Gato Community College. (game thread)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 NEXT

"Aye, been catching up on the Iron-Blooded Orphans line." Replied Sierra with a wave whilst handling a pair of pliers. "The one I'm working on right now is Flauros." She added, directing the Angel's attention towards a partly completed weapon of some description and a mecha body coloured in a bright pink and white design. Daniel had no idea of what she meant by 'Iron-Blooded Orphans' though.

"I've got one other completed, Astaroth, but, that one is special." Sierra said, then paused momentarily.

"Case you are wondering why your ... 'old friends' names are coming up, they named all of the actual Gundam after the now mostly dead, Demons who's names are found on the Lesser Key of Solomon. There's an important plot-related reason for it though, but I'll spare you the details, least I chew your ear off for the next hour or so with Gundam trivia." She then added with a little smirk at the end.

Ah, Gundam, so Iron-Blooded Orphans must be the name of a series within that anime. I thought the designs looked like something from out of that show.

"So, what brings you 'round here today? Making sure Seth isn't up to something, which, he probably is, let just be honest about that, or just checking up on things. Or did you get the same gut feeling me and Dad got about 'something happening'?"

"More so the latter than the former Sierra; got a sense of something approaching the college on my way here, can't quite get a fix on it, though. That and well, me and Regalia have history, a history that might cause them to retreat if they saw me coming. And you don't need to remind me of the Lesser Key, I was the one who comprised the volumes for the Angels back in the day.

Though for some, it was more like a demonic version of the Deck of 52 used by the United States back in 2003. From King Bael all the way down to Count Andromalius. Not surprised though that Japan has used such names in their anime; after all, Evangelion did the same thing with Angels and other divine beings."

William

William moved up after Mira gave the all clear signal. Seeing her handy work as he felt his stomach turn from the one corpse with his head smashed. Though he just looked away and gave a small nod at Mira. "Good job.." he kept quiet. He wonders if he should turn into his gun form now so one of the others could use him if need be. "Should I go gun form now? or wait?"

Tomas

Tomas follows with the rest of the group. Wondering if they anyone will need to be flown to the roof of the building. Keep up with the others as the small group converse towards Mira's opening. Looking over to the two guards that had the poor luck of running into Mira.

"Are we splitting up or all continuing inside?"

Assault Team

with the way in secured, Victor gave the order for every one to go in, and that they'd secure each floor before moving on. Sol, was given the task of guiding letting them know where each hostile was and guiding them to the target.

There was this feeling nagging at him though, something was not right, so he added to keep an eye out, and for Sol to keep an ear out for anything strange.

Gato

Sierra smirked "But Eva is horrible and stuff full of characters best tossed feet first into a wood chipper. But yeah, anime like to take liberty's with mythology. Hell, the Mobile Armor from the same season of Gundam as then 'demon lords' are all named for the different choir of Angel, with the first introduced being Hasmmal."

It was just then then heard the sound of gun shoots out side, fallowed by a new, semi artificial sounding voice, coming from Sierra's phone. "Mistress Valentine, I have been monitoring Gungnir's communications as you requested. It seems a patrol has come under attack. Likely this Regalia group. Force size unknown."

Sierra started packing away the incomplete model into it's box. "Where they attacking from?" the voice was quiet a moment. "The South, and new report says West as well." The voice replied. "Good job Jordis, keep me posted." she said as she slipped a pair of bracelets on and the HUD from the enchantments she used to control her Gunpla appeared around her. "Guess your gonna get to see what makes Astaroth 'special'." Sierra said as she went through a start up phase. "I'm going to go after the ones coming from the West, so I'll leave the South to you." she added.

Solomon Thorn

Sol made sure to check twice every time they made it to another room, it was his responsibility to make sure this went smoothly. And he was sure it'd be fine, they would make their way through the first and second floor with little issue. The third floor was the one that would be tricky, not because there were a lot of people there -there were only 4 individuals- but because that was where the target was. Sending everyone in would be a bad idea, that much he could tell.

"I'm gonna have you split up somewhat."

So, how many goes where?

Ideally, he could send everyone in to clear each their floors, but that was risky too.

Hm, how many do I want to send after the target, though?

One person would be enough if they were stealthy enough, and that meant Juliet---

His mind suddenly stopped and he told the others to standby as he heard some radio crackle and looked up. He'd not noticed that the radio in the room was turned on -a stupid oversight- and as he reached to turn it off, he heard they mention the school. An attack at the school? Now? Was that some sort of coincidence? Or...

No, it had to be a coincidence. Still, the school was being attacked. That meant, well, people were in danger. Luke was in danger. He sighed, calming himself, though, what would he tell the others?

I can't tell them about the school, it could distract them.

Which meant he had to lie. Or just not give any details, they didn't know he had heard anything at all. Noticing that they'd already moved on, had they been forced to? No, he hadn't heard anything through the communicator, nothing that seemed like distress anyhow. They had probably consulted Vik then, which was fine, he supposed. He had given been giving Vik an overlay of the location of people when he had first arrived, and it seemed it had gone well. Still, when he said standby, he'd meant... well, it didn't matter now.

Who's the one at the risk of getting distracted, huh.

He decided not to address it, they needed to keep going.

"Okay, I'm back. Anyhow, I'm thinking we're far enough in for us to split up. I want Juliet and Will to go for the third floor, and then I want Tomas and Mira to clear out the fourth floor. I'll guide both of you. After the target has been secured, I'll call for pick up to come get him, and then we'll take it from there." He looked at the other radio. It was quiet now, but he was sort of scared, what if he heard something from it? What if he heard the words "mission complete" or "the location has been silenced" or whatever jargon they'd use to say everyone was dead?

Sol, that's not going to happen. Just get this thing done with, as safely as quickly as possible, and then you can go protect your boyfriend. Stop. Getting. Distracted.

"But Eva is horrible and stuff full of characters best tossed feet first into a wood chipper. But yeah, anime like to take liberties with mythology. Hell, the Mobile Armor from the same season of Gundam as then 'demon lords' are all named for the different choir of Angel, with the first introduced being Hashmal." Sierra said with a slight smirk.

"Ah yes, the Hashmal, the living energy," Daniel remarked, he was about to continue on, before the sound of gunshots interrupted his train of thought, followed by an artificial sounding voice coming from Sierra's phone. From what he assumed, it was some kind of artificial intelligence that Sierra had created, and was keeping tabs of Gungir's communications, and it had picked up word of a patrol being under attack, possibly Regalia.

Sierra then put on a pair of bracelets and a visor of some kind, and judging from how her mechs reacted when she put them on, it was some sort of control apparatus. "Guess you're gonna get to see what makes Astaroth 'special'."

"I'm going to go after the ones coming from the West, so I'll leave the South to you."

"Right, whilst you're off doing that voodoo, that you do, so well; I'll inform the others that are still here at Gato about the situation whilst I'm on en route. Good luck." With that, Daniel headed out of the common room and towards the South end of the College, headings towards where he saw Yvette last. Along the way, he sent a message to both Seth and Karis:

"Don't know if you two are aware, but we got visitors inbound, and not the nice kind either."

"Good job...Should I go gun form now? or wait?"

"Well...i'd say wait for now. We've got enough of us right now to deal with things quickly so using up your energy in gun form would be a waste right now. It's probably best if we save that for if things get bad." Mira said before they moved onwards. Of course, there was just one problem with that...

Mira stopped, confused at that. She knew spliting up and taking it from the top and bottem were a part of one of the plans, but she thought that they had discarded it beforehand. Now, people were bringing it back up and she was unsure of how to respond. Neither did anybody else it seemed because they moved on, taking care of the rest of the first floor before Sol answered, "I'm gonna have you split up somewhat."

She guessed he was weighing their options and had come up with something or spotted something that requied them to split up. She wondered what it was...until she realized that Sol wasn't continuing. After a couple of tries to contact him again, Viktor had decided to move the team up and take out the second floor so as to get closer and check on him, taking out the enemies there as they went. After they cleared it, Sol suddenly popped back on the radio, saying, "Okay, I'm back. Anyhow, I'm thinking we're far enough in for us to split up. I want Juliet and Will to go for the third floor, and then I want Tomas and Mira to clear out the fourth floor. I'll guide both of you. After the target has been secured, I'll call for pick up to come get him, and then we'll take it from there."

She wondered at what had taken him so long to respond...then again, it had only been, like, a couple of minutes or so so maybe she was just over-exaggerating the length. Either way, there was a slight change in the plan now and they would have to adapt quickly. Still, the sudden rush to clear two floors gave her cause for concern...why were they rushing now? Was the target in trouble...or was it something else? She wouldn't get the answer now but that didn't stop her from thinking about it.

Bidding the others adu, she and Tomas started moving up to the fourth floor. Along the way Mira quietly, yet offhandedly mentioned, "Have you noticed that we tend to end up working together alot?", before cutting to the chase, turning off the speaker to her mic, and saying, "In all seriousness though, doesn't it seem like we are suddenly rushing this now? Especially since the target is on the third floor?"

As the group split up to pursue their objectives she motioned for Will to follow her.

"Alright, let's get moving and find the target," she said, "and stay close, we want to avoid making too much noise if possible."

She almost wanted to just leave him behind, after all she had far more experience with infiltration than he did. But then they were operating as a team here, and if she wanted to show leadership she needed to stick with the rest of the team. Momentarily she entertained the idea of having him shift into something she could wear, thus removing the danger of him being too noisy, but then she'd have to carry him and she didn't much care for that idea. Besides he'd likely get hot and bothered at the notion. Hopefully things would go smoothly, for now floor three awaited.

William

William nodded at Juliet as he follows close behind her. Trying to keep as quiet as he can. He was going to ask if he should transform into a shield or something but figured if she wanted him to do that, she would have asked already.

So for now, he was just following behind her and keeping an eye on their backs. Having a moment to think he wonder if he was ready to kill another human. The thought didn't really occur to him until today. Killing demons was one thing since he grew up hearing about how bad they were. Though humans were something else. It was his own race and he felt odd about it. Though he knew it must be done to be an end to their terror attacks on innocent non-humans.

Tomas

Tomas almost chuckled at her question. He was going to answer until she asked the serious question. "Hmmm..yes something must have come up. Or Sol wants to make sure the target didn't move to a different floor for some reason." Tomas added his opinion. "Won't know what it is until we get out of here.."

Tomas said following behind her. "Also, I have notice that we do end up working a lot together," he added before going back to being quiet, in case someone else was nearby.

Solomon Thorn

Sol kept an eye on the monitors. He could see that Mira and Tomas were saying something, but they weren't communicating through the radio, so he couldn't hear what. Even so, he contacted them. "Hey, there's a room with a couple of guys nearby so you shouldn't talk, okay? It's to the left in the next hallway. At the end of the long hallway there's another room with five people, one of them looks like a big deal, so be careful with what you do. Though," he scratched his stubbles. "You should be able to take out the two in the nearby room though, just be quiet. I'll let you know if anything changes with the larger group. That's all." He let them handle it as they wanted, and turned his attention to the group retrieving the target.

"You're getting close to the target. There's 3 more people there, they seem to be interacting and... wait, the target just left. He seems to be headed your way, I don't know if this is a coincidence or not, but either way it's a good opportunity to grab him. I'd advice you not to talk unless you have to, you're close enough to the others for there to be a chance of them hearing you guys."

Let's just hope the target knows that as well.

Sol sat at the edge of his seat, he didn't like this much responsibility. Not to mention, he wished he had more people available, if they had, they could've sent the target with one person to the pick-up point, then have the rest deal with the third floor and then aid Mira and Tomas.

Is it time for me to give up this position? But it's very useful to know how they're moving...

He sighed, he'd have to give it some thought.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Alfred Frye

Alfred had been feeling uneasy for a while now, not just because of the waiting. Something was going to happen, or was already happening, he wasn't sure, it just felt as if his instincts were telling him "they're here".

However, now he actually heard someone. He'd kept his ears open for sounds ever since the feeling had started appearing, the wind carrying sounds with it as he scoured part of the third floor. Now it brought steps, steps and hushed whispers. Not that they were particularly noisy, he was impressed with how far they had gotten without making much sounds, but little escaped his senses once they were within his reach. He sighed and stood up. The group he was having a meeting with were arguing, like they always were. Not with yelling and shouting, of course not, they all were "loyal" and for whatever reason that meant they wouldn't raise their voice or be openly disagreeing. But the passive aggressiveness of the group made Alfred shake his head, it would've been funny if he wasn't expected to give his thoughts on it every now and then.

Still, it did give him a pretty good excuse to leave, everyone knew Alfred didn't like it when the situation got like this. Well, they "knew" he didn't like it when people were getting angry, but that was just plan of his guise, in reality he tended to find it a bit amusing.

"Look guys, if you're going to be like this, then I'm going to go get some air." Nagi looked at him with a tired expression that said "hey, don't leave me with these unreasonable jerks", and Alfred gave him an apologetic smile. He then went outside, shutting the door and sighing to himself.

I'm sorry Nagi.

Alfred made sure that no one else left the room before he started heading in the direction of the "invaders". It didn't take long for him to run into them, and he faked being startled, scared even, though his eyes went to the camera, then to the pair of an odd-looking -did he really have naturally silver hair?- guy and a very beautiful woman. He looked to the camera another time, hoping that they'd get that he was asking if they had control of the security room.

They soon encountered the target, a pale skinned lad with curly brown hair who kept glancing meaningfully at the cameras. She'd already known how young he was but even so she was a little surprised at how boyish he looked, though certainly cute in his own way.

She smiled and nodded "Cameras have been compromised," she said quietly, resisting the urge to tease him or scare him in some way "I hope you're ready to leave."

So far so good, they'd encountered no resistance of note and everyone was remaining professional. Even so she wondered how long it would last, no infiltration was ever without complications at some point. Her money was on Tomas being the one to screw up, he had always seemed a bit too tightly wound for his own good and infiltrating could be stressful in a way few things were; she was well aware of how few were as suited to such stresses as her kind.

"Hmmm..yes something must have come up. Or Sol wants to make sure the target didn't move to a different floor for some reason. Won't know what it is until we get out of here.."

"Yeah...your probably right." she said. Still she wondered if they should be concerned or not. That was interrupted by Sol suddenly jumping on the com, saying, "Hey, there's a room with a couple of guys nearby so you shouldn't talk, okay?" Quickly, she turned her mic back on to say ok...before realizing that that went directly against what he just said, so she just gave a thumbs up to the nearest camera as he continued.

"It's to the left in the next hallway. At the end of the long hallway there's another room with five people, one of them looks like a big deal, so be careful with what you do. Though, You should be able to take out the two in the nearby room though, just be quiet. I'll let you know if anything changes with the larger group. That's all."

Once again, she gave a thumbs up to the camera before motioning for Tomas to follow her. Moving up into the hallway, she moved to the nearest left door and tried to see if they were talking loud enough to allow her to open the door a bit. Alas, they didn't seem to be talking so she would have to rethink the plan. She thought on what little information she knew about those in the room...and after a little consideration, she realized they only really had one option; Rush in, incapacitate them, try to do it stealthily enough to not notify those down the hall, and hope it worked.

Quickly, she signalled the plan to Tomas, trying to indicate that she would go for one and he the other. Adterwards, she counted down with her fingers from three before opening the door as fast as she could and bum-rushing the closest one and punching him in the throat, stopping him from yelling. She then proceeded to put both hands on his head and twist it, breaking his neck.

Tomas

Tomas followed behind Mira as she walked down the hallway. Keeping quiet from now on as the rooms are filled with people. Getting to the one room with only two people. Tomas watched as she signaled him to get ready to attack. He nodded and make sure his claws were out and ready. Mira held up three fingers and Tomas watched as she counted down. When she opened the door, he rushes quickly to his target. The guy let out a gasp before Tomas ram his right hand into his throat. His claws easily tearing into his throat and into his the spinal cord, killing him instantly.

While his left hand quickly grabs the target clothes to hold him up. Just to make sure his body didn't make any noise when it fell. Tomas would then lightly lower the guy down onto the floor and give a thumbs up to Mira.

William

"We should get going before we overstay our welcome." William whisper lightly. Seeing now they got the target and no alarm was rise just yet. William turns his arms into shields, ready in case things turn south real fast. Keeping watch behind them, in case anyone comes across them.

Solomon Thorn

Sol didn't have to instruct anyone at the moment, but that didn't mean he didn't have to look back and forth between the cameras. Not only the ones keeping an eye on the floors his teammates were on, but also the ones on the upper floors, there were still enough people there to be a threat. He caught the wave from the target and was puzzled for a brief moment, wondering if the other was trying to communicate. He quickly realized that it was just a greeting, however, and decided to ignore it. Meanwhile Tomas and Mira advanced to the room with two individuals in and quickly and brutally ended their lives with what felt like an eerie ease.

I wonder if they really understand how frightening that would be to a normal person. Regular humans are weak, we need special weapons and tactics to do something anyone on the team could do with their eyes closed.

He certainly understood why a cult like this could be established.

Of course, that doesn't excuse any of the violence used. Not against innocent targets.

As an independent hunter Sol'd always felt a bit in the middle. He certainly wasn't very extreme in his way of thinking, a monster didn't have to be bad, and those fighting evil certainly had a habit of steeping to the same level themselves. Even he was subject to that, he'd never killed anyone or anything before he became a hunter, yet now his hand was stained with the blood of both humans and others alike. He liked thinking that he was better than just some killer, he took jobs, often from the highest bidder, but he'd never killed anyone he'd consider innocent.

He wondered if the members of his group had the same perspective, or if they really just didn't care. In this case, however, it was difficult sympathising with those who died, they were a terrorist group at the very least, and many of their targets were innocent people. Heck, if Sol hadn't been in charge of the cameras, he'd have been down there with them.

Sol waited for them to finish with what they were doing before he spoke. "The group of five doesn't seem to intend to move. That means you have to be careful with getting close, but, if you take the southern entrance of the room, you should be able to take them by surprise, as they're facing north. So take the door next to the window, throw in one or two of them fancy grenade things, and you should be able to deal with them. I don't think waiting is a good idea, there are still people on the other floors who could end up surprising us if we stall. The others have the target."

He then looked towards the other group, and saw them head outside. The group of three the target had left seemed to be arguing still, and none seemed intent on leaving, so if they were quick no one would notice. He got on line with the extraction team and got instructions on where they should bring the target. He then went back to radio and called up Juliet and Will.

"Hey, just so you know it, I've talked to the extraction team, they'll meet you a little past where we parked our vehicle. Vik'll know exactly where."

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Alfred Frye

"Cameras have been compromised, I hope you're ready to leave."

His body language changed in less than a second. The sudden shift in emotional state was unsettling, but he simply gave them a calm smile and took off the glasses he'd been wearing. "Sure," he replied with the same kind of calmness in his voice, and gave a quick wave to the camera as a "hi there" to whoever was watching. His mind went to Nagi for a brief moment, these weren't professionals, were they? No, the pair looked like students. Perhaps they could be persuaded. Then again, Nagi was a cool guy and all that, but he was still as poisoned as these guys, wasn't he? Buying into the whole "magic is evil", terrorist bullshit. And, besides, in any other situation, Nagi would've fought Alfred as valiantly as anyone else, right?

Not everyone's going to be a Laurence and actually become reasonable. Besides, that guy ended up bailing on me too, in the end. Needed to "find" himself.

Few managed to distance themselves from their naive, narrow-minded view once they got too entrenched in it, people were so simple-minded. Alfred was thinking about this like a child, people didn't just become a good person. Besides, getting too attached was something he had promised himself not to do. Still, if he wasn't going to try to save his short-time "friend", he'd at least not want to watch him die. There were limits to how cold he could be.

"We should get going before we overstay our welcome."

"Yup," he muttered quietly, he'd not stopped smiling as he'd stood there, better they didn't know he had the ability to doubt himself. Even if they were his allies now, who knew if that might change? Alfred started walking past them, and briefly turned towards the direction he'd come from.

"The sooner the better."

Both Karis and Seth got Daniels message just before the official report came in, and quickly gave orders to counter and eliminate them. Reports also came in that a the few had Anti-magic rounds as well.

Sierra 'made her way' to where the attackers where coming in from the west, immediately opening up on the Regalia forces with the Astaroth's Shotgun from above, effectively removing their cover advantage, the sight of a flying red robot sending a short lived wave of panic through the enemy forces, but that faded as quickly as it came, as some of Regalia's forces focused on the robot, and off the combined forces of the schools two combat oriented organizations.

After receiving official orders to eliminate the Regalia forces, along with the notification for Daniel that he'd be receiving some reinforcements as soon as they could be mobilised, the Angel picked up the pace and managed to locate Yvette, briefing her on the situation before setting off again. Yvette, given her skills, would be providing light support alongside her healing abilities.

Upon reaching the South end of the College, Daniel immediately took cover behind a wall, as he could spot at least two squads of soldiers. Fortunately, they hadn't noticed him as they continued towards the main South entrance. Seconds later, they immediately took to cover as what appeared to be grenades were hurled at them, but were in actuality, some of Daniel's smoke bomb cards.

"Did anyone see where those things came from?!" The leader of the trooper shouted.

"No sir! But from what I saw, it didn't look like any regular grenade that I knew of."

"Well then, pray tell what did it look like?" The leader asked, obviously sounded somewhat annoyed.

"A playing card sir." A faint look of dread appeared on the leader's face on the admission of that fact. He knew all too well what that meant. "Something the matter sir?"

"Yeah, something is definitely the matter." The leader said as he shouted in the vague direction of where the smoke came from.

"Alright Rast, reveal yourself, we know you're out there!" He demanded, subtly ordering his troops to open fire the moment the Angel stepped out.

"Well, since you asked so nicely." Out from the shadows stepped Daniel, who, once he was in full view, was gunned down, many shots pierced his chest and forced him down on one knee. After their magazines had emptied, the soldiers quickly reloaded and had their guns trained on Daniel. Despite his injuries, he still managed to laugh, his left arm resting on his left knee, his long coat in tatters from the bullet holes.

"What's so funny? You're bleeding out and surrounded."

"Didn't they ever teach you to confirm your target before taking the shot?"

"Your point being?"

"Simple, get ready for a surprise!" Daniel said with a large grin on his face as he glowed for a moment before exploding, send cards flying out in all directions, taking out a couple of the Regalia troopers in the process. Once the dust settled and the survivors picked themselves up, many sporting some fresh cuts. Daniel spoke once more.

"Well now, you got to make your move." He said with a glint in his eye and sword at the ready as he stood atop the entryway.

"Now I get to make mine." With that, he jumped down and began the engagement proper.

"The group of five doesn't seem to intend to move. That means you have to be careful with getting close, but, if you take the southern entrance of the room, you should be able to take them by surprise, as they're facing north. So take the door next to the window, throw in one or two of them fancy grenade things, and you should be able to deal with them. I don't think waiting is a good idea, there are still people on the other floors who could end up surprising us if we stall. The others have the target."

Mira thought it was a bit weird to keep going now that they had the target, but soon she remembered that they were trying to make it seem like a standard raid, not an extraction. Still, it did seem kind of pointless and cruel to continue doing this...but that was the mission and besides, they would at least be making sure that noone knew the target had been taken, even if it meant that they would be taking out all of those who would notice.

As for the group down the hall...well, probably best to follow Sol's plan on that. Of course, there as one wrinkle in that...she had no idea if Tomas had been paying attention or not when she explained it to Juliet and Sol. Of course, she could assume that he hadn't, after all, she herself had assumed that only those two would be using them (heck, the only reason she still had some was because she had ended up making too much for them), but maybe he considered it useful enough to do so anyway. It didn't help that he had helped her assemble the peices after all but that didn't mean that he had picked up on how to actually activate it. Either way, she had decided to be safe than sorry and give him a quick rundown on how they work.

Figuring that the immediate danger of talking had passed (after all, the others were down the hall) she whispered "Alright...i think we should go with Sol's idea.", all the while taking out one of the grenades to demonstrate. "So, anyways, i don't know if you overheard this but with these, you just flick down the holder, push the trigger, and throw. Let's go." And with that, Mira gave Tomas a grenade and exited the room from the back, sneaking up and taking out another grenade for herself. Once he caught up, Mira looked at him mouthed, 'Are you ready?'

"The sooner the better."

Juliet nodded, there'd be plenty of time for chatting later once they weren't in a hostile work environment. From the sound of things the action was starting to heat up, which meant they ought to get out of there quickly. She motioned for Will and Al to follow and made her way quickly towards where Vik would be waiting for them.

Fortunately it was a short trip, and with the enemies attention being directed elsewhere an uneventful one.

"Vik, I've got the target," she said as they came into view "where do I need to drop him off?"

Viktor directed Juliet and Will to where the extraction point was, for the rest of the team he announced the Target had been secured and it was time to finish up. Kill anyone left, and secure any computers they could find. Anything they couldn't bring with them was to be destroyed via the EMP Sierra made for them.

Tomas followed Mira closely, keeping up with her as they had one more part to do before they could pull out. "Already knew, but good to hear a refresher," Tomas said as he reaches out and grab the grenade she was giving him. Seeing her mouth the words "Are you ready" as he nods and push down the holder and pull the trigger. Ready to throw when she did.

Daniel swung his blade at the nearest target, leaving a long diagonal slash across the chest, causing them to collapse almost instantly, although they feebly tried to hold it in with their free hand clutching at the wound. Partially stunned at what had occurred, two soldiers pulled back behind the cover of some parked cars to provide support fire, hoping to catch Daniel with a lucky shot whilst the others engaged in hand-to-hand fighting with the aid of a knife; this was something of a poor decision on their part.

Some opposing strikes were quicker than others, managing to make a cut here and there on Daniel's coat, but none were fast enough to actual make a mark on the man, er, Angel itself. It didn't take long for the others to fall down, one of which he knocked out by managing to wrestle the man's sidearm and throw it in his face, catching him square in the jaw. After wiping the blood off his sword, Daniel sheathed his weapon.

"I must admit lads, it's been a while since I battled you guys, I almost enjoyed that. But where are the other two?" Daniel didn't have to wait long as two surviving soldiers began taking shots at him. As he threw up a quick card barrier, it exploded on making an impact with a bullet, sending Daniel flying a few feet into a nearby wall, for once, he actually felt a bit of actual pain.

Ah, so you were the ones who were packing the anti-aether bullets. Thought it was a bit odd that I couldn't sense it off the others.

Daniel quickly pulled himself off the wall and threw himself behind a concrete barrier, dodging a few more rounds as he tried working the feeling back into his shoulders from the impact. As the two soldiers approached, Daniel got a message on his phone;

REINFORCEMENTS ARRIVING MOMENTARILY TO YOUR POSITION

'Good, the cavalry's finally arriving.' Daniel thought to himself as he planned his next move.

It seemed that he had been paying attention to her explanation after all, which was a bit of a relief to Mirabelle since she wasn't sure if she had missed anything in her quick speech. With that out of the way, she flipped down the holder and squeezed on the trigger, though she didn't throw it right away. Instead, she gave it a couple of seconds to cook before swinging open the door and throwing it in. The guys on the other side weren't totally prepared, most having their guns sitting near them instead of actually holding them, but they quickly reacted to her grenade throw, grabbing their guns and getting behind cover. It was a smart move...but not one that helped as the grenades exploded and released a cloud of grey gas that quickly enveloped the room. Mira closed the door after that, not wanting to let Tomas breath it in, and waited a couple of minutes, listening as the group dropped one by one from the chemicals, before reopening it and letting it air out before she and Tomas went in.

Solomon Thorn

Sol felt uneasy as he could only watch the cameras and note how people were moving about. He didn't have any eyes on the group with the target anymore, so he had to wait for them to tell him that they were on their way back. Sol felt tempted to get out there and help out, deal with everyone and then get back, but with people now moving around, he felt like he couldn't just leave either.

"Hey, target here. I'm at the pick up point, just so you know it. Oh, and also, there's some really strong people further up, we're talking senior members and leaders, so be careful. The woman on the second floor is also a higher up, but she's not much of a fighter. I'll let you have your people now, good luck,"

"Right..." Sol replied, and waited a little bit before calling them up again. "Juliet? You guys there? I want all four to team up again if what he said is true, because someone on the sixth floor seems to suspect something is up. They've called a meeting. Meet up at the fourth floor." He then waited for Mira and Tomas to finish up the people they were dealing with, and contacted them.

"Hey, Mira and Tomas, there's some strong guys upstairs, and people are gathering. Juliet and Will are going to be there soon. In the meantime I'll figure where to proceed first."

Alfred Frye

Alfred didn't quite like the silence as they walked. He understood that this was dire stuff, but it would've helped if he could have a bit of a friendly chat. Still, he was getting rescued, and it seemed it was on his terms as well, he had to appreciate it.

"Thanks guys," he told the two when they got him to the pick up point. "So, is this it? You gonna head inside now? I'll see you later, I suppose," he gave them an innocent smile, wishing that at least one of them could stay to make sure nothing would happen to him. He touched his neck, and leaned forward. "Oh, right."

He leaned over the radio Juliet was carrying, and pushed the speak button. "Hey, target here. I'm at the pick up point, just so you know it. Oh, and also, there's some really strong people further up, we're talking senior members and leaders, so be careful. The woman on the second floor is also a higher up, but she's not much of a fighter. I'll let you have your people now, good luck," he said, and motioned for Juliet and Will to head out again.

"Have fun."

Raid Team

As the team cleared the floors and collected what the could Sol could hear over the com a rough status of the assault on the school. Their was a bit of cussing about 'Rast' being there, clearly referring to Daniel, and several reports of a red robot or a Gundam, helping the wounded, attacking from the air, and generally preventing them from getting any further into the school grounds, that told Sol Sierra was 'on the field' in her own way despite orders.

That, combined with the other random reports sounded like Regalia was having a hard to getting to far into the school grounds at all.

As for resistance in the building, the team did start to see a bit more resistance since it seemed they started to figure out they where under attack but not where they were or how many they are, or even how many of their own people was left.

Evac Point

The driver at the drop off point took Alfred into the van but didn't take off past moving the van out of sight of the target building. Stating they where under orders to not return just yet due to the attack on the school.

Gato - West

Sierra, via her piloting the Gundam Astaroth, was holding off the assault force with the aid of Gungnir that where on hand at the start of the attack. Sierra had to fight a bit more conservatively, despite her enchantments, at the protection from the anti-aether weapons, Astaroth was still taking damage due solely to the materials not being good enough to hold up under the kind of abuse the Gundam was taking.

Then one of the assault commanders stepped up, a strange one, since while she had him visually, most the other sensors didn't pick him up at all, and wearing a fedora. It took a minute, but she recognized him as the leader of the first attack on the school.

Sierra reported it in and attacked him directly with the Astaroth's Sledgehammer, which he not only blocked, but shattered, revealing the sword hidden inside the hammer. Sierra took a couple shot at him with the Astaroth's Shotgun. One missed the second hit him in squarely in the upper right side of the torso, and had little effect.

This shocked and scared a few of the Gungnir that saw it, Sierra was surprised, but not fazed. She backed the Gundam off a bit, and called for Jordis, and quickly explained what was going on and that Jordis was going to need to take control of Astaroth and hold this guy where he is and not let him gain any ground. The Cephalon was quick to explain that he was not meant for combat, and that the destruction of the Astaroth was all but assured. Sierra just shrugged, saying she could build another if she had to, and handed control of the Gundam over to the magic floating orb, while she faded from view, and into Limbo.

As Daniel finished his thought he could hear the sounds of footsteps getting closer for a few moments then stop.

"We know you're there Rast, now out, and no fancy tricks either." One the troopers called out, followed by the sound of fresh magazines being loaded.

"Certainly officer, just give me a moment," Daniel replied in a joking manner as he stood up from behind the barrier, his hands raised, for real this time. Out the corner of his eye, he could see what looked like troops heading in his direction. Their uniforms not matching the ones of the troopers before him. 'Must be the reinforcements. Got to buy a little time though.'

"Heh. Didn't think I'd see the day that Regalia of all people would finally get the best of me. You boys have learned compared to five years ago."

"Yeah, that we have, freak, and better equipped to."

"Freak? How am I a 'freak'? I am human after all." Daniel asked in a mocked sense of shock upon being insulted.

"Cut the bull Rast, we know your not human; though you play a pretty convincing one whatever it is you are. Yeah, boys back at base are going to have fun figuring out what you are." To that, Daniel gave a snort.

"Heh, you'd be making a mistake either way."

"And why is that?" One of the troopers asked, gun raised, finger on the trigger.

"To put it simply, your days would be numbered. Either through my death or disappearance, The Order knows I am here, and given my status; they wouldn't hesitate to bring all of you down. The smart move would be for you two to start running now, though, you wouldn't get far even if you did."

"And that's because?"

"I think they'd have something to say first," Daniel remarked, pointing at the now arriving reinforcements, who, know they were much closer, he could make out were Gungir troopers.

"What the?! Quick! Run!" One of them shouted before they both shot off towards the entryway they arrived from whilst being assaulted by weapons fire. One had only made halfway across before being shot down, the other nearly managed to reach the gate before a stray shot managed to catch him in the head. Whilst half the squad of twelve secured the South entrance, the others began to check on the others that Daniel had been dealing with.

"Mr. Rast, glad you're still about. Not hurt or anything?" Asked a medic as he approached Daniel.

"Only slightly in my pride. The nerve of them, calling me a freak."

"You'll live." Said the medic, managing to catch a slightly chuckle. "Anyway, your orders?"

"Secure the immediate area, then we advance and engage the enemy. Be careful about some of these magazines if you're looking to restock, they have the anti-aether bullets." Daniel replied as he began rifling through the pockets of one of the dead soldiers, before leaning down to pick up one of the guns they carried. Based on his knowledge, it looked like a Howa Type 89 assault rifle, though somewhat modified with a different receiver. Upon closer inspection, this one was also stock with anti-aether rounds.

"Time to fight fire with fire I think, can't trust my cards when the rounds start flying," Daniel added, attaching one of the tactical rigs underneath his coat and loading up on some spare magazines.

"You know how to wield that sir?" The medic asked, showing some concern.

"I may use magic as a primary method of attack, but I am trained how to operate firearms. Right, lets move out."

Jordis did what he could to keep the Commander busy while Sierra moved to confront him directly, but the difference in skill difference between Jordis and Sierra was pretty obvious, but the look on the commanders face, the part of it that was visible from under the brim of his hat, reflected his suspicion something was up, even as he tore the head of the Gundam, fallowed by the left arm at the elbow as his and the schools forces fought around them.

"Finish these Freaks off, we still have to hit th" He started to order, stopped mid sentence by the blade of a single edged sword now sticking out of his chest. The look of surprise on the faces of some of the Regalia troops mirroring his on shock.

Before the shock wore off he was grabbed by the neck from behind and the sword was shoved deeper into his chest cavity while at the same time being twisted around so that the edge was was pointing upwards as opposed to before where it was pointing down. "Jordis, if Astaroth is still fit to, evac the wounded, otherwise return it to it's 'hanger'." Sierra said as she dragged the commander into Limbo with her, though while in transit from the Earth realm to Limbo she kicked him away from her and off her sword.

To his credit the Raid Commander was quick to discard his Anti-Aether rounds once he realized what was happening. He turned toward her starting to yell some kind of obscenity, but barely had time to get the first syllable out before he had to react to Sierra bearing down on him, blocking her sword with his arm, the blade stopping at the bone. "Is that .." once again, trying to taunt her, only to again be cut off by Sierra spreading one of her Wings, several small orbs of light appearing on her crystal 'feathers', those orbs turning into Spell Rays, that both burned and froze him at the same time, forcing him to jump back before he took the full brunt of the attack.

"What? Can't fight with out those Anti-Aether rounds backing you up?" She said, taking an offensive stance, before throwing him off by firing more Spell Rays at him from her wings.

Raid Team

The team swept through the building, grabbing what they could, and killing whom ever was still left. Once they where given the all clear from Sol, Viktor set up the EMP Sierra had made for them, set the timer and left with the computers they could bring with them. Viktor was needless to say, not terribly thrilled the Van with the target was still there, But before Viktor could get to upset about it the Driver said that they where ordered to hide and wait till the team was finished due to a Regalia attack on the school. A more sizable one this time.

With the Team in the van and on the way back, the Drivers partner got them caught up on the situation at the school, about Daniel being injured, but not enough to take him out of the fight and an '8 foot tall robot model' that descended and helped hold the West Gate and evac the wounded, and that some one matching Sierra's description had also just appeared and vanished with one of the Regalia leaders, giving orders to the robot before vanishing.

The Void aka Limbo

The Raid commander was picking him self up after another savage attack from Sierra. "Well, your durable, I'll give you that, but that's about all you got going for you." She said as she made ready to strike again when he suddenly went wide eyed, gasped for a couple seconds before his body shriveled like a raisin and dropped like a stone, a strange dagger in his back, and Seth standing a little was in the distance behind him.

Sierra sighed in annoyance. "He wasn't going to last much longer you know." calling to Seth as the two approached each other, Seth pulling the dagger out of the now very dead Regalia officer. "Come now, do you really think I'm here to back you up?" "Course not" Sierra replied looking at the dagger, it was pretty basic, save the runes etched into the blade at the stone mounted in the guard. She'd read about them, it was a Soul Stone, a stone specifically created for housing live souls, to be used for what ever the holder of the stone wanted, typically as an energy source, though that practice had fallen out of use ages ago, and the types of spells and creations that used souls to power where beyond what she knew Seth to have the patience to perform and build him self. Which lead her to wonder what he wanted it for.

Post Raid (3 days later)

The raid teams all returned safely, the odd injury here and there not withstanding. The School forces pushed back and crushed the Regalia attack team, and with the attack on their safe houses, shut Regalia down for the time being. The School suffered some casualty's though, 'fortunately' none of which where non combatants. The air around the school post attack was one of concern, but no where to the degree as after the last attack. People where worried, but confident they could handle it if something else happened. Others, emboldened by the victory, wanted to go on the offensive, a sentiment many in Gungnir where resonating with.

Sierra had gotten lightly chewed out for disobeying order's, but since hers and Daniel's quick actions saved the lives of their comrades and potentially the lives of civilian students, it was little more then a verbal warning. She was going to spend time working on Astaroth, but 'work called' and while she didn't need to leave this time, she was distracted by those duty's.

Viktor however, received word from his clan. The strike team with his people had unearthed some troubling news for them and needed him back immediately. What they found was never stated, Viktor made it pretty clear though, 'Clan business' and all, just that 'it was bad enough that they needed him back home to help deal with it'

Yvette was more or less drafted by the medical staff, her talents in the healing arts proving invaluable in saving the lives of some of the more critically injured, though with the work load the had from the attack she would be busy with them for a few weeks still.

Solomon Thorn

3 days later:

Sol had felt mixed about seeing Vik leave. On one hand he'd grown to respect the vampire, and Vik being with them meant he wasn't out there doing stuff for his clan. On the other hand, he'd been on the receiving end of a lot of Vik's flaws as a leader, and perhaps this'd allow Juliet to fulfill that role.

On the other hand, he was a good tactical leader.

Even if Sol'd been mainly in charge of the last mission. Which had gone surprisingly well, given that, well, he was the one telling people what to do, and he didn't have any experience with being in charge of groups. He was impressed with himself, so much that once he'd made sure the important people -Luke and the members of the group that had stayed behind- were okay, he'd started bragging -mainly to Luke- about how well he'd done. He was still on a cloud by the time 3 days had passed, not just because he'd done well or because he'd been worried by Luke, but because it was becoming more and more difficult to go between the oddly normal life he lead at the school -all things considered- and the kind of life he was more used to living.

Still, normalcy got reinstated, and it didn't take many days for him to start whining a little when he felt Luke get out of the bed too early -more because of that they didn't have any lectures that day so why was Luke leaving before they'd had their morning cuddle- and then lying in a comfortable daze as Luke explained something about some group work while putting on outerwear. Sol didn't really wake up before he got the message from that Alfred guy.

"Hi guys, this is the guy you saved half a week ago or so. I heard you were down a guy, so I decided I'd help you out a bit by joining. Don't worry, I'm way more useful when I don't have to worry about being seen. I'll be at your dorm in about 15 minutes, I'd love to say hello to whoever's able to be there."

"Hey, Luke," Sol said, sitting up in the bed, and Luke stopped for a brief moment.

"What?"

"Remember the guy I saved? Turns out that he's gonna join our group. I don't exactly know what he's going to be doing, but he said he'll be here in 15 minutes or so. You sure you don't want to stick around for a bit longer and say hello? You practically live here either way."

"Nope, sorry, really need to get going. We were supposed to have finished this assignment like, yesterday, only got an extention because one of the others needed some extra time getting it together after the attack. She got really scared. But I'm sure I'll meet this new guy soon regardless, given that I "practically live her either way,"

the werewolf said with a smile, and closed his jacket. He looked at Sol, expectantly, and Sol ushered him out, acting as if he didn't really care. "Get going then. Don't let me keep you." Luke stepped a little closer to give Sol a kiss on the cheek before leaving, and headed outside. Sol grinned to himself, and looked at his phone.

"Fifteen minutes. I suppose I have just enough time to wake up some before the new guy gets here. And get dressed. Right. This bed too comfortable sometimes." He rubbed his eyes and put a pair of pants on so that he could enter the kitchen, because, first of all he needed to put some coffee on.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Alfred Frye

He was finally cleared for leaving. The last three days had been spent going through almost every single detail he had learned since going undercover, and for someone with a near perfect memory, that wasn't a task done in a couple of hours. He'd also gotten the beginnings of a psychological evaluation, to make sure he hadn't picked up any nasty "habits" or "opinions" from his time in the cult. Obviously, he'd cleared those well, Alfred didn't have any issues, and certainly not anything like that. Sure, it helped that he had at times saw it necessary to see everyone as pawns, be they humans or not, but that was a way to survive, not any hateful, underlying biases.

I'm so tired now though. I'll be happy if I never have to answer another question my entire life.

The thing with Nagi didn't help. Alfred needed a distraction, and he knew how to find one. Or rather, he'd already gotten it taken care of.

He was interested in the group that rescued him, intrigued even, by what he'd heard. Imagine, small groups that basically worked as armed forces for the school. Small groups made out of students. Alfred had been insistent on that he wanted to join them now that they were one guy down, wording it as a way to "pay them back". What was the harm? He didn't risk much in most fights with his near perfect defense, and it would be far more interesting than the university part of the college. Besides, he was way behind on most of his classes, and his old dorm room had been given to someone else. Also, there were individuals which probably needed to be kept an eye on. It was a decent oppertunity.

He'd finally talked the higher ups agree to it, and though he was just a student, he knew that the information that he'd brought back meant they owed him something. That meant he was able to push for it to happen as instantly as possible. His stuff was in a storage room in the staff part of the college, and as he went to get it, he sent a text message to his new group, using a premade setup on the phone he had been given by the staff in order to "keep in touch should anything happen". That was higher up code for that they were expecting him to keep an eye on his team-members. Good thing he was already planning to do so.

"Hi guys, this is the guy you saved half a week ago or so. I heard you were down a person, so I decided I'd help you out a bit by joining. Don't worry, I'm way more useful when I don't have to worry about being seen. I'll be at your dorm in about 15 minutes, I'd love to say hello to whoever's able to be there."

It took about 15 minutes to get to the dorm with his stuff, give or take about five minutes. Using the newly obtained key to open the door, Alfred stepped inside, ready to greet whoever was there.

Three Days Later

"Hi guys, this is the guy you saved half a week ago or so. I heard you were down a person, so I decided I'd help you out a bit by joining. Don't worry, I'm way more useful when I don't have to worry about being seen. I'll be at your dorm in about 15 minutes, I'd love to say hello to whoever's able to be there."

Well this is interesting. She hadn't expected them to come up with replacements for Vik and Yvette so quickly, not to mention who they were replacing them with. Al had seemed a bit young, but certainly no more so than Will, and he certainly had the right demeanor for what they had been doing.

Maybe I should dress up a bit for this. He had been a bit cute after all, and following the attack on the school people were too focused on that matter to throw much in the way of parties, everyone was either too worried or too focused on going on the counteroffensive. Not helping matters was the twins deciding they needed to spend some time away from the school with all that was happening, promptly departing on a month long vacation. They'd promised to send postcards and other gifts of course but it left her feeling rather bored.

Yes I think I will dress up a little. Nothing too fancy of course, it wasn't like this was a fancy party, but something eye catching certainly. Although that did describe most of her wardrobe.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

She'd wound up settling on a low cut top and yoga pants, both of which were rather tightly fitting.

"Alfred was it?" she said with a friendly smile "I'm Juliet, the succubus."

She had to avoid the temptation to sprout her more demonic features as she said the last two words. She doubted he'd have much of a reaction to that anyways.

She extended a hand to shake "I was second in command before Vik left, but who knows where that leaves me now."

Three days later...

After the mission, Mirabelle spent the next three days trying to mostly forget about her assault experience, not really caring for the idea of sneaking around again. It probably wouldn't stop her in the future...but as someone who has really never had a reason to sneak, she did feel that she wasn't...physically suited for it. In doing so, she buried her head back into her work...which meant that when Al's text came, she didn't notice for ten solid minutes. Finally, the timer on her phone went off and she stopped it, only to be greeted by a text.

She reread the message quickly, trying to find a time for when it was sent, before trying to halt her brewing and get the perisable items put away. By the time she got those gathered and opened the door, the young man they rescued had arrived and had been getting introduced to Juliet. Using that as a distraction, she moved behind her and quickly put her materials away. After that she tossed a few of the kitchen utensils that she had borrowed for her work and tossed th3m into the sink to wash after the meet up, ignoring them when they bounced of the semi-rubbery bottom and clattered upon the sink.

After Juliet finished, Mira looked at her for a moment, contemplating where Viktor's leaving actually left her. She hadn't really noticed Juliet being second in command, after all, from her perspective, most of the time she just partied. Actually, considering all that he had done, she considered Sol to be the second in command more than her...but he didn't seem to be into the idea of a leadership role (not that she could blame him) so maybe this was more of an announcement of her willingness to take on the team leader role? Either way, she pushed it out of her head. Now wasn't the time to focus on that. Quickly returning her attention to Alfred, she said, "My name's Mirabelle. I'm the...well, i'm not sure what to call it. I mean...i don't make plans...i don't lead...i'm good with machinery though, and alchemy, and, by proxy, chemistry...i also may have made the sink rubbery by accident." she said, her eyes flickering to the clattered utensils before focusing back at him.

Fast Forward To Three Days Later...

The next three days were mildly hectic for Daniel, mainly in the fact that after having to write several after-action reports for the Council, he was temporarily recalled back to the UK to be given a full formal debriefing; along with a new assignment, to act as a liaison between Gato and The Order, and to a lesser extent the Government, apparently word of a success such as Gato had piqued their interest, and was curious about such an institution, and how a similar setup could be created back home.

So here he was, a day later, back in Japan, back at Gato Community College, staving off the boredom by playing a game of Solitaire, not the most interesting of games, but it kept his mind active as he planned out his moves. It took a few minutes of constant vibrating from his mobile for him to realise he received a message. Setting down a card he went to grab his phone and read the message.

How in the hell did he get my number? Hmph, no doubt Seth passed it along whilst I was away. I should be annoyed at this, but no doubt it was to come sooner or later. Better go see what he wants.

With that, he got up from his desk, gathered up the deck of playing cards (truth be told, he wasn't exactly dealt a good starting hand) and put them in his coat and set off for the dormitory.

He arrived and saw that Juliet, Mirabelle had gotten here already and were in the process of introducing themselves to the newcomer Alfred. Daniel pinched the bridge of his nose and smirked in amusement as he saw what Juliet had chosen to wear for this occasion.

Trust the succubus to wear something risqu? on a first encounter.

"...i'm good with machinery though, and alchemy, and, by proxy, chemistry...I also may have made the sink rubbery by accident." Mirabelle finished on, her eyes darting about the room in concern.

"Huh, now that's something new; though you shouldn't worry yourself about it too much at the moment Mirabelle, accidents happen." Said, Daniel, as he attempted to ease the golem's worries. After taking a seat in the dormitory, he turned to look at Alfred.

"You must Alfred then. Apologies if you haven't seen me around much in the last few days, been kind of busy. I'm Daniel by the way."

William

William was laying in his bed not really feeling in doing anything for the past few days. Ever since Viktor left he felt like he lost someone. He knew Viktor wasn't dead or anything serious but the man felt like a brother to him than a friend. He was about to fall back asleep when his phone rang. Picking it up and looking over the message as he wonders who set it. Before remembering Alfred. "Oh! Almost forgot him." William thought to himself as he got up. It would be rude to not fully introduce himself.

Heading down to the meeting area as he seen the others already there and introducing themselves. Smiling a bit as he walks up and waited his turn. When he saw his chance he said, "Hello, Names William, I was one of your escort helpers."

Tomas

Tomas was in his room, reading a book for an upcoming school test. He was a bit behind from training and doing mission so he couldn't study before hand. Though now he had some free time to do so. In the middle of his session, he heard his phone going off. Doing a quick glance to see it was from someone wanting to meet up. Thinking it was probably something with their new teammate as he set his phone back on the counter and return studying.

Before sighing and grabbing his phone and sending Mira a text. Knowing she would probably go and greet the newcomer. 'Busy with Studying, Say Hi for me.' With that out of the way, Tomas turn his focus back to his book.

Solomon Thorn

Sol had to grin when he noticed what Juliet was wearing, bringing out her -honestly gorgeous- body with tight fitting pants and a very telling shirt. He wasn't blind to some of her nicer assets, but the reason he was so amused was that she was waiting, like him, for the new guy. "Someone wants to make a nice first impression," he commented, then added; "Be gentle with the guy, okay? He's just a kid." He wasn't sure if he wanted to be worried or not, but decided against it. Someone who'd gone undercover as a spy had to be willful enough to know what they wanted, for better or for worse.

I should keep an eye out though. Just in case.

Some for Will too, he supposed, now that Vik was gone. He made it over to "his" armchair and sat down, he wanted to give the others a moment to greet the newcomer before introducing himself. He'd still not gotten the sleep out of his eyes, so he didn't feel like fussing either way.

He watched as Alfred entered, suitcases and all, and the young man introduced himself to Juliet, having issues knowing exactly where to look at her. One moment he looked over at Sol, asking for a bit of assistance, but before Sol got the chance to raise his voice, Mira entered. Well, he'd seen Mira lurking in the background, but now she actually introduced herself. Daniel and Will were next, and when they had introduced themselves, he finally stood up and introduced himself, offering a hand that was quickly grabbed and shook.
"And I'm Solomon Thorn. I prefer Sol, though. It's a pleasure to meet you."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Alfred Frye

Alfred took note of the people who were there when he arrived, one more so than the other. In one of the armchairs sat a lanky, tanned guy who was wearing a red sweater and a dark cowboy hat, and he gave the other a quick salute. However, it was the dark-haired beauty from his mission that really caught his eye. Not so much her hair, mind, she was wearing very tightly fitting clothes, and while Alfred certainly wasn't a pervert, he still was a teenage boy. His urges had a mind of their own, it felt like. She stepped forward, proudly, and spoke.

"Alfred was it? I'm Juliet, the succubus."

"Yeah, I noticed," he said, trying to keep his eyes from drifting too much. "I mean, I remember you. Hard to forget such a beautiful face." He shook her hand, feeling his grow warmer as he did. At least he managed to keep himself from being awkward.

"I was second in command before Vik left, but who knows where that leaves me now."

"Well, the second in command would be the first when the former leader leaves, right?" he said, though he knew there was a lot of different factors that would factor into that. Perhaps she'd get skipped entirely, or a higher up would become the leader. Alfred certainly wouldn't mind trying the role, but honestly, it sounded like it would be troublesome, especially if he wanted to work towards his own goals alongside this. He let his eyes linger on her curves a little bit, and then, upon realizing this, looked away, at the other guy, who just gave him a shrug.

Luckily, he'd heard that some of the others arrived. A good opportunity to distract himself, and the first one was a small, red-haired woman who still struck him as someone who'd be able to knock him out in one hit. Perhaps it was the way she carried herself. Nonetheless, she was cute, in a nonthreatening way.

"My name's Mirabelle. I'm the...well, i'm not sure what to call it. I mean...i don't make plans...i don't lead...i'm good with machinery though, and alchemy, and, by proxy, chemistry...i also may have made the sink rubbery by accident."

"Ah, hi, it's a pleasure to meet you, Mirabelle. Also, let me ask you again, since I'm not sure I... You made the sink rubber? How do you make a sink rubber? I mean, I'd love to know, I'm a pretty curious guy." He smiled, warmly, offering his hand to her. As she'd spoken another person had entered the room. A really tall guy this time, blonde, wearing a trench-coat. Alfred wondered if this one was human. Probably not. He knew that most of the group were made out of supernatural creatures, just like the school. He gave the other a friendly wave.

"You must Alfred then. Apologies if you haven't seen me around much in the last few days, been kind of busy. I'm Daniel by the way."

"Oh, that's just fine, I've not seen anyone outside the intelligence department and some of the higher ups. Been a lot of information to go through. It's nice to meet you though, Daniel."

He didn't close the distance, both because there was a bit of a crowd by now, and because the guy seemed to have sat down for a reason. Now, whether it was to show Alfred that he wasn't worth all that, or if it was because he just found it more comfortable he didn't know, but it wasn't worth considering either. With that he turned to the second person he'd seen during his own rescue mission, who was the sort of small looking fellow with the silver hair.

"Hello, Names William, I was one of your escort helpers."

Alfred smiled a knowing smile. "Hi again, William, I do remember you. I remember everyone I see, and especially those who help me. Thank you so much for saving me. Like, all of you. It was getting pretty dangerous out there." He offered a hand but didn't push it too far, this one seemed a little timid. He was probably younger than Alfred too. Then again, timidness wasn't an age thing, just a personality trait. One to be mindful of, both because they could be difficult to deal with, and because they could be easily pressured into doing your bidding.

Not that Alfred was the kind of person who'd take advantage of that. Of course not.

The one he'd noticed earlier -barely, as there was a presence that demanded more of his attention- in the couch stood up, and his accent was far less southern than Alfred had hoped, given the hat.

"And I'm Solomon Thorn. I prefer Sol, though. It's a pleasure to meet you. As you can probably tell, I'm the rogue of the group, a lone hunter who's here for a bunch of different reasons."

"Oh, it's the voice from the radio. Hi, nice to meet you in person, Sol." So this was the hunter he'd heard about. Odd place to find a hunter, but they were nothing if not unpredictable.

Hunter, succubus, I wonder what the other people are. I mean, I had the chance to check, but finding out on my own is so much more fun.

But that would have to wait for later. In the meanwhile, he needed a place to put his stuff.

"So guys, I've been told I should live here in this dorm, any vacant rooms? Or anyone I could share a room with?" he asked, hopefully. Honestly, Alfred wasn't that fond of sharing room with others, but on the other hand, it did allow him an opportunity to be closer to whoever he did share room with. Perhaps he'd learn something interesting.

"Either is fine for me, I just want to unpack my stuff. It's been gathering dust ever since I went undercover."

Gungnir Main Hall

Seth and Karis walked down a hall, having just left a meeting discussing the information Alfred had provided. "Think your people can dig up anything on this 'Lua' place? I'd rather not have to ask The Queens or Ansoth about it, and give them a reason to be snooping around if we can avoid it." Karis asked, Seth thought a bit before answering. "I'll see what I can do, but if it's one of those ruins The Queens and Ansoth have been interested in recently we might not have a choice on getting them involved." Karis bristled a bit at that though.

"We'll cross that bridge if we come to it. For now just you should just focus on getting a team together to investigate those other locations we're where given, and let me worry about the information gathering."

Dorm

"Put him in the same room as Juliet" Sierra snarked as she walked out her room and into the common area. "That would be the most amusing I think." She stopped at the end off the hall and leaned against the well. Her wings hanging behind her, relaxed as her tail kinda curled loosely around her feet.

She gave a little 'yo' wave.

"Ah, hi, it's a pleasure to meet you, Mirabelle. Also, let me ask you again, since I'm not sure I... You made the sink rubber? How do you make a sink rubber? I mean, I'd love to know, I'm a pretty curious guy."

Mirabelle tried to figure out how to answer that without confusing Al or insulting his intelligence by accident. Sadly though, she barely had a second to spare before her phone went off with another text. Wondering if this was another emergency meeting Seth was making them go to, and inwardly praying that it wasn't, she opened her phone, only to surprising discover a text from Tomas.

'Busy with Studying, Say Hi for me.'

A little confused by this, She nonetheless went along with it. She did question whether or not she should have been helping him...but she consieded that if he needed her help, he would have asked about that. Either way, she looked back up to Al and said, "Um...well, i just got a text from another member of our team who can't make it unfortunately. Tomas is busy studying but he asked me to say hi to you for him. As for the sink...uh...well...a few months ago i ended up botching a metal hardening recipe that i was working on. It was supposed to rearrange the molecular bonds within the pot so that whenever anything hit it, the outside would stay rigid and unbroken while the inside became more pliable and more able to absorb the energy within. Unfortunately, even though Chemistry has it's roots in Alchemy, some of the ideas on replacement in Chemistry arn't backwards compatible with Alchemy so when i replaced some of the ingredients with similar substitutes that would be acceptible in Chemistry...it had an unexpected result, by which i mean the metal became pliable and rubber-like all throughout. Of course, it does have the ability to harden it's surface in response to a moderate amount of force which makes it useful in making armor or absorbing the force that is forced upon my hammer during impact to protect the more delicate inner workings of it. Unfortunately, i ended making a bad batch once, one that didn't have that hardening ability that the previous liquids gave, and once i deemed it safe enough to dispose of...i forgot the sink was metal and ended up pouring it into the sink. I'm working on fixing it though so you guys don't need to worry. It's also still structurally sound so it can still be used to wash things...so, yeah."

After that, he asked about the room situation and if he was getting his own or rooming with someone else. It was at that time that Sierra came in andtried to set a new land speed record in time-til-snark, at least when it came to new people trying to be nice.

"Put him in the same room as Juliet. That would be the most amusing I think."

"Or we could not match people up just for our amusement." Mira said calmly, ignoring that idea afterwards. "As for the room situation...i don't think there is a room that nobody's not moved into but you could share my room if you want. i'm really only using up half the space anyways."

"So guys, I've been told I should live here in this dorm, any vacant rooms? Or anyone I could share a room with?"

"Put him in the same room as Juliet"

"Or we could not match people up just for our amusement."

Juliet laughed "It's fine with me," she said "provided Al is ok with it of course, I'd like to think I'm not a bad roommate."

She wondered who he might choose, he certainly didn't seem as intimidated by her as Will was but that could be a front. Still it was more promising than any of her previous efforts towards her teammates had been. At any rate Al was free to make his own decisions on who to room with, though she had to think that she might make a better roommate than someone who turned their sink into rubber.

Solomon Thorn

Sol smirked slightly at Sierra's suggestion, though it was a little curious too. It was clearly her just being sarcastic, but he wondered if it was just because Alfred was a young guy, or if Sierra had learned something from rooming with Juliet in the past. Or was it just because Juliet was a succubus? Regardless, he wasn't surprised when Mira offered up her room, she probably didn't mind that Al was a guy. Or care, possibly. Sol raised his voice on the topic of the rooms, just to make sure he was in the clear.

"Well, I have an unofficial roommate, so I don't think you'd like to room with us. It would be way too crowded," Sol said, and added; "Also I don't think Luke'd be too happy about it. Sorry." He pulled his hat back a little and pointed towards Sierra; "That one's named Sierra, by way. She's a little wry, but she's not a bad person."

Alfred Frye

"Um...well, i just got a text from another member of our team who can't make it unfortunately. Tomas is busy studying but he asked me to say hi to you for him. As for the sink...uh...well...a few months ago i ended up botching a metal hardening recipe that i was working on. It was supposed to rearrange the molecular bonds within the pot so that whenever anything hit it, the outside would stay rigid and unbroken while the inside became more pliable and more able to absorb the energy within. Unfortunately, even though Chemistry has it's roots in Alchemy, some of the ideas on replacement in Chemistry arn't backwards compatible with Alchemy so when i replaced some of the ingredients with similar substitutes that would be acceptible in Chemistry...it had an unexpected result, by which i mean the metal became pliable and rubber-like all throughout. Of course, it does have the ability to harden it's surface in response to a moderate amount of force which makes it useful in making armor or absorbing the force that is forced upon my hammer during impact to protect the more delicate inner workings of it. Unfortunately, i ended making a bad batch once, one that didn't have that hardening ability that the previous liquids gave, and once i deemed it safe enough to dispose of...i forgot the sink was metal and ended up pouring it into the sink. I'm working on fixing it though so you guys don't need to worry. It's also still structurally sound so it can still be used to wash things...so, yeah."

Alfred nodded, she had put it fairly simply. He wondered what the more complicated explanation was, but he had a feeling it would be even longer than this one. Not that he'd have any trouble remembering it. "I see, that sounds really cool, actually. The working solution, I mean, the rubber sink doesn't sound too good. Tell Tomas hi for me, okay?"

"Put him in the same room as Juliet. That would be the most amusing I think."

A tall woman with rather demonic features said. She was pretty, but too tall for him to really find her attractive. Alfred gave the newcomer a "yo," back, making a note of that she apparently thought it was funny to have Alfred room with the succubus. Had she noticed that his eyes had wandered a bit?

No way, that was before she got here.

So she was just teasing him then.

"Or we could not match people up just for our amusement. As for the room situation...i don't think there is a room that nobody's not moved into but you could share my room if you want. i'm really only using up half the space anyways."

"Well, I have an unofficial roommate, so I don't think you'd like to room with us. It would be way too crowded. Also I don't think Luke'd be too happy about it. Sorry." He pulled his hat back a little, and pointed towards Sierra; "That one's named Sierra, by way. She's a little wry, but she's not a bad person."

Hm, no lone rooms. Sol's got an unofficial roommate, is that allowed? Luke, is that a buddy of his? And Sierra, that's a name I've heard before. She's connected to some of the higher ups, right? Anyhow, thus far it seems I'll be rooming with a girl, unless the two others speak up.

Not that Alfred minded, he was used to being treated as somewhat of a kid, most people took one look at him and assumed he was harmless.

Feels like it might get cluttered when she has a projects ongoing.

Perhaps that was more his own way of doing stuff though. He knew that once he spent a few nights without sleep he could get... erratic. Besides, if he could have a peek at her projects, it might make up for it. And Mira did seem like a really nice person. He was about to take her up on her offer when Juliet spoke up.

"It's fine with me. Provided Al is ok with it of course, I'd like to think I'm not a bad roommate."

Alfred looked at Juliet, her reply was a little surprising, he'd expected her to just shrug it off or ignore it. Given her laugh she seemed to be amused by it, and that made him decide to go for it. Sure, they were all poking fun at the new guy -though he doubted it was mean-spirited- so why not give them a bit of a surprise? It was a good oppertunity to show that he wasn't as shy or careful as he perhaps seemed.

"Really? Well, apparently it'd be amusing if we shared a room, and I like being amused, so why not? Besides, it feels like I've been issued a challenge, and I mean, I'm sure you're a nice gal. So I'd love to room with you, Juliet." He looked over at Mira with an apologetic smile.

"Sorry, nothing against you, I really like stepping up to challenges. Oh, but you don't mind if I ask you some questions later, Mira? About your research? Actually, I'd like to talk to everyone at some point, get to know you better. Lemme see... matching the number of people with the numbers on the list I sent the message to, remove one because he's studying... this is the entire team, right?"

Solomon Thorn

Sol raised an eyebrow when he heard Alfred say he wanted to room with Juliet.

Stepping up to the challenge, huh.

Sol wasn't sure if he was baffled or impressed, so the youth was more headstrong than he'd expected. Or, perhaps there was a reason for it, whether it was Juliet's beauty or her "rank".

I mean, he was a spy. I doubt you just throw away those kinds of habits when you're done being undercover.
Sol bit the inside of his cheek, he was being suspicious of someone without reason. Besides, perhaps Alfred just didn't mind rooming with someone like Juliet. He wondered what Juliet was thinking too. She was the kind of person who might just do it because it was amusing to her, though she probably didn't mind rooming with someone who could be fed upon.

Well, it's up to them. It's certainly an odd combination though.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here