You are Immortal.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Rawne1980:

revjor:

Rawne1980:
I'd take over the world.

I'm immortal, who the fracks going to stop me?

someone with a jail? it's not like you have any other powers

Aye but i'm hardly going to walk into jail myself.

They have to get me there and force isn't going to get them anywhere.

Isn't it, though? If they send enough men, they will be able to restrain you, even without injuring you. I'm not saying taking over the world isn't a perfectly viable and acceptable pursuit for an immortal man, but if your plan relies on you never being captured, you'd best revise it.

I would do the same thing as the OP, only preach something about me being the messiah sent by God to rule the masses and that if the people don't make me their supreme overlord, they shall be struck down with hellfire, or something (and they do, since people are stupid). Then, proceed to live the good life, till I go completely insane from boredom and become a Caligula-ish kind of ruler and just start dismembering random people in the streets because it amuses me. THIS IS A GREAT PLAN

Turn myself in for scientific testing, but make a big media event of it so that I can demand that the public get to check up on me every month or so to prevent abuses, then see if they can determine what made me immortal and use it for the greater good. Woohoo! Alturism! The common good! Science! Also demand a salary of at least $35,000.00 a year. Lab rats gotta get paid too.

Immortal eh? I'll spend some time trying how to die, first as a precaution then as a backup. You never know what'll happen in the future. Minds change, unless of course immorality also makes the mind unable to "age" and change and grow.

Start work on other super powers. I like immortality, but with nothing else you're just a punching bag.

I suppose I'd start unlocking the parts of my brain that restrict my full strength, as I no longer have to worry about breaking myself. Then I start work on a jetpack, provided they don't already exist seeing as how my internal clock would get just kind of fucked after awhile. Then, with strength, flying, and invincibility, I start either start fighting crime, or become the leader of crime.

Lonewolfm16:
Turn myself in for scientific testing, but make a big media event of it so that I can demand that the public get to check up on me every month or so to prevent abuses, then see if they can determine what made me immortal and use it for the greater good. Woohoo! Alturism! The common good! Science! Also demand a salary of at least $35,000.00 a year. Lab rats gotta get paid too.

It's not really altruism, we can support immortals AND an ever growing population. You'd either destroy the earth, or make us outlaw sex. I don't want to live in either of these places.

I'd relax for a couple decades and just do things. I have all the time in the world; I have the time to do everything I'd ever wanted, such as get fit, learn martial arts, learn the ways of the sword, learn marksmanship, learn how to play music, etc. I'd find an easy way to use my immortality to make a crapload of money, too, possibly through illegitimate means.

Then, I'd go on a journey of discovery and experience. I would go everywhere and learn of every culture by staying there for brief periods of time, Kino's Journey-style, though maybe for a bit longer and it wouldn't be so much jumping from country to country as from city to city. I wouldn't tell anyone my name, though; I'd let them call me whatever they want to call me.

After that, I'd be Batman, but with more swords.

Then I'd go rogue and become a savage outlaw.

Rawne1980:

revjor:

Rawne1980:
I'd take over the world.

I'm pretty sure a large enough group of people could do what ever they want to you.

BurnedOutMyEyes:
Get stuck.
Scream for eternity.

You could just eat some oranges and it would be k :3

OT: I would watch civilizations rise and fall, all the while trying to not go insane after hundreds and thousands of years.

revjor:

I'm pretty sure a large enough group of people could do what ever they want to you.

That sounds far more kinky than I assume you meant it to sound.

Rawne1980:

revjor:

That sounds far more kinky than I assume you meant it to sound.

More like not quite kinky enough ;)

I would play video games all the time, but also use myself as a power source for that and other people.

Of course, I'd take vacations occasionally. After all, I wouldn't have to eat nor worry about being predated or otherwise torn apart.

become a professional assasin. also if you lose a body part can you grow it back or put it back on?

I would Travel the world And enjoy life going by many names by many people I would also start making money and putting people in high places I would pull the strings of the world I would also start a relgion in my name and as the time goes on more and more people will follow the way of the man

I would probably eat take-away a lot and not feel bad about spending my life playing games. Being immortal is something I really want. I know everyone says it would suck when everyone you know dies and you would end up all alone but still. I don't really look forward to dying and if worst comes to worst I am sure I could train myself to sleep for eons at a time when I am all alone.

If I'm understanding right, I'd be invulnerable, correct?

Well the big reason I've never wanted to join the army is fear of death, but with that I'd go straight for it. Might never get a purple heart but knowing I can't die would just give me reason to join the bomb squad and focus on hand-to-hand combat.

"And that kids, is how I killed a suicide bomber with another suicide bomber."

Otherwise invest money and start travelling the world to learn how to be a human weapon. Figure 50 years as a monk in China learning Shaolin kung fu wouldn't raise suspicion, they'd probably just think I attained some new form of enlightenment.

I'd find the power-dealer from "Misfits" and swap my immortality for something else, like power over all forms of energy, that would be awesome

Lonewolfm16:
Also demand a salary of at least $35,000.00 a year. Lab rats gotta get paid too.

$35k a year? That's...not all that much. Unless you meant $3,500,000, then alright.

Me? I'd start up a Kickstarter or something to buy a ride up to the International Space Station. I'd ask to go on a space walk with the astronauts if there would be a need for it, you know, to assist them. Once I get out there, however, I'd point myself towards Earth. The last thing I'd say before all communication was cut off?

"Hey, Baumgartner! SUCK MY (deep inhale) diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii--"

After I peel myself out of the cartoonish indent I made in the ground, I'd go get myself a cheesesteak with ketchup and extra cheese. And a root beer....Or maybe a Guinness.

First, rob a bank(for shiggles) then

Rawne1980:
I'd take over the world.

^This

LG Jargon:

Lonewolfm16:
Also demand a salary of at least $35,000.00 a year. Lab rats gotta get paid too.

$35k a year? That's...not all that much. Unless you meant $3,500,000, then alright.

Me? I'd start up a Kickstarter or something to buy a ride up to the International Space Station. I'd ask to go on a space walk with the astronauts if there would be a need for it, you know, to assist them. Once I get out there, however, I'd point myself towards Earth. The last thing I'd say before all communication was cut off?

"Hey, Baumgartner! SUCK MY (deep inhale) diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii--"

After I peel myself out of the cartoonish indent I made in the ground, I'd go get myself a cheesesteak with ketchup and extra cheese. And a root beer....Or maybe a Guinness.

I know, I intended it to be a fairly small salary. I figure I will proably get room and board along with food and utilities and the like so I won't need much, and that way the majority of the money can go to experimentation, while I can have a comfortable salary with which to buy random stuff not covered by the lab.

I would charge rich people the opportunity to hunt me for sport.

So if I don't age; does that mean I'm stuck at 16? Yikes you don't see a lot of 16 year old CEOs...

I suppose I'll be the first.

Get better at riding my unicycle, riding for two years but if I couldn't die I would ride over cliffs to impress people.

xPixelatedx:
Surprising I am giving one of the first serious answers, but 'nothing'. I would do absolutely nothing. Perhaps quietly amass a fortune over time to assure my endless life is comfortable. There is a good reason immortals never draw attention to themselves in all works of fiction.

Yeah, I'm thinking one would have to be constantly on the move, never resting in one spot for too long. A long string of fake IDs, being sure to register the deaths so as not to arouse suspicion.

To that end, I would become The Man With No Name. Forever wandering, battling corruption and injustice wherever I went. Bring down drug cartels, shatter sex-slave trading operations, that sort of thing.

Climb to the top of Mount Everest in a thin loose white robe and sit meditating on the very peak of it, waiting for a group of mountain climbers to come along.

Then ramble some vague abstract things at them and see if it starts a new world religion with pilgrims visiting me on my mountain-top.

NOOOOOO!!!!

This is horrible! I will be 300 and look like a guy in his twenties! How will I go to bars when my age on my ID doesn't match me?

Well.....i'd be more realistic and just abuse the fuck out of it for my own amusement like the Team Four Star version of this guy:

And if people don't like it? Pfft! What are they going to do, grab that one guy that can stop me? What was his name again? Oh right, Michael Mcdoesn'texist!

I'd also start taking some VERY enthusiastic walks.

Fake my death, and start a new life as a tyrannical lord of evil. Then fake my death again and live a new life as something else entirely. As many times as I'd want to.

Probably stop eating... I need to lose some wait... seems like the best possible way... can;t exactly die from malnutrition...<.<

After I'm done doing all the awesome things, which would take me about 3 years, I would fall into a big depression and start crying because of the realization that everyone I love will be gone and I will be forced to stay. Forever alone.

After that episode I'd start doing awesome things again. I'd become a masked crime fighter of course. I'm an immortal geek. What else could I possibly do?

One other thing. I would place a haystack at the bottom of Empire State building and preform a leap of faith. Then I'd tell people "see, it totally works".

Live my life as normal until all of my loved ones are dead, at some point mastering all of my preferred weapons and combat styles, then maybe try mercenary work.

Rawne1980:

revjor:

Rawne1980:
I'd take over the world.

you are just immortal not superpowered.

you can spend all eternity locked up in a salt mine filled with lead concrete or a block filled with molten stainless steel.
if you dont have even a small space to wiggle yourself out of it, you are fucked. for a very, very long time.

and you can still end up in a volcano.
imageimage

either you are preserved and pressurised like a diamond or you can spend until the end of our world swimming aimlessly around the earth's core in the magma.
and i bet you can still feel pain.

or they just shoot you into space or the sun like in Warren Ellis 'No hero'.

i dare you to get "back home" after this.

LTlewis:
You have just discovered that you are Immortal. The simple kind, no having to repair any injuries, no aging just the best kind of immortality. What do you do first.
Myself, I go to the middle of London (my closest big city) and start to advertise the fact, jumping of buildings playing in traffic, all that stuff. Why? To see people react, do they call it a trick, am I heralded as the messiah or devil. How long before the government turns up. And if I am carted off so what. I just sit around for a century or two and then walk out of whatever ruin I'm in.

i'd try to dedicate my life to science if i am smart enough. unlike a douchy glittering immortal vampire.

or invest in projects and try to kick humanity out of their stupidity into a brighter future.

Lose my morals probably

Find a nice quiet place where I could retreat yet still have a good overview of the world.
I could exist outside all the busy life of mankind simply observing.
Too bad the package does not include infinite adaptability.

Immortal? I guess I'd just... work. Hey, if I can't starve to death or die of old age or anything, just working for 100 years or so is enough to get a small fortune started up at least. Then I just let the savings do their thing in regards to interest, and do whatever I want in my day to day life.

Just because I can't die doesn't mean I'm going to go around making shadow groups or do things that might end up with me trapped in a completely sealed box buried underground. Immortality isn't something you just go and risk "because I'm immortal and nothing bad can happen to me."

Besides, working until I earn even 5 cents more than I spend every month in interest is literally enough to set you up for millenia. 5 cents a year at 10% interest p.a will add up over a couple of millenia.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here