The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 . . . 873 NEXT

Dimension: Avatar Adventures
Author's Note: Let's try this again...

Dmitri's World (The Tablet): A.I. Vermilion | Dmitri

Dimitri gave a soft chuckle as his much redder compatriot moved to close the distance between them, a gloved hand moving to a now unhooded cheek, "So long as my services are not required, you needn't ask that again.... Now, my dear, what is it you wish to speak on?"

Home and Careers Class of Horrrrrors: Aftan | C.C. | Cadolbolg | David | Kalastryn | Kenneth | Lucieon | Lucretia | Matt | Maya | Melethia | Puce | Ton Ton

Ton Ton looked up at Melethia's vent crawling, and thought along the same lines as she did: The trap master was going for an attack from behind on the forces while they distracted them up front. Pointing up he 'sent' to his pact partner, "You go with Melethia to back up on the pincer attack, I'll take the front after that thing goes boom... Mr. West, if you be so kind with that explosive?"

As the tiny turtle zipped up, Ton Ton waited for David to launch the explosive, Knife and Lantern at the ready.

In the meantime, as Cadolbolg followed Melethia up the vent, his eyes widened as he saw the multitude of traps lining the walls. As he carefully followed along, he waved a friendly claw, "Hello! Friend Ton Ton said I should help with the pincer attack you're planning. I'm not entirely sure what that is, but I think it means attacking from behind, right? How can I help?"

After a moment, and hearing a horrible cacophony, the turtle dragon was VERY happy that he had decided to follow Melethia.

As for Ton Ton, he winced at the horrible sound that filled the air, but continued ahead, the Lantern and Knife primed and ready to take on any survivors of the sonic assault.

The Headmaster's Office: Angelus | Caim | Devon | Ella | Lucifer | Rugal | Slindis | Teri

When the Cleric saw Lucifer in the principal's office, a confused expression crossed her face as she spoke,

"Lucifer? What are-?"

And found herself being pulled into a comforting hug, as well as an explanation that the group had put themselves through this strange dimension. As this all ran through their minds, she lightly reached for the amulet, a comforting gesture before Garm barreled into her life. Speaking of the wolf, Garm found his way out of the bag and leapt onto Teri's lap as she sat herself in one of the chairs, causing a small smile to flicker on her face. Even in puppy form, her furry friend remaining ever the steadfast companion.

In the meantime, as they sat, Caim made a motion to ask what everyone's thinking: "I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't recall agreeing to any sort of school related occupation change, or mad Authors running amock!"

Angelus nodded in agreement, "Agreed. I don't remember even hearing about Mark going mad. In fact, the last thing I do recall-.... Well, it was a simple bit of minutia on the ship. Nothing about anything like this..."

Angelus was quick to catch herself. What she and David had found out from Dimitri moments before this shift in location, although somewhat important to several persons present in the room, it did not apply directly to the situation; and, frankly, could wait.

Speaking of the Cleric in question, Teri did find a bit of information confusing, and wondered aloud, "So we're in this school because Mark is crazy?"

Home and Careers: David, Melethia

"...Alright, but if this backfires....Nevermind, I'd most likely be dead, wouldn't I?" David asked as Melethia nodded before she went off.
Shrugging it off, He loaded the Vial into the Wrist Gun in place of a bullet before firing at the attackers.
Once the vial broke in the air, The air filled with a extremely loud piercing screech, downing anyone unlucky enough to be in range as their ears bleed heavily.
Even David held his ears until the ringing.

The only question on this mind was this: How the hell does a Liquid make that kind of sound!?

Melethia gave Cadolbolg a small high-five As they got over the main combat area, with her pulling out a small wand for the both of them. After tapping herself and Cadolbolg, she responded "SHould stop that sonic damage. now we wait for the right moment and hit them."

She saw some more shots from David and waited for that exact best moment before dropping down to stir panic in their ranks.

Vermilion moved closer as still, as close as she could get without their programs merging as she looked into the blue butler's eyes. What had she been thinking, she had quickly forgotten what she was going to talk about. Perhaps this was the reason she needed to be restarted so often, perhaps there was a glitch in her programming from the backup.

Her body seemed to shimmer for a moment as her logic protocols tried to process what she was experiencing and failed miserably.

"Error: Logic processing routines detecting infinite loop. Error: Logic processing routines detecting infinite loop." She muttered as her body stiffened for a moment and she dematerialized.

The book that she had touched glowed for a moment as it detected that A.I. Vermilion had crashed and started the process of loading a new copy of Vermilion. It took a moment but the A.I. finally stepped forward, once again hooded as she regarded the Blue Butler.

"It seems that there are some unforseen consequences of severing my connection to my former Master. Do you think we will be able to make this work?" The A.I. asked as she sat down on the couch, a distance away from Dmitri.

The Library: Gabrielle | Lupito

If Lupito had made his peace with dying that day, Gabrielle had made it her piece to live that day as she, Lupito and the neon green Vespa stared at a long stretch of winding road.

"Whaddaya think, Loopy? Think we can make it?" Gabs asks as looking at the steep curves with a grin on her face as she adjusted Lupito's helmet, cutting two holes in them to allow the wolf cub's ears to poke through.

Home and Careers Class of Horrrrrors: Aftan | C.C. | Cadolbolg | David | Devon | Ella | Kalastryn | Kenneth | Lucieon | Lucretia | Matt | Maya | Melethia | Miku | Puce | Sadei | Sean | Teri | Ton Ton

Holes, holes everywhere and now and extra big headache to spare.

Puce looked at David as if the man was daft in the head as he unleashed the sonic burst that shattered the practice windows and destroyed fragile ear drums and burst optical capilaries within those unfortunate to be within the sonic burst's range.

"KURUMU! BE CAREFUL!" Puce whispered as he motioned for her to move forward, having tossed her her 1216 Shotgun from his messenger bag.

"WHAT?!?!" The Succubus whispered back, unable to hear what Puce was asking of her over the ringing of the class bells, or rather her ears.

"WHAT?!?!?!" Puce seemed to whisper back in response as he moved along one of the tables and surprised a mook with a sweep with his staff to the mook's legs before knocking him into unconsciousness with a swift kick to his face.

"I SAID BE CAREFUL!!!" Puce whispered as he transitioned his sweep into a twirl, charging up the attached module and unleashing a blast of electricity on a masked assailant that tried to get over the disorientation caused by ruptured eardrums. The spasms only lasted a couple of seconds before the mook passed out.

"OKAY!" Kurumu whispered in response as she nodded, having no idea what Puce was mouthing over the ringing of the bell. Frustrated she shot the offending noise maker only to find her ears still ringing.

"OKAY THAT'S NOT ANNOYING!!!"

------------------------------

"I don't know why you're asking me that but sure, keep him. Just make sure to keep a close eye on it unless he escapes and starts a zombie apocalypse. Though don't ask me what they eat because as far as I remember they don't eat anything and starve to death," Matt said as he remembered the movies.

"Well I'm asking you because he seemed to be quite fond of you." Maya responded as she placed the jar on the table only to have the mini Rage Zombie start trying to bash through the wall of the jar towards Matt.

BLAM! SHATTER! SPLORCH!

Looking at where the zombie used to be, there was only a bit of gore and shattered jar as the masked mooks opened fire on the class.

"They... they killed Ray-Z?" The girl muttered as she looked at the assembled group of mooks, her form shifting until she was once again a tall, silver haired girl, this time wielding a sword.

"THEY KILLED RAY-Z!!!" She screamed as she charged forward, deflecting a few bullets as she moved forward, slicing a few bullets as she moved forward before sending one of the mooks out the window of the 7th floor of the building that was comprised of mostly windows.

"Yes, alright. I'll go with you. As a date." Lucieon siad after what felt like a very long long long time.

C.C. would have answered, had it not been for the fact that the gun men entered the classroom at that very moment and she probably would have said something coherent too, had she not been hit by a flying piece of shrapnel.

The Headmaster's Office: Angelus | Caim | Devon | Ella | Lucifer | Rugal | Slindis | Teri

"So we're in this school because Mark is crazy?"

The question caused the former Archdaemon of the Pit to snort because the answer as it turned out was rather absurd.

"Yes. We're here because the so called Dramatist of AA decided that the world needed to know that it was nothing but a plaything and that the Authors were largely responsible for the death and destruction that had been caused. He wanted the world leaders to band together to destroy the Rising Dawn and remove the interest of the Authors by removing their most precious creations. His plan, kinda, sorta, backfired. Using what pull I had left, we captured him and he's currently in suspended animation." Lucifer said as he leaned forward to tell the group the most insane part of the whole scenario.

"So we know that Mark's going downstairs when he dies and I can't do anything about it. But if he goes downstairs, the current ruler gets a new toy. And if that happens. What he did will be nothing compared to what she does. If we allow your Dramatist friend to keep his creative powers... we might as well kiss creation goodbye." The former devil said with a smile.

"So we're in his head, looking for a way to bind his creative powers so that he can't use them again or at the very least, severely hamper them so that she can't use them. The last thing the world leaders wants is a crazed reality bending writer on the warpath once again. You guys really don't remember any of this?"

The Library: Gabrielle | Lupito

Lupito was still highly uncomfortable but was comforted for a moment by the helmet. That stopped rather quickly as he saw the curves that Gabs was about to head through, and he pouted with the trademark Puppy Dog Pout.

Home and Careers Class of Horrrrrors: Aftan | C.C. | Cadolbolg | David | Devon | Ella | Kalastryn | Kenneth | Lucieon | Lucretia | Matt | Maya | Melethia | Miku | Puce | Sadei | Sean | Teri | Ton Ton

Up above, Melethia motioned to Cadolbolg to indicate it was time to start the ambush. Thanks to the sonic blast, the gunmen down below couldn't hear the impact of the shots. Those that were hit could feel them for a fraction for a second, adding to David, Puce, and Kurumu's already high body count. As for Puce and Kurumu, their ears were slowly recovering from the blast. Being on the outskirts of the radius had affected them a lot less than those that had been killed by the burst of sound.

Slindis shook her head. "Isolate the creative portions of his mind? I have a last spare bag of Holding, but we do need to find that part before we can do anything. We could store him in there, but that's a temporary measure at best.... Wait. She?"

Meanwhile, Devon pulled Ella aside and whispered to her. "Look, are you sure that's your dad? There's way too much that feels off, and he's bringing up the new head honcho. This feels too off to me."

Dimitri heard the smallest noise of complaint escape his lips when Vermilion rebooted herself, the need for it completely ruining the moment going between the two; as well as causing a minor scare for the Blue Butler. However, with Vermilion back on the couch again, and wondering what to do, Dimitri thought for a moment, "Hmn... It may be how you were created? I know Her Ladyship does not know the intrinsic workings of computers, but her will going into them seems to make things work out for the best, if it tires her out a little. That and I do not recall feeling a change when the connection to her was lifted. Perhaps I was able to move about a bit more, but otherwise, I do not know. I wonder, since you are no longer connected, perhaps her Ladyship could somehow create something that renders you completely autonomous of User: Mark's protocols? However, my main concern is that, because you are another Author's creation, she might not be able to affect your programming.... However, it is worth a shot, is it not?"

On Melethia's cue, Cadolbolg began raining fireballs and streaks of lightning to the enemies below, careful to not hit a friend's head in the process.

Ton Ton had waded in with his 'students', his tactics with Knife to the ankle and lantern to hands that drew too close to him. With the group being attacked on both ends, it was not hard for the forces to put a damper on the previously planned attack.

As the group listened carefully to what Lucifer had to say, Teri couldn't help but feel something nag in the back of her mind as they processed this information. Looking straight into the eyes of the Angel she had found herself emotionally entangled in, she asked,

"You keep mentioning this other ruler getting to Mark's soul... Why aren't you ruling Hell anymore? What brought this other person to power?

Second, if it's Mark's creative center that's causing this mess, how will we know what it looks like when we find it?"

A small noise of thought escaped Angelus as she tried to put the pieces together, "I agree. If this thing we're looking for is so important, than the Author would guard it jealously. After all, he needs it for his craft."

Caim had another thought, "I wonder if this can be like one of those lucid dreams? Now that we're aware where we are, in a mind, I wonder if we can change things around us?"

"However, it is worth a shot, is it not?"

It was worth a shot. Even if Mistress Teri... Teri couldn't help her, perhaps she could point Vermilion in a direction that would further her along. Sighing, she edged closer to Dmitri to hold his hand, her skin tingling as their hands met.

"Error: Logic processing routines detecting infinite loop. Error: Logic processing routines detecting infinite loop."

"Damn." Vermilion cursed as she dematerialized.

"You keep mentioning this other ruler getting to Mark's soul... Why aren't you ruling Hell anymore? What brought this other person to power?

Second, if it's Mark's creative center that's causing this mess, how will we know what it looks like when we find it?"

That first bit caused Lucifer to sigh as he nodded slowly.

"Some of you might not know this but I've been deposed as Hell's ruler and the one who's replaced me is my former wife, Ella's mother Agehea Kurono. Somehow she found out about my double dealing with Heaven and used that against me and Hell's Legion." The Former Lord of the Underworld lied as he didn't want his Divine Little Cleric to know that she was the reason why he was overthrown.

"And since she's the new ruler, she's taken over the contracts that I've made, including Mark's, including yours Devon, if it's still in play." The Former Daemon said as he looked at the Bard with a keen eye.

"As for your friend's creativity, it could be an object, it could be a person, it could be anything that exists here. If he's gone out to Crazy Town, he might not even know what it looks like, which explains the school's reporting that some of the students are missing and some of the students have been killed."

Caim had another thought, "I wonder if this can be like one of those lucid dreams? Now that we're aware where we are, in a mind, I wonder if we can change things around us?"

"Now that's a thought that might warrant further exploration. I'd test that theory but it would be better if someone who's unable to bend reality tries it. They might find that it's more prevelant around this creativity portion of his mind. Just be careful that you don't try to do anything world ending. That last thing we want is to be stuck in a fractured psyche."

"Just whatever you do, be careful. Now. I've got to go meet with the Boss about something else that's in the works. But please, especially you My dearest little cleric, watch your backs." He said as he gave Teri a hug and a kiss before disappearing.

Ella looked cautiously towards her father and nodded in agreement with Devon. It did feel off but she didn't know how.

"I don't know. But you're right. This feels off, but then again this whole place feels off. I don't know if that's really my dad or an illusion that your Dramatist friend has made up. I mean you saw how it was strutting around the library in Vermilion's form right?" She said, thought the mental image did make her smirk at its absurdity.

"Until we get more information on what's going on, we should probably work on fitting in. If someone was in my mind, I'd make sure that they had the least enjoyable time possible if I found out they were there to take away part of my brain."

The curves, as it turned out, were the least of Gabrielle's and Lupito's problems as they looked at the smoldering and smoking wreckage of Coach Rugal Bernstein's Neon Green Vespa and what lay beyond it.

Nothing.

As it turned out there was nothing beyond the campus grounds save for what looked like a painted backdrop, but even that seemed off as up close it looked like a bunch of blurry splashes of paint that looked like something only when you stood very very very far away.

"That's... weird. Right Loopy?" Gabrielle said as she touched the barrier that kept them inside the school grounds and pulled out a small hammer and a pick. She was going to find out what was on the other side.

Rugal

After hearing the preceding info-dump from Lucifer regarding Mark and the New Ruler of Hell, Rugal just sighed and rubbed his temples.
"Okay...So in order to get home and stop endless ruin to the entire universe...we have to find the source of Mark's Author Powers, which is somewhere in this building?
I just want to make sure you understand how bloody insane this entire situation sounds...God, is this really what being a Hero in this world is like?..." He remarked, feeling the urge for a hard drink right about now.

David

"Goddamn, this sounds like Raw X-Factor mixed with the Eurovision!" David Remarked after the sonic attack went off before firing another one into the hallway to help force back the incoming goons.
He'd set up a defensive zone around the door into the classroom, not allowing any gunmen in.

In the outside hallway, Melethia could see many more men with Balaclavas and gangland weaponry (Uzi's, AK-47's, etc) moving into position outside the classroom, some of them falling prey to the second Sonic attack.

"Okay...So in order to get home and stop endless ruin to the entire universe...we have to find the source of Mark's Author Powers, which is somewhere in this building?
I just want to make sure you understand how bloody insane this entire situation sounds...God, is this really what being a Hero in this world is like?..."

Angelus snorted, the sentiment obviously shared between dragon and mortal, "Welcome to life upon the Rising Dawn."

Caim shrugged, "I got used to it after a while. Save the world, dimension hopping, metaphysical whatever, bring it on. I just don't care anymore."

Teri smiled faintly, still buzzing a little from the parting show of affection from a moment ago. Jokes about the madness of the Avatar Adventures universe were being thrown about, and she added in a pseudo-joking tone,

"Me and Mark collaborated on crazier stuff..."

This elicited a somewhat skeptical glance from the (mostly) mute warrior, and he responded, "Jests aside, we need to come up with a plan if we want out of here. How are we going to find the Author's creative center? What would it even look like?"

Angelus looked to Teri and Devon, and asked very pointedly, "We have two right here... Perhaps you could glean a better idea of what this creative creature would look like?"

Teri thought for a moment, her brow coming together deeply as she pondered the idea, "Well, the only thing I can think of is to think of what inspires Mark. He likes writing about people, and they interact. And there's also the old concept of muses; Goddesses of inspiration... But i could be going out on a limb there..."

"Any ideas, Devon? Also, the floor is open if anyone else has a plan...."

Home and Careers Class of Horrrrrors: Aftan | C.C. | Cadolbolg | David | Kalastryn | Kenneth | Lucieon | Lucretia | Matt | Maya | Melethia | Puce | Ton Ton

Ton Ton stood by, and said very calmly to David, "Do you have a backup plan if they break through? I will do my best to defend this class if they do, but there is only so much I can attack at once. They could slip by me...."

{Outside the class of horrors}

Cadolbolg took this chance to attack more of the oncoming strikers with shots of lightning from his maw, hoping that there'd be some metal on the equipped men. If there was one thing Cadolbolg did remember as a construct, it was that electricity really hurt when you were made of metal.

Dimension: Unknown

???

A boy around the age of 17 or 18 was running for his life. He had been running away from the men in the grey suits. As he ran down the completely white hallway he could hear the walls whisper to him "Incompetent... Disgrace... Failure..." He was scared, tired, and lonely. He then rounded a corner to see two men in grey standing there. Their blank soulless stares scaring him even more. The boy then charged at them and tackled one to the ground. Grabbing him by the head and then twisting as hard as he could hearing a satisfying 'POP' as the mans neck snapped. He turned around only to see the man life the butt of his gun and hit him squarely in the head....

Just outside the school
Shadow

Shadow sat upwards with a start. He swore as he realized he was not wearing his regular outfit. he appeared to be wearing a Orange hoodie. His hood pulled over his head, and he was wearing jeans.

Lucky for him his hood covered most of his head and what it didnt cover it shrouded the rest in shadow.

He slowly rose up to see that Taytum was lying on the ground several feet away dressed in a school uniform. Thats when he realized something...

He looked down at his hands to see that they look... younger?

Shadow had no clue what was going on, but he was going to find out soon enough. He assumed that one of the crew members of the Rising Dawn were somewhere around here, and that they could help him understand what was going on.

That was when Shadow shook Taytum to wake her and and then helped her to her feet. "Master where are we?" She asked as Shadow looked at his surroundings.

He noted that he was literally on school grounds, before turning around and replying "I don't know...."

Slindis turned to those there. "No matter our choice, we won't be figuring out anything by just standing around in here. It is possible that it could be a female, but we need to keep out minds open. Just don't do anything drastic without communicating with the others - a false move will tip him off. If he cares more about the communications, the creative center has to be a student." With that, she opened the door and led the others outside.

When they got out, she looked over to Rugal. "I know this sounds insane, but there's not much we can do but work through it. If it helps you, you at least have allies that aren't looking for a moment of weakness now."

As Devon walked out with Ella, he turned to Teri. "Just curious, do you know any way to make some communication path between me and Ella here? I know she'll be joining me with Ton-Ton and Cadolbolg, but it would help if we could talk more."

Melethia fired around Cadolbolg, spreading much discord in the ranks from David's second sonic blast and the others dropping around them. Thanks to her moving between two vents, it kept the strikers from pinpointing her exact position.

Rugal

Rugal smirked slightly at Slindis's comment, recalling the days when his allies would shank him to death at any given moment.
"Still...At least then all I had to worry about then was myself..." He said afterwards, shooting a quick smile at the drow.
He then turned to Teri and Devon and said "You two get back to Class, the target might be a student so keep an eye out. We'll check out the staff. Everyone report anything you find." He said to the others, trying to think if he saw anything that might have been this Source of Creativity.

David

"Back-up Plan!? This IS the back-up plan! You expected me to be prepared for this!?" David shouted over the sonic blasts as he did his best to stop them from entering.
"Here, take my gun. I got these new ones." He then said before giving Ton Ton his fabled M500, something that would be extremely out of character for the sniper.

The poor saps with guns were affected the most by Cadolbolg's lighting while Melethia's attacks managed to get several that were trying to flee.
It was then that they saw a few more with thicker body armor and what appeared to be Stun Rods.

All the gunfire and Sonic Booms could be heard by Shadow, someone was having fun...

Jenny

All the while, Jenny watched as Kura attempted to make her contraption work, nodding off slightly in the process.
"Kura, is it done yet?..." she yawned, wondering what the others were doing.

Shadow

Shadow smiled as he began walking towards the sound of gunfire. That was when he realized he was missing something...

"MY GUN!!!" Shadow shouted as he looked around for a second. After a few seconds of searching he saw it on the ground..

His beloved 50 cal Beretta Explosive Tip sniper rifle. He quickly picked it up and strapped it around his back as he told Taytum to transform into gun mode. He quickly grabbed her and headed towards the sounds of battle.

30 seconds later

Shadow rounded a corner to see multiple people fighting including his favorite crazed gunman (as he liked to call him).

He quickly pulled out his sniper and made a couple of the enemies heads explode as he shot them.

Transiting OUT of The Headmaster's Office and To A Hallway: Angelus | Caim | Devon | Ella | Rugal | Slindis | Teri

As Devon walked out with Ella, he turned to Teri. "Just curious, do you know any way to make some communication path between me and Ella here? I know she'll be joining me with Ton-Ton and Cadolbolg, but it would help if we could talk more."

Giving a wave to the adults as the teachers left, Teri looked to her amulet for a moment, and said, "Right at the moment, I can think of two different things. One, I need to remember how my DM homebrewed a pair of trinkets just like that or ask Luci how he made this one... When should I ask him, I wonder.... If he's with the Boss at the moment, then I wouldn't want to interrupt that... And which class do we have again, Devon? I got so caught up in all this stuff, I completely forgot..."

In the meantime, the teachers walked along the way, and a loud gurgle was heard among them. Having fought many forms of creatures, the group was on edge.... till they realized the noise was coming from Caim's stomach. With a laugh, Angelus spoke up, "Caim's stomach brings up a good point. There's no use sitting around wondering while we're hungry. Shall we?"

Ton Ton looked at the weapon with confusion, or at least, as best a blank faced creature as a Tonberry could manage looking confused, and shouted, "I appreciate the offer, sir, but I don't know how to use this thing! I don't want to hurt anyone by misfiring!"

"JUST POINT IT AND SHOOT AT SOMEONE'S WHO NOT US!"

"Uh.... Okay?!"

And so the Tonberry found himself pointing the, to his small stature, what equated to a cannon at the door, and readied a shot at the door, shooting a hole in it in the process; as well as making him nearly drop it due to the kickback. The Tonberry was very terrified at firing again, as he did not feel the same level of control over this weapon as he did his usual arsenal.

"What did he just hand me?!"

Cadolbolg, on the other hand, dropped down from the vent, and decided to draw fire away from the trap master via flying in the air and shooting fire at the troops in the thicker body armor. Hopefully, his flames would melt whatever material the stuff was made of. At least, that's what Dragon fire did, right? Or was that just because of his Mother being as fully grown as she was?

Rugal, Slindis, Caim, ANgelus

Rugal smirked slightly at Slindis's comment, recalling the days when his allies would shank him to death at any given moment.
"Still...At least then all I had to worry about then was myself..." He said afterwards, shooting a quick smile at the drow.
He then turned to Teri and Devon and said "You two get back to Class, the target might be a student so keep an eye out. We'll check out the staff. Everyone report anything you find." He said to the others, trying to think if he saw anything that might have been this Source of Creativity.

Slindis noted Caim's hunger and nodded in agreement. "We should all get something to eat, that much is true. Unfortunately, it seems that first year teachers have to eat with the rest of the students, so we won't likely get any peace. Still, if we want to get there before it gets too packed, we should go now." To be honest, she'd needed some food as well. She just wasn't about to point it out to everyone else.

Melethia, Cadolbolg, Shadow

Her next arrows nearly missed Shadow as she aimed for the small gaps in the body armor that she could find, although her attacks weren't quite as effective due to having to take a bit more time loosing the arrows. They still felt the burn from the Holy on the arrows and the unusually sharp nature of the arrows, though, and that was almost worse than the arrows themselves.

Doing good out there, Turtleback. We'll draw out the guy leading them in no time, and then we can gut him.

Devon, Teri, Ella

Devon thought about for it for a moment, finally coming to a conclusion. "I do have one idea... What about using the Message spell over some necklaces or rings? In any case, our next class is... home and careers? Really? I think I'll head to Applied Food and Nutrition instead. What about you? I know me and Ella need a bite to eat."

Shadow, Melethia, Cadolbolg

Shadow was nearly hit by the incoming arrows and that alone was enough to piss him off.

"HEY FUCKTARDS! IM ON YOUR SIDE!" he shouted as he took cover to dodge some bullets heading his way.

He then leaned back out of cover, and shot a few more rounds before retreating a bit to where he could try to take cover from everyone.

Rugal

"I'll pass. I've heard too many jokes about how bad the food in High Schools are to be on the receiving end of the punchline." Rugal said to the others as they went down to the canteen.
Sticking by those words, he elected to have another glass of water instead.

David

Without taking his aim off the door for a second, David pulled Ton Ton off the ground by his hood and planted him back behind cover.
He then picked up the gun, shoved it back in his hands and gave him a pat on the head, all without having his eye's stray from the doorway.

Gangland Goons

The re-enforcements would need some re-enforcements as the combined effort of Melethia, Cadolobolg and Shadow managed to decimate their numbers, leaving the hallway a massive bloody mess.
It was only supposed to be a 3 hour mission, a 3 hour mission!
It would seem that they won...

Angelus | Caim | Rugal | Slindis

Caim shrugged at the sentiment as they walked along, his nonchalance showing through, even in his computerized 'voice', "Can't be much worse than what we were served in the barracks."

Angleus gave one of her trademark "Hmphs!" and shook her head, "Perhaps it will actually be cooked thoroughly this time around, instead of raw hunks of meat that your bodies could not handle..."

Without meaning to, the dragon turned human could already feel hunger churning in her stomach as well, and licked her lips in anticipation of something, anything to feast upon. To an ongoing looker, it certainly wasn't a human way to express ones' self.

Devon | Ella | Teri

Teri looked hesitant to follow Devon, seeing as her father had specifically told her to go the class, as well as the mission of finding Mark's Creative Center or whatever it was. With a small shake of her head, she pointed towards the class' direction, or at least what she thought was the direction of the class,

"I can eat later. Right now, I'm looking for the you-know-what in the classes. You go on ahead if you want, but I can poof myself something if I get that hungry. Later!"

And with that, she began to make her way to class, Devon and Ella following behind out of a want to watch their friend's back.

Ton Ton | David

When David put the gun back in Ton Ton's hands, the little creature felt very sheepish, and called out, "Sorry! I've never used this kind of weapon before... Perhaps when this is over, I can get proper instruction from you, should this come up again! Now, where should I position myself with it? Maybe over... Here!"

Leaping up on a desk with the Revolver in tow, Ton Ton found that his ability to aim higher was a lot easier when he had a similar height to the enemies he was combating....

Cadolbolg | Melethia | Shadow

"Thank you, Friend Melethia! Now, should I hide in the vent again, or would staying out here work better for our strategy?"

Looking back to Shadow, Ton Ton tilted his head in interest, "I think I have seen you before with my Mother and Father.... Who are you, Acquaintance....?"

Aftan | C.C. | Cadolbolg | David | Devon | Ella | Kalastryn | Kenneth | Lucieon | Lucretia | Matt | Maya | Melethia | Miku | Puce | Sadei | Sean | Teri | Ton Ton

It was an unconscious movement. His arms fell around C.C.'s waist as she took the shrapnel to her back and caught her before she hit the ground. His hands, still lukewarm with the essence of humanity splashed into the warmth of her blood, cooling in the air and in her clothes. Lucieon was shocked, almost unable to think. The attack was so sudden and the deafening explosions of the rifles hurt his ears and mind. He was unaccustomed to such means of warfare, they were very different from the sword and sorcery he experienced in his homeland. Unable to think, he tugged C.C. with him onto the floor, away from the men flinging death from rifles. The rest of the group took to the fight valiantly, raising weapons of their own and striking out at the enemies with great fervor and emotion.

Yer Lucieon could not find it in his heart to stand up and fight. He held C.C. in his hands and watched the blood flow from her wounds. Years of contemporary medical knowledge failed him, all of his expertise seemed to have been swallowed by the excitement in the air. He whispered again, "Are you okay?" but this time did not wait for the answer. His hands fell upon her clothes and tore open the bloodstained circles, exposing the shrapnel wounds to the open air. He closed his eyes and ran a finger over her skin to check for metal debris. A short gasp escaped C.C. when his fingers drew blood from some of the fresh cuts. "No, you are not okay. Not this time."

He pulled out his sorcerer's catalyst and pressed it lightly against C.C.'s skin. "Remedy," a soft blue glow spread across the wounds and stopped the bleeding. It did not coagulate the blood, nor did it heal the wound. It only cured the symptoms of the injury. They pain, the muscle tension, and the bleeding. It would have to do until she got proper medical attention and could have the shrapnel removed. If she was a firekeeper, it would have been easy to remedy her with his Estus Flask, with its beautiful golden substance that pulled the power directly from a bonfire's many burning souls. But if she were not a firekeeper and merely a pyromancer, the effect would turn her undead, like him. Forever bound to wander the earth collecting humanity so that they would not become insane.

He placed both hands on C.C.'s head and pulled her close to him, hiding her body under his own. Her warmth was still soft and warm even in the chaos flying around them. He had to protect this one. He was afraid of this one, yet he felt so compelled to hold her close so that no further harm could come.

Caim shrugged at the sentiment as they walked along, his nonchalance showing through, even in his computerized 'voice', "Can't be much worse than what we were served in the barracks."

You shouldn't have said that, Caim...

The food being served that day was much less impressive than expected, to say the least. It was the perfect dieting food, though, since with how it tasted, nobody would ever holding it down. "Do you have something that's actually palatable? Edible? Consumable by anything?"

She doubted that even her fortitude could handle such an appalling meal, and from the horrid smell, she doubted it was very healthy.

Devon | Ella | Teri

Devon saw the last of the first wave of attacks, although he heard the plodding of steps down the hallway. It wasn't quite clear what had happened, but after he asked Cadolbolg, he drew his shortsword for the defense. He also thought of ways to misdirect what was coming as well, eventually settling on one fairly good option.

Ella brought her Kamas forth from the Weapon wheel and began flying to back up Devon in the attack.

Cadolbolg | Melethia | Shadow

Melethia called to Cadolbolg. "When the boss comes, we strike. Aim for the joints: that should slow him down a lot.

One glance at the "Food" and Rugal felt he made the right choice, the sound of him sipping through a straw providing ambient noise at they literally picked their poison.
"As a man who has actually eaten out of a dumpster once...This looks awfully familiar..." He quipped as he went looking for a vending machine, taking his chances there after then this deep fried excuse.

Gangland Mooks

The steps got closer and closer as the ringleader for this attack showed himself, a mountain of yellow flesh turning the corner holding several disposable RPG-7s.
"You. Pay. Now. Bitch!" He shouted as he attempted to go though the others to reach their Janitor of a teacher.

David

David meanwhile peeked through the doorframe and saw the hulking beast.
"...I hate this school..." He sighed as he went to see if he had anymore of those Sonic Boom Vials left.

Unfortunately, the school had removed their vending machines years ago to promote healthier eating. Not that their food was much better... Rugal could see Slindis eating some jerky at one of the tables and taking a swig from that waterskin she'd used when they were tracking down the flower.

"There's no way those kids are fed right..."

Gangland Mooks

When Devon saw the overwhelming man, he instantly chanted a spell. "You think we would come alone? You are mistaken, you overgrown ape.

After he finished his statement, there was a fog that filled the area that quickly dissipated as a very unsettling noise filled the area.

Devon casts Major Image! Perhaps due to the nature of the image, it requires a saving throw of 19 (10 base, 3 from the spell level, 6 from the charisma modifier {23, or +6})

30 seconds until the next level 3 spell.

David

There was one of the vials left, but there was now the big issue of Teri, Ella, and Devon being in the firing range at this point.

Shadow

"I LOVE THIS SCHOOL!" Shadow shouted as he made more heads pop as he unloaded more rounds. Then he realized something....

He was out of ammo for his favorite gun.

Shadow sighed as he held Taytum in his palms. "Taytum transform" he commanded as he charged with a kick ass sword in his hand.

'Slice, slash, slice' Shadow thought as he gleefully cut down anything in his path. He then ran past a few guards an sliced the back of the giants knee hoping to slow him down. He then backed off as he took a couple bullets in the arm.

"Is anyone else having as much fun as I am?!?!" Shadow yelled out as he decapitated another human.

Gangland Elite Mook

The Giant was unfazed by the sudden increase in their numbers, he'd ate babies before and this time they would be cooked.
He brought out on of his several RPGs and pointed it at the vision of babies, though the explosion would most likely still do a lot of damage.
Before he could that however, Shadow managed to throw off his aim by cutting his knee.
He didn't like that in the slightest as he shouted "Oh, I'M GOING TO FLOSS MY TEETH WITH YOUR SPINE!" before attempting to aim at Shadow, the constant babies throwing him off.

Shadow

Shadow was having a hard time comprehending what was happening. Everything was much bigger... but yet when he sliced at them they still died just as easy.

Well that was until he happened to run back into the same giant who he slashed and didnt do that much. "Oh shit..." was all that Shadow muttered as he was sent flying through the air from a kick to the chest.

Shadow quickly got trying to quickly get out of whatever was making him see things.

Gangland Elite Mook

The babies were hit by the blast, but they pooled and reformed into much larger ones that were slightly taller. In addition, when they grinned, they had very toothy jaws.

A quick message over the rings informed those that had them that this was an illusion, but to those that didn't know, they were very believable.

Heck, to those that were still in the know, it was hard to believe this was a illusion.

I think this is the last post for the night for me. I'll still be lurking, though.

While the giant was distracted something massive punched him straight through several walls. Standing where the giant was what looked like a clone of the Hulk that Ken created using a sun. Inside the copy of the Hulk was Ken himself as he controlled it. "I've been looking for a reason to test this," Ken said with a smirk.

Shadow

Shadow was so confused....

Not only was there a sea of baby things that just seemed to get bigger? Shadow also saw a huge giant possibly even bigger punch the other through a wall...

This was turning out to be strange day...

He just slowly turned a corner and then he let Taytum transform back into human form. Finally he just slumped down the wall to take a breather before Taytum sat down next to him.

Shadow then drifted off into sleep.

The building was cheap and falling apart. The sign had long worn off and not many people knew of its existence, even less people ever went in. It was cold inside - the only heat came from a fireplace in the corner, the roof leaked and a draught always managed to get in, no matter how many times cracks in the walls were patched up.
Inside, Michael Woodhouse sat slumped back in his chair, the brim of his dark brown fedora over his eyes blocking the incessant yellow glow of the street lamp directly outside the window. The fire had died down to glowing orange embers, smoke slowly rising and floating up the chimney. His coffee had long ago gone cold.
"No business today?"
Detective Woodhouse woke with a start, tipping his coffee over his desk and sending his hat toppling to the floor.
Sean Hammond was hanging his coat up on the rack, a parcel tucked under his arm. Sean was six foot one, a full four inches shorter than Mike. He had dirty blonde hair and blue eyes. A scar ran down the side of his face, starting just below his left eye and curving down to his jaw.
"Uh," he said, still groggy. "No ... not that I'm aware of."
He got up and went to the kitchen to get some paper towels. "What's in the box?"
"Turnips. Billy says these are pretty good ones."
Mike returned to his desk and started mopping up the coffee, getting down on one knee to get the liquid on the ground. He dropped the brown towel into the bin beside his desk and got back in his chair. His back was stiff and sore from sitting there for too long. How long had it been, anyway? He remembered light coming in through the window when he'd dozed off.
"What time is it?" he called out, not knowing where Sean had gotten off to. He fished around in his overcoat until he found his box of cigarettes and lighter, fishing them out of his pocket and putting one between his lips. The metallic clink of the lighter was always a satisfying sound to him.
"Half past one."
He stopped, glanced outside at the darkness and back towards Sean's voice. He must've been out for a while. The young man held the flame to the cigarette and puffed before clinking the lighter away again.
Feeling hungry and having not eaten in more than ten hours, he went into the kitchen and opened the fridge - pickles and salami, a bit of questionable cheese and what was probably once coleslaw. Chinese it was, then.
He closed the fridge and headed for the phone.

Gangland Elite Mook

The Hulking Monster glared at his sunny doppelganger though the sea of freaky ass babies before engaging the beast, the pair of them getting into a grapple hold which each man trying to overpower the other.
As he was doing this, he was wide open to any other possible attacks.

While the giant probably thought grappling was a good idea, he didn't know that Ken could change things on the fly. Suddenly large spikes rushed out the Hulk clone looking to impale him.

IGNORE ME!

Gangland Elite Mook

"Everyone, act like you can't see it."

As the hulk grappled, he noticed that the overly large infants looked exactly like ones he'd killed before. The effect would be rather unnerving, and the headbutting passing through the head only invoked the images that these infants were from beyond the grave. Combined with the unsettling, deathly chill that seemed to only affect him with eyes that seemed to show the brute that he was going straight to hell... The fact that he seemed to be the only one to see or hear them only solidified the point.

Of course, it didn't help that Mel chose that moment to drop down and plunge her blades into one of the open areas of the man's flesh. She also saw her sister finishing up her touches for a spell.

Gangland Elite Mook

Even though Devon had told them (via the rings) that the illusion of the Grotesqueries was, you know, an illusion, it didn't stop the hairs from standing up on the back of her neck.

"Man, seeing these guys in the flesh is a lot creepier than dealing with them in the game!"

Still, she pulled her divine foci out from her pocket (Her cross necklace and Sadei) and began chanting up a spell, thinking of a new friend to add to her array of ice constructs, a crocodile.

Teri casts Conjure Ice Beast 2, calling up a crocodile made of magical ice! It will last for 7 rounds (42 seconds) or until it is destroyed!

24 seconds until then next 2nd Level spell can be cast.

After summoning Hook, Teri pointed at the hulking giant and commanded it in Aquan: "Attack the yellow guy!" ,making the icy crocodile charge into the fray, and bring it's jaws upon the hulking man's skin after Melethia made her cut. Ice seeped into the wound that was made, and it hurt even moreso than a normal bite.

Cadolbolg took this chance to shoot more lightning at the big guy, considering that a creature of ice just crossed his path, and he didn't want to melt it by accident. Even as he did so, he couldn't help but be a little confused by the floating infants, even if it was Friend Devon's spell. But, magic was weird like that, wasn't it?

As for Ton Ton, he could see a bit out of the door, and could see a large man being attacked by a fiery being and.... Babies? Lots of babies.... Well, with the message that circulated to the ring bearers, Ton Ton knew to aim for the yellow man, and try his best to hit. Here's hoping! Aiming the gun as best he could, Ton Ton fired a shot and silently hoped that it hit the mark, especially with the vibrations that thing was prone to making.

Cafeteria

"I stand mistaken..."

Caim grimaced at the food brought to him, and pushed the tray to Angelus, who shrugged and said, "I've had worse carrion. Certainly didn't smell as bad..."

Taking the strange hunk of meat, Angelus swallowed the meal in two bites, not really caring to chew in the process. Caim could only watch with amazement as the dragon in disguise was able to eat, swallow and hold down the meal without retching at all. She did make a sour face, and spoke, "Unlike some carrion, that actually harbored a taste... Not to mention the texture was awful."

Caim snorted at the dragon's observations, and resigned himself to going hungry for a little while; sipping water to help satiate himself as his stomach continued it's cries. Not eating was something he had to deal with while being on the run from the Empire, going for days long marches to Gods knows where. The Rising Dawn's nearly constant food supply was certainly a kind luxury he missed.

Gangland Elite Mook

First, His focus was put off by the seemingly demonic visions he was receiving.

Second, Melethia was about to nail him in the back with her blade.

Third, Huge Spikes seemingly came from nowhere and impaled his guts as he wrestled with the other hulking being.

Fourth, He was lit up like a christmas tree by Cadolbolg's lighting attack

Fifth, He was shot in though the arm and in his ribs by Ton Ton, off target, but it still hit at the end of the day, a lot better than what he was expecting.

Finally, as if he didn't suffer enough, he was mauled by a giant crocodile made of ice.
He struggled with the beast for a while but at the end of the day, he wasn't living though that and soon Hook was nomming on his skull.

It would seem that their Janitor of a Teacher didn't owe anyone any money now...

David

"...Right...Now before I relax, is there anything else?....Some fucking demonic twat?...Anything?.....No?.....Fucking better be..." David said, clearly not amused by the sudden attack as he sat down in the middle of the bloody hallway.
"...I repeat...I hate this school..."

Rugal

"Well...So much for lunch then..." Rugal mused as they enjoyed their drinks after Angelus "Enjoyed" her food.
"Still, no need to worry too much. I mean, nothing in this school is actually real, is it?"

While the Hulk clone disappeared around Ken, he was not done with the giant. Covering a hand in flames, he plunged it into the giant's chest and ripped out the heart. Kali ma...Kali ma...Kali ma," Ken chanted as the heart burst into fire. When it was all done he walked back to his seat and sat down.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 . . . 873 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here