An anime that made you cry

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

I have to agree with a few people here and say Clannad too, some parts are just heartbreaking!

Aria the Origination, Kanon, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Puella Magi Madoka Magica.
Three of those are my three absolute favourite anime, one was just overbearingly depressing until the end.

Cowboy Bebop made me shed a tear. It's such a bittersweet ending. Harsh, and you don't want it to happen, but at the same time it can't end any other way.

Nothing so far. However last episodes of Rozen Maiden came close to it.

The episode of Gits:SAC where the Tachikomas protect Batou made me tear up

One Piece. Multiple times.

Gundam Seed Destiny
Clannad
Clannad After Story
Clannad Movie
K-ON!!
Kanon
Elfen Lied
Chrono Crusade

Angel Beats Almost made me cry, just almost. Never really cried to any media.

well first of all you watch SUPER gay anime, and clannad sucks you emotionally stunted fools
but anyway, code geass at the end for sure

RahXephon, when that girl dies, and spells out i love you or whatever with the city lights, fuck me, i cried like small child

Akytalusia:
Well, nothing.
Clannad: After Story came pretty damn close a few times, but i held firm.

Oh man, if you've gotta cry, that's the one to do it.

Later episodes of Higurashi came pretty close (when Keiichi realises what he's done), but otherwise little to nothing.

Gunslinger Girl (the manga), Angelica's hospital scene, although it's more that that allowed me to cry for a friend I'd lost.

I love stories that make me want to cry, but actually crying? Pretty much nothing.

Evangelion, that was a pretty intense anime. It's probably the most divisive anime of all time (hate it, or revere it) but you can't deny its depth.

The Kenshin Samurai X OVAs and one scene in FMA: Brotherhood

tugged at me at least a bit, but I've never cried at an anime. I'm in the middle of watching through Elfen Lied and Gurren Lagann, so I'll see about them. surprised me a bit, but it didn't get at me too much.

Clannad and Clannad: After Story. Only anime that ever made me cry.

Oh, you watched Ouran High School Host Club too?
Man, that anime was great: the story was great, the premise was great. You almost cried at the ending that's right?
I had a tear in my eye in Code Geass' debut episode. A MANLY TEAR. Why? Because Lelouch's an absolute badass.

thespyisdead:
the end of Code Geass...

Oh, I certainly remember watching that in French class once. (French name: Le Tombeau des Lucioles)
Good lord, half of the bloody class was practically in tears at the end. I wasn't. Why? I can't, for the life of me, remember why I wasn't crying.

Goddamn you Clannad Afterstory.

It turned me into a sobbing bundle on the floor.

Naeras:
Full Metal Alchemist.

You know which scene I'm talking about if you've read/seen it.

...Nina... :'(

Grave of the Fireflies.

Can't believe there's only one mention of Wolf's Rain so far. Toboe demands your salty tears!
...and nobody here's shed a tear over Ergo Proxy or Trigun?

Definitely checking out Clannad, with all the recommendations it's got. I get the feeling I should have a hanky ready though.

As for anime that's made me cry, there's a couple:

The other one has to be End Of Evangelion:

I couldn't finish the Clannad movie or series... too depressing.

Like others, I cried at the end of Grave of the Fireflies. That anime had impact.

Oh, there was another one... I cannot remember the name of it... Give me a moment. It was a manga about cats. Cat Paradise. That was it. Anyway, it's a manga about talking cats. At the end of it the one cat is just meowing at his owner and it crushed my soul with its finality.

Never have. Came very, very close to it during S-Cry-Ed, when

Adrian Neyland:
The Girl Who Leaped Though Time

I was about to say that Elfen Lied was the only Anime that made me cry, but i remember now that i have cried several time during animes, including The Girl Who Leaped Though Time. That story was really touchi... errh, i mean BLAAARGGH, MONSTERTRUCKS, TITTS, FOOTBALL, aarrghgh!

Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt. I think it was episode 9?

I teared up a little bit.

Nearly cried at summer wars, and then cried MANLY MANLY TEARS at tengen toppa gurren lagann

Elfen Lied, both the anime and the manga. I just want a happy ending, god dammit, it's the few types of media I just wanted everyone to merrily skip into the sunset.

Outlaw Star, not really crying, but sad, because I really didn't want the series to end.

I know this might sound stupid, but I cried at the end of Dragon Ball GT. It was said to see the entire thing come to a close. Goku's final words were what really pushed me though.

The Girl Who Lept Through Time was close, but the ending seemed too happy to cry over, and I ended up watching the English dub, which was kind of crap. Not that bad really, buy not even close to good.

Sorry, but I haven't gotten a chance to see any overly serious or sad stuff, just action and yuri. Well, Strawberry Panic! was like that, but it never made me cry.

None. I've only wept in a handful of live action films, never at a television show or anything animated.

Adding another vote to Grave of the Fireflies and adding Barefoot Gen. Both are true "horrors of war" stories through the eyes of children, and there are absolutely no punches pulled. If you can get through Grave without tearing up, I'm pretty sure you're an emotional cripple.

Clannad - Made me cry couple of times (I hate this anime so much because of that).

Code Geass - Beside being one of the best anime ever it had few moments which made me cry (I wont tell you which part, just watch it).

Edit: code geass's ending was the best ending I ever saw (ever) but it made me cry...

I don't remember crying While watching an anime. But I have cried, thinking about it afterwards. Also I've cried before something happens too.. :P I've had a pretty major part of Clannad: After Story spoiled for me, and when I think about it it makes me so sad, even though I haven't actually gotten to that point in the anime yet.
Another anime that made me at least feel really sad was Rozen Maiden. Both the end of Träumend and the Overtüre episodes. Overtüre is also why Suigintou is one of my favoritest villains of all time. ^.^

Here's a treat (or not :P) for all of you who watched Clannad.

this

Adrian Neyland:
The Girl Who Leaped Though Time

and 5 centimeters per second.

Toradora, during the christmas arch, and usagi drop because of how beautiful it was

I don't cry, especially to anime.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked