Ignoring the discussion posts

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

I'm sorry OP, I thought the seventh season of Stargate SG-1 was the best of the series with a close second (very close) being the second season.

Also, wooden posts are better than metal ones. Just seems more... suburban.

Yeah... the posters with the silhouette of the hero walking slowly towards the camera, with the background blurred with blue and/or orange?

They piss me off too.

I haven't read any posts but my own, but you are all wrong, lion king was not the best disney movie :P

My god, who cares about weather or not the PC is better than consoles!

Daystar Clarion:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:
Yeah, I do know those posts.

Look guys, YOU ARE NEVER THE ONLY ONE. EVER. Please understand this.

I bet I'm the only one who enjoys a spot of labotomy while beating a priest to death with siamese badgers.

Black or gray furred badgers?

Captcha: Death key Hmm, key~note, Death note? I can kill someone from the chat?! Jedward, lightning strike!

Daystar Clarion:
I bet I'm the only one who enjoys a spot of labotomy while beating a priest to death with siamese badgers.

As evidenced by some of the other posts, you aren't the only one. However, I just want to say: I got four of the pious suckers once back in '88 without waking my badgers. Top that!
...Although I can't remember what the lobotomy was for, or who was performing it on me at the time. I guess that means it was a success.

-

OT: I'm not as familiar with the history of these forums as some of the others here, but it seems to me that whenever someone does post without taking the OP and/or the rest of the thread into consideration, their post is just ignored by everyone.

A Satanic Panda:
Seriously, stop it with the My Little Pony hate. It's getting old fast. The more you hate it, the more we'll like it. If you don't want to see ponies, don't go into/make post about them /thread

No no no, you can't /thread yourself, you need someone to /thread for you!

Ok, I've got the package, I'll meet you in Mexico.

What?! I thought we were going to discuss this in private!
Now everyone can see!

Daystar Clarion:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:
Yeah, I do know those posts.

Look guys, YOU ARE NEVER THE ONLY ONE. EVER. Please understand this.

its called lobotomy.
wait. i see, its working..

I'm sorry to hear your Sister died, but it honestly sounded like she had it coming, she should have known better, you should be blaming her and not your dog. Dogs can carry diseases just like any human.

Daystar Clarion:

Fappy:

Daystar Clarion:
How dare you!

My mother is a saint!

I surprised he didn't mention his hatred of thread de-railers too >:O

You know not what you provoke, mortal.

Stand down.

So, did you hear? Martians escaped from a Wal-Mart in Oklahoma six hours ago! I tried to stop them[1], but my advanced alien-fighting ways were seen as too advanced by the police and I was detained under the assumption of 'helping' cause the whole incident. But I probably shouldn't say anymore, we don't want to derail this thread ...

OT: Oh yeah, THOSE posts. I hate those ones.

[1] A thrilling tale to be sure

Yes, I never understood the phrase 'deaf as a post' but one day I spoke to one and I shit you not, it was like it didn't even know I was there.

Wow, this level of coordination is ridiculous. To see an entire thread consistently derailing the topic for the lulz, I swear I must have taken a wrong turn on the internet and ended up in FourChan.

Also, I didn't really see what the problem was with Dragon Age Two, it's a different game people, completely different splinter teams. It is to be expected that they're different.

Wrong.
Deadpool is, and will always be, the best superhero of all time.

Yes, Jim Sterling is in fact a god among men.

I knew someone out there had to like the Kamigawa block...

im pretty sure that the skyrim DLC will be as good as the rest of the game was so there not real need to worry

Daystar Clarion:
How dare you!

My mother is a saint!

It looks like I I'm not on the background Redlin5 made... fuck...

Lumber Barber:

A Satanic Panda:
Seriously, stop it with the My Little Pony hate. It's getting old fast. The more you hate it, the more we'll like it. If you don't want to see ponies, don't go into/make post about them /thread

No no no, you can't /thread yourself, you need someone to /thread for you!

You mere mortals cannot. However, we who walk among the God's can.

/thread.

Heh. Sorry about the misleading post title. I (think) I fixed it.

You know, I sort of expect one or two wise-asses to ironically ignore the OP, but this is too funny. Thanks Escapist, made my day :D

Mambo Hogs Angling Gas Gab.

I have spoken.

Dasick:
You know those posts where the poster reads skims the topic title and posts, without really reading what the original post is all about, and disregarding the discussion up until their entry? That should be put to an end. It's annoying to constantly come across these one post wonders, they contribute nothing to the discussion and they bloat the page count.

I've been lurking a lot on these forums. There are many interesting threads and discussions floating around, but unfortunately I am unable to participate. You know why? Because I take the time to read a thread before making my own post, to see where the discussion is at the moment. That includes reading those one-posters, realising that I've just read trash (I mean no offence but that is what I feel it is - empty noise), load the next page and realise it's full of the same kinds of posters.

Taking the time to read the thoughts of your fellow Escapists is IMHO worthwhile. You might learn something new, consider a new perspective and be pleasantly surprised that not everyone on this big blue marble of ours is an idiot.

EDIT: changed title to betetr reflect the thread. Sorry was a dick move on my part

well, seems i am in the minority here, but i agree wholeheartily

99% of all posts here were trolls, and yep i did read them, sadly ... the days of this being a better community than most of the fouler pits of the internet is long gone

edit: though did not see where you thought they were funny ... maybe i am alone then ><

Kragg:
99% of all posts here were trolls, and yep i did read them, sadly ... the days of this being a better community than most of the fouler pits of the internet is long gone

The Escapist community typically is a more intellectual one...
That doesn't mean for a second that it's a better behaved community :P

Comando96:

Kragg:

The Escapist community typically is a more interlectual one...

You mean intellectual, right?

Kungfu_Teddybear:

Yes... dyslexia strikes again xD

Comando96:

Kungfu_Teddybear:

Yes... dyslexia strikes again xD

I apologise. I'm not usually one to point out people's mistakes as my own spelling and grammar isn't exactly perfect. But the irony of that post was just too much to resist.

No, you're wrong, Odysseus was an epic douchebag, I don't understand why he is so popular.
I propose that Diomedes was the best character in the whole Iliad, he was just unadulterated awesome and zero angst. Seriously, dude punched Aphrodite and got away with it (really though, she needed to stop coddling Paris anyway). He doesn't get stabbed in the nipple and he doesn't pitch a fit.
Nestor, tamer of horses, is also pretty awesome, I'm glad we're agreed on that one.

Comando96:

Kragg:

Having fun does not equal worse behaviour though. This isn't like a maths lesson or something, it's a forum where you can talk about anything you want. Of course people are just going to co operate in a thread like this to just dick around, it's human nature. If the Escapist didn't have these types of threads THEN I would be worried.

ToastiestZombie:

Comando96:

Kragg:

Having fun does not equal worse behaviour though.

Well that depends on what you're doing for fun. If someone is running around smashing windows for fun, they may be having fun, but it's still bad behaviour.

Daystar Clarion:
How dare you!

My mother is a saint!

Well, if you include "Patron Saint of Rimjobs" as an actual ecclesiastical posting, you may actually be correct....

Edit: I kid.

Mostly.

Kragg:
well, seems i am in the minority here, but i agree wholeheartily

edit: though did not see where you thought they were funny ... maybe i am alone then ><

Once you've crossed the line six or seven times (like this thread has), sometimes, you just can't take it seriously anymore.

There has to be something said for sheer consistency...

SEXTON HALE:
Just jumping in for the hell of it :p

I think that is what everyone else is doing. Poor thread...it never stood a chance...

Guys, guys, guys... Clearly we can all agree that waffles truly are better that pancakes. Belgian style with some whip cream on top just simply can't be beat. Plus, the syrup traps are the best inventions of any pastry.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked