Cobra Kai season 5 official trailer Netflix Daniel LaRusso Johnny Lawrence Chozen team up

Cobra Kai Season 5 Official Trailer Sets Up Dozens of Epic Karate Conflicts

Netflix has unleashed the official trailer for Cobra Kai season 5, which premieres September 9 on the service, and basically every scene is about people realizing they have intense problems with other people. It’s terrific! Picking up from the last season, the maniacal Sensei Terry Silver is preparing to take over the Valley with his “no mercy” brand of Cobra Kai karate while Kreese is still in jail for the crime for which he was framed by Silver. (That sentence you just read is factually accurate yet so dumb, and I love it.) Meanwhile, Daniel LaRusso and Johnny Lawrence seemingly choose to dissolve Miyagi-do and Eagle Fang respectively, but it appears to be part of a larger plan to take down Cobra Kai.

Recommended Videos

Perhaps most importantly though, Daniel, Johnny, and freakin’ Chozen are teaming up. And Johnny and Chozen look so cool and tough back to back. Check out the Cobra Kai season 5 official trailer and bask in the cheesy perfection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUR9PYwlNaA

Notably, this new Cobra Kai trailer seems to lack Sean Kanan, who was recently confirmed to be returning as Karate Kid Part III antagonist Mike Barnes. He has only been seen in a single photo so far, creating an air of mystery of how exactly he will be incorporated into the series. We won’t be waiting too long to find out though, with Cobra Kai season 5 just a few weeks away now on Netflix.

Meanwhile, the game Cobra Kai 2: Dojos Rising was also recently announced, bringing a ton of new content and playable characters.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article How Long Are Contestants On The Circle For? Answered
Read Article Every Planet of the Apes Movie, Ranked From Worst to Best
The Planet of the Apes Prequels Were the Last Great Movie Trilogy Rise Dawn of War for Rupert Wyatt Matt Reeves
Read Article Is Yoda in Star Wars: The Acolyte?
Yoda brandishing his lightsaber in Star Wars: Attack of the Clones
Related Content
Read Article How Long Are Contestants On The Circle For? Answered
Read Article Every Planet of the Apes Movie, Ranked From Worst to Best
The Planet of the Apes Prequels Were the Last Great Movie Trilogy Rise Dawn of War for Rupert Wyatt Matt Reeves
Read Article Is Yoda in Star Wars: The Acolyte?
Yoda brandishing his lightsaber in Star Wars: Attack of the Clones
Author
John Friscia
Former Managing Editor at The Escapist. I have been writing about video games since 2018 and editing writing on IT, project management, and video games for around a decade. I have an English degree, but Google was a more valuable learning resource. I taught English in South Korea for a year in 2018, and it was exponentially more fun than living in Pennsylvania. My major passions in life are SNES, Japanese RPGs, Berserk, and K-pop. I'm currently developing the game Boss Saga with my brother, which is guaranteed to change your life and you should buy it.