Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 . . . 820 NEXT

I realy want to know the name of the game i played as a kid. I cant tell much about it, but i still remember some things. It was on PC. Maybe 6-9 years ago. I remember a girl(or if you prefer a woman) running in a church and behind her was a creature(or a monster) and after the creature got her it decapitated her. I know that this is not much but this is all i can remember. I would appreciate it if someone could find and tell me the name of this game.

I thank you in advance.

eversonbarros:

chris2k7sears:
Hey guys

so I need a hand figuring out a game I used to play as a kid, its been bugging me for years.
It was in the 90s/early 2k
PS1 (I think)
3D
3rd person
RPG/action
The character you played had a sort of MegaMan style to him, shot through a cannon type thing on his hand.
You can pilot flying airship type things from what I remember, or you use them to get around.
There is a particular boss I remember as a kid (because I could never beat him lol), it was some sort of mechanical spider/4 legged robot thing (possibly yellow?)
You had a girl companion, she was just always with you.

thats about all I can remember, hopefully someone can help!

Maybe it is Mega Man Legends

Oh nice! Yeah I think this is the game, thanks so much.

gireo:
I realy want to know the name of the game i played as a kid. I cant tell much about it, but i still remember some things. It was on PC. Maybe 6-9 years ago. I remember a girl(or if you prefer a woman) running in a church and behind her was a creature(or a monster) and after the creature got her it decapitated her. I know that this is not much but this is all i can remember. I would appreciate it if someone could find and tell me the name of this game.

I thank you in advance.

Hellgate: London? ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7U02fyeOYk&t=6m45s )

Hey all,
I played a game in the 90's on PC and it was a role play game where you were the wizard and you woke up in your room at like a wizard school once you were on the grounds you then had a map do different areas of the wizard universe! The aim of the game was to collect items to find the location of a dragon that had been burning down areas.
It was an adults game because there was swearing in it and some comments from the characters where funny!
In the back if my head I can hear the them tune when if started and it showed a big world and your mouse was like a star

Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks

Gemmaalanna:
Hey all,
I played a game in the 90's on PC and it was a role play game where you were the wizard and you woke up in your room at like a wizard school once you were on the grounds you then had a map do different areas of the wizard universe! The aim of the game was to collect items to find the location of a dragon that had been burning down areas.
It was an adults game because there was swearing in it and some comments from the characters where funny!
In the back if my head I can hear the them tune when if started and it showed a big world and your mouse was like a star

Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks

Discworld: The Trouble With Dragons?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discworld_%28video_game%29

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a_6v8HM9cA

I'm looking for a game I used to play on the computers at my school around 2005-2006. It was an old top-view adventure game, I'm pretty sure in black and white. You wandered the map fighting monsters, and if you found the castle and went through a maze, you could steal all of the king's treasure and fight your way out. I think with the money you could buy spells or potions, better weapons and the like. You played a knight, I think, or a thief.

Hello all, first time post. I used to play a game in the early 80's on an old pc with my mom. She loved the game, and I would love to acquire it for her again. Of course it seems impossible to find. I know it was called 'Halloween'. It had nothing to do with the movies. It was 2d, Donkey Kong in style. Very simple graphics. Your character is a wizard who must ascend and descend stairs as he avoids bouncing skulls, pumpkins, and other similar things. The wizard could zap anything into oblivion except for the skull. The wizard had to navigate this field until he reached the portal for the next level. With a name like Halloween any searches I've tried either reach 1000's of unrelated hits, or practically none. For all I know it never appeared outside of Lincoln, Nebraska. Thanks to anyone who can help!

PC game (can't remember if it required a cd-rom or not)
Mid 90's (93-97ish)
Spacecraft mining strategy
dome looking buildings, multi-shaped ships, different planets multiple color schemes
robotic voice in background lots of "idium" metals to mine would say what % of the location had been mined
more for kids and young teens

Alright I'm looking for the name of a top down shooter game from the 90's I believe for the pc.

It could be played solo or co-op with one other person. The main characters were human and the only differences that I can remember was that one wore a red shirt and the other a yellow one. The beginning from what I remembered showed the character waking up on a spaceship from an alarm and being launched down to the planet below. From what I remember the game looks like alien breed/alien swarm and you gone through levels defeating aliens. There were afew weapon pick ups but if you collected the same one it powered up the weapon abit. It was both indoors and out and I believe when you completed a series of levels you gone to a new planet or a new section of a planet because I remember a section being based indoors/in a jungle-ish area and the next section was outdoors in a snowy area. Another thing is there was no cash or credits but just an arcade like score system.

I have been looking everywhere for it and can't find it at all...I think it may have been a game to demonstrate the graphics of graphics card or new graphics drivers but I can be wrong on that.

I thank you all for looking at this game and helping me out in trying to remember this game

EDIT: After some help I think it was part of a free game bundle with one of the RAGE graphics cards but I'm unsure

katakitten:
I'm looking for a PC game I played in elementary school. About 7-10 years ago.

It was a 1P logic/puzzle game involving getting various colored bugs(beetles?) from one side of the screen to the matching colored tile on the other. It was a view from above, and it wasn't a maze; you had to plan everything out ahead before letting the bug(s) free to see if they made it to the other side... there was a grid of different tiles on the screen that turned the bug in different directions, buttons that had different effects/changed directions of other tiles, tiles that changed when you ran over them, etc, and timing was important too if I remember correctly (not sure). To complete a level you had to get all the bugs to the other side. (I can't seem to remember how you actually arranged/changed the playing field, if you had to move the arrows or the bugs or what. My guess is rotating the arrows.) Does this sound familiar to anyone?XD

For anyone else out there: Cluefinders: The Mystery of Mathra

Let not your google search for 'beetles, tiles, wall, ancient, backpack' be in vain

Hey guys, I have a few games that were originally made probably in the late 80's early 90's and were on floppy disk.I played them around the mid 90's

so the first one I thought for SURE was just called "Three" and I used to play it in the computer lab at school. The game essentially had a main segment where you are an alien in a spaceship being asked questions about the states of the US. History questions and whatnot. You'd answer about 10 then you get a mini-game of sorts. The one I remember most had maybe 5 or 6 horizontal columns on the screen, and the character you control is at the bottom. little orange pokey guys with big thick nerd glasses start coming on screen in the columns from the left and right, and the object is to hit them with comic books. If you don't hit them they come closer to the bottom of the screen, getting increasingly faster (invaders style)

The second one is a bit harder to describe because I was very young when I played it. All I remember was, it was like a tactical war type game, and for the most part all you see is a top down view of a tank (or something like it) that you control, and then the grey tiled floor. I also remember being horrified of a creepy grey face that would appear (i'm assuming) after you clear an area, like a stage boss.

The third game was very colorful, and you were a guy in an office building, in an office chair with wheels, going around the building getting items and solving puzzles.

the fourth one is probably the most fuzzy in my memory, and I'm not even sure if it was for NES or floppy. What I remember was a dungeon like setting, and an old man (maybe a wizard) and some crystals. It's for sure not Final Fantasy, or D&D, and I remember lots of colors, like maybe 16 so I'm inclined to think it was a floppy.

If you can help with any of these games I would be really happy! These have been racking my brain for 20 years!

Also there is ONE more..

It was one of those learning games for kids, and it had a really annoying pencil as your guide. Also you could paint the Mona Lisa.

There was also a reader rabbit game where you could cook food, and he would ask for ingredients like "kumquats"

Hi guys! Im looking for a game what i played when i was 7 years old. It was a pc game in the mid 90's i think it relased in 93-98. It was an educational game for kids, there was a time machine in the game and the 'lobby' or the first level was in a library where you had to find words for something. there were animals in the game who could speak and the main character was a squirell i think. i hope you can help me.

I remember playing this game about 15 years ago.
The character was a raccoon that was walking around on some platforms, I don't remember if he was doing anything else besides trying not to get killed by cats and dogs. These animals appeared from different sides of the screen, and it was enough to touch the raccoon and they would kill him.
I think initially there were just cats and dogs, but at higher levels there were other animals( I remember some snakes ). The final level was with a huge rat( dressed in something ) that was really powerful and very hard to kill and had several lives.
I also remember that there was a different environment in every level ( some were with ice and it was very slippery, some with mud ).

I don't really know if it was old, but there was an indie game that I can't find, it was a top-down sci-fi shooter, you were stranded on an alien planet, you could choose between four characters; an android/robot/cyborg, an alien, an alien on a hover-chair thing, and a human, I think you found a gun in a bush, there was an in-game map-editor, and the world was in sections that you traveled between, the aliens looked kinda like the aliens from aliens, i don't remember anything about the aliens on the hover-chair thing, but I think they used implants or mind-powers, I think you crash landed an escape pod or something, on the intro text for the human, i think it said something about the alien on board sabotaging something but idk.

Cboehme:
I don't really know if it was old, but there was an indie game that I can't find, it was a top-down sci-fi shooter, you were stranded on an alien planet, you could choose between four characters; an android/robot/cyborg, an alien, an alien on a hover-chair thing, and a human, I think you found a gun in a bush, there was an in-game map-editor, and the world was in sections that you traveled between, the aliens looked kinda like the aliens from aliens, i don't remember anything about the aliens on the hover-chair thing, but I think they used implants or mind-powers, I think you crash landed an escape pod or something, on the intro text for the human, i think it said something about the alien on board sabotaging something but idk.

Sounds exactly like Notrium. Which is an awesome game. Find it here:

http://www.instantkingdom.com/notrium/

mosher:
Hello all, first time post. I used to play a game in the early 80's on an old pc with my mom. She loved the game, and I would love to acquire it for her again. Of course it seems impossible to find. I know it was called 'Halloween'. It had nothing to do with the movies. It was 2d, Donkey Kong in style. Very simple graphics. Your character is a wizard who must ascend and descend stairs as he avoids bouncing skulls, pumpkins, and other similar things. The wizard could zap anything into oblivion except for the skull. The wizard had to navigate this field until he reached the portal for the next level. With a name like Halloween any searches I've tried either reach 1000's of unrelated hits, or practically none. For all I know it never appeared outside of Lincoln, Nebraska. Thanks to anyone who can help!

Maybe Monetzuma's Revenge

http://www.c64-wiki.com/index.php/Montezuma%27s_Revenge

I ended up finding this game at one point, looked up some vids for nostalgia value, and then regretted the decision. Now I forgot the name, can you guys figure it out? Its an adventure type game, I remember there being a key inside of a pumpkin near a house, and you had to kick the pumpkin to get the key to go inside.

gavinmcinns:
I ended up finding this game at one point, looked up some vids for nostalgia value, and then regretted the decision. Now I forgot the name, can you guys figure it out? Its an adventure type game, I remember there being a key inside of a pumpkin near a house, and you had to kick the pumpkin to get the key to go inside.

It seems like "Hugo House of Horrors"

I've been wracking my brains trying to remember a cheap budget PC game I picked up early 2000's.
As I recall you played as a Warhammer 40k rip off Space Marine/ Librarian type and could use guns and melee in first person. I believe there were some pysionics/ magic involved too and the combat in the early levels was on some rocky space base environment. I'm pretty sure it was terrible, but I bought KOTOR I & II the same weekend and I never gave the game a proper chance.

if anyone knows please i want to play it again!!

on the start of game you are dude that goes down the stairs and you kill skeletons...it's a third person game you can use magic to kill them also like fireball it's a great game and if helps the icon of game has an axe and some other weapon like a cross :)

drfahrenheit:
There was this game on the PS1, I couldnt remember much of it since i was really little at the time.

It was kind of a 2D fighting game, but you could move around a bit, and its graphics were like street fighter. I played this silver haired guy with his hands in his pockets and kicked a lot. You could play two player, and my sister played with me using a character that was a kid and he had a golf club to whack his enemies.

the two main characters that you could use were a guy and a girl, but we preferred the silver haired guy and the kid.

I even remember a stage where you were fighting in a hotel lounge (?) where there was a huge christmas tree in the middle.

There was even a boss fight who looked somehow like Jack-5.

I really really liked this game and im so desperate to remember it, so please reply if its familiar :)

Crisis beat

Ok, this one will be hard. I'll even try drawing some of the things I remember...

This is flash (or was it java?) game I played on PC bazillion years ago (in the 90s, most probably. Maybe early 2000s). I used to play it with my little brother.

The game featured soldiers fighting aliens (monsters? other soldiers?) from a top down perspective (somewhat like bomberman).

When I played with my brother, each of us controlled a soldier and there were hordes of enemies spawning everywhere from the corners of the map. We had a bunch of allied NPC soldiers in our team as well. Our soldiers had a very "anime" feel to their portrayal as well.

You did not get to navigate outside the initial screen - it was kind of "defend yourself until you die" maps.

One thing we remember -very clearly- was that were some kind of power ups that allowed for "air strikes" and "reinforcements" and such. There would be resounding voice saying "AIR STRIKE THROUGH!" or "GROUND SUPPORT!" or "REINFORCEMENTS!". I think that those reinforcements came from APCs in the top of the screen (running over enemies in their path...).

I don't have time right now, but I swear to come back with an attempt at drawing the damn thing! This has been gnawing at my brother's brain and mine for a couple of years now...

Please internet... You're my only hope! :P

I remember playing this old FPS game. I remember that the background of the menu screen was a big horizontal knife, and the curser was also a knife. You could select different weapons, guns and explosives before the game started. And the first level you started on a big green field with coconut trees on. You could shoot the coconut trees. And as far as i recall you needed to kill the enemies in a nearby village, which was in a valley straight forward.

Sylard:
Hello! :) Can someone help me?

I remember a game for maybe 8-10 years ago. It was 2D and you were with a green dog-like creature, shooting laser from its horn at other monsters. Red potions falls from monsters when they explodes. You had to collect these potions to level up. There were bosses, and if you defeated them, a lot of potions falls out from the boss.

I hope you can help me. :)

Fire Guy???

************************************************************************************************
Please help!

I'm looking for an old PC game I used to play as a kid. The game featured a young boy who had black shoes, black hair, and glasses. The setting was in a swamp/bog and there were evil trees with faces and frogs too, I believe. I don't remember the exact objective of the game, but I do remember that you killed the trees somehow. Also, I think there was some kind of green mist or fog that came from the trees that killed you. I have been searching for this game for years and can't find the name of it. If anyone knows the game please let me know!
************************************************************************************************

Hey everyone. This has annoyed me for many years but I haven't been able to find it out. Here is all the information I can remember.

*I played it on PC Windows 98
*Has underground fire, grass, ice backgrounds
*Demons or hooded people chase you
*Aim was to build traps e.g. bombs, ice, spikes to get rid of them and move to transporters to next level
*You have options to build your own like maze thing too
*The game can involve one person or two
*I might be wrong but Sierra had something to do with it

Thanks so much :)

linle:
Hey everyone. This has annoyed me for many years but I haven't been able to find it out. Here is all the information I can remember.

*Aim was to build traps e.g. bombs, ice, spikes to get rid of them and move to transporters to next level

Lode Runner: The Legend Returns? ( http://greatgamer.ru/images/screenshots/7079/screenshot_lode_runner_the_legend_returns_8.jpg )

Doomgriever:

linle:

Lode Runner: The Legend Returns? ( http://greatgamer.ru/images/screenshots/7079/screenshot_lode_runner_the_legend_returns_8.jpg )

OMG! Thank you so much! You are a life saver and after all these years (roughly 13). Big sigh of relief! Thanks :)

Hi everyone. I have been annoyed for a couple months now, and I still can't find out what the game is called and it just grinds my gears, so hopefully someone can help me.

I don't remember much but heres what i know:

* It has some kind of red fox/wolf main caracter, and you could change to a girl aswell.
* You could do missions.
* I remember a red car that i was driving all the time.
* I'm not sure about where i played it, and when.. But i think it was on PS2 about 7 years ago.
* And I can remember crocodiles, i dont know why.
* I remember a big hangar that i unlocked after i did missions.
* And I remember the name Sally (i think)

I know theres little information, but hopefully someome might be able to figure out this,

There is this Arcade game that I used to play when I went to the dentist somewhere between 1986-1992 maybe that I can't for the life of me remember the name of. It was at the dentist's office, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't a highly sought after arcade unit (didn't see it in the major arcades downtown). From what I remember, the game was a side-scroller, but you drove a car that could jump pretty high. I know you had to dodge bullets/bombs and had to jump over crumbled bridges in a post-apocalyptic future. It was 1-2 players and you had to advance levels in a linear based process. In between the levels, you would see a topographical view of the world.

Sorry for the lack of information, but I'm hoping this may hit a chord w/ someone else.

saneczki:
Hello. I'm looking for PC game 96-2000r.
You can control from 1 to 6-8 yellow blob or egg that gathers resources and builds workshops, it can also plant and eat tomatoes and some fruits, the game is a pc 3D eagle eye view. I remember that there were bulldozers (on higher level) that can kill your yellow creature if You make mistake:D
When they eat tomatoes they said: " Mniam mniam i eat finish" :). Funny game. Goal is to survive and move creatures to X point.

I'm also trying to find this game, and found this forum xD

I remember one mission where a forest is on fire, and we needed to make our "crew" of those yellow eggs (I always called them yellow m&m's cuz they look alike) cross a river, but we needed to make a bridge first.

If you found the game can you let me know pls cuz I rly want to play it again

the name of the game had "Planet" or "World" on it if I good remember.

Thank you in advance.

Hi all, there's a game I played when I was little in the 90's, and there's this host character who is a male blue-colored creature with a hooked nose and googly eyes like a character from sesame street. there are minigames in it, and in one you had to move a basket across the floor of a chicken coop to catch eggs and avoid rotten ones, and another minigame where you had to fix an airport conveyor belt so luggage could pass through... I hope someone knows the title

One game that is killing me. Its a age of empire kinda of game. medvil times in genre. What i can remember is the map. Generally split into four or maybe more area's you started off in the bottom left as(a blue color to signify your territory.) And the enemy was red. And you had to fight each area with your soldiers, horseman etc till you got to the enemy's area and conquered them. I remember playing this game when i was very young. Around the time of the Caesars 2/3, Warcraft 2 Maybe 3. But all i can remember is the map of this game being split into four square like teritories and training soilders and moving arcroos going up from the bottom left then right and then eventually down to win. I will kiss the person who can remind me of this Title.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 . . . 820 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here