Electronic Arts senior vice president Jens Uwe Intat becomes Chairman of the Interactive Software Federation Europe.
The Interactive Software Federation Europe (ISFE) announced the appointment of Jens Uwe Intat, Senior Vice President of EA Europe, as its new Chairman of the Board, succeeding Sony senior vice president John Brunning. Michael Rawlinson, Managing Director of the UK trade body ELSPA, has been re-elected to his position as Treasurer.
ISFE represents the interests of the game developers throughout the 27 European Member States and Norway, Iceland, Switzerland and Liechtenstein. The organization leads political, legal and commercial initiatives to protect its members’ interests on issues like intellectual property protection, e-commerce and World Trade Organization negotiations. ISFE also oversees Pan-European Games Information, the industry body dedicated to the rating of entertainment content.
Patrice Chazerand, Secretary General of ISFE, commented, “I’m very much looking forward to working with the new Chairman. His strong leadership will help drive our industry priorities at a time when interactive entertainment is being fully recognized by policy makers as mainstream entertainment, and as the fastest growing media sector today.”
Companies and associations represented on ISFE board include:
- The Walt Disney Company
- Electronic Arts
- Take-Two Interactive International
- SELL (Syndicat des Editeurs de Logiciels de Loisir)
- BIU (Bundesverband fur Interaktive Unterhaltungssoftware)
- AESVI (Associazione Editori Software Videoludico Italiana)
- NVPI (Nederlandse Branchevereninging Entertainmentindustrie)
- ADESE (Asociacion Espanola de Distribuidores y Editores de Software de Entretenimiento)
- ELSPA (Entertainment and Leisure Software Publishers Association)
- MDTS (Multimedia, Dator & TV-spel)