I challenge you to find a battle more epic than this!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

I say dial back on the Anime and hit the DC Animated Movies

Y'all better just shut the fuck up now.

Also Gurren Lagann was pretty shit tbh. But then I like very little anime, and I can't work out the trends, grr.

Regardless, BEST EVER AND YA'LL LOSE.

Thaliur:

duckymcfly99:
Do I like anime: Nope
Have I seen that one show?: I have no interest.

Most epic battle? Luke Skywalker vs. Darth Vader in Return of the Jedi. Nuff said.

OK, both of them were quite awesome, but if epicness includes scale, the end of The Peacekeeper Wars is hard to top:

YES, I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers that show.

What? No love for Sword of the Stranger?

lets all stop being nerds and have a
EPIC RAP BATTLE OF HISTORY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFA-rOls8YA

Yes to both questions from OP.

Now assuming we all heard of this little thing called Asura's Wrath recently...

This is a game part-inspired by Gurren Lagaan, God Hand and a possible 3 other crazy-over-the-top works and thats about as good as it gets and the whole game isnt even released yet.

I think it to be worthy competition.

PUT ON THE DAMN GLASSES!

Epic squared.

Prepare for the absolute greatest thing you have ever seen in your life. Tremble before these combatants fearsome power!

Soviet Heavy:
I say dial back on the Anime and hit the DC Animated Movies

Like in the one I posted: The DC movies have such amazing detail in the fighting scenes. And contrair to anime they are reasonable paced.

Do I like anime? No.
Have I seen that show? No.

I guess I shouldn't have posted anything...

Freechoice:

If only because it's the most reasonable unreasonable Gainax production and guitars are cooler than drills.

It's a proven fact. Ride on shooting star!

Either that or BURNING AMERICAN JUSTICE.

I think FLCL's ending would be my #3.

#1 for me goes to the final fight scene in Macross Zero.
#2 goes to the final fight scene in the second season of Birdy: The Mighty.

I am a sucker for mech fights (or mech anime for that matter) and Macross Zero reminds me of playing Robotech on the original Xbox (which was a lot of fun despite several dismal reviews). The reason the final fight scene in the second season of Birdy: The Mighty is so good is because of how amazing the animation gets when the action really goes up. Also, watch Birdy: The Mighty at your earliest convenience, it is way too fucking good.

Freechoice:

If only because it's the most reasonable unreasonable Gainax production and guitars are cooler than drills.

It's a proven fact. Ride on shooting star!

Either that or BURNING AMERICAN JUSTICE.

Why does someone always beat me to it?
And even better, Little Busters!
Or the baseball meteor guitar thing...Yeah, 'thing' is the word for that.
We need a season two.
OT: Yes, Yes I've heard of it, no, I haven't seen it. Is it just the ending that's good, or is it worth watching the whole thing?

Asita:

Dude.... that was fucking incredible. I've never seen that movie, but that one scene alone told me all I needed to know about both characters just through the way they fight.

While not really a battle, I always found the chess duels between The Crusader and Death to be very memorable.

Oh, and how could I forget to mention the ultimate rivalry between Fisthead and the Pinata? (a bit NSFW)

That pokemon one from hazy was close, but I think this one wins

Even has some nice music with it

[edit] low quality though, \qq

Naaaaaaaaaah.

Oldie, but goldie.

Let me show you epic.

The Death Star is cruising along the galaxy on a plan to destroy Earth. It will be in range in exactly 24 hours, but on board there is a problem. Some rogue stowaway has been causing all sorts of trouble. With the emperor absent the officers on board are thinking of ways to deal with the stowaway when blast doors open behind them to reveal a horrifying sight. There sits Darth Vader, dead, and wearing a santa hat. Written on him in blood is the message "Ho ho ho now I have a light saber".

So now the question is, can John Mcclane stop the Death Star from destroying Earth?

And if you know where I got this battle without searching for it, you're my new friend.

pfeh Simon and Kamina aint got shit on Noriko and Kazumi

taht said if they are going to release a with both Gunbuster and TTGL I DEMAND they include a Gurren Lagann+Gunbuster combo attack
also Kamina wanted to be like Noriko when he was a little boy
PS
forgot to answer your questions:
Yes especially Mech anime,s
and yes even though I saw Gunbuster afterwards I still think it,s better then TTGL

Sorry folks, Dante takes this one.

Asita:

That literally brought tears to my eyes. The fights, the expressions, the music; Everything was perfect, even though I've never even heard of this film before.

OT: The charge of the Rohirrim in LOTR: Return of the King always makes the hairs on my neck stand up.

And though it's actually a very small skirmish, this one is frakking brilliant as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_jI8lmQivA

EDIT: Ninja'd through spoiler tags I neglected to read with the LOTR one.

Rollins vs Black Flag Concertgoer. Also the reason I could never attend a hardcore punk concert.

Warachia:

Thaliur:

duckymcfly99:
Do I like anime: Nope
Have I seen that one show?: I have no interest.

Most epic battle? Luke Skywalker vs. Darth Vader in Return of the Jedi. Nuff said.

OK, both of them were quite awesome, but if epicness includes scale, the end of The Peacekeeper Wars is hard to top:

YES, I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers that show.

Well, I can't not remember it. It's my reference for evaluating any new Science Fiction I encounter.
Now that I'm thinking about it, it's probably the only show to ever feature a pregnant woman and a woman carrying a newborn baby right at the frontline of a galactic war. To top it off, the baby was even born DURING battle... Sebacean women are frightening...

Nothing can beat this.

ZehMadScientist:
Do you like anime? Yes.

If so, have you seen Gurren Lagann the series? Yes.

It was an epic battle, indeed. But the most epic battle of all time, ever, has got to be this:

That was so absolutely hilarious that I have to thank you from the bottom of my heart for posting it as it's put a smile on my face that simply won't go away...though you know this makes me wonder...if the principal was going to wear a wig why didn't he wear one with a little more coverage?

This is obviously the most epic fight evaaa!

sorry, its not subbed. the video i had in mind did, but it was taken down due to copyright.

Well there's
DBZ (Dragon Ball Z)
FMA (Full Metal Alchemist)
FMP (Full Metal Panic)
Naruto
Bleach
Fairy Tail
Samurai Champloo
Soul Eater
and many more with nice fight scenes in them.

Wonno:
Got to say the fight that made my jaw hit the floor has to be Kurosaki Ichigo vs Cifer Ulquiorra, infinitely better than Aizen. When death doesn't stop you, and all it takes it the cry of Orihime to make you virtually undefeatable, there isn't much than can compete.

Best video I could find quickly:

yeah this fight, the fight between ichigo and grimmjow, and this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvpYEfLsgWY are the most epic fights ever

Mazalan Book of the Fallen series, I bought the first one in a batch of books so I'd have summin to read during the holidays, when I read the first books, before even finishing it, I went back to the store to get the other books as far as the where published.
There were moments where you just get absorbed it the writhing, you live with the characters and (I did at least) felt actual sorrow when one would befall something tragic.

By now I've read the series (10 books of at least 800pages) about 3 times :P
And still, I discover new links between the books and a feeling of absorbing...

Sorry, got carried away...

Read them and find out for yerself!

llew:

Wonno:
Got to say the fight that made my jaw hit the floor has to be Kurosaki Ichigo vs Cifer Ulquiorra, infinitely better than Aizen. When death doesn't stop you, and all it takes it the cry of Orihime to make you virtually undefeatable, there isn't much than can compete.

Best video I could find quickly:

yeah this fight, the fight between ichigo and grimmjow, and this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvpYEfLsgWY are the most epic fights ever

I fully agree with both, yet I find the ending of Equilibrium fit's in as well

This is pretty epic but judging by the preivous posts are they meant to be funny fights?

There are some pretty good fight scenes in this thread. And to my surprise a lot of those are from anime that I seemed to have missed.

Gatx:
This

It's made crazier with the fact that these two guys, Sanada Yukimura and Date Masamune are actual historical figures.

Seen the anime. Awesome fights, but lacking in other things.

Leemaster777:
How about this one?

I remember that one. It was a good scene.

getoffmycloud:
This has to beat anything ever

WTF did I just watch?

Freezy_Breezy:
Y'all better just shut the fuck up now.

Also Gurren Lagann was pretty shit tbh. But then I like very little anime, and I can't work out the trends, grr.

Regardless, BEST EVER AND YA'LL LOSE.

Crazy Indians... I have seen more of these crazy scenes. There is also that fight in the train. Guess they never heard of the laws of physics down there. :)

gigastar:
Yes to both questions from OP.

Now assuming we all heard of this little thing called Asura's Wrath recently...

This is a game part-inspired by Gurren Lagaan, God Hand and a possible 3 other crazy-over-the-top works and thats about as good as it gets and the whole game isnt even released yet.

I think it to be worthy competition.

Looks awesome, but my console broke down, so I can't play it.

henritje:
pfeh Simon and Kamina aint got shit on Noriko and Kazumi

taht said if they are going to release a with both Gunbuster and TTGL I DEMAND they include a Gurren Lagann+Gunbuster combo attack
also Kamina wanted to be like Noriko when he was a little boy
PS
forgot to answer your questions:
Yes especially Mech anime,s
and yes even though I saw Gunbuster afterwards I still think it,s better then TTGL

I gotta see this series. I have heard the name, but never got a chance to watch it.

Safe in the Dark:

Sorry folks, Dante takes this one.

Played DMC; epic fight. You should definitely check out Bayonetta. Bayonetta goes even more crazy.

Cyfu:
This is obviously the most epic fight evaaa!

sorry, its not subbed. the video i had in mind did, but it was taken down due to copyright.

Looks awesome. Gintama was already on my to watch list. But now I am going to give it more attention.

Qitz:

iBagel:
Pretty much the entirety of Dead Leaves is amazin. the animation is god tier the action is so OTT its ridiculous and its funny too.

Sure, or was it the guy with a drill bit dick that you liked :P

Though I was going to say something else, Dead Leaves reminded me of Triple 6 and Triple 7 so yeah. Awesomeness. That and the giant caterpillar at the end, god the drugs that team was on.

Hope you have 50min to spare.

Words..can't describe...should have sent a poet...THANK YOU FOR SHOWING ME THAT

Berserk. The Band of the Hawk vs. the Demon God Emperor.

Are "epic" and "over the top" the same thing?
No.
No they are not.
They're similar and often overlap, but there is a very definite difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHPOnWczkXc

Personally, I think a lot of the Avatar: The Last Airbender battles are awesome. ;D

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked