The artist has recreated some of Game of Thrones‘ more memorable scenes in the style of Japanese ukiyo-e woodblock prints.
Game of Thrones is set in the fictional world of Westeros, which is your run-of-the-mill western fantasy world. But what if it was instead set in feudal Japan? One artist has imagined just that, producing a series of beautiful traditional Japanese ukiyo-e wood block prints depicting the series most memorable scenes. Marvel in their awesomeness below:
If you’re having trouble determining them, the scenes included are:
- Jon Snow’s duel with Qhorin Halfhand
- Bran Stark being carried by his faithful servant, Hodor
- Daenyerys Targaryen with her dragons
- Tyrion Lannister being taken away to Erie castle
- The duel between Robert Baratheon and Rhaegar Targaryen that preceded the events of the TV series
- The Execution of Eddard Stark
These are some pretty sweet pictures, and it definitely reminds me of those awesome Nintendo wood block prints we saw pop up last year. The Game of Throne guys look right at home in feudal Japan, and all of the little touches (such as the death poem in front of Eddard) really make the set.