God Damn you Japan

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/debut-trailer-muscle-march/59623

Mommy why is their a chicken in that man's head?

If we're going to damn Japan for anything, we should for how they call JRPGs "role playing games" even though you don't actually do any roleplaying in them.

Sorry, I just love that image, and have never had the chance to use it. But yeah, this has been known a while. Trippy, huh?

Nwabudike Morgan:
If we're going to damn Japan for anything, we should for how they call JRPGs "role playing games" even though you don't actually do any roleplaying in them.

A: All games have you playing the role of a character, all games are roleplaying
B: Even if this were not the case, who cares?

NeutralDrow:

Sorry, I just love that image, and have never had the chance to use it. But yeah, this has been known a while. Trippy, huh?

You and this guy should be friends.

lordlee:

Nwabudike Morgan:

A: All games have you playing the role of a character, all games are roleplaying

You have no idea what a role playing game is.

i want this so much

Japan just keeps getting weirder and weirder...

I am perplexed by Japan's constant export of weapons-grade insanity.

Nwabudike Morgan:

lordlee:

Nwabudike Morgan:

A type of game in which the player controls a character or party of characters in a statistically abstracted way. Most are based around one or more quests, items, stats, Character Customization, and experience points, as characters grow in power over time.

Nwabudike Morgan:

lordlee:

Nwabudike Morgan:

Is that even a game? If so then just what the hell.

lordlee:

Nwabudike Morgan:

lordlee:

Nwabudike Morgan:

A type of game in which the player controls a character or party of characters in a statistically abstracted way. Most are based around one or more quests, items, stats, Character Customization, and experience points, as characters grow in power over time.

No. Not at all, actually. A roleplaying game is one where you, well, play a role. Where everything that happens in the story is a direct result of the decisions you make. The way the story is shaped is based on who you decide the character is as a person. You do none of this in a JRPG. Leveling up has nothing to do with roleplaying.

What the fuck was that?

Well, that was strange... geez

also RPGS IMO are games were you can progress and evolve and have control over how you play the story. Halo is not an RPG as MC doesn't get anymore powerful at the game's end. But say, Tale of Symphonia, you can have your party at very powerful levels with unique equipment setups by the end of the game that you didn't get in the first bit

I....I......JUST WHAT?!? My eyes now burn!

Nwabudike Morgan:

lordlee:

Nwabudike Morgan:

lordlee:

Nwabudike Morgan:

No. Not at all, actually. A roleplaying game is one where you, well, play a role. Where everything that happens in the story is a direct result of the decisions you make. The way the story is shaped is based on who you decide the character is as a person. You do none of this in a JRPG. Leveling up has nothing to do with roleplaying.

I assume we are both posting knowing that no matter what we say to the other party their opinion on this matter is not going to change?

Julianking93:
What the fuck was that?

I really don't want to know

Aside from the overdose of beefcake, that actually looks to be a pretty good use of the Wii was a platform. Pose various ways to get through impressions of the character in front of you.

lordlee:

Nwabudike Morgan:

lordlee:

Nwabudike Morgan:

lordlee:

Nwabudike Morgan:

I assume we are both posting knowing that no matter what we say to the other party their opinion on this matter is not going to change?

This isn't a matter of opinion. What I'm saying roleplaying games are is what they've been since ages before anybody even conceived of videogames.

Nwabudike Morgan:

lordlee:

Nwabudike Morgan:

lordlee:

Nwabudike Morgan:

lordlee:

Nwabudike Morgan:

This isn't a matter of opinion. What I'm saying roleplaying games are is what they've been since ages before anybody even conceived of videogames.

Right, and in the days of the tabletop it was about killing enemies, gaining stats, and gathering loot.

lordlee:

Nwabudike Morgan:

lordlee:

Nwabudike Morgan:

lordlee:

Nwabudike Morgan:

lordlee:

Nwabudike Morgan:

Right, and in the days of the tabletop it was about killing enemies, gaining stats, and gathering loot.

No, it was about telling a story. What kind of shitty GMs did you play with?

why thats a fucking hillarious trailer

O_O What in the Nine Hells was that?

Nwabudike Morgan:

lordlee:

Nwabudike Morgan:

lordlee:

Nwabudike Morgan:

lordlee:

Nwabudike Morgan:

lordlee:

Nwabudike Morgan:

The kind that actually have players. Sure there's a story to your usual tabletop run and WRPG, but it has to be loose or it contradicts with the big tenat of the genre: free roaming and choosing your own adventure. JRPGs are a tighter, more focused lot. The customization is lowered for the sake of a more refined story. But hey, all have their good games and their bad games, there's no reason to limit oneself.

Nwabudike Morgan:

lordlee:

Nwabudike Morgan:

lordlee:

Nwabudike Morgan:

lordlee:

Nwabudike Morgan:

lordlee:

Nwabudike Morgan:

Girls, girls put away the claws.

lordlee:

Nwabudike Morgan:

lordlee:

Nwabudike Morgan:

lordlee:

Nwabudike Morgan:

lordlee:

Nwabudike Morgan:

lordlee:

Nwabudike Morgan:

The kind that actually have players. Sure there's a story to your usual tabletop run and WRPG, but it has to be loose or it contradicts with the big tenat of the genre: free roaming and choosing your own adventure. JRPGs are a tighter, more focused lot. The customization is lowered for the sake of a more refined story. But hey, all have their good games and their bad games, there's no reason to limit oneself.

How old are you, if you don't mind me asking, if you think playing a tabletop game where you don't just fight and get loot is boring?

Interesting use of the wii mote, to be sure.

I was quite perplexed and confused throughout the video.

That was.... that was.... wrong, plain wrong

Nwabudike Morgan:

lordlee:

Nwabudike Morgan:

lordlee:

Nwabudike Morgan:

lordlee:

Nwabudike Morgan:

lordlee:

Nwabudike Morgan:

lordlee:

Nwabudike Morgan:

How old are you, if you don't mind me asking, if you think playing a tabletop game where you don't just fight and get loot is boring?

I don't think that's boring at all. I said the narrative is usually loose to allow for the players to get more creative and set their own pace, not that there shouldn't be a narrative.

Nwabudike Morgan:

So... Diablo 2 isn't an RPG?

Omg if anything could ever made me want to get a wii, this definitely is it

Yes.

Okay... it...

err...

Hm.

You know what? It actually looks fun.

I think I can ...

Wait...no I can't. That was just typical of them.

D:

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked