Titanfall Beta Had Around 2 Million Players

Pages PREV 1 2

Vigormortis:

Neronium:

I believe EA may also be providing some of the servers and the server space for the game, because I don't think Respawn would have enough money to set up the servers and maintain them at the same time on their own. But other than that Respawn is responsible entirely for the games coding and they are more than likely responsible for patches and everything else so if there are patches that go out I say expect them way faster than any other division that's for sure. *glares at Maxis and DICE for terrible launches of SimCity and Battlefield 4*

Actually, most (or all, really) server duties are being handled by Respawn and Microsoft.

Respawn, from the outset, was looking for a way to handle the traffic load and AI iterations they were expecting in the final product; and a cost effective way to do so.

Microsoft gave them the best solution with the Azure servers. https://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/

Now, one could argue that matchmaking might be affected by EA's infrastructure in Origin, at least in regards to the PC build of Titanfall. However, almost all server responsibilities rest squarely on Respawn and Microsoft this time around.

In which case, if there are server issues at some point, those two will be to blame. Respawn if an error in the game code causes an issue; Microsoft if server loads or instability cause the issues.

To quote someone that put it more eloquently than I:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.844546-Xbox-Live-Sign-In-Problems-Are-Not-a-Titanfall-Issue#comment_form

votemarvel:
But but but...the Cloud!

Perhaps Microsoft should have some of those 300,000 Azure servers available now?

tdylan:

To quote someone that put it more eloquently than I:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.844546-Xbox-Live-Sign-In-Problems-Are-Not-a-Titanfall-Issue#comment_form

votemarvel:
But but but...the Cloud!

Perhaps Microsoft should have some of those 300,000 Azure servers available now?

So, uh....why are you quoting me? Are you agreeing with me that the servers are Microsoft's responsibility? Are you vaguely disagreeing with...whatever the hell point I made that you deem incorrect? I'm very confused.

Also, I really don't see how the current Live fiasco is relevant to any of the points I made. Or rather, how it addresses any of them.

Can you please explain? Perhaps I'm being obtuse but I fail to see the point in your post.

-edit-
Given you haven't responded in days, I'm going to go ahead and assume you had no point in quoting me and were simply looking to antagonize.

Kind of speaks volumes that the only people attempting to antagonize others over Titanfall are the people who openly lament their distaste of the game.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here