And that's when Dmitri shot out a warning to Devon.

"Whoa... yeah... don't do that... don't even get close to her. She's in a time bubble that's allowing her to sleep for 8 hours while only an hour progresses out here. If you step inside the bubble while it's active... the tidal forces could... do... something to you... I dunno." Which was partially the truth. Temporal distortions are rather temperamental things... and disturbing them was never suggested.

If the forced march was wearing on anyone it was Elena, her inside of her right thigh burning from ... earlier... however what was even more wearing was the banter between David and Slindis.

"Some people can shoot fire, some people can use magic, I use bullets! Nothing else, Au natural. So as a result there are...shortcomings."

*SNAP*

"SHUT THE F**K UP, THE BOTH OF YOU! I'VE HAD IT! WE JUST DESTROYED A VILLAGE AND THE BOTH OF YOU WANT TO PISS ON EACH OTHER LIKE A COUPLE OF CHILDREN!" The Russian officer screamed as she stopped in the middle of the forest, the others looking at her as if she had just lost her mind.

Looking in the distance, she saw smoke... the smoke that would have been made by a series of small campfires. That was were they would most likely be. Opening a portal in front of her, she stepped through it, dragging both Riki and Kud before they could wander off anywhere else, leaving David and Slindis to stare at each other.

The Portal would be left open... but not indefinitely.

A.I. Vermilion stopped SNOOZEBAR from running and marveled at the success of the program. Mistress Teri had been able to sleep a full 8 hours while only 1 or 2 hours of real time had passed.

"Remember... Mistress Teri will have to go back in the bubble for 8 hours within the next 72 hours or her mind will start to suffer..." A.I. Vermilion said as she monitored the situation with all the members.

The (Un)Real World
Time: January 16th

Armageddon | Mark

Armageedon clasped his gloved hands together and gave a stern look to Mark, "I very much doubt that little Kyre Cwanuld would receive such news with any grace." He opened his eyes and gazed onward, "If the day passes without a death, it would be a gracious miracle."

He picked up a cup and tipped it over so the contents spilled onto the tables in a steady stream.

"I will report back to BlackHarte immediately. Your precious Rosario and Vampire world will be fixing itself shortly, or at least a proper continuity will be taking the place of the one I consumed." He laughed, embers flew from his mouth and hung in the air.

---

Time: Night

Kyre | Mark

Kyre suddenly changed her expression. She forced the same smile she wore while in the Anti-Mage's order, and she closed her eyes so that no one could see past her facade. It almost seemed like she was a different girl. In truth she would kill him, but yet again, she understood that killings had to be precise and well timed.

She couldn't out and about cut his throat and be done with... she needed to kill him emotionally first, to separate his bond with Kurumu, to crush her trust in him, before finally draining that lifeless body of it's blood. Alas, what could she do, were she still in her adult body she could force herself onto him. But in this childish form, it'd be nothing if not unconvincing.

In the end she bowed to Puce and resumed standing near the couple, waiting to be called away into action, or a chance to set up Puce for a very, very, painful fall.

Melethia waved to the succubus as she climbed up the tree, getting to her position in a few minutes. "Thanks for helping me earlier, and some human with some chainmail helped me also. Miss Ella, I'm Melethia." Ella could see that the girl had regained a good amount of color now, and she certainly seemed in a decent mood.

Devon sighed as he looked at the bubble. "Seriously, you're telling me that she's in a different time than us? Well, that's nice to know. In any case, I'm staying the hell away from using that. I wouldn't want to get reliant on it." Mark could see from the way that Devon's skin looked that he'd lost a decent chunk of blood, possibly a Class II blood loss, something that would be something to be concerned about but not life-threatening. Considering that he didn't smell of blood at all, it was clear that he'd used his ability to give his blood to someone else again.

Slindis kept silent as she stepped into the portal, entering the campsite shortly after Elena. Of course I know we just took out a whole village, Elena. I was there to see the tail end of it! It's not my fault that David's nonexistent training held us all back on the way back or that he takes a sledgehammer to a situation requiring a scalpel...

Angelus involuntarily gave a hiss at the notion of what was being done to Teri; "Time manipulation? That doesn't sound natural..."

With that, she wandered over to Jake and began to lightly pat his face in an attempt to wake him.

As the discussion between AIs and Authors continued, Teri's eyes blearily opened to the world, and was confused when she saw a filter over her range of vision. That's when the events of an hour ago came back to her: the reveal, her fight with Rugal... correction; her second near death experience in life, and her conversation with Lucifer in her dreams. She almost bolted up from her seat until she heard Dimitri's voice, "Madam, don't move! You'll disrupt the bubble before it phases away properly!"

She froze at the sound of her AI's voice, and then slumped against the tree again. "The hell's going on here? Why's everything blurry?"

"All will be explained soon enough... But first; shouldn't you give your devotions?"

Rubbing her face, Teri nodded silently as she began to pray as she usually did, with the exception of the fact that her prayers were a tad more on the desperate side this time around; especially with the new circumstances that she had encountered.

From the outside, it only looked like a lengthy prayer, but to Teri, it was an intensive feelings jam with the Lord; her every fear and insecurity about this mission being laid completely bare to God as she prayed. However, despite the intensity of it all, the feelings of fear and confusion slowly slipped away; and gave way to confidence and strength.

When the bubble finally came down, Teri looked at ease with herself, and ready to take the next step in the right direction of fixing the troubles herself and her AIs caused.

Dimitri's Room

With Teri finally awake and ready to go, Dimitri looked to Vermilion, "Any ideas as to how to give a proper explanation before she goes crusading?"

Dimension: The (Un)Real World

Time: Morning | January 16th, 2013

A.I. Vermilion | Armageddon | Mark

"You know... you're not very friendly compared to the warhorse that Kurumu was feeding Apples to back on the Airship." Mark commented as he watched the rather fiery display that was taking place in the middle of the room from him... a display that caused the bungalow's fire sprinklers to go off, dousing Mark, Armageddon and the contents of the bungalow in a heavy shower of water.

"..." A grumble came from the Writer as he remotely disabled the fire suppression system.

"Halon 3.. that's all it would have taken... not water..." He muttered before he turned his attention back to his guest.

"I should probably mention that an attempt on Puce's life by Kyre will probably not end will for Kurumu's flesh and blood body... just sayin'"

Rising Dawn Encampment: Aftan | Akane | Angelus | Caim | Cadolbolg | Cadolbolg | David | Devon | Elena | Ella | Gabrielle | Jake | Kurumu | Kud | Kyre | Mark | Melethia | Puce | Riki | Rugal | Slindis | Tajuh | Teri | Ton Ton

The Succubus waved off the thanks as she continued sitting on the bough of the tree, looking at the members of the Rising Dawn scurry around as if they had no cares in the world. Ella was having issue reconciling the memories of Not!Caim with what she was seeing in reality.

"So squirt... don't laugh at me but... you guys aren't here to take over the world are you?" The Blonde Succubus asked, taking note of the cluster of Writers and Caim's lover, Angelus.

Melethia's confused expression answered her question in full however.

"Thought not... Just... I have a question... I saw that you were visited by a guy in a suit... blonde hair... goes by the name Lucifer... did he say why he grabbed you from where ever it was that you were at?"

A flash of light appeared as a portal flashed into existence underneath them. A woman dragging two teenage school kids stepped through it and started heading off into the encampment.

Mark looked over at Devon and shrugged.

"It's better than the alternative. Her not being ready for tomorrow and dying in the process. Besides... I've given her the low down on how it works. She needs to go back in the time.bubble in order to resync her body with our time... otherwise her sense of time will start to get distorted." Mark explained.

"At best this is an emergency tool to be used... and not a regular tool to be used. If she does keep using it... she actually will start aging 8 times faster than us. Think about it... one real time year equals 8 in there. Two equals sixteen. It's just something that we should avoid using WHEN POSSIBLE. Otherwise... I was made to understand that this was an emergency. They asked for drugs and the closest thing I could think of was Propofol... the sedative that killed Michael Jackson."

"What a bunch of assholes! I come up with the tools to help them out... they just bitch bitch bitch about it." Mark thought to himself as he stood up and began to turn away in disgust... clearly not in the mood to be questioned.

The Vermilion A.I. nodded as she fired of a BING! through the tablet's speakers in an attempt to get Teri's attention, hoping that the girl wouldn't be too eager to make everything right without first listening to an updated status report.

As the two waited for Mistress Teri to respond to the alert, Vermilion turned to her companion.

"We should attempt to explain to your Mistress how Mister Bernstein was framed for the Cartel assault on the military base... that it was Viscus that not only ordered the attack but had the most to gain from it. If we can access the current Corporate Roster for Bernstein Enterprises, she should note that Viscus Mk. III has been promoted to Chief Executive Officer. A move that should not have been done unless they were already anticipating the death of Mr. Bernstein. If Mr. Bernstein planned the assault on this, there is no reason why he would have promoted Viscus Mk. III to CEO." Vermilion explained as she sorted through the Rugal's public company files and notices.

"Additionally we will need to explain to her what we did to her. That we placed her in a bubble of accelerated time and we need to explain to her that if she does not enter a bubble of decelerated time, she will start to suffer the effects of time sickness, a condition caused by the region of the her brain responsible for the perception of time goes out of sync with time itself. The initial effects are temporal hallucinations... time will speed up or slow down for her. She will eventually start suffering from psychosis and eventually she will perish."

Dimitri held his face in his hands, and muttered, "I'll leave that part up to you... I'll try to explain to these users about my failure in communication... The more that know, the better."

By the third alert, Teri looked down at her tablet in confusion and asked, "Dimitri? Vermilion? What's up? I did my prayers, God knows what's going on, and I'm going to make things right."

"Before you do that... Vermilion and I need to explain a few things to you and your Writer friends... it would bode well that the more who hear this, the better."

Teri looked confused at the Tablet, and then Dimitri spoke again, "... If any of you have received an email from me recently; delete it. I have made a terrible mistake."

It was then that Dimitri began to explain the whole situation involving his ascent to the Rising Dawn; and the gambit pulled on him by Viscus, as well as the consequences that happened afterwards...

".... I am so sorry, Milady. It is because of your humble, faithful, blind, servant that you experienced so much pain in the past few hours. I do not expect you to forgive me, but I only ask that you do not turn me away. I am always happy to serve you..."

Jake cracked an eye. He had barely been asleep for long, and now some idiot was patting his face. Then the adrenaline kicked in and he realized he was in enemy territory, and none of his allies knew he was there. He was wearing proper camouflage in a semi concealed position as well, so they would have to have been actively hunting for targets. His right foot snapped across, taking the legs out from his assailant as he launched forwards with his upper body, bashing the would be attacker in the face with the butt of his rifle. Angelus went sprawling onto her back, not expecting the attack at all.

She looked up to see Jake staring down the barrel at her from his sitting position, his eyes back in focus, left one half closed and right one staring down the barrel at her, magnified by the 1.4x open sight.

"Angelus. My apologies. Next time you wanna wake me, shout. Touching me without me being able to see it coming is not a fucking good idea. Especially when I am tired. What do you want?" Jake said in a tired voice.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 . . . 827 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here