If there is no god, then where did we come from?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Aglynugga:

God chose the Hebrews to be his people he was God of everyone even the muslims because they also worship our God but in a different way so even before he was a Dragon and then he revealed himself to the hebrews and they wrote about him.
And you are saying now that there are photons that are more powerful than other photons? Are they in a special class of photon? I think that it would take the same amount of energy to create one, not more it is like if two people have the same type of tap and open it up for the same amount of time and the pressure is that same and they get the same amount of water and now you say somehow the a bigger tap with more pressure running for a longer time makes a smaller photon?

Implying that god hasn't always been a dragon. He is immortal and unchanging, it's not like he can just not have always been a dragon.

It's like water balloons. Light bulb photons have more water in them, so they make the light bulb dry up faster.

Quaxar:
I gotta say this thread is priceless, like a best off from the Atheist Experience three times over. Or listening to Ray Comfort and Eric Hovind combined into a single being.

Aglynugga:
how do we know that a year was a year back then we dont because we change calanders a year could have been three and then you can times that by three but we dont know. I would say that maybe the things they find arent when they say they are but are from sooner but they dont want to say it because to them it would be like saying God is real and they don't want that.

First off, the Hebrew word "yom" as used in Genesis generally means "day" but can also refer to "a long period of time". If you want to argue YEC please at least use rational arguments. Thank you.
A year meanwhile isn't some random event like you seem to think it is, if it were why do you think we have 365 days and a leap year every four years except in years divisible by hundred except if divisible by 400? One year is the orbit around the sun (please don't tell me you dispute that) and as such one cycle of seasons. I don't think any proper calendar ever has merged three seasonal cycles into one year.

Once we had weeks that were 8 days instead of 7 and then we used 7 day weeks but we still called them weeks so a week used to mean eight days and now it means seven and now you say that a day could mean a day but also a really long time? I think you need to learn to agrue because you dont sound right.

Quaxar:

A year meanwhile isn't some random event like you seem to think it is, if it were why do you think we have 365 days and a leap year every four years except in years divisible by hundred except if divisible by 400? One year is the orbit around the sun (please don't tell me you dispute that) and as such one cycle of seasons. I don't think any proper calendar ever has merged three seasonal cycles into one year.

Well yes, but our calendar, the Gregorian calendar, only came in effect as late as 1582. Leap years, as I recall, did not exist prior to that.

generals3:

Aglynugga:

No your agruement is circular because you try to use the rules that God made for us to disprove God and that is Impossible as for mass you do not read think about it there was just an *explosion* and now all that mass is spread all over the place, what they go around with a spoon scooping up all the radiation and dust and things?

I don't think you understand how circular arguments work.

Your first sentence would only work if I assumed God made those rules. Which i did not. As such i'm not claiming that "God's rules disprove God" or whatever.

What i'm claiming is:
Energy doesn't have mass (it has a mass equivalent, but that's totally different)
Nuclear Fission is a prime example that mass can be destroyed as it is the basic principle behind it and commonly accepted by nuclear physicists. Heck, even the bible doesn't claim that matter cannot be created or destroyed and as such your evidence is nihil, not even your religion backs it up. If anything the whole concept of God "just making things" would disprove your claim. Because if matter could not be created than God could not create the universe.

And if you look into nuclear physics you will notice that the equations hold into account ALL the products of a nuclear fission, which includes radiation, and it still shows that mass is lost.

And again. Show links proving you're right. Because as long as you don't you're just making a fool of yourself.

Lol you say that they are using math to find things out and not actually finding things out, why don't you show me the links were they gather up all the material and then weight it oh wait they never do they just came up with numbers to do it for them.
And God is God he can do what he wanst who are you to say he cannot create matter? That is a rule that applies to us not God because we a re irrispondible and would make things that do not belong. The only fool I see is the person that isnt able to see that God is real and ppowerful than you can imagine.

randomsix:

Aglynugga:

God chose the Hebrews to be his people he was God of everyone even the muslims because they also worship our God but in a different way so even before he was a Dragon and then he revealed himself to the hebrews and they wrote about him.
And you are saying now that there are photons that are more powerful than other photons? Are they in a special class of photon? I think that it would take the same amount of energy to create one, not more it is like if two people have the same type of tap and open it up for the same amount of time and the pressure is that same and they get the same amount of water and now you say somehow the a bigger tap with more pressure running for a longer time makes a smaller photon?

Implying that god hasn't always been a dragon. He is immortal and unchanging, it's not like he can just not have always been a dragon.

It's like water balloons. Light bulb photons have more water in them, so they make the light bulb dry up faster.

No there is no implying what? God has always been a dragon and then the Hebrews saw him and wrote about it what don't you understand?

And lgiht bulbs dont have water in them there is only glass and some metal thing and electricity which has weight so bubls cannot dry faster or at all.

spartandude:

Aglynugga:

spartandude:

so its all a big conspiracy made by people who are just in denial?

but also how are you going to account for fossil evidence that backs up the evolution theory, or was that also made up to cover up the existence of god?

No it is not a consipriacy many things are wrong sometimes though or maybe they think they see a result that is not what they are seeing. Remember the piltdown man everyone was like it's the missing link and then we all find out that it is lies.

and since then we have found several fossils in africa and the middle east of various different "early humans", each skeleton fits together

but you have also mentioned dinosaurs in an earlier post and their fossils also support evolution, lets also completely ignore that the bible makes no mention of them. there are also the fossils of other animals that ruled the earth after the dinos went extinct that cleary show change when you look at them

But maybe they don't did you see the skeletons dug up and put together? No and maybe they want to prove soemthing so bad they are willing to say things that are not true.
About the dinosaurs though I have two hings about them I could be wrong because I checked the bible and there said nothing but 1) maybe God was trying out soemthing different but he saw people were better so he just let the dinosaurs live and then die out while there was the garden of eden or 20 maybe God wanted a way to keep Adam and Eve in the garden and so he made dinosaurs so that when Adam and Eve saw the dinosaurs they were like no way those things are scary what the heck God? and stayed inside.

Aglynugga:

randomsix:

Aglynugga:

No there is no implying what? God has always been a dragon and then the Hebrews saw him and wrote about it what don't you understand?

And lgiht bulbs dont have water in them there is only glass and some metal thing and electricity which has weight so bubls cannot dry faster or at all.

You said that there was a time before God was a dragon. Luckily you caught your blasphemy and corrected it.

It's the same in form. The photon is the balloon, the water is the energy, and the pool is the light bulb or the sun.

Aglynugga:

Lol you say that they are using math to find things out and not actually finding things out, why don't you show me the links were they gather up all the material and then weight it oh wait they never do they just came up with numbers to do it for them.
And God is God he can do what he wanst who are you to say he cannot create matter? That is a rule that applies to us not God because we a re irrispondible and would make things that do not belong. The only fool I see is the person that isnt able to see that God is real and ppowerful than you can imagine.

Oh fucking please. The equations are proven by the amount of energy gathered. And you still fail to show any evidence or links proving your claims.

And i love your argument "God is God and God can create matter because he's God". Ok "Flying pink unicorns are flying pink unicorns and they can create matter because they are flying pink unicorns". I just proven the ability of flying pink unicorns to create matter using your argumentation.

Now please bring me evidence of all those claims you made. Prove me how nuclear power plants do not destroy mass. I have professors and equations to prove the contrary, you have nothing until now.

Aglynugga:
wanted a way to keep Adam and Eve in the garden and so he made dinosaurs so that when Adam and Eve saw the dinosaurs they were like no way those things are scary what the heck God? and stayed inside.

seriously? thats the best you can do?

Vegosiux:

Quaxar:

Well yes, but our calendar, the Gregorian calendar, only came in effect as late as 1582. Leap years, as I recall, did not exist prior to that.

Actually, the Julian calendar has added leap days to years multiple of four since 8AD. But anyway, not my main point, just a demonstration of how years are not at all arbitrary because if they were we'd have much simpler ones. Like 400 days every year.

Aglynugga:

Quaxar:
I gotta say this thread is priceless, like a best off from the Atheist Experience three times over. Or listening to Ray Comfort and Eric Hovind combined into a single being.

Aglynugga:
how do we know that a year was a year back then we dont because we change calanders a year could have been three and then you can times that by three but we dont know. I would say that maybe the things they find arent when they say they are but are from sooner but they dont want to say it because to them it would be like saying God is real and they don't want that.

First off, the Hebrew word "yom" as used in Genesis generally means "day" but can also refer to "a long period of time". If you want to argue YEC please at least use rational arguments. Thank you.

Once we had weeks that were 8 days instead of 7 and then we used 7 day weeks but we still called them weeks so a week used to mean eight days and now it means seven and now you say that a day could mean a day but also a really long time? I think you need to learn to agrue because you dont sound right.

Honestly? You tell others to think about what they posted yet you blabber on without even reading properly. The Hebrew word "yom" could mean "day" or "a time period", just like the English word "tea" generally means the drink yet it also has different meanings like in Scotland "tea" more or less also means "supper". Just like the word "post" means a post on the internet but can also be part of a fence or letters in the mail. Like blue is a colour but also another word for depression or drunkenness sometimes. Do I need to go on?

A week is indeed an arbitrarily defined concept, as are months or hours, yet day and year are clear periods based on astronomical events.

randomsix:

Aglynugga:

randomsix:

You said that there was a time before God was a dragon. Luckily you caught your blasphemy and corrected it.

It's the same in form. The photon is the balloon, the water is the energy, and the pool is the light bulb or the sun.

Ok I see your mistake when you read my words I meant even before they saw God he was still a Dragon, but I know that you could be a deciever because you try to twist my words but I am not worried because God sees in my heart not the mistakes in writting or reading that people make even me sometimes.
So the lightbulb makes tiny water ballons and the sun makes big water balloons? That does not make sense if you think about it in fact because the light bulb has less power the photons have to be either less powerful or smaller then or it can only make a few big ones before it runs out.

Quaxar:

Vegosiux:

Quaxar:

Actually, the Julian calendar has added leap days to years multiple of four since 8AD. But anyway, not my main point, just a demonstration of how years are not at all arbitrary because if they were we'd have much simpler ones. Like 400 days every year.

Aglynugga:

Quaxar:

Honestly? You tell others to think about what they posted yet you blabber on without even reading properly. The Hebrew word "yom" could mean "day" or "a time period", just like the English word "tea" generally means the drink yet it also has different meanings like in Scotland "tea" more or less also means "supper". Just like the word "post" means a post on the internet but can also be part of a fence or letters in the mail. Like blue is a colour but also another word for depression or drunkenness sometimes. Do I need to go on?

A week is indeed an arbitrarily defined concept, as are months or hours, yet day and year are clear periods based on astronomical events.

You can go on but you just make yourself not look smart because if a year is always a year and we can change how long a week is then how many weeks would a year have in it if every week was 8 days huh? An hour can be different but a day that has 24 hours cant? What if the hour was 70 minutes long or 40 minutes long how many hours in a day? Day changes or have you not heard of daylight savings time days can change because sometimes it is darker or sometimes it is light or if your are in the north there can be one day that lasts for 30 days it is only one day but because people like you want to measure God you say it is really thirty instead of one. Are you reading what you are typing because it does not make sense at all maybe you should think about it longer before you try to teach me because you are not saying things right at all.

generals3:

Aglynugga:

Oh fucking please. The equations are proven by the amount of energy gathered. And you still fail to show any evidence or links proving your claims.

And i love your argument "God is God and God can create matter because he's God". Ok "Flying pink unicorns are flying pink unicorns and they can create matter because they are flying pink unicorns". I just proven the ability of flying pink unicorns to create matter using your argumentation.

Now please bring me evidence of all those claims you made. Prove me how nuclear power plants do not destroy mass. I have professors and equations to prove the contrary, you have nothing until now.

Hahahaha look at you all the proof I need is the world around me and you need people who use what God has made to try to prove me wrong and you never can! You can talk about unicorns all you want but that will neve rtake away from God and you know it so please dont even try anything you say will be said with other peoples words not things that you know for yourself but God doesnt need that because he created everything.

spartandude:

Aglynugga:
wanted a way to keep Adam and Eve in the garden and so he made dinosaurs so that when Adam and Eve saw the dinosaurs they were like no way those things are scary what the heck God? and stayed inside.

Well dont blame me I wasnt alive then I dont know maybe God liked dinosaurs but they never did anything so he let them all die, its just a theory, you know, like the THEory of evolution, or Gravity.

Aglynugga:
Well dont blame me I wasnt alive then I dont know maybe God liked dinosaurs but they never did anything so he let them all die, its just a theory, you know, like the THEory of evolution, or Gravity.

Poe. Report, ignore and move on.

Aglynugga:

Hahahaha look at you all the proof I need is the world around me and you need people who use what God has made to try to prove me wrong and you never can! You can talk about unicorns all you want but that will neve rtake away from God and you know it so please dont even try anything you say will be said with other peoples words not things that you know for yourself but God doesnt need that because he created everything.

You're just pathetically dodging your responsibility to prove your claims. The world around you proves nothing. If i were to claim flying pink unicorns created the universe than i could also use the argument "all i need is the world around me to prove they did". And you wouldn't be able to disprove it either.

Use something tangible. Your proof is not proof as it is circular. The world around you proves gods existence only if you assume he created it. As such you cannot use the world around you as evidence he created it. That's like saying 1+1 = 3 because 3 = 1+1.

Aglynugga:

spartandude:

Aglynugga:

but heres the thing you are besing that on no evidence, heck even the bible doesnt say ANYTHING about it. yet there is alot of substantial evidence to surgest that dinosaurs evolved long before humans ever existed and that evolution actually takes place

and gravity? your going to dispute gravity now?

Aglynugga:

randomsix:

Aglynugga:

Ok I see your mistake when you read my words I meant even before they saw God he was still a Dragon, but I know that you could be a deciever because you try to twist my words but I am not worried because God sees in my heart not the mistakes in writting or reading that people make even me sometimes.
So the lightbulb makes tiny water ballons and the sun makes big water balloons? That does not make sense if you think about it in fact because the light bulb has less power the photons have to be either less powerful or smaller then or it can only make a few big ones before it runs out.

Yes God sees your heart, but I can't. If I see that you are at risk of straying from the narrow path, I must try to lead you back. If you had never actually strayed, then that is all the better.

It's the other way around. The sun makes the little water balloons.

generals3:

Aglynugga:

You're just pathetically dodging your responsibility to prove your claims. The world around you proves nothing. If i were to claim flying pink unicorns created the universe than i could also use the argument "all i need is the world around me to prove they did". And you wouldn't be able to disprove it either.

Use something tangible. Your proof is not proof as it is circular. The world around you proves gods existence only if you assume he created it. As such you cannot use the world around you as evidence he created it. That's like saying 1+1 = 3 because 3 = 1+1.

Lol yes because there are three major religions and billions of people that believe in unicorns oh wait there arent so sorry! And since God created the universe I don't have to do much to prove it while you have to run around finding things from people who have to use Gods tools, and then you try to say things like 1+1 = 3 because you are angry you cannot agrue with me.
If I was pathetically dodging my responsiblty I would not be here talking to you I would go away but I won't because the truth is God is created the Universe. You don't like that because you want to think man is the most powerful thing but we are not, it must bother your ego to know there is someone who has more power and does not have to explain themselves to you.

spartandude:

Aglynugga:

spartandude:

but heres the thing you are besing that on no evidence, heck even the bible doesnt say ANYTHING about it. yet there is alot of substantial evidence to surgest that dinosaurs evolved long before humans ever existed and that evolution actually takes place

and gravity? your going to dispute gravity now?

Ok listen they lived in the garden of eden and it had no time so of course dinosaurs existed before people were on the earth because they were still in the garden of Eden.
and nobody knows what gravity is it is just there they cant explain if it is a wave or a field of energy or what so I will not dispute that gravity exists but explain to me what it is then? You cant, just like the dinosaurs can be a mystery.

Aglynugga:

Lol yes because there are three major religions and billions of people that believe in unicorns oh wait there arent so sorry! And since God created the universe I don't have to do much to prove it while you have to run around finding things from people who have to use Gods tools, and then you try to say things like 1+1 = 3 because you are angry you cannot agrue with me.
If I was pathetically dodging my responsiblty I would not be here talking to you I would go away but I won't because the truth is God is created the Universe. You don't like that because you want to think man is the most powerful thing but we are not, it must bother your ego to know there is someone who has more power and does not have to explain themselves to you.

The amount of followers is irrelevant. And here i'm going full Godwin, there was a majority of Germans believing Nazism was a good ideology for some time, that didn't mean it was actually good, they were misguided. On top of that there are less and less Christians and those who are counted as Christians are less and less "strict". Did you for instance know that the Catholic church accepted Evolution? You'll find quite some Christians who'd think the whole idea of creationism and that humans were created by God is retarded at best. Heck technically i'm probably counted as a Christian considering i'm baptized.

And i didn't just say "1+1=3" because i'm angry. I did because i'm baffled by your refusal to accept logic and managed to train your brain into believing fallacious argumentation is actually worth something.

You literally said that the evidence for God being the creator is its creation. But here's the catch, in order to prove it is its creation you have to prove he created it. Surely you can comprehend that?

It is the same with saying that 1+1 = 3 because 3 = 1+1. Both statements rely on each other and as such cannot be used to prove each other. When you use claims with no evidence to prove themselves you can prove any absurd things. Like the fact flying pink unicorns created the universe. I used evidence you claimed was sufficient to prove it. If anything your refusal to accept my claim is an acknowledgement you do not have sufficient evidence to prove the bible is correct.

randomsix:

Aglynugga:

randomsix:

Yes God sees your heart, but I can't. If I see that you are at risk of straying from the narrow path, I must try to lead you back. If you had never actually strayed, then that is all the better.

It's the other way around. The sun makes the little water balloons.

Ok maybe I did not understand. If you are trying to make sure I am right with God thank you I think that is a very good thing to do but I still don't know how you can say these things because think about it how does something larger and more powerful make something smaller than something smaller and less powerful and it still means that there are different tyspes of photons like sun photons and bulb photons.

Aglynugga:

Ok listen they lived in the garden of eden and it had no time so of course dinosaurs existed before people were on the earth because they were still in the garden of Eden.
and nobody knows what gravity is it is just there they cant explain if it is a wave or a field of energy or what so I will not dispute that gravity exists but explain to me what it is then? You cant, just like the dinosaurs can be a mystery.

ok lets try it another way, why do you believe that dinosaurs exist?

generals3:

Aglynugga:

The amount of followers is irrelevant. And here i'm going full Godwin, there was a majority of Germans believing Nazism was a good ideology for some time, that didn't mean it was actually good, they were misguided. On top of that there are less and less Christians and those who are counted as Christians are less and less "strict". Did you for instance know that the Catholic church accepted Evolution? You'll find quite some Christians who'd think the whole idea of creationism and that humans were created by God is retarded at best. Heck technically i'm probably counted as a Christian considering i'm baptized.

And i didn't just say "1+1=3" because i'm angry. I did because i'm baffled by refusal to accept logic and managed to train your brain into believing fallacious argumentation is actually worth something.

You literally said that the evidence for God being the creator is its creation. But here's the catch, in order to prove it is its creation you have to prove he created it. Surely you can comprehend that? Tell me if i lost you there.

It is the same with saying that 1+1 = 3 because 3 = 1+1. Both statements rely on each other and as such cannot be used to prove each other. When you use claims with no evidence to prove themselves you can prove any absurd things. Like the fact flying pink unicorns created the universe. I used evidence you claimed was sufficient to prove it. If anything your refusal to accept my claim is an acknowledgement you do not have sufficient evidence to prove the bible is correct.

I will try to help you here because I see that you are just taught wrong and maybe dont know the way. Everything in the world is evidence that God created it because nothing would exist if he hadnt. I know this is hard to understand but look at it this way everything in the universe serves a purpose everything has a point except for us, because we were created in the image of the creator not his real image but the idea of the creator. everything has a reason that it has to obey except for mankind we are given free will and can do whateve we want even if it is against God, because he allows us. But a rock will never be anything other than what it is meant to be, unless we make it different, and a tree will always be a tree unless we make it something else. if the universe was created by random events and numbers that means that things that have no purpose would exist as well because it is a part of statistics if we live in an infinite universe there is an infinite number of possibilities but there arent, there are only things that serve a purpose, no matter how small or large it is the only things that dont serve a purpose beyond what we want is us we can do whatever we want.

spartandude:

Aglynugga:

Because I was taught they exist but things were wrong like there are no real brontosaurases and other dinosaurs arent real and now they all have feathers and wings and stuff you see the more we grow the moe we know.

Aglynugga:

spartandude:

Aglynugga:

Because I was taught they exist but things were wrong like there are no real brontosaurases and other dinosaurs arent real and now they all have feathers and wings and stuff you see the more we grow the moe we know.

ok, all respect i had for you has been lost, nothing to do with evidence just i was told so when i was younger. im now getting out of this before i go nuts, if you are a troll then well done sir if not then i feel sorry for people actually trying to engage in an intellectual argument with you

Aglynugga:

Quaxar:

Vegosiux:

Aglynugga:

You can go on but you just make yourself not look smart because if a year is always a year and we can change how long a week is then how many weeks would a year have in it if every week was 8 days huh? An hour can be different but a day that has 24 hours cant? What if the hour was 70 minutes long or 40 minutes long how many hours in a day? Day changes or have you not heard of daylight savings time days can change because sometimes it is darker or sometimes it is light or if your are in the north there can be one day that lasts for 30 days it is only one day but because people like you want to measure God you say it is really thirty instead of one. Are you reading what you are typing because it does not make sense at all maybe you should think about it longer before you try to teach me because you are not saying things right at all.

If a year (365,25 days) had weeks of 8 days each it would have 365,25d/8w, roughly 45 weeks. And an hour can be different but a day that is one rotation of the earth until the sun is in the same position is the same. Like you can cut a pizza in 4 large pieces or 100 very tiny ones yet it as a whole is still the same size. A day with 70m hours would be 24h*60m = 1440m/70m = 20,57 hours while a 40m hour would give us exactly 36 full hours. I could give you a detailed explanation of why we use a base-6 system but I don't think you'd care.
Since 95% of the world's population lives in areas where the sun moves at least across the horizon most of the year I wouldn't have thought it necessary to mention but yes, for someone living on the pole a day as the motion of the sun would indeed be half a year, still in that situation our internal clocks work in a rough 20-22h sleep cycle as confirmed by countless polar explorers and scientists at the bases there. Also, I don't see any argumentational value in that statement besides random accusations and if you want to claim that the Hebrews lived at the north pole and thus the biblical record is actually much longer I swear I'm going to scream.

However, I think I'm done with this discussion as you are either completely set in an anti-scientific Christian young-earth creation mindset with apparently no idea about any of the topics you have so far tried to argue about or you are a really motivated prankster. In either case a discussion is more or less pointless so I will now retire from replying and I would highly encourage others to do so as well.

Aglynugga:

I will try to help you here because I see that you are just taught wrong and maybe dont know the way. Everything in the world is evidence that God created it because nothing would exist if he hadnt. I know this is hard to understand but look at it this way everything in the universe serves a purpose everything has a point except for us, because we were created in the image of the creator not his real image but the idea of the creator. everything has a reason that it has to obey except for mankind we are given free will and can do whateve we want even if it is against God, because he allows us. But a rock will never be anything other than what it is meant to be, unless we make it different, and a tree will always be a tree unless we make it something else. if the universe was created by random events and numbers that means that things that have no purpose would exist as well because it is a part of statistics if we live in an infinite universe there is an infinite number of possibilities but there arent, there are only things that serve a purpose, no matter how small or large it is the only things that dont serve a purpose beyond what we want is us we can do whatever we want.

Your first claim is again a circular fallacy. I find it funny you're trying to patronize me with circular fallacies which further reduce your credibility (if that is even possible at this point).

You again said that God created things because if he hadn't it wouldn't exist. That would only make sense if you assume he is the creator. Again, this argument can be used to "prove" flying pink unicorns created the universe. This is getting rather depressing. Actually i hope you're trolling me.

I have told you a countless of times in the simplest ways why such argumentation simply doesn't work. Please tell me what you don't understand about my explanation?

Second of all you claim everything has a reason to obey. How can you know that? Planets have to obey to the same laws of physics as we do. And no a rock will not always be a rock unless we do something about it. Have you ever looked around? Erosion, meteorites crashing, etc. Same goes for trees. A tree isn't "a tree" anymore once it has been converted to coal by a fire. And no, human intervention is not needed for that. Actually nature has proven over and over it doesn't need humans to change. the AIDS virus constantly mutates and that's not because we are telling it to do so.
And i don't believe anything has any purpose in this universe. And before you do, don't even think about proving the universe has a purpose because God created it with one, because that would be an other circular argument.

So now we went through that. Show me evidence that God is the creator without resulting to circular arguments or unproven assumptions.

spartandude:

Aglynugga:

spartandude:

ok, all respect i had for you has been lost, nothing to do with evidence just i was told so when i was younger. im now getting out of this before i go nuts, if you are a troll then well done sir if not then i feel sorry for people actually trying to engage in an intellectual argument with you

Ok listen to me I was taught about them but what I was taught was wrong the scientists did not know what a dinosaur was they were coldblooded and now they are mammals with feathers do you see what I am saying? Dinosaurs are a mystery that will take us time to fully undestand and that means even how they were around when there was the Garden of Eden. I cannot explain them because I was not alive then and we do not have all the information about them even now.

generals3:

Aglynugga:

Your first sentence is again a circular fallacy. I find it funny you're trying to patronize me with circular fallacies which further reduce your credibility (if that is even possible at this point).

You again said that God created things because if he hadn't it wouldn't exist. That would only make sense if you assume he is the creator. Again, this argument can be used to "prove" flying pink unicorns created the universe. This is getting rather depressing. Actually i hope you're trolling me.

I have told you a countless of times in the simplest ways why such argumentation simply doesn't work. Please tell me what you don't understand about my explanation?

Second of all you claim everything has a reason to obey. How can you know that? Planets have to obey to the same laws of physics as we do. And no a rock will not always be a rock unless we do something about it. Have you ever looked around? Erosion, meteorites crashing, etc. Same goes for trees. A tree isn't "a tree" anymore once it has been converted to coal by a fire. And no, human intervention is not needed for that. Actually nature has proven over and over it doesn't need humans to change. the AIDS virus constantly mutates and that's not because we are telling it to do so.
And i don't believe anything has any purpose in this universe. And before you do, don't even think about proving the universe has a purpose because God created it with one, because that would be an other circular argument.

So now we went through that. Show me evidence that God is the creator without resulting to circular arguments or unproven assumptions.

Ok you do not want to believe and that is your choice but I will explain this and I will use the rock to do it. A rock is a rock. it will erade because of wind but the wind does not destroy the rock it breaks it down into sand and the sand becomes part of the soil and then can join together with other sand particles and evnetually they will become a rock again, the wind will erode a mountain but mountains aare still forming to this day there is movement of the earth that raises the mountains up even as they fall and mountains are there for water and for the weather.
When you talk about the aids virus does it mutate on its own or because of us? If we werent there to change it would it still be the same virus or would it change on its own?

I don;t understand how you don't get that the universe is proof enough everything in it points to an intellegent desiner it is like you cannot see some things. You talk about circles and thats what I feel I am in because it should be simple for you to see. There has never been a book about unicorns that have directly spoken to people and we have a few books that not just say that but have the words of those people and the words of God in them. There are books just like you have books on math and sceince and they actually tell us about God and how he created the world and you want to ignore that evidence because it is not as good as your evidence? People have studied God for many many years and there have even been people that have spoken to him Like Moses.
And what about Jesus? People spoke to him and his words are written down, but that isn't good enough proof to you? The very words of the Son of God do not meet your approval?
I am sorry I cannot help you. I will pray for you if you want, but until you can see the light, you will not be able to understand these things. There is evidence all around you but you do not want to see it. You want to be blind to God and worship your numbers instead, and for that I will not do anything but tell you to change your heart.

Aglynugga:

spartandude:

Aglynugga:

Ok listen to me I was taught about them but what I was taught was wrong the scientists did not know what a dinosaur was they were coldblooded and now they are mammals with feathers do you see what I am saying? Dinosaurs are a mystery that will take us time to fully undestand and that means even how they were around when there was the Garden of Eden. I cannot explain them because I was not alive then and we do not have all the information about them even now.

fine one last thing (i cant resist an argument about evolution for somereason) first of dinosaurs evolved other time, so at one point they were the cold blooded reptiles that dominated the earth. a small group of them EVOLVED (other millions of years had small mutations in their DNA when reproducing) and became birds, not mammals with wings, birds.
during the cataclysmic event(s) that occured roughly 65 million years ago the dinosaurs all died out. the birds were able to adapt to the new environment and conditions as well as the mammals and other reptiles and insects better than the dinosaurs which caused them to go extinct.

there now im done

Quaxar:

Aglynugga:

Quaxar:

If a year (365,25 days) had weeks of 8 days each it would have 365,25d/8w, roughly 45 weeks. And an hour can be different but a day that is one rotation of the earth until the sun is in the same position is the same. Like you can cut a pizza in 4 large pieces or 100 very tiny ones yet it as a whole is still the same size. A day with 70m hours would be 24h*60m = 1440m/70m = 20,57 hours while a 40m hour would give us exactly 36 full hours. I could give you a detailed explanation of why we use a base-6 system but I don't think you'd care.
Since 95% of the world's population lives in areas where the sun moves at least across the horizon most of the year I wouldn't have thought it necessary to mention but yes, for someone living on the pole a day as the motion of the sun would indeed be half a year, still in that situation our internal clocks work in a rough 20-22h sleep cycle as confirmed by countless polar explorers and scientists at the bases there. Also, I don't see any argumentational value in that statement besides random accusations and if you want to claim that the Hebrews lived at the north pole and thus the biblical record is actually much longer I swear I'm going to scream.

However, I think I'm done with this discussion as you are either completely set in an anti-scientific Christian young-earth creation mindset with apparently no idea about any of the topics you have so far tried to argue about or you are a really motivated prankster. In either case a discussion is more or less pointless so I will now retire from replying and I would highly encourage others to do so as well.

So you say that even though we can change the lenght of time whoever we feel like it and base it off whatever we want since the sun rises and sets at differnet lengths and times in differnet palces, so that pizza you talk about can be different sizes in different areas, that not everyone has the same seasons, that time has no meaning past the meaning we have decided to give it, I'm somehow wrong?

spartandude:

Aglynugga:

spartandude:

fine one last thing (i cant resist an argument about evolution for somereason) first of dinosaurs evolved other time, so at one point they were the cold blooded reptiles that dominated the earth. a small group of them EVOLVED (other millions of years had small mutations in their DNA when reproducing) and became birds, not mammals with wings, birds.
during the cataclysmic event(s) that occured roughly 65 million years ago the dinosaurs all died out. the birds were able to adapt to the new environment and conditions as well as the mammals and other reptiles and insects better than the dinosaurs which caused them to go extinct.

there now im done

I will respetfully disagree with you.

Aglynugga:

Ok you do not want to believe and that is your choice but I will explain this and I will use the rock to do it. A rock is a rock. it will erade because of wind but the wind does not destroy the rock it breaks it down into sand and the sand becomes part of the soil and then can join together with other sand particles and evnetually they will become a rock again, the wind will erode a mountain but mountains aare still forming to this day there is movement of the earth that raises the mountains up even as they fall and mountains are there for water and for the weather.
When you talk about the aids virus does it mutate on its own or because of us? If we werent there to change it would it still be the same virus or would it change on its own?

The AIDS virus could easily mutate in other hosts. So no it doesn't need us. It does it on its own, to protect itself. Because it is its ability to mutate which makes it so hard to cure (and why your immune system can't do jack shit about it).

I don;t understand how you don't get that the universe is proof enough everything in it points to an intellegent desiner it is like you cannot see some things. You talk about circles and thats what I feel I am in because it should be simple for you to see. There has never been a book about unicorns that have directly spoken to people and we have a few books that not just say that but have the words of those people and the words of God in them. There are books just like you have books on math and sceince and they actually tell us about God and how he created the world and you want to ignore that evidence because it is not as good as your evidence? People have studied God for many many years and there have even been people that have spoken to him Like Moses.
And what about Jesus? People spoke to him and his words are written down, but that isn't good enough proof to you? The very words of the Son of God do not meet your approval?
I am sorry I cannot help you. I will pray for you if you want, but until you can see the light, you will not be able to understand these things. There is evidence all around you but you do not want to see it. You want to be blind to God and worship your numbers instead, and for that I will not do anything but tell you to change your heart.

I can see everything just fine. And nothing suggest there was a need for intelligent design. And even if there was it doesn't have to be the Abrahamic God. It could very well be the deities from Nordic mythology.

You know i'm fairly certain i can find books which makes absurd claims about the creation of the Earth. Though those books usually don't have the pretense to claim it's fact and are usually found in the "fantasy" section.

And no one studied God. That's just absurd. How the hell can you study God?

And there is a lot of literature about divine beings and they often contradict each other. (Greek mythology, Egyptian mythology, the bible, etc.) If the mere existence of the universe and literature would be sufficient enough than you have a problem.

Jezus existed. However no written documents except the Bible mention any miracles which the bible claims he has done. All we know is that he managed to convince people he was the son of God. Just like many people convince other people's of things. It doesn't make it true.

And lastly: there is no evidence that people actually spoke to God and those words were God's. Those people simply claimed that. Like i can claim God told me to convince you you are wrong. The only source of "evidence" is the bible. One book, written centuries ago. Might as well believe in Greek mythology.

PS: What baffles me is also you managed to make this claim "There are books just like you have books on math and sceince and they actually tell us about God and how he created the world and you want to ignore that evidence because it is not as good as your evidence?". Well DUH. People always tend to believe in things with stronger evidence. That's common sense.

generals3:

Aglynugga:

The AIDS virus could easily mutate in other hosts. So no it doesn't need us. It does it on its own, to protect itself. Because it is its ability to mutate which makes it so hard to cure (and why your immune system can't do jack shit about it).

I can see everything just fine. And nothing suggest there was a need for intelligent design. And even if there was it doesn't have to be the Abrahamic God. It could very well be the deities from Nordic mythology.

You know i'm fairly certain i can find books which makes absurd claims about the creation of the Earth. Though those books usually don't have the pretense to claim it's fact and are usually found in the "fantasy" section.

And no one studied God. That's just absurd. How the hell can you study God?

And there is a lot of literature about divine beings and they often contradict each other. (Greek mythology, Egyptian mythology, the bible, etc.) If the mere existence of the universe and literature would be sufficient enough than you have a problem.

Jezus existed. However no written documents except the Bible mention any miracles which the bible claims he has done. All we know is that he managed to convince people he was the son of God. Just like many people convince other people's of things. It doesn't make it true.

And lastly: there is no evidence that people actually spoke to God and those words were God's. Those people simply claimed that. Like i claim God told me to convince you were wrong. The only source of "evidence" is the bible. One book, written millenia ago. Might as well believe in Greek mythology.

Once again you try to use disrespect but that wont win an agruement. I am going to tell you this now with seriosness. If you choose to insult God, that is fine for you but it is not fine for me. You know who has studied God? For thousand of years? The Roamn Catolic Church has. For thousnads of years hebrew people have studied the nature of God. For thousands of years muslims have studied the natrue of God. And you have jsut spat in their faces and said that all that they have learned and taught is nothing. You go tell those poeple that they did not study God and that you cant study God. Even a Godless person liek you can study God. But you choose to close your heart and be blind.

I will tell you this now as well. Every religion has a heirchy with one central God at top and many others below them likes angels and thor and odin. But these gods were not Creator Gods. They were War gods that Took from people and only rewarded murder. My God stands above them as a Shepard into the path of Goodness. You can say oh what about Odin he could be real and maybe he is but I will follow my heart to the True God.

You want to say that Jesus did not preform miracles and that he convinced people to follow him for nothing? He sacrificed Himself, not other people. And when others would have faught for him, he told them to let him go peacfully because unlike other people who convince others for things he did not take he Gave, and even if you do not like that, that is mircle enough.

It is not one book. There are many books that talk about the nature of God and if you look at them they are in the religion section not the fiction section which might make you angry but too bad that is the way it is. It is your right to say that there is no God, but that is not evidence for him to not exist. You want to claim scams but how many scams are about raising people up?

And there is plenty of evidence that people spoke to God but I thik that even if you spoke to God you would try to deny it or say that you were crazy and convice yoursefl that you are. People speak to God all the time he is the voice inside that tells you to do Good when you do not want to. Everyone can be good without God but sometimes there are hard times. God will not give you a million dollars and he will not change the world for us it is how it must be, but if you like inside sometimes you will find a voice that is not yours telling you to be better than yourself, that you can do good if you want to. But you would ignare any evdience anyone can ever show you because it is easier to be a cynic.

Ps. lol like how many people believe in God right because there are no evedence there must be none oh wait there are billions of people that believe in God.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here