Stolen Pixels #71: PS3 Exclusive Interview

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

SomeBritishDude:
Oh god, I can hear Indigo coming from a mile away. Everyone retreat!

That was my first thought as soon as I read the first panel. Strangely, at the time of writing (only 35 posts in thread) he hasn't shown up yet.

As for the comic...decent, but I miss Shamus.

Um...you guys know that Travis is just one of Shamus' characters, right? He's not an actual person.

Shamus Young:
Or maybe I just need to work out more.

The strength training on the Wii Fit not helping any?

I still argue that the PS3 is theoretically the cheapest console. You of the $399.99 cost $299.99 covers the Blu-Ray player, leaving about $100 as the cost of the gaming hardware. Adversely, claiming that the gaming hardware racks up more that $100 makes the PS3 a cheaper Blu-ray player.

But it seems that lots of people believe its cheap (Note the pun.)

DeadlyYellow:

Shamus Young:
Or maybe I just need to work out more.

The strength training on the Wii Fit not helping any?

I still argue that the PS3 is theoretically the cheapest console. You of the $399.99 cost $299.99 covers the Blu-Ray player, leaving about $100 as the cost of the gaming hardware. Adversely, claiming that the gaming hardware racks up more that $100 makes the PS3 a cheaper Blu-ray player.

But it seems that lots of people believe its cheap (Note the pun.)

Assuming you want a Blu-ray player and don't want to wait until Blu-ray is as cheap as DVDs now are.

For Blu-ray, the PS3 is the best player since A) it gets frequent firmware updates; and B)it has extra processing for games that it can use for movies. For example, the Iron Man Blu-ray takes about a minute to boot up on some players, but takes 5 seconds on a PS3. Many people don't believe in HD, but once you actually sit down and watch it for a while, you notice the difference. It isn't something you can notice with a passing glance, and it well worth the extra $.

Also, the PS3 has it's brick built in, rather than attached to the power cord.

But I would agree that the PS3 needs more games, especially exclusive titles. I've always wondered why that is, and I guess this is why.

aww that was cheap :(

funny and very very true

360 is the way to go

Susan Arendt:
Um...you guys know that Travis is just one of Shamus' characters, right? He's not an actual person.

LIES!!! This must be a person, an actual human, probably on the Xbox dev/marketing team, too. This is some grand Microsoft conspiracy to repeatedly stomp on the onyx knuckles of the greatest console EVAR!~!@~#! We must gather our internet rage and flame his very name on forums the world over, until he cries himself to death.

Though he does have a point. Fanboys are fat.

Wilcroft:
For Blu-ray, the PS3 is the best player since A) it gets frequent firmware updates; and B)it has extra processing for games that it can use for movies. For example, the Iron Man Blu-ray takes about a minute to boot up on some players, but takes 5 seconds on a PS3. Many people don't believe in HD, but once you actually sit down and watch it for a while, you notice the difference. It isn't something you can notice with a passing glance, and it well worth the extra $.

Also, the PS3 has it's brick built in, rather than attached to the power cord.

But I would agree that the PS3 needs more games, especially exclusive titles. I've always wondered why that is, and I guess this is why.

I have HD, but I'm not going to go and buy still-developing Blu-ray technology for a premium price. Sky HD shows 90+% of what I want anyway.

That settles it. I'm sold. I'll just sell one of my hearts to pay for a PS3. I can get by with just one.

"I think that last comment pissed it off. It must have bashed me in the head and drank the rest of my booze, because when I woke up I had a massive headache and the whiskey was gone."
Most brilliant line so far.

Susan Arendt:

Shamus has characters? I thought he only did captions of screenshots.

And thats bullshit on the weight - I've carried my Ps3, half my library, the cables and two controllers in a backpack from Buladelah to Lindfield.

if only sony would fix all of those problems the ps3 would be the best console...

This is picking on that fuckhead Kaz Hirai and he deserves all of it. You should have made the PS3 a pic. of Kaz so we get the joke better.

How do we know that Travis isn't the real person, an Shamus isn't one of his characters? Anyone that reads his blog on a regular basis has good reason to doubt his existance and their own.

Wait, is it 2006 again? I'm pretty sure the funny included in this comic is well past expiration.

Funny stuff... hope he's just as merciless to the 360 when it gets it's turn....

Susan Arendt:

NA NA NA! Not listening! We have to keep believing or the castle will crumble!

i64ever:
How do we know that Travis isn't the real person, an Shamus isn't one of his characters? Anyone that reads his blog on a regular basis has good reason to doubt his existance and their own.

That's actually a very good point.

SaintWaldo:
Wait, is it 2006 again? I'm pretty sure the funny included in this comic is well past expiration.

lets just..pretend it's '06 - or just laugh at Travis' shirt.

I shall post this comic on /v/ and enjoy the array of angry fan boys. Great work, Shamus.

Indigo_Dingo:

Susan Arendt:

And thats bullshit on the weight - I've carried my Ps3, half my library, the cables and two controllers in a backpack from Buladelah to Lindfield.

And believe me, that's a long way.

Myself, I loved the comic, and agreed with it's points; the only game that I really want to play on the console is LittleBigPlanet. I am also confused as to Sony's ridiculous statement, so I'm with Shamus there; why the hell would they make games harder to develop on their format?

I love how http://www.gamepunx.com is a synonym for The Escapist.

This sold me Bluray, this animation? 80's. It really shows with Animation.

Onmi:

I have to always wonder - what is it with the Japanese and humanised mechs with melee weapons?

Doug:

Onmi:

I have to always wonder - what is it with the Japanese and humanised mechs with melee weapons?

you're shitting me right?

Okay Okay, well in Gundam, Minovsky Particles screws with Radio, Radar and Targeting systems. hence firing from afar is NOT accurate, but mostly it's because if the enemy gets up close you REALLY need something to defend youself with.

As you can see, USUALLY it's a single beam saber thats stored on the Recharge Backpack. usually they use Beam Rifles and Bazooka's.

the other reason is because it's COOL!

Shamus Young:
So that's my take on the PS3. It costs too much, it weighs too much, and it drinks too much.

So its a 600€ drinking buddy?

I can live with that.

Onmi:

Ignore all of the above post except for that bit. :p

Vortigar:

Shamus Young:
So that's my take on the PS3. It costs too much, it weighs too much, and it drinks too much.

So its a 600€ drinking buddy?

I can live with that.

Onmi:

Ignore all of the above post except for that bit. :p

Also so Apollo can Mugen Punch shit into the moon.

And People wonder WHY I want this damn game in english.

and of course, Roger Smith

Bitch PLEASE

Lord Krunk:

Indigo_Dingo:

Susan Arendt:

And believe me, that's a long way.

Myself, I loved the comic, and agreed with it's points; the only game that I really want to play on the console is LittleBigPlanet. I am also confused as to Sony's ridiculous statement, so I'm with Shamus there; why the hell would they make games harder to develop on their format?

So that it could be a powerful enough system that it could run games like LittleBigPlanet.

Onmi:

Doug:

Onmi:

you're shitting me right?

Okay Okay, well in Gundam, Minovsky Particles screws with Radio, Radar and Targeting systems. hence firing from afar is NOT accurate, but mostly it's because if the enemy gets up close you REALLY need something to defend youself with.

As you can see, USUALLY it's a single beam saber thats stored on the Recharge Backpack. usually they use Beam Rifles and Bazooka's.

*shrugs* how would I know? I'm not into anime at all. Add to that, I think guns are cooler (in fiction at least) that swords and so forth.

Shamus Young:

Just to be clear: I pick on Sony a lot because I think they have made some missteps, but I wouldn't call the Xbox "better" than the PS3. A lot of it depends on what you need, which model you get, and how much you have to spend.

I look forward to your Xbox 360 and Wii comic strip. Please post if they already exist. Surely, all three deserve this mocking treatment not just the PS3?

MrGFunk:

Shamus Young:

Just to be clear: I pick on Sony a lot because I think they have made some missteps, but I wouldn't call the Xbox "better" than the PS3. A lot of it depends on what you need, which model you get, and how much you have to spend.

I look forward to your Xbox 360 and Wii comic strip. Please post if they already exist. Surely, all three deserve this mocking treatment not just the PS3?

If Microsoft come forward and say they intentionally made the Xbox 360 hard to program, like the Sony guy did, I'd expect him to do so.

Doug:

MrGFunk:

Shamus Young:

If Microsoft come forward and say they intentionally made the Xbox 360 hard to program, like the Sony guy did, I'd expect him to do so.

This isn't the only subject to write a comic strip about.

If a former worker from Microsoft released information to the effect that Microsoft knowlingly released faulty hardware that could make quite good satire.

MrGFunk:

Doug:

MrGFunk:

Shamus Young:

This isn't the only subject to write a comic strip about.

If a former worker from Microsoft released information to the effect that Microsoft knowlingly released faulty hardware that could make quite good satire.

True - anything of that nature would be comical too. Like EA on PC's.

Licaon_Kter:

( via Game of the Art )

Hey check that out - December 12 2006

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook