A Magnet For Cats

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Welp, thanks for reminding me to watch the series again. Had completely forgotten it existed.

And that's why you make playlists. I have about 4 different "public" ones that I can blast at max volume with headphones in and not get weird stares (just annoyed ones) and if I'm at home (or with other people who don't hate the music I love) I use a huge playlist of virtually every song I have. Then if I want to listen to some weird OST or the Bloodhouse Gang or something I just play the individual song. Works pretty well.

Shuffle - Exclusive to only you, since you knowingly put that music on your device.

Just checking, but you do know this is them telling people that they aren't nazis and to fuck off, right?

Ruisu:

SacremPyrobolum:
how strange. I was just wondering how awkward it would be when people as me about the song I have been listening to recently.

P.S. Does anyone else find that PaSwG has surprising good music?

Not surprising for me, since I do like the anime a lot. But yeah, the OST is nice. It's nothing on Shiro Sagisu's or Yuki Kajiura level of awesome OST though, but still nice.
\

Indeed it is.

Please, do share.

I think it's safe to say that worse case scenario is giving the headphones to someone black and it shuffling to God Thinks by Voltaire. Great song with a message about how people use God to justify all kinds of horrible things and hide behind their religion to spew hate, but the first line of the song is all about shocking someone into paying attention. The line is "God thinks all blacks are obsolete farm equipment."

88chaz88:

Hero in a half shell:
That's nothing.

I once had a girl at a new years eve party ask me if I had any hobbies, and what I did to relax. My brain went into overdrive repeating "dontsayvideogamesdontsayvideogamesdontsayvideogames" for about 20 seconds, of which I was just staring blankly at her the whole time. After that I stuttered "N-n-nothing. I do nothing."

After that I took up badminton, just so I have something to say in those scenarios. It's not the coolest sport, but it's better than nothing.

Or you could get a spine and say "videogames".

Seriously, it makes no difference, they're not looking for what you do as a hobby, just striking up conversation.

Bro just because you don't have a chance of getting laid don't go ruining this guy's chances!

I kid, I kid...

kind of

Could have been Tsurupettan, so it's still okay.

Can we get a spin off comic based around adorable big guy and lovely petite girl? :D

The Panty and Stocking Theme song is cool though.

The worst song anyone can find on my Ipod is Super Sonic Racing. Or rather, the entire Sonic R soundtrack in my player. I have a think for Disco and Pop.

Orange Monkey:
Can we get a spin off comic based around adorable big guy and lovely petite girl? :D

Not unless I cheat on my girlfriend. Big guy is me.

SacremPyrobolum:

Please, do share.

Shiro Sagisu is the guy behind the OST of animes like Neon Genesis Evangelion, Bleach and some others. He works mostly with Orchestrated music, at least from the animes I know, but there is a lot of variety of themes in his music.

Here are some examples from NGE, with very different themes:
"The Beast"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt4ldDExzhU
"Crime of Innocence"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vAj9kDoeac
"Do you love me?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMPRMKUQLM0

And here some from Bleach:
"On the Precipice of Defeat"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLyi5xHtkb0
"Whisper of Apocalypse"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REHHlBbf6nM
"Clavar la espada"(This last one is my favorite. Is flamenco inspired, with a nice acoustic guitar.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suwfJMiXauU

Yuki Kajiura on the other hand I know from the "Noir" anime , but she's also the one behind the Hack anime and the entire OST of Xenosaga III.

Here's my favorites of her:

"Romance"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmx1r8AQNII
"Melody"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnJ1HAPi5Yo
"Melody - Salva Nos"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdGDNEMKFnI
"Le grand Retour"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jegn_XKxq9Q

They are my two favorite composers when it comes to OST's of anime. The best imo too.

JaceArveduin:

Just checking, but you do know this is them telling people that they aren't nazis and to fuck off, right?

Of course. The song even addresses white supremacists as "inbred morons". But to someone just randomly listening to pieces of music, this could sound bad.

It pisses me off no end when people try talk to me when I have headphones in. BITCH, CAN'T YOU REALISE I CAN'T HEAR YOU?!?
So ignorant! >.<

Poor Grey, it tries so hard but the universe just hates him

-M

staika:
The face on the last panel was just pure gold, I laughed so hard XD

That face deserves to be someone's avatar. I can't do it but yeah....

OT: Poor, poor girl. You have no idea what you just walked into.

And this is why I love making playlists.

More specifically: Cassettes :3

Oh, and walkmans with two headphone plugs. So you can listen with someone.

But, but... Panty and Stocking is awesome.

My favourite? Why, I'm glad you asked!

There are far worse songs on the P&S OST that it could have swapped to. Such as that one that's nothing but samples of women moaning.

Ruisu:
Yuki Kajiura on the other hand I know from the "Noir" anime , but she's also the one behind the Hack anime and the entire OST of Xenosaga III.

Yuki Kajiura is a GOD. The //SIGN soundtrack kicks all shades of ass.

Don't feel bad I did the same thing except the Excalibur Theme came on.

At least I got a smile :D

This thread made aware to me the existence of a second P&S soundtrack. In addition to the music, they also have short audio sketches, the first being about missing penises. I'm not sure if I regret that I'm able to understand the dialogue.

Al-Bundy-da-G:
Don't feel bad I did the same thing except the Excalibur Theme came on.

At least I got a smile :D

Japanese Version is at least 20% more WTF : P

In terms of the P&S soundtrack i submit this would be a lot worse;

People used to listen into my headphones all the time simply because i didn't listen to anything 'normal'

I'm glad I don't have the problem of talking to strangers (particularly female ones) anymore. Actually walked up to a girl with a Triforce tattoo on her neck to compliment her and show her the Triforce on my arm.

As for the Shuffle thing, I have no music I'm ashamed of. When I tell people that I listen to something from every genre, I mean EVERY genre.

1337mokro:
Oh yes I know that awkward moment all to well.

"What's your favourite movie"

(PANIC MODE ENGAGED!)

BRAIN HELP ME QUICK!

*No problem bro I got you, here is a selection of the nerdiest movies imaginable! She's going to love the Amazing Bulk and No retreat No Surrender, even number 4!!!*

DAMN YOU! I can't use those movies! Why do you always give me this crap Brain? Why not something that says I am interesting and sophisticated?! I'm so taking revenge tonight with alcohol.

*What? Why would you do that you asshole. This is the stuff you actually enjoy watching. Maybe if you stopped pretending to be cool and actually got a life you wouldn't have to blame me!*

Oh like you are one to talk, you make me like this crap for starters and ,,, hey where did she go. She was here just a second ago.

*She kinda waved her hand in front of your face whilst you were talking to me and walked off after a while.*

----

I joke but I genuinely hate that question. It's like which movie is my favourite? Like when I am in a certain mood or when I have time to kill. Do you mean favourite ironically or is it like what genre do I like? Is that what you are really asking because what is a favourite movie? I watch tons of movies I like equally how can I pick one over the other when they can't even be compared based on genre?

I know it's just a what kind of things you like question but it always puts me on the spot and in thought overdrive.

Understand why people ask it. They want to get to know you better. You could just say: "Favorite? I'm not sure. Last week I saw .... bla bla bla"

Or you could just memorize the answer "True Romance". If she's a girly/dreamy girl she'll think it's cute. If not, there's a chance she's seen it and knows it's a badass movie written by tarantino. If she's more the serious type... find another girl ;)

dunam:

1337mokro:
Oh yes I know that awkward moment all to well.

"What's your favourite movie"

(PANIC MODE ENGAGED!)

BRAIN HELP ME QUICK!

*No problem bro I got you, here is a selection of the nerdiest movies imaginable! She's going to love the Amazing Bulk and No retreat No Surrender, even number 4!!!*

DAMN YOU! I can't use those movies! Why do you always give me this crap Brain? Why not something that says I am interesting and sophisticated?! I'm so taking revenge tonight with alcohol.

*What? Why would you do that you asshole. This is the stuff you actually enjoy watching. Maybe if you stopped pretending to be cool and actually got a life you wouldn't have to blame me!*

Oh like you are one to talk, you make me like this crap for starters and ,,, hey where did she go. She was here just a second ago.

*She kinda waved her hand in front of your face whilst you were talking to me and walked off after a while.*

----

I joke but I genuinely hate that question. It's like which movie is my favourite? Like when I am in a certain mood or when I have time to kill. Do you mean favourite ironically or is it like what genre do I like? Is that what you are really asking because what is a favourite movie? I watch tons of movies I like equally how can I pick one over the other when they can't even be compared based on genre?

I know it's just a what kind of things you like question but it always puts me on the spot and in thought overdrive.

Understand why people ask it. They want to get to know you better. You could just say: "Favorite? I'm not sure. Last week I saw .... bla bla bla"

Or you could just memorize the answer "True Romance". If she's a girly/dreamy girl she'll think it's cute. If not, there's a chance she's seen it and knows it's a badass movie written by tarantino. If she's more the serious type... find another girl ;)

How do I not understand the question. I know full well it's a get to know someone question. I just don't like pointless questions that are meant to not have a real answer to them but just some general small talk, the least functional and worthwhile type of talk in the world. It's why I never ask someone what their favourite movies are but the exact question you suggested.

"Seen any movies recently? How about that Stalone comedy Grudge Match, did it also make you want to felate a glock?"

In short I'm not a small talk kind of guy and 90% of what I said almost a year ago was intended for comedy. The only part of that which was "real" or had a genuine opinion of mine put into it was that I hate random questions about favourite things. The only thing worse than that is a pointless memorised answer. I ain't no part of your system!

"What's your favourite organ?"

1337mokro:

How do I not understand the question. I know full well it's a get to know someone question. I just don't like pointless questions that are meant to not have a real answer to them but just some general small talk, the least functional and worthwhile type of talk in the world. It's why I never ask someone what their favourite movies are but the exact question you suggested.

"Seen any movies recently? How about that Stalone comedy Grudge Match, did it also make you want to felate a glock?"

In short I'm not a small talk kind of guy and 90% of what I said almost a year ago was intended for comedy. The only part of that which was "real" or had a genuine opinion of mine put into it was that I hate random questions about favourite things. The only thing worse than that is a pointless memorised answer. I ain't no part of your system!

In short I'm not a small talk kind of guy

Yes, you've proven that pretty comprehensively.

dunam:

1337mokro:

How do I not understand the question. I know full well it's a get to know someone question. I just don't like pointless questions that are meant to not have a real answer to them but just some general small talk, the least fuctional and worthwhile type of talk in the world. It's why I never ask someone what their favourite movies are but the exact question you suggested.

In short I'm not a small talk kind of guy

Yes, you've proven that pretty comprehensively.

I'm sorry don't you need to be somewhere making empty pointless small talk with other boring people so you can pretend that you are getting to know someone but in fact you are both just exchanging rehearsed responses that have literally no meaning at all to hide the fact that even if people got to know the real you they wouldn't be interested?

You know instead of haunting year old threads that have been dead for a good long time whilst trying to be a smart ass? Now if you will excuse me I have to go and actually do something that matters. I only allow so much time for pointless activities and boring people in my schedule.

1337mokro:

I'm sorry don't you need to be somewhere making empty pointless small talk with other boring people so you can pretend that you are getting to know someone but in fact you are both just exchanging rehearsed responses that have literally no meaning at all to hide the fact that even if people got to know the real you they wouldn't be interested?

You know instead of haunting year old threads that have been dead for a good long time whilst trying to be a smart ass? Now if you will excuse me I have to go and actually do something that matters. I only allow so much time for pointless activities and boring people in my schedule.

Well I'll be here waiting when your time schedule allows you more time for frivoloties, because it's been an absolute pleasure. In the meanwhile, good luck doing something that actually matters.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here