14.5% (48)
14.5% (48)
7-10 days
9.1% (30)
9.1% (30)
A long time.
14.2% (47)
14.2% (47)
What do you mean? Are pants not supposed to be permanently affixed to your legs?
6.7% (22)
6.7% (22)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: How frequently do you change your pants?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

I'll wear a shirt twice. I'll wear jeans 3-4 times. I wash my hoodie once a month.

Psh who needs to change pants? Mine pants can stand by themselves when I'm not even wearing them!

Acrisius:
We have red pants in europe..?

No wonder the average American wastes 2-3 times as much energy as the average European :O

A common American stereotype is that European men wear "odd colored" (read: not blue or black) jeans. I personally think the "wear it once" mentality is a bit insane for pants. One of our tenants does it, I swear he does laundry more than once a week.

3-4 days unless they get really dirty for whatever reason.

2-3 days? I don't pay much attention to my pants. Fun fact: unless I'm going out, I don't like to wear a shirt. I'm very anti-clothes most of the time.

Probably a month or so. I don't count.

I do know that I need to wash them more frequently, not to remove dirt, but to rest them and wear other trousers. I've found that if I don't rotate them often enough they wear out quicker.

During the winter, sweatpants and pajamas every four days, and jeans about every month and a half. During the summer, my shorts will get changed every week and a half-ish

Suit? Only wear them for a day. Throw them in the washing machine upon returning home, switch into jeans.
Jeans? I am genuinely unaware of the last time I washed my jeans.

edit

I usually can only wear my pants for 3 or 4 days at a time before I have to change them. Shirts 2 days at most. However when I have social gatherings I need to go to like school or the mall I most certainly will change into something fresh to appear presentable.

Jeans get cleaned every 3 or 4 days for me, as far as jeans go. Suits...dry clean after every use. Leather...dependent on recent events.

Wait, changing your clothing once each day is not the norm? I always assumed it was.

Innegativeion:
Wait, changing your clothing once each day is not the norm? I always assumed it was.

How very wasteful! :P

Generally every few days I'll change what I'm wearing. Unless I'm going out some where, then I put on fresh clothes. What I wear pretty much consists of either faded blue jeans, or khaki/camo pants.

I change into pyjamas when I'm at home. When I say that, I don't mean my body undergoes a metamorphosis, I take my outside world clothes of and put my pyjamas on. This pyjama-changing means my trousers have less time to get dirty or whatever, allowing me to wear them for a week, if I want to. However, I usually only wear then for two days, as I feel any longer will make me less civilized somehow. I'm still waiting for the day the stigma against pyjamas dissipates, and the world can finally be happy.

Dags90:

TheBobmus:
Why wash a pair of jeans after one wear? I just... I don't understand. Why would you buy that many pairs of jeans/do that much washing per week?

She hates the environment, obviously. I bet she uses a tumble dryer, too.

Really though, this is a bit of an American thing, like with the naked children. A lot of Americans, especially those better off, are very anal about laundry/clothes. I remember in high school it was considered "gross" for anyone to wear anything more than once a week.

That's no American thing. Most people I know where the same pants 2-7 days in a row, unless they're less-than-casual.

Jeans? Jeans don't need to be washed, for they never get dirty. They get worn.

People actually wear pants? i'm kidding, i change them everyday.

ZeroMachine:
That's no American thing. Most people I know where the same pants 2-7 days in a row, unless they're less-than-casual.

Maybe there are parts of the U.S. where "wear it once" isn't the norm, but you really won't find it outside of the U.S. was my point. It'd be interesting to find out places in the U.S. where it is and isn't the norm.

I change them after they start feeling dirty

anthony87:
Jeans? Jeans don't need to be washed, for they never get dirty. They get worn.

I couldn't have said it any better. You truly are the voice of reason.

Much like the meme suggests, I wear trousers for a maximum of a week, no longer.

Shirts on the other hand I change up a lot, if I don't it's because I'm wearing an undershirt; in which case I would change the undershirt on a daily basis.

I rarely wear anything below the knee, shorts galore for this laddie!

Captcha: Total Shamble - Well that sums up my fashion sense

Jonluw:
Hiya escapists.

In keeping with my theme of asking people about weird and/or trivial aspects of their lives, I have decided today is time to ask you about pants.

Tell me: For how many days in a row will you normally wear a pair of pants[1]?
To flesh out your post some more: What kind of pants do you normally wear? What kind do you prefer to wear?

I think I normally wear my jeans for 3 or 4 days at a time.

I wear jeans, which technically can remain clean for weeks.
Pajama pants only stay clean for three days, though.

[1] Trousers for you British folks, I guess.

Thyunda:

Jonluw:

Your coat has the Team Gurren logo on it...

That it does.
Because Team Gurren is awesome.
I also have the Mawaru penguindrum logo on one pocket and the HTT logo on another. Along with some of the conspiracy creatures from Welcome to the NHK.

Jeans only get washed when they're visibly dirty.

Once I read of a study that took bacteria readings from pants that had been worn for a week and pants that were worn every day for a year. No substantial difference apparently. Although I wouldn't wear mine for more that 5 or 6 days total without washing them.

Suit trouses, lounge shorts and cargos get washed after a week of interchanged usage. My jeans don't get washed unless they get visibly dirty or stained. However I've noticed that my girlfriend has to have a bajillion pairs of pants at any one time to change every day.

2 pairs of pants can easily last 2 weeks, alternating back and forth every day.

4 shirts can do the same. Laundry every 2 weeks, nobody has complained about a smell yet so I figure I'm on a good schedule.

I change my slacks on a daily basis, but jeans? Shit, I don't even remember the last time I've washed that one pair I always use.

When they fall off me.

I only have one pair of jeans at a time, which I wash weekly/twice a week depending on use. I buy new ones either when I change a size or when they fall to pieces.

Of course I change my pants daily, as everyone should. It's trousers you're thinking of.

TheBobmus:

Dags90:

TheBobmus:
Why wash a pair of jeans after one wear? I just... I don't understand. Why would you buy that many pairs of jeans/do that much washing per week?

She hates the environment, obviously. I bet she uses a tumble drier, too.

Really though, this is a bit of an American thing, like with the naked children. A lot of Americans, especially those better off, are very anal about laundry/clothes. I remember in high school it was considered "gross" for anyone to wear anything more than once a week.

That's bizarre! I don't know anyone that'd wash clean trousers after less than a week - even when we all wore suits it was just two suits alternated per fortnight. And after one day?! Wow.
As a student, that sounds like way too much effort.

My parents instilled this bullshit "if you've worn it at all then it's dirty" mentality that I haven't been able to kick. I've been known to wear a set of pants for five minutes, be told to change (because apparently it disturbs people when I wear shorts and a t-shirt in the middle of winter), and I'll throw them in the washing basket.

Jeans aren't really supposed to be washed more than like once a month unless they're COVERED in mud. I don't wash them much therefore. Other trousers it's one day as I am a very sweaty man.

I have separate bum around the house pants and going out pants. I change each whenever they get visibly smeggy.

and btw pants are called pants. The only pants that are called trousers are the ones Americans call 'slacks'.

I wear a new pair everyday. I have a chronic fear that I will smell real bad if I wear them twice. I have 3 pairs and do the washing about 2-3 times a week. And I also shower twice a day and I use so much deoderant it's not funny.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked