NEWS: Girl, 9, Gives Birth in Mexico

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

People can be attracted to prepubescent/barely pubescent little girls (or boys, for that matter) all they fucking want, as long as they, y'know, don't have sex with them and force them to give birth before their mind has developed enough to have informed judgement on things like sex and relationships. And to the parents of the...parents: don't have fucking children if you don't even spend any time with them, or are too poor to raise them. This isn't rocket science.

But hey, Lina Medina's got her beat by four years.

The only positive thing about this is that this story makes me feel a bit better for not being as fucked-up as some other people around the world.

Actually, you know what? Scratch what I said. I don't really care anymore. This shit happens in shitholes like that all the time, and no-one can do anything about it, so why are even talking about this and acting all outraged over something that doesn't even affect us?

AnarchistFish:

LetalisK:
Even though things are beginning to change, thankfully, I would actually agree that there is a bit of a divide between uber rich countries and "shitholes" with little middle ground as wealth was concentrated in a few countries with the rest not having nearly as much. It's still kind of this way, but like I said, it's beginning to change as more and more countries develop.

There's lots of middle ground. Places like Morocco, South Africa, Brazil, Iran and Mexico. You can identify how developed countries are but splitting them into two groups and then dismissing the lower one completely is just wrong.

LetalisK:
The part I would contest is the illusion that the USA specifically is as far away from "shithole" status as you can get. The opposite is more likely.

I would never have said that though, lol

Nieroshai:
Go to Guaymas. When you come back, you'll have seen enough to take back that comment of your own volition.

I'm not talking about Guaymas. I'm talking about Mexico, as a whole. Of course there are more run down and poorer areas. Actually, you just support my point cos it shows that there are immense differences even within countries. So the idea of "third world countries" is seriously flawed.

Then you entirely miss my point. In Mexico, where Guaymas is if you don't know, citizens in many towns are forced to live in shanties without clean water, or even in the city dump. I've been there, I would never wish that on any human. Mexico might be wealthy as a nation, but its people are destitute and sick. If Mexico's people are so wealthy according to you, why is it that a border town that receives American tourist money goes home at night to rusty water and methane, and their children play futbol barefoot among broken glass and rusty nails?
I know of no town in America where this is the case, nor a single household that doesn't have television and enough food to survive. I grew up in one of the poorest towns in my state, and if it wasn't for my stepdad's ignorance( drugs were more important than running water) I wouldn't have been taken away. No one in America is bound to poverty for life, or has ever experienced what other countries call poverty.

Incidentally the categorization is: a Second World country is a Third World country that has nuclear weapons.

Nieroshai:
Then you entirely miss my point. In Mexico, where Guaymas is if you don't know

don't antagonise me

Nieroshai:
citizens in many towns are forced to live in shanties without clean water, or even in the city dump. I've been there, I would never wish that on any human. Mexico might be wealthy as a nation, but its people are destitute and sick. If Mexico's people are so wealthy according to you, why is it that a border town that receives American tourist money goes home at night to rusty water and methane, and their children play futbol barefoot among broken glass and rusty nails?

Not /all/ its citizens are poverty stricken and I never said all the people are wealthy. Like I said, there's large inequality. It's just dumb as fuck to label the whole country as "destitute" based on one part of it. I mean come on, there're Mexicans on this actual site. And I've been to Latin America. There're people living in shanty towns, but there're plenty with laptops, mobile phones, etc.

Nieroshai:
I know of no town in America where this is the case, nor a single household that doesn't have television and enough food to survive. I grew up in one of the poorest towns in my state, and if it wasn't for my stepdad's ignorance( drugs were more important than running water) I wouldn't have been taken away. No one in America is bound to poverty for life, or has ever experienced what other countries call poverty.

If you looked hard enough you'd find pretty poor people in many places. But just cos of those people you'd never call the US a 'third world country', because as a whole it's obviously pretty developed. I don't know why you're still looking at the smaller examples that support your ideas cos the whole point is that generalising an entire country which has these extremes is ignorant and uncalled for. If you wanna quantify it, look at HDI or GDP/Capita. They're flawed indicators but they give you a rough idea of how developed the country as a whole is.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked