Shadowrun: Death Valley (Open- signup)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

This is actually the first time I've played an Elf. In anything, really.
Weird.

It was just an offhand comment. No worries.

Same here. Don't worry, MortifiedPenguin is busy writing up a Human, so I hear.

You know what? Nobody's played a Dwarf yet. Not in this and not in Limit. I think we've had representations from every other metatype but Dwarves.

Birdfalcon:
Yeah I figured as much the rifle, shotgun and body armor he would only really use when A tatical Miltary style strike is called for. He's Ex-lonestar and uses his old contacts to get jobs. for patrols he would rely more on his pistol maybe 5 flashbangs and his adept/martial arts skils. So that being said, am I approved?

You are approved. I'm just saying that characters are not limited to their starting equipment.
Your post formatting is wonky. Do you want any help with the tags?

Ryans Solution:

Is this okay? I would appreciate feedback.

Edited, Thrice

And feedback you will get. :D
I like it. I like his backstory. The team will surely find him valuable.
My first thought when reading 'Technomancer Spider' was a guy with literal robotic spider legs that he wears.

FalloutJack:

Let's see if this works for you.

Ho boy. This is something else. I like his personality. A couple of things I noticed:

- Your magic is area effect. If the Bogies are fighting someone and you cast lighting, how will you not catch your own beasts in the blast? And the Stink spell seems counterproductive. Aren't canines supposed to have a sense of smell that far surpasses a human's? Like a hundred thousand times as sensitive?
That said, I still want to see where you'd go with this. Who knows when the team may need a beast master.

Asclepion:
Magic!

I can explain! Well, I think I can explain. Here goes.

As I understand it, AOE spells in games come in two variations: The kind that blast outward from the user - not harming the user - and the kind that you establish at an area by cast to a target or bind to an area, like throwing a grenade only it's magic. Shadowrun is the latter. It does not have to be the target area that allies of any sort are in. It's just that I target X amount of space to be affected by thus, be it bound to an area or focused on a central target.

That said, the reasons I chose Mana Storm and Stink, which frankly I lifted from the Sega Genesis game (Yeah, I played the video games.), are as follows.

I chose Stink because it is {A} funny, {B} highly distracting, and {C} not even deadly if I need that sort of thing. Because I can aim where the blast goes, I don't have to do harm to my doggy chums and it would even stave off other animals if I'm feeling less inclined by my nature to kill. Remember, Jonesy's gone far into his Shamanism. There are times when he doesn't want to kill. Besides, it was a good trainer FOR Bogie Obediance School.

I chose Mana Storm because it's effective as trump card in magic. It is loud, harmful, flashy, and doesn't require you to have to put out fires like with a Hellblast. In fact, Mana-related spells seem to drain a bit less than fiery ones if I recall right. Obviously, if my Bogies are in the middle of a fray and I want to cast into battle, I'll either use single-target spells or tell them to move first. Give the man some credit.

Sorry that my sheet is taking a while, but I had no idea how much lore I would have to go through just to feel comfortable about creating a character.

MortifiedPenguin:
Sorry that my sheet is taking a while, but I had no idea how much lore I would have to go through just to feel comfortable about creating a character.

Welcome to Shadowrun; now with 150% more lore ^_^

Asclepion:
My first thought when reading 'Technomancer Spider' was a guy with literal robotic spider legs that he wears.

And now I want that... damn

FalloutJack:
Magic!

Very well. Good luck!

Terratina.:

And it's not Charlie, surprisingly. Comments and criticism welcome.

This is a great character. He sounds like a blast to be around.
Approved!

hiei82:

MortifiedPenguin:

Welcome to Shadowrun; now with 150% more lore ^_^

I'm still learning myself. Don't worry about commiting everything to memory. A lot will be picked up through play. Do you have a concept?

Ryans Solution:
And now I want that... damn
Also, edits to my sheet have been made.

Yes, I see you've added augmentations.

---
Thanks to everyone. I'm writing the opening volley, but I don't have strict deadline. Get those sheets in!

Captcha: Is it plugged in?
Yes, everything is plugged right in.

Asclepion:
snip

Yeah, I had a good time searching for, reading, and promptly losing my copy of augmentation, unwired, and every other shadowrun book I know I have lying around.

Asclepion:
snip

Incidentally, as the votes have been 2 for Moonlighter, zip for Archive. I will be running (couldn't resist) with Moonlighter. Just thought I would make it official.

Sorry for the wait hope you like it! Please tell me if there's anything wrong or if I need to edit or something. This was kind of rushed.

Asclepion:
Snip

Sorry, verify please. Does this mean acceptance?

I'd be interested about joining this, i will be making a sheet later this day.

Oh, Scleppy, would I be cool to add some Vehicle Mods to Jade's T-Bird? Nothing too big of course.

hiei82:
Incidentally, as the votes have been 2 for Moonlighter, zip for Archive. I will be running (couldn't resist) with Moonlighter. Just thought I would make it official.

You underestimate the power of boobs. ^_^

Mr.Ivebeenframed:
Sorry for the wait hope you like it! Please tell me if there's anything wrong or if I need to edit or something. This was kind of rushed.

Approved. Welcome to the party :D

eyesonflux:
I'd be interested about joining this, i will be making a sheet later this day.

Approved as well. He travels very lightly, and stealth-based characters will round out the team.

3quency:
Oh, Scleppy, would I be cool to add some Vehicle Mods to Jade's T-Bird? Nothing too big of course.

What do you have in mind?

Well according to the Arsenal book, it should already be equipped with a Rigger Cocoon and Electronic Countermeasures, so I was hoping to add some programs to make it more efficient and maybe some dummy ID stuff so Lonestar don't realise it's unregistered.

And possibly some guns. I think most of this stuff should be on the wiki but I'm reading it off the sourcebook pdfs.

3quency:
Well according to the Arsenal book, it should already be equipped with a Rigger Cocoon and Electronic Countermeasures, so I was hoping to add some programs to make it more efficient and maybe some dummy ID stuff so Lonestar don't realise it's unregistered.

And possibly some guns. I think most of this stuff should be on the wiki but I'm reading it off the sourcebook pdfs.

Sounds fine.
---
OP is going up. For those who have expressed interest but have yet to submit a sheet, I will still allow sheets to be submitted early in the game. We are happy to help if you need to iron out a character.

le'sweet

I updated my contacts because I feel they will become important later.

I updated my character with fake ID's, because I forgot to add them to the sheet last night.

Fake IDs. Should I...? Probably, I'll re-edit my sheet if it's cool but I have gotten a post up now so I don't want to be retroactively adding gear.

Also I'm going to try and write Jade's posts in present tense, see how that works for a while.

3quency:
snip

Fake ID's help keep Lonestar, mercenaries, and the Corps off your back. Everyone should have atleast one.

Yeah, they usually fall into my "default kit" of stuff I get my Runners.
Which often means I usually forget to write 'em down paradoxically XD

I'm going to assume every Shadowrunner (or at least the ones that aren't incompetent) would have some means of disguising their identity. It's a basic item.

That said, I was writing this as if they would already have expected you there. You guys can just walk in.

Well anybody posting after me can assume Jade's parking the bike outside. It just made narrative sense (in my own, demented mind) to end there.

And here it finally is. Comments and critism welcome.

Asclepion:
snip

Moonlighter is contacting Magpie to make sure he hasn't heard of any traps through the grape vine. I'm assuming he has not (whether that's because there is no trap or the Yak's are good at covering it up for debate)

If there is a problem with this, let me know.

Just wanted to ask before I worked out a sheet, is there room for one more, probably an Elven Adapt Warrior?

Failing that, maybe a Street Samurai Sniper with some hacking skills...

Ultraman950:

Failing that, maybe a Street Samurai Sniper with some hacking skills...

MortifedPenguin has already submitted a sniper btw.

@Asclepion: I'm assuming you are handling NPCs and Contacts and the like.

Ah. Likely the Warrior Adept, then.

MortifiedPenguin:

And here it finally is. Comments and critism welcome.

A worthy submission. Approved :D

Actually, nevermind. I think I have too much going on. Sorry.

Asclepion:
-Snip-

Nice, when can I expect to enter the game thread?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked