I have a 9.

Authority: 0.00
Self-Sufficiency: 2.00
Superiority: 2.00
Exhibitionism: 0.00
Exploitativeness: 0.00
Vanity: 0.00
Entitlement: 5.00

Most of the questions are bullshit though; you can't give decent answers. For most of them I found myself agreeing with both sides and my actual answer was reflective of either both or something outside the options they gave me entirely.

Your Total: 7
Authority: 1.00
Superiority: 1.00
Exploitativeness: 2.00
Vanity: 1.00
Entitlement: 0.00

MiracleOfSound:
19, hehe. The two big fields were Superiority and Exhibitionism. :D

Is net celebrity getting to you Gavin? Pushing you up towards narcissism? WHAT HAVE WE DONE?! :p

lol, 20 apparently.

Authority: 2.00
Self-Sufficiency: 4.00
Superiority: 5.00
Exhibitionism: 1.00
Exploitativeness: 4.00
Vanity: 2.00
Entitlement: 2.00

Cyrus Hanley:
And statements like, "If I ruled the world it would be a better place." who wouldn't think that??

EDIT: I meant that to mean who wouldn't think the world would be a better place if they were the one ruling it.

I wouldn't for a start. I'd think anyone with a reasonable notion of their own capabilities would think it. It's fun to joke around about what the world would be like if we were in charge, but think about it realistically. It takes an extraordinary person just to run a large company successfully. Very few of us could do it. It takes an incredible person to successfully run just one country, and the larger/more complex the country the more likely they will need to delegate major decisions to others. How could anyone possibly think they would be able to rule the entire world with all of its different cultures, countries, needs, and wants without being a narcissist?

I think this question is actually quite good because it gets to what's really the difference between a confident person and a narcissist. Despite scoring very low on the Narcissist scale, I feel totally confident being in certain leadership roles- namely leadership roles in organizations in my field of expertise related to leadership roles I've already undertaken. I have confidence based on my experiences and achievements, but that doesn't mean I'm remotely qualified to lead anything outside my field of expertise. A narcissist can't make that distinction, because they think so highly of themselves and have so little respect for the people around them. It's inconceivable to a narcissist that there would be anything they can't succeed at.

Wow wasn't expecting a 16. Apparently I'm vain. Now you'll have to excuse me I need to go and check my hair in the mirror.

Authority: 3.00
Self-Sufficiency: 3.00
Exhibitionism: 2.00
Vanity: 3.00
Entitlement: 1.00

Had a quick look at other quizzes on the website and saw this. Made me lol.

"For helping to determine whether you have symptoms commonly associated with adult attention deficit disorder (ADHD/ADD). This is a quick, 6 question quiz."

Total: 27

Authority: 8.00
Superiority: 3.00
Exhibitionism: 4.00
Entitlement: 6.00

Found more info on both NPD and treatment. I found myself wondering through all of it why anyone would want treatment..?

I don't feel particularly inhibited by my superserious webdiagnose.

Your total: 7

Authority:0.00
Self-Sufficiency:0.00
Superiority:0.00
Exhibitionism:0.00
Exploitativeness:2.00
Vanity:0.00
Entitlement:5.00

I'm apparently an entitled brat... Huh, that's news to me.
(I don't really think I am)

JoJo:

Woah, the Escapist record so far! Not a particularly good test though since it can't differentiate between someone who erroneously believes they are better than others and someone who actually is better

That's not the point of narcissism. It's not a measure of false belief in yourself, it's a measure of your assumptions of your own abilities and talents. Whether or not you were really good at the things you thought yourself great at would have no bearing over the your status as a narcissist, if you were one.

More Fun To Compute:

snip

lol. This is why Doctor is regarded as the number one aspirational career for the narcissist. Much like CEO is the favourite of the psychopath or programmer the favourite of the high functional autistic.

"Regarded"? By whom? By someone who attributes success to personality disorders, because they have none of their own, I'd guess.

I don't aspire to be a doctor. I am one.

If you read my post, you'll see that I stated that I would almost certainly have scored lower when my achievements were fewer, because I had less to be proud of. Increased achievement = increased self-regard. If you haven't achieved anything, you've nothing to be proud of. If you've achieved things and you're not proud, then you're a self-flagellating masochist. People who have achieved success in their realm of endeavor, whatever their realm of endeavor, should be proud, assuming it's an honorable pursuit.

Suggesting otherwise is absurd.

My total was 20
Superiority: 5.00

And then it warned me that I might have narcissistic personality disorder, how dare it accuse me of such things I'm perfect xD (the last part was intended as a joke but the results were serious)

I scored 20. I'm ok with that.

Authority: 4.00
Exhibitionism: 3.00
Entitlement: 4.00

Bara_no_Hime:

Superiority: 6.00
Exhibitionism: 7.00
Vanity: 5.00
Entitlement: 3.00

Ha! I'm better than all of you!

Superiority: 4.00

You vain asshole.

You win this time.

18, which I feel is pretty accurate. I should probably work on my superiority issues, but I don't feel bad about my high exploitativeness score. I take what I need and give what I can afford in return. That sounds like a perfectly logical approach to me, but I'm apparently a narcissist, so what do I know.

Absolutely goddamn everything.

Bara_no_Hime:

Superiority: 6.00
Exhibitionism: 7.00
Vanity: 5.00

Ha! I'm better than all of you!

Jesus, you beat me on exhibitionism, I'm a stand up comedian who happens to go streaking a lot... like a lot.

Anyway, 19

Exhibitionism: 6.00
Exploitativeness: 3.00
Entitlement: 0.00

hmmm an 18

Exploitativeness: 5.00
Entitlement: 6.00

Sounds about right, though I would say that Entitlement score is a bit inflated due to some questions I wasn't %100 sure about how to answer, i.e "I insist upon getting the respect that is due me." yes I do, but only in the sense that if I'm being mocked or belittled in-spite of my contributions I tend to get a bit snarly. other than that it seems about spot on, I admit I'm a manipulator, and I know I don't like to be the center of attention.

Apparently i have a superiority complex... idk about that :P . It's kinda hard to justify without sounding like I have a superiority complex, but I am a pretty schmart guy. I know that I can be wrong, I learn a lot from other people, but I am still a pretty schmart guy, and people + grades tell me so.

Exhibitionism: 1.00
Exploitativeness: 1.00

Yeah, the questions did repeat themselves a lot. And the answers were all either "I don't know" or "I AM A FUCKING GOD".

But I got a 5.

Self-Sufficiency: 1.00

PhiMed:
"Regarded"? By whom? By someone who attributes success to personality disorders, because they have none of their own, I'd guess.

In the case of psychopaths they desire a job like CEO and superficially appear to be right at home at the job. They often appear to be the best people for that sort of job as they ruin the lives of their employees and run the companies into the ground. But MD is a very different job to CEO and one that you will be much less likely to find psychopaths in. Likewise with computer programmers a high functional autistic finds the concentration needed to write complex programs easy so they excel superficially but a large part of the job is team work and gathering requirements and feedback from clients.

If your main motivation for being a Doctor is that you will be regarded as a success by everyone you meet and you will easily be able to put yourself in the centre of every discussion as a genuine authority then I do wonder. Many people have problems with Doctors who appear to have a god complex. Doctors who misdiagnose and mistreat because they can't admit that they are clueless or wrong, or even in rare cases create bizarre treatments for illnesses that don't exist.

Answered honestly.

22 - Fuck off I'm not that conceited.

Authority: 7.00
Entitlement: 5.00

Capatcha: "Catch the Man" ... now I've got Front 242 stuck in my head. Cookies if you know what I'm referring to.

11. Mine makes me sound like a right old tosser. I agree that the quiz is flawed though. I got:

Superiority: 4.00

...I just like to believe that I'm special.

Daystar Clarion:
I scored a 3.

A lot of the questions were pretty dumb, to be honest.

This. These 'tests' usually are pretty stupid, though.

To my point: I scored a 13 overall.
Superiority: 0.00
Exploitativeness: 3.00 (I really, really don't agree with this one)

Looks like I'd better check my privilege, guys.

Landed myself a 12.

The quiz was silly and easy to falsify, even by accident, because of its cheap Yes/No format. In "deciphering" what it was asking I think I mis-answered some of the questions for who I want to be, or who I used to be, as opposed to who I am right now. Silly and simple quiz which I doubt will give completely accurate readings for anyone.

More Fun To Compute:

PhiMed:

In the case of psychopaths they desire a job like CEO and superficially appear to be right at home at the job. They often appear to be the best people for that sort of job as they ruin the lives of their employees and run the companies into the ground. But MD is a very different job to CEO and one that you will be much less likely to find psychopaths in. Likewise with computer programmers a high functional autistic finds the concentration needed to write complex programs easy so they excel superficially but a large part of the job is team work and gathering requirements and feedback from clients.

If your main motivation for being a Doctor is that you will be regarded as a success by everyone you meet and you will easily be able to put yourself in the centre of every discussion as a genuine authority then I do wonder. Many people have problems with Doctors who appear to have a god complex. Doctors who misdiagnose and mistreat because they can't admit that they are clueless or wrong, or even in rare cases create bizarre treatments for illnesses that don't exist.

So it's just a truism, something with no basis in reality. It just "sounds right". That's what I thought. Someone (perhaps you, but I doubt it) just made it up.

I never said my main motivation for becoming a doctor was to be considered a success. You made that up, too. You're projecting, because you have a negative opinion of doctors, so you're projecting that view onto me.

i got 8, the number was high on "entitlement" i think i feel this way because of my issues with learning, i cant go to college or uni because no matter how hard i can study, i wont learn shit all. information via text book or chalk board/speech,audio ect just fly over my damn head. you cant teach science very well without damn words or numbers. without school you're stuck at freakin Tim Horton for life, dreaming your stupid brain to work properly so you can have you're dream job that you totally need damn school for. * sigh * there's nothing out there school wise that can help me, this is why i feel entitled to get financial help. oh well.

PhiMed:
So it's just a truism, something with no basis in reality. It just "sounds right". That's what I thought. Someone (perhaps you, but I doubt it) just made it up.

I never said my main motivation for becoming a doctor was to be considered a success. You made that up, too. You're projecting, because you have a negative opinion of doctors, so you're projecting that view onto me.

I have quite a positive opinion of Doctors and have made no personal decision about you one way or another. It's a common definition of narcissist that they seek roles that give them "narcissistic supply." In that their desire for admiration and attention is seen as a central "need" that they have to fill in their day to day life. So careers like medical doctor are prime candidates since as you said the hard and near universally respected work that doctors do makes them seem way more worthy of respect than an underachiever. You are right that I did not make this up although in a way someone did I guess.

Send this to Bob Chipman & Jim Sterling; they'll probably score as some of the biggest narcissists around.

Your Total: 13
So i'm an entitled piece of shit? :3

I think I have a problem. Although it may just be where I am in life, I would like to have more control over things so this seems to reflect that.

Daystar Clarion:
I scored a 3.

A lot of the questions were pretty dumb, to be honest.

I agree. Some of them just seemed like only a massive asshole would pick one of the options. Plus there wasn't enough middle ground. I don't strive to be the center of attention but I certainly don't mind it either (kind of mandatory for being a teacher).

Anyway, I got a 7.

Edit: Most of my 7 came from authority.

Exhibitionism: 3.00
Exploitativeness: 0.00

That's a total of 11. My disinclination to ruthlessly exploit people apparently balances out my being an entitled attention hog. (I saw the entitlement coming, honestly.)

My score is 17. Little higher than I was expecting, but honestly not that surprising.

Self-Sufficiency: 6.00

Test might be a little uh...meh...but I really don't feel my results to be too far off.

I'm a 14....but I love to exploit people....hmmm

Narcissistic Trait
Exploitativeness: 5.00

Your Total: 17
Between 12 and 15 is average.
Celebrities often score closer to 18.