48.9% (219)
48.9% (219)
fuck your country and i hope you burn in hell
8% (36)
8% (36)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: What do other country think of america

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

after reading this thread http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.368368-Chanting-U-S-A-Racism? it got me thinking about how the rest of the world thinks about are history(like the the revolutionary war),culture, and are present state. please be honest with me OK.

Well it seems to have rather bad spelling issues... I hear they shoot people for that over there.

Well here in Canada we don't really hate Americans, even if we do consider them to be an inferior culture in general.

A lot of us do take issue with America's portrayal of WW2 though, how they ignore every other country's contributions and even take credit for famous battles they didn't win. Also quite rich when you consider most of the world still looks down upon America for joining the war two years late.

America is the combination of South America and North America. I think it's funny that citizens of USA seem to believe their country spans two continents. I understand that this is just a colloquialism, and no one really believes it, but if a brit started talking about Europe being occupied solely by other brits people would look at him as if he was an imbecile

are you really American?

I quite like Americans.

Yes I may have friendly digs at them but it's all in humour.

Being a Brit we only see bits in our media and that we do see is usually someone loud with the IQ of a half eaten pickled egg.

But I met a hell of a lot of US folks during my army days, mostly other soldiers but quite a few civvies as well, and most of them were pretty decent folks.

Regnes:
Well here in Canada we don't really hate Americans, even if we do consider them to be an inferior culture in general.

A lot of us do take issue with America's portrayal of WW2 though, how they ignore every other country's contributions and even take credit for famous battles they didn't win. Also quite rich when you consider most of the world still looks down upon America for joining the war two years late.

Here in the UK we value Canadas contribution to WW2. I'm pretty sure it's taught in high school history classes.

Well most americans I've encountered online think the USA is the greatest at everything especially sports. That said all escapist members from USA seem to be very pleasant people. I'm not a fan of the USA's government treating the UK like it's bitch.

EDIT: I love american sit coms, some food ideas are hilarious I like it seriously spreadable marshmallow

TheOmenCorpse:
America is the combination of South America and North America. I think it's funny that citizens of USA seem to believe their country spans two continents. I understand that this is just a colloquialism, and no one really believes it, but if a brit started talking about Europe being occupied solely by other brits people would look at him as if he was an imbecile

It seems so much easier to call those the Americas, and I'm pretty sure that's how it's usually done.

Your choices start at the mediocre and then go down from there, what if I wanted to say I loved you guys, eh? EH? I'd have to go with "it's ok".
ot I'm an englander and think you guys are just fine. Everyone's wants to pay their bills, look after their kids and have fun. People only tend to bring up this stuff to hide something bigger or worse and the butt is usually a politician or FOX, don;t worry about it. :)

Mortai Gravesend:

TheOmenCorpse:

It seems so much easier to call those the Americas, and I'm pretty sure that's how it's usually done.

Call it a pet peeve, but I always think it implies a level of arrogance you do not see in other countries.

TheOmenCorpse:

Mortai Gravesend:

TheOmenCorpse:

Call it a pet peeve, but I always think it implies a level of arrogance you do not see in other countries.

How many other countries have a name that can really only easily be shortened to part of the name of the continent? I'm not sure how I'm arrogant for having no better word to call myself.

While I don't agree with a lot of your typical American's views, as an Englishman I find them a friendly and interesting people, which is lucky I guess because I'll be going over there to work in less than two months time.

I dont want Americans to die and burn in hell, I want America to die and burn in hell, if you know what I mean.

Although I guess without the Vietnam war we would have never had that hilarious scene at the end of "A fish called Wanda", so that makes up for all the dead people.

overpuce:
I'm a US American and it seems that there are fellow US Americans that hate us just as much as the perceived hatred coming from other countries. Honestly, we're a country that makes mistakes and I don't think there's a country out there that has never made a mistake.

We in Europe spend our time glancing across the pond occasionally, turning away again to shake our heads and smile in pain.

Thats why we cover the elections - not because we give a shit, but because it makes us feel better about ourselves. No matter how fucked up shit is, the republicans are always topping it.

TheOmenCorpse:

Mortai Gravesend:

TheOmenCorpse:

Honestly, are you just looking for something to take offense with this? We shorten the United States of America to "America" for the same reason we change People's Republic of China to "China", the United Mexican States to "Mexico", and so on. Yes, it happens to share part of its name with the American continents. That's not arrogance, but coincidence. For God's sake.

Same ratio of shitheads to geniuses as everywhere, I guess, except maybe skewed a bit in the "geniuses" direction because of all that intellectual immigration business.

I do have some issues with views commonly accepted over there, but I do realize it's a result of past propaganda and cultural differences, not some ancient and incurable evil lurking inside of every American.

Though I don't think I can be viewed as a representative of the whole of my country (Ukraine). We never quite got over the Cold War bullshit en masse.

Where getting of topic here. I've been to alot of places recently. The Philippines, Singapore, Hong kong, Thailand, Guam, I live in japan. and before I joined the navy... dont do that by the way lol makes this net and game savy life style hard.... any way before the military I had been round Europe after taking holiday in Reading England for the Reading rock festivle. and whilst we pull into the back end of every place... or at least our presence seems to corrupt these place aside from the people seeing every american they see as a pay day the general feeling i get from them is that if were respectful of them and there culture while we are there they like us and are completely indifferent if not a little envious of america the news seems to always fine these small niche groups of anti american people and blows the idea up into the entire nation having this view, but really there small isolated groups.

I'm from Canada, and i generally like Americans.

ToTaL LoLiGe:

Regnes:

Here in the UK we value Canadas contribution to WW2. I'm pretty sure it's taught in high school history classes.

I can vouch for that - we got taught about the Commonwealth's contribution to the war, and in particular Canada's actions in Europe. It really pisses me off that they always seem to get forgotten, especially on D-day, where they covered just as much ground as the Brits and Americans.

Chemical Alia:

TheOmenCorpse:

Mortai Gravesend:

Honestly, are you just looking for something to take offense with this? We shorten the United States of America to "America" for the same reason we change People's Republic of China to "China", the United Mexican States to "Mexico", and so on. Yes, it happens to share part of its name with the American continents. That's not arrogance, but coincidence. For God's sake.

'The States' is a shortened version of the United States of America, also USA.

TheOmenCorpse:

Chemical Alia:

TheOmenCorpse:

'The States' is a shortened version of the United States of America, also USA.

Not officially, and not often used by people under the age of 70.

Thing is you let your idiots into the world's view, others have learned to keep them away from media.

JoJo:
While I don't agree with a lot of your typical American's views, as an Englishman I find them a friendly and interesting people, which is lucky I guess because I'll be going over there to work in less than two months time.

Hey, as a member living in the nations capital, let me extend a warm hand in friendly greeting!! (and all that.)

OT: Eh. Could be better here. Parts of it could be a LOT better. But the people are the same as anywhere else, some nice some not. But I live here, so I don't count in this thread.

Mr.K.:
Well it seems to have rather bad spelling issues... I hear they shoot people for that over there.

Oddly enough that's the only thing you won't get shot for over here.
We have a really high gun violence rate here.

ToTaL LoLiGe:

Regnes:

As far as I can tell, it's not that high school history classes here in the US ignore Canada's contributions to WW2; rather the problem is that they just teach so little of the war that the only thing people learn is that the Nazis were involved and that Americans were fighting said Nazis. The rest of the average American's education on WW2 comes from movies and videogames.

A cheeseburger-inhaling pack of overly political idiots who couldn't possibly agree on anything even when their country is facing the most dire consequences.
That's what I dislike about America; how their entire society from what is and isn't politically relevant still somehow relates to politics.

I'm convinced there's no race in the world that Americans hate more than other Americans. That's what I hate about the country; the aggressive lack of comradeship and brotherly love between 'political groups' who disagree with each other.

Republicans are idiots, Democrats are idiots, Conservatives are idiots, and Liberals are idiots... pretty much anyone who makes up their mind before they hear the issue is a fool.

I'm from America, and I like America. Kinda.

Actually to be honest with you, it sort of divides into which states are more chill. Here in AZ, you're scientifically more likely to find a douchebag than in most states.

But places like Vermont, where they tend to not really give a shit, they're pretty chill guys.

Just learn to avoid the opinionated states (generally the red ones), and it'll be smooth sailing.

I think most of you are ok but you do have a lot of idiots. Also I hate your gun laws.

I had an assumption your education system was shockingly poor. I see that I was correct. There's more than one country outside of America, yah know.

In all seriousness, I've been to America several times and know several Americans quite close, and in general I get on fine with most of them. What I do think is absolutely fucking bizarre is how politicians in the States can get away with some truly disgusting things and not suffer for it. Take this example -

If a politician in the UK had said something like that even in a private phone call and got caught, he would have been publicly lynched.

You're far too religious. Other than that, meh.

Although I can never quite work out if you vote for retards because you actually want them in any position of power, or because they're rich enough to get there and you just feel you should vote for someone.

I mean really, I may not be a fan of the Conservatives over here, but they're a shining beacon of light compared to the supposed creme of the Republican crop.

You guys are the most brazenly patriotic nation I can think of. It's incredibly annoying. Then again I dislike any nationalism. We live in a world where I can chat daily with people living anywhere in the world, for the price of an internet connection. Countries are fast becoming obsolete concepts and everytime I hear "God bless America!" I cringe at the idea that there are still people who sincerely think like that.

Well I'm from Canada. Strictly speaking from a geographic stand point I think they're pretty cool guys, they make a nice chair.

Rich, successful, a powerful ally to have on your side, creator of many great things, but bat-shit crazy. The state of American politics is just . . . I'm simultaneously disgusted and slightly enthralled. It's more like a reality TV show than politics.

Oh, and a lot of your patriotism can come off as downright arrogant at times.

TheOmenCorpse:

Mortai Gravesend:

TheOmenCorpse:

I think your looking to deeply in simple terminology that no American even considers. In other words I think your making something out of nothing. The United States of America is a mouthful shorting it to just American or the States seems logical enough to me.

Those are some really terrible poll options overall. No real room to voice any real opinions...

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked