The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 . . . 807 NEXT

Dimension: Avatar Adventures Universe

Time: Morning | January 2nd

Corrupted Temple of Light: Devon | Ella

"... I'd rather not lose hope for you, but when you're willing to break up your sister and kill her for whatever plot you have going, why should I keep believing in you?"" Ella's rescuer said as he scolded her in the way a sibling would have.

Ella's reaction was fairly predictable for those who knew of succubi and their habits. She tried to flirt her way out of it.

"Devi, don't worry... I'm still super... SUPER appreciative as to what you did for me and Puce really means nothing to me but just a way to show my sister that even now she's wrong about loving human males. She should be feeding off of them and not falling in love with them. Of course, that's different with you... you've proven yourself to be much more of a man than any of the others in the team." She said as she laid a soft had on Devon's chest.

Devon gave her a look as if there was no way in hell that he believed her.

"Fine! My sis has got two people who love her and what do I have? No one and it's not like I can feed on your friends, so why not just take one of them and have them fall in love with me and I won't have to feed off your friends... unless you're saying that there's someone in love with me?" She said baxk to flirting.

Finally Slindis broke through the wall of the Temple, the Succubus smiling as she saw the open skies ready for her to take off into it.

"SHAZAM!"

Foolish Child.... The Preacher intercepted the lightning strike with his blade, once again purifying the attack. This time however, he used the cleansed electricity to charge his next attack. The sword struck the ground, instantly conjuring a holy blade which struck with the force of a train.

Hallowed Bolt.

Dark Tomoya
After seeing his "Air Strike" Lighting wasn't working, Tomoya quickly moved from where the sword would strike and lunged at the Preacher, wishing to find out if his skills with a sword were anywhere as good as his skill with holy power.

Slindis
The Guardian was clearly over-powering the enemy en mass and the Healing Factor of the Mech made any and all attacks moot.
"KEEP FIRING!"
"WE ARE FIRING!"
"THEN TRY AIMING!"
At this point, some soldiers, stuck between death at Tomoya's whim and death by Guardian Mech, decided to try their luck in the corrupted jungle, fleeing from battle.
Still, there was more where they came from.

David
David was lining up a shot when Melethia ran past after a Angel burning in acid with her longsword.
The fact he saw that happen caused him to stop and say "...So this is my life...I need to drink more.
Once that nugget of wisdom was stored and filed, He resumed his covering fire of Caim.

Rugal
Rugal too was in a state of shock, THIS! Was what that old coot Preacher could do.
Suddenly, nearly being thrown out an airlock didn't seem as bad.
He also casually snapped the neck of a passing trooper.

Corrupted Temple of Light: Devon | Ella

She noticed that the young man got oddly uncomfortable after that nickname she gave him and tried his best to hide the wave of emotions it brought to the front. "Hey, do you mind not calling me that name again? It's not exactly what I need to be focusing on right now. What's more important is you trying to pull a Yoko Ono on the group." He mentally hoped that she didn't see through his bluff as went back to the flirting.

On her asking him to make someone fall in love with her, he shook his head and spoke in a subdued tone. "Ella. I'm not going to force someone to fall in love with you. What kinda guy do you take me for? It's not even been a night since we got here, and I've got a pretty strong feeling almost all of the guys here are spoken for." A look up at the long climb up encouraged him to turn to Ella. "Mind giving me a hand up there?"

Teri

The Cleric focused her spell, chanting, "In the beginning there was the word, and the word became flesh. In this time of need, The word becomes force and force begets strength!"

Teri hit a hotkey on her Tablet, and a small scroll appeared, and then disintegrated; a glow covering her hand. Slapping it on the King of Fighter's back, she shouted

"Snap out of it, Mr. Bernstein! Now get in there and don't let yourself be showed up by the others! You wouldn't want that, now would you?"

From what Rugal could see, a shimmering field covered his skin; making him look vaguely iridescent in the torch-light.

Teri shouted, "It's a protective field! Get to it!"

Angelus

Angelus shook her head with pleasure; happy to be in her proper form again, as she waited for Riki and Kud to get on her back. She wanted to be in the air again, and not just because it was her mission. After being in that gods-forsaken temple, anywhere but this place was a good thought.

To her surprise, she heard the sound of fire; and the smell of fox and flames filled the air.

"Ah, Akane! Here to help these little ones up, eh? Let's hurry along then. The sooner the better."

Caim

Caim... Was being Caim. Cutting swathes into soldiers with his Angel Killer and a dark grin on his face, Caim was in his element once again.

Ton Ton and Cadolbolg

"Hey, Cadolbolg! I think I see your dad! Wanna help him out? I bet we could help out in thinning those numbers!"

Without a roar from the turtle, the duo flew in, and Ton Ton leaped onto a soldier, putting his Knife straight into the jugular of one of the poor saps.

Rugal
Those words were just what he needed to take his mind off the Preacher
"You're right...I don't..." He said before he turned around and saw a trio of Angel Troopers behind him.
A quick neck crack and Rugal engaged them with his Slashing Aura, a brief display of blood and guts and he was marching in to clean up.
They were dead before they hit the ground.

David | Jake
As David lined up another shot, Jake finally got out of the temple. He was nowhere near as fit as anyone else in the crew, being a nerd who only kept his body in basic shape. Seeing the master sniper, Jake figured at least he wouldn't be quite so useless hanging with the other relatively normal guy in the crew. Making the dash, Jake stopped and dropped to one knee to steady his shots with his M4.
"G'day David! Who're we covering?" Jake said as he steadied his breathing so as not to throw his shots off.

Angelus | Akane
Akane gave a little smile at the Dragon. Angelus seemed a tad warmer towards her today...

"You're taking the little ones straight to the airship yes? I'll fly cover for you then! Looks like my Knights are already in the fray, they should keep us clear for now I think!" She said, even as she grabbed Kud and threw her up onto the Dragon's neck, where she clung for dear life. The little girl was terrified! Riki followed before Akane could grab him too, but not before giving the Kitsune a foul look.
"Okay kids, hang on tight to Angelus! We'll keep you safe! Let us all fight, that's our job right now!"

The Kitsune gave a tap behind the ear to the Dragon before making a running leap off the temple edge. She disappeared from view only to re-appear second later, her tails alight with brilliant blue flames as she picked up speed and altitude. Her sword was back in her hand, a fireball ready in the other.

David | Jake | Teri

After pouring out a water bottle to unleash Squishy upon the troops, Teri called out, "Long time, no see, Jake! Hope you've been faring well!"

Holding up her staff to focus, the Cleric called to the Water elemental in Aquan, "My friend, I shall be granting you a covering of water! When it arrives, go into your vortex form!"

The elemental blurbled in reply, and began to position itself as Teri chanted her spell, "Bring unto us your cleansing waters, Lord! Strengthen your children with this gift!"

On cue, 10 gallons of water poured on the water elemental; who began to grow in size; whipping around in a dangerous vortex for those who dared come near. Several of the soldiers found themselves swept in the creatures depths, and gasped as the air escaped their lungs.

Despite the fact that soldiers were dying by her hands, the Cleric took solace in the thought that God would provide mercy to these wayward Angels. After all, they could have easily been deceived by a false and cruel Shepard.

Angelus | Akane

Upon seeing Akane return, the dragon flapped her wings, throwing herself into the air. The fog had done it's job well to cover their progress, and Angelus was 20 feet in the air before the soldiers even got sight of her. Of course, those who dared attack her were quick to be blasted with a homing ball of fire from the dragon or face the wrath of the Kitsune. In short, the duo were ascending quickly to the skies above.

Outside Group.
Time: Early Morning. (2 am)
Weather: Raging black lightning.

Tomoya & Preacher.
Within the lightning barrier.

Seeing the escaping soldier Tomoya's smirk had changed into a scowl. "FOOLS!" He said as he waved his hand and the lightning scatted across the jungle hit the dark angels, immediately turning them into lightning particles which flowed back into Tomoya. More black lightning came out of his hand to form his dark katana, still stained with the blood from New York.

"Lets see if your sword kills are good..." Tomoya said, in a blink of an eye he already swung at Preacher he looked ever ready. The black lightning was lashing out with anger from the sword.

Storm & Tajuh

As the angel bodies were laid across the entrance of the temple, their bodies were transferred into black orbs which quickly disintegrated back to the angel fleet and their motherships.

Losing his gun, Storm through his pistol to the side. "You should know that killing isn't... everything." Storm laughed as he lunged with his bulky armor, Tajuh avoided but Storm ended up cutting a stone pillar in half with the sword. "Alien tech you see... Alpha... boost mode." Storm asked Alpha and soon the boosters on his armor were warmed up.

David
David was in the middle of a reload once Jake showed up and took out a few more Angels.
"Just shoot anyone trying to sneak up on Caim and we might make it out of here alive!" He ordered as the pair of them covered the Mute's rear as he cut though the hordes, the pair of shooters getting splash back from the blood bath.
"....So how are you!?" He asked as he kept firing.

Rugal
Rugal was calmly cutting down the inferior trained soldiers as the battle raged on, not even bothering to block thanks the shield that Teri gave him.

Slindis
As the Drow put a MASSIVE dent in Tomoya's forces, a plot was hatched from above to try and get rid of her before she killed them all.

Up the sky above the battlefield, 2 low ranking grunts got an idea.
Grabbing as much explosive ordinance as they could, Dynamite, C4, Semtex, Frag Mines, I could do on, but I won't, but I could.
"You sure this is a good idea? I mean...Friendly Fire and-"
"Hey, Either this bitch dies or Tomoya kills all of us!"
Thus they went down to the Drop Pods and began stuffing it to make their "Bomb".

Melethia
Since she didn't want to allow the enemies to get too comfortable with the acid, she took a moment in the fight to switch over to some incendiary flasks to continue disorienting the angels as she slashed at their ranks. "When are these kinslayers gonna learn?" The worst of the attacks that were aimed at her were blunted by the chainmail shirt, but against the constant enemies landing, she was beginning to get tired.

Tajuh
He ducked and weaved around the attacks from Storm, getting a stab in when he could. "Powered armor, then. Bit difficult to work around, certainly, but you're wrong if you think that will ensure your victory." As the Spartan's attacks continued to come, he took note of the man's technique which was a mix of power and speed.

Slindis
She began to get concerned about the way the attack seemed to not relent and tried to keep the attention away from Angelus. Judging from the forces attacking her, it was clear that it was having some effect.

Rugal
Rugal enjoyed his brief spell of invulnerability while it lasted, the Shield of Fate soon burning out.
He looked across the battle field, depending on how well the Preacher handled Tomoya, they might beat the Dark Angel right here and now.
It was then he saw Melethia throwing around incendiary grenades at those who were foolish enough to under-estimate her with Slindis tearing apart the enemy in the distance.
For the first time since they came to this damn jungle, things were finally going their way.

Skies Above
Once the Drop Pod was filled up and the target was set, the Two Grunts up the Angel ship above prayed to god this would work, least a world of hurt be put upon them by Tomoya.
"Attention all units, Drop Pod inbound, Keep that Mech in place if you can..." He radioed in before he launched the pod down into the battleground below.

Slindis
As the Guardian Mech marched onward after fleeing Angels, an alert came up on her HUD...

"Lets see if your sword kills are good..."

As the blade neared The Preacher's neck, a flash of light blinded the Angel for only an instant, his strike was now being blocked. "I'm alright, could use some practice".

The Angel followed up his attack with a barrage of slashes, The Preacher deflecting each except for one, opening a wound on his left arm. The man barely noticed, although Tomoya could detect a slight grimace from the man. He replied with a slash to his face, his attack almost as quick as the Dark Angel's

Slindis
As the indicator started blaring more, she managed to look up to see the pod. Okay, looks like I'd better get out of this thing now... where's that way to get out? She fumbled around for the eject and bumped into the big red button sending her rocketing out. "Okay, Slin... let your instincts kick in..." She rolled up into a ball to lessen the impact when she landed as an explosion consumed the Guardian.

Rugal
The impact engulfed the Guardian Mech in a huge explosion and shot a tall cloud of dirt and metal into the air.
While this was a victory for the Angels, it was clear that the toll Slindis's time in the cockpit was too large for them to really call it that as they wearily went after the other crew members.

"Congratulations..."
They turned to see a rather pissed off looking Rugal glaring at them, clearly not a fan of the fact that they nearly killed Slindis.
"...You are all going to die at my hand. Try not to scream too much..."
With a enraged roar, he waded into the fight, easily overpowering much of the re-grouping forces, breaking bones and spilling blood with deadly efficiency.

"Ms. Slindis!"

Teri ran ahead to where Slindis had landed, hands already glowing with a healing spell (Level 2) by the time she reached her teacher. After placing her hands on The Paladin, something whizzed past her head, wind rushing though her hair as a shout went through the air,

"The kid's a Healer and a Spellcaster! SHOOT HER FIRST!"

The Cleric's eyes widened when she heard those words, and tried to lift Slindis closer to the wreckage of the Guardian to provide some cover, but opted to wave her hands and call up Snuffles again; hoping that he would provide ample distraction while she dragged the Paladin. The wolf barreled at the offending soldiers, it's cold aura making things a tad more difficult but due sheer numbers alone, the Cleric found fire coming her way.

"The kid's a Healer and a Spellcaster! SHOOT HER FIRST!"

Between the screams and pleas for mercy from the main group, Rugal heard the command and if he wasn't angry before, he would certainly be now.
"...What did you just say?..." He asked as he turned his attention to whomever gave that order.
Silence filled the air for a second as some of the soldiers realized who he was.
"...FORGET WHAT I SAID! SHOOT HIM! SHOOT HIM!" the officer corrected himself.

Though neither Teri nor Slindis saw what exactly happened next, the sounds gave them the details.
Gunfire raced though the air as one by one each of the men who dared to fire at the cleric were brutally cut down.
Rugal didn't even give them the courtesy of using his slashing aura, he instead choose to tear them apart with his hands alone.
Screams filled the air as one by one the guns fell silent.
Soon, only the officer remained.
"...Oh God...Look, I'm sorry, I was just following orders.
"...You mistake me for someone who cares..."

Teri managed to peer out from behind the wreckage in time to watch Rugal tear the officers torso clean off his legs, pulling out his spine in the process.
It was safe to say he was dead.
Very dead.
Once his bloodlust was over, Rugal walked over to the Cleric and the Drow.
"You two okay?..." He asked, clearly this was another day at the office for him.

Slindis

She took a few moments to recover as Teri's spell gave her a some energy then got up slowly. "Thank you, Teri. That's just what I needed." Slindis looked a bit worn out from the fighting in the Guardian, but drew her bow from her Bag of Holding and began firing arrows at the massive amounts of enemies focusing on them., getting some relief as Rugal viciously attacked the group.

"Rugal, thank you for the assistance even if that was more than a bit extreme..." She wasn't going to lecture him after having just saved them, but she was clearly caught off-guard by it.

Melethia

Melethia threw some more incendiary grenades at the massive crowd focusing in on Teri and Slindis, but that only served to anger the angels she attacked and drew their attention as a few began firing on her. "C'mon, can't ya guys just give up? Ya know you're losing a lotta kinslayers to keep this up!"

Devon

Disasterchild:
Respond to the talk from earlier in the next post, okay?

Having talked with Ella, he made his way over to the larger majority of the group and sliced at the angels where he could. "You'll have to do a lot better than that to hit me! Ella, we need to scatter the large chunk of enemies down there before this gets any worse. Let's roll!" He blinked in and out of existence as the two closed in on the rest of the team.

Devon casts Blink! 50% miss, reduced to 20% if they can see invisible creatures or fight while blind, and his attacks have a 20% chance to miss due to the blinking effect for the next 48 seconds.

Rugal
After hearing the comment about going too far from Slindis, Rugal shrugged and said "I already watched you die twice, I wasn't about to go 3 for 3. Now come on, this day is almost won."
It was then that gunfire sounded from Melethia's position.
"Dammit, Melethia! On me!" He commanded as he moved to engage the attackers, about to do a repeat performance of his Mortal Kombat routine.

Teri

Teri looked up to the King of Fighters after he returned from dismembering soldiers and gave only a small nod in response. If Slindis wasn't with her, the Cleric suspected that she probably would have made a mess of herself. However, she shakily forced herself up as Rugal began to charge the next group of soldiers. It was at this point Snuffles, the wolf, loped towards her, awaiting it's master's next command. It didn't get too close, for the moment it did, the girl pointed at Rugal and muttered, "Help him. Keep him out of range of your aura."

The wolf didn't need telling twice. Barreling after Rugal, the wolf tore into another soldier; it's cold aura making the wounds it made especially painful for the unfortunate souls who felt the creature's bite.

Like the wolf, the Cleric's eyes became dull and cold as it took in the spectacle about her, her mind doing what it did best in times of desperation: repression. Slowly, this memory would be filed away and forgotten when she went to bed; not to be remembered properly until someone reminded her. She would be happier this way, her mental processes assumed.

Angelus | Akane

The dragon continued towards the Rising Dawn; her fire now being focused upon any offending airships that dared come her way. Jaws full of flame, the dragon began shooting homing fire towards the ships that attempted to fire and knock off the kids. After another volley, she called out, "Hold on tightly, little ones, there will be turbulence on this flight!"

Inner Circuitry: The Rising Dawn AIs Dimitri and Vermilion

Dimitri noticed four new lifeforms showed up on their scanners, and called to his partner, "Ms. Vermilion! We have four User-based items approaching! If these are to be correct, it is Ms. Akane, Ms. Angelus, Mr. Riki and Ms. Kud. Should we begin cover fire? I am 97.938 percent certain they are the real Users in this database."

Location: Corrupted Forest | Corrupted Temple of Light | South America

Corrupted Temple (Before the Counter Attack): Devon | Ella

"Hey, do you mind not calling me that name again? It's not exactly what I need to be focusing on right now. What's more important is you trying to pull a Yoko Ono on the group. Ella. I'm not going to force someone to fall in love with you. What kinda guy do you take me for? It's not even been a night since we got here, and I've got a pretty strong feeling almost all of the guys here are spoken for."

Ella began chuckling as she noticed the minute traces of Devon's discomfort. It was by no means an evil chuckle or even one that contained a hint of malice in it; she truly sounded amused as she mistook the meaning of Devon's attitude.

"I'm not asking you to make someone fall in love with me. I'm more than capable of doing that myself, I mean I'm a Succubus... we're made for humans to fall in love with. So don't get me wrong when I say this... Devon ... I do appreciate what you've done for me but I have to be honest here and you telling me that all of the guys here are spoken for is sweet... but hun... you're just not my type... " She said with a winning smile. Maybe it was the stress from battle they just survived or maybe it was the stress from battle that was yet to come, but Devon couldn't tell if the Succubus was playing him or not.

"Also... to clarify things... I did stop hitting on Puce, just so you know. I've decided that Kyre'll make the perfect little love sponge." She quickly glanced at the little Anti-Mage "Maaybe when she grows up a bit." She said as smiled once again.

"Mind giving me a hand up there?"

"Sure thing, boss man!" The Succubus said as she lifted Devon up and took flight out of the Temple.

Corrupted Temple (The Counter Offensive):

Aftan | Gabrielle | Mark:

Mark and the Knights emerged from the temple relatively unscathed compared to the other group and they were each spoiling for a fight as The Corrupted Temple's Trickery and Traps had left them with a bad taste in their mouths... and they felt the need to take it out on the Angel army that had been arrayed in front of them.

>>purchase weapon.dual.exotic.customplasmalockpistol
>>purchase ammo.dual.exotic.customplasmalockpistol

Thank you for your purchase: 8,300 Credits Remaining

"Much better thank you, thankyouverymuch." Mark said as he loaded the microfusion cells into his dual Plasma Pistols that had been customized to look like his other bladed flintlock pistols. Sighting a crew of Angels that was in the midst of bringing some sort of Angel Artillery to bear on the group, Mark's Tattoo, a gift from Grandmaster Aftan al Said, flashed as he teleported straight at his targets and within the span of a few pulls of the trigger and a few swings with the axe-like blades mounted to the pistols, the Angel Artillerymen were either reduced to a green sludge or on the ground bleeding.

Meanwhile Aftan and Gabrielle wasted no time as they spotted the carriers in the sky. Looking at one another, they disappeared, Aftan in a flash of blue and Gabrielle melting into the Shadows.

A moment later, both Aftan and Gabrielle were in the middle of the closest carrier looking for the engine room whilst eradicating the Carrier's Angel marine guards.

Cadolbolg | Ton Ton:

An impressed Cadolbolg watched as his Pact Partner cut a swath through the rank and file of the Angel army, his knife never seeming to lose its edge nor its shine. Banking over, Cadolbolg followed the trail that Ton Ton had blazed and began a fire of his own, expanding the hole in the ranks.

The screams of D.Angel soldier could be heard all over the field as the mini-dragon brought his fire to bear. True it was not as potent as his mother's nor did he have the panache of his father's melee attacks but he was still making headway.

"Ton Ton! Great job! I knew that making a pact with you was a great idea!" Cadolbolg "said" as he buzzed over the head of D.Angel soldiers that were fleeing in the wake of the Mini-Cutie-Bruiser-Partners.

Devon | Ella

Ella smirked as she watch Devon start his assault on the initial wave of the D.Angel army, while she accessed her weapon wheel and pulled out her pair of crimson chained Kamas. Using her speed and the reach that the weapons afforded her, she started dismembering D.Angels as she passed by them, the glint of bloodlust in her eyes.

"So this is what Daddy felt when he was leading the rebellion!" Ella said as she hovered above Devon's head for a moment as she spotted a larger D.Angel wielding what could only be described as "A Huge F**king Vulcan Cannon."

"I got dibs on the big one!" Ella called out as she started swinging a chained kama over her head, its blade causing an audible whipping sound as it sliced through the air. The sound wasn't nearly as beautiful as the sound that the blade made when it cut into Mr. Vulcan D.Angel, the blade sticking into the soldier's shoulder and coming out the otherside.

"HAH! Let's see you use your obviously large 'because I'm trying to compensate for something' gun with only one arm!!!" The Half demoness taunted before she realized her mistake. Sure Mr. Burly could only use one arm now... but that was more than enough for him to grab the chain and start pulling the Succubus towards him.

"What? HEY! Let go!" She screamed as she was reeled in.

Kurumu | Puce

Puce said Kurumu in the air, trying to find an opening to assault Dark Tomoya. Calling out to her mentally, his focus on her might have proved fatal as a D.Angel round whizzed near the Energy Conduit's head. Spotting the source of the shot, Puce unleashed a bolt of brain scrambling electricity towards the hapless offender, turning him into a pile of stunned D.Angel.

"Kuru!" Puce called out as the Succubus was knocked back by the Lightning shield, the effect causing her to crash into the temple once more.

Racing to the site of the impact, Puce was relieved to find his Succubus companion mostly unscratched physically... though her pride was another issue.

"Kurumu, are you okay?" He asked as he checked her vitals.

"Ugh! Yeah... I'm fine... but whatever Tomoya's done to himself, it's made him more of an asshole... but stronger too." She said as she saw the shotgun that she had discarded nearby and wrapped her hands around it, prepared to unleash a wave of explosive shutgun rounds on Tomoya's army as well as the Dark Angel himself.

"Let's go, Love." She said as Puce helped her to her feet.

Airship Rising Dawn Networks: A.I. Vermilion | Dmitri

"Identities confirmed. Starting suppression fire on the chasing Angels. Good just Dmitri. I think that you're starting to get the hang of this whole hacking and fighting thing." A.I. Vermilion said as she smiled at her companion A.I.

"This reminds me... that I believe it is time for our next topic of conversation since we can now spare the processing power whilst maintaining combat effectiveness." She said as she tagged a couple of small D.Angel interceptor craft with a salvo of missiles.

"Seeing what Tomoya is capable of, do you think that the Rising Dawn will be capable of victory? While I have been programmed to be more realistic in my analysis, I cannot help but feel slightly pessimistic about the outcome. I am aware that this is the wrong attitude to have... however, I am unaware of how I can resolve these... feelings. Do you have any protocols or... advice... that you could lend?"

Slindis | Teri | Sadei:

She hid a look of disappointment and sadness when Teri got the dull look in her eyes from the combat. That talk would have to happen right when they got back on the ship, but there were more important things for the moment. "The numbers are still great, but we're gaining ground! Stick close to me: we need to check on the condition of everyone else here." The two started making their way through the battlefield with Slindis keeping the angels at range with arrows from her bow greatly harming those trying to attack.

While they made their way through, Sadei did her best to comfort her wielder even though the amount of blood shed saddened the staff. Teri, please. You have to stop trying to do so much all by yourself... Could you please promise me that? You're way too nice to have to see all this sadness in your life and pretend like it's okay to pretend it never happened...

Melethia

ALthough the numbers were starting to prove to be a bit much for the girl, she tried to act like it was nothing as she fought the angels that were beginning to get quite angry with the small girl as she slashed at their ranks. For each one she managed to kill, three took their place! "Really, it takes so many of ya kinslayers to hit li'l ol me? If it weren't so sad, I'd be laughin' at ya!" For all her bluffing, though, she was getting worn out fast.

Devon | Ella

The man flickered in and out of existence as he sliced and stabbed through the ranks, managing to move through the outskirts of the crowd to attempt to back up Ella. "You think two ships will help you keep that stone in your fallen hands? That's nothing compared to the legions at our side!" At that moment, four portals silently popped up in one section of the battlefield with soldiers from the circle of Greed silently walking out and looking ready for a fight. The eerie silence from the infernal armies did much to unnerve the angels.

Devon casts Silent Image and Bluffs the slightly demoralized forces of Dark Tomoya to make them believe that Hell's armies are joining the fight! DC 15 mod to see through the illusion and the bluff, and they rolled a 2.

Slindis | Teri | Sadei:

"I cannot go through on that promise, Sadei. I must pull my share of the weight around here. If I can't handle it; then I don't need to be with The Rising Dawn."

Teri stuck to her guns, even if the efforts were futile. Calling up her Ice Badger, Teri did not allow the mask of ice (to speak in both a punny and metaphorical sense) to fall, and spoke, "Lord, bless these children, for they do not know what they are doing. May they find comfort in your arms when they reach your gates."

With similar brutal effieciency, the Ice Dire Badger began tearing into troops and cleared a path for the Paladin and her Clerical student. It was a strange sight, to see the emotive cleric turn so cold in a moments notice; and only watched with a dispassionate glare as Angels fell left and right.

Cutie Bruisers!

As Ton Ton pulled his Knife out of another soldier, he felt a piercing feeling go through his tail. With a shriek, he turned to the offending Angel, Lantern glowing with an unholy edge as Karmic Backlash began to emerge. With a glare that piereced the man's eyes, the last thing that Angel heard before death was two words in a high, almost childlike voice : "Everyone's Grudge."

An explosion of shadows burst from the Lantern and covered the Angel, screams of terror emitting from the black covering as it did it's dirty work. This, was all from a tiny creature no bigger than a house cat. When the Shadows cleared, a dark laugh came from the mouthless creature as it waved it's pale blue lantern at the troops, "Who wants to try their Karma? I'm certain spotless Angels like yourselves have nothing to worry about..."

Shivering from this display, and seeing the Hell's Army advance, the Angels shook in horror at the forces upon them,

"The fight like demons! They're unholy devils!"

"Retreat!"

"But what about Tomoya?!"

"I don't know!"

As the Angels wondered what to do with themselves, Ton Ton sent to his partner, "Good performance, eh? Nothing like a little darkness to scare the crap out of these guys! How about you give it a try?"

The Tonberry readied his knife again, and charged at another Angel's ankles.

Dimitri | Vermilion

Dimitri only smiled, and as he shot some more at enemy fire, he said, "Perhaps it is because of who programmed me, Miss Vermilion, but I have a little something that enables me to look past the protocols and figures... Faith. My Lady has proven to me via my own creation that the Users are capable of many feats that would otherwise be considered illogical or impossible. I will hold faith in their resourcefulness and their capability. If this plan is as it was, and the Stone of Light will aid in stopping Tomoya; look below. We've already taken a step in the right direction!"

Dimitri turned to his compatriot, and Vermilion could see the genuine look in his eyes. It was almost unfitting with the formal outfit the Butler wore, but charming in it's own sense, "If we loose hope now, Miss. Vermilion, then why should we have fought in the first place? Now please, don't look so down. It is most unbecoming on one with so much-"

The AI stopped himself, and turned back to his console, "Forgive me! I was too forward with that remark. Ahem! Business as usual then!"

David | Jake
"Well, apart from being unfit compared to all you, very low on the power charts, and a squishy human, not fuckin' bad. THAT'S FIVE MOTHERFUCKERS!" Jake said as he reloaded again. "looks like Caim is doing alright now, who else needs support?

"Dammit, Melethia! On me!" Rugal commanded as he moved to engage the attackers, about to do a repeat performance of his Mortal Kombat routine.

"Hear that David? Shift fire left to suppress!" Jake called out, removing another Angel on the path of Rugal, Slindis and Teri.

Angelus | Akane
Akane sliced yet another Angel open who dared to approach the Dragon in the air. She fell back into formation with the Dragon, waving at the kids. "Hey Angelus! Does getting 5 kills against Airborne Angels count for Ace status? Nevermind, let's nail that enemy Airship there! I sense Gabs and Aftan on the other one, so it'll be gone soon. I'll make a high speed pass, can you hit them whilst they are distracted with me?"

Aftan | Gabrielle:

Where to begin... where to begin... let's start where it's best to start... the end... The Ship went BOOOOOM!!! as it crashed against the ground in a fiery wreck, the bodies of dead D.Angels being ejected in all directions as the ship's hull lost its structural integrity and lost its fight with the Thermobaric pressure that had built up inside of it.

Roughly 5 minutes prior, Aftan was busy scolding Gabrielle for once again placing a series of rather dangerous and explosive gifts all over the D.Angel Carrier's engine room.

"Gabrielle! I swear by the Light of the Illuminated Phoenix, you are doing this on purpose!" Aftan had stated as she and the Shadow Knight were running from a horde of shielded drones that seemed to be immune to the Shrieker pistols' incendiary rounds.

"What are you even talking about?! This is sooo not my fault... it it wasn't for the guard spotting me, I wouldn't have had to take drastic action!!!"

"Spotting you was easy when you are busy slicing the D.Angel engineers to ribbons. It would have taken one incredibly blind person to not spot you."

Which brings us to the beginning.

"FREEZE! Or... Or... Or I'll shoot!" The nervous looking D.Angel guard stated as he tried to get a better firing solution on the Black Knight that had suddenly appeared in the middle of the Engine room.

"You can shoot but you can't get me!" Gabrielle said as she disappeared from view just as the D.Angel guard fired, striking a whole group of Engineers before they had a chance to react.

"N...no... wait what?" The guard asked as a blade suddenly erupted from his stomach, behind him, the Black Knight had suddenly appeared out of no where.

"Good job Gabrielle... your blade triggered his personal alert. They will be sending guards this way now."

"Seriously??!? AWESOME!" The crazed Knight said as she began setting up bomb traps.

Devon | Ella | Mark:

There was a hint of panic in his eyes when he witnessed the death of D.Angel carrier... though it was not for his sake but for the sake of the two Knights that had obviously got inside the ship and somehow convinced it to belly flop against the Earth. The battle however continued to rage around the Dramatist as he attempted to find some hint or some sign that the Knights were still alive.

A rough shove that came from behind him was definitely not a sign that they were still alive as the man was sent tumbling to the ground and as he struggled to get up to his feet he turned and saw a rather large Dark Angel attempting to flee a host of Daemons from the 4th Circle of Hell... all the while trying to use the New Succubus Rising Dawn member as a kite.

"HEY ASSHOLE!!! LET GO OF ME!!!" Ella screamed as she was pulled along by Big, scared and ugly.

"What... in... the..." Mark said as she shot at the D.Angel that was dragging along the Succubus Kite... but missed horrible and instead hit the chain of the Kama... severing it.

"HEY YOU! NICE SHOT!"

Yes, Mark... nice shot... or it would have been if you had meant to hit the chain.

Cadolbolg | Ton Ton:

The Battle was swiftly turning in favor of the heroes and as he flew in wide circles, roasting whomever he could, Cadolbolg spotted his father, choppin' up Angels like it was going out of style. Watching him, Cadolbolg began to attempt to emulate the swordsman with his own tail.

Vermilion was silent for a long time... that is if you consider 1.34 nanoseconds a long time, which is actually a long time to the A.I.s.

"It is most unbecoming on one with so much- what, Mister Dmitri? Please... go on and complete your sentence." The Vermilion A.I. stated with a smile in return.

"If there is one thing that my Master did train within me is that there should be clear and concise communications between compatriots and... companions. If we are to be working as a couple... I would recommend that we keep the communications data stream flowing. Besides... sir... you have be intrigued."

Angelus | Akane

Angelus gave a hearty laugh at the Kitsune's jest, and allowed her fires to be an answer for herself. A casual challenge was issued, and the dragon flapped harder; propelling herself closer towards the Rising Dawn while releasing another volley at the offending ship. She chuckled to herself before releasing another volley; her pact mate was enjoying his sport moreso than usual... Most likely due to not having participated in it for some time. The anxiety and anticipation of the human's bloodlust washed over her, and she found this battle to be a tad bit more sweeter. Even so, she still remembered riders were upon her. A shame, she might have enjoyed the battle more.

Caim | Cadolbolg | Ton Ton:

Caim had already allowed his heart to fall into it's happier place where soldiers were concerned. His blade easily sinking into the Angelic flesh, Caim whirled around in his own personal circle of death-dealing. This was Caim of Caerleon these Angels were dealing with; and he would not fall easily.

"Follow your dad, gotcha!"

Ton Ton began speeding towards the mute and his pact partner, using his blade to hit unsuspecting Achilles' tendon on his way over to the mute; cries of pain following wherever the creature lay. His size was an advantage at this point, and he could hide among the sea of legs and yelling.

Dimitri rolls a 4 on an attempt to Bluff Vermilion... The poor sap.

Being cornered in his statement (and finding it very hard to deny Vermilion any sort of request), Dimitri decided to attempt to cover up the truth with an equally true statement. Looking away from his companion AI, he said, "Er... One with so much, er, Power! Yes, power. That is to say, you are very strong, Ms. Vermilion! To see you doubt our chances, I cannot help but feel a little down myself. Someone so much stronger than I despairing? I must say, it is rather disheartening!"

Phew, he had managed to turn that terrible excuse around into something viable! Now, here's hoping that the other AI believed him. As he waited for her response, the turrets were online again to aid the Users' cover...

Angelus | Akane

Akane let a small grin spread across her face as she dived down at the enemy airship. The turrets on the Airship turned but couldn't track her as she added more speed, a trail of flames behind her. The first turret missed it's shot at her, and the second never got a chance as Akane launched a large fireball at it, roasting it's crew inside. Bullets impacted all around the Kitsune from an Angel Trooper who thought it safe enough to tail her. Akane stopped in mid air and her sword pointed upwards, the hapless Angel finding himself out of space to avoid it and gutting himself upon it. The third turret found it's mark, zeroing in on her, but she only smiled wider and watched it explode from a homing fireball of the Dragon above. Akane looked back at the first turret, and could see right down the barrel of it. She smiled and threw a small fastball of a fireball right down the barrel. It set off the cannon round being loaded and the whole turret exploded in a massive explosion, exposing the inner hull.

Akane whooped and took off again, zooming away to avoid Angel Troopers homing in to protect their stricken Airship. But it was too late... Angelus had the perfect shot now.

Caim | Cadolbolg | Ton Ton:

Cadolbolg watched Ton Ton's assault on the Soldiers as well and soon found himself running on the found, using his wings to assist in allowing him to run faster than he would otherwise. Picking up tips from his Pact Partner, he lashed out with his tail and started to aim for the Dark Angel Soldier's weak and fleshy bits, the Achilles Tendon as well as the inside of the thigh where the femoral artery was located. Severing both arteries would serve to drain their total body blood supply in seconds.

"Thank you for the tip, Ton Ton"

The Vermilion A.I. paused in her work and for a moment, the turrets that had been blasting the Dark Angel forces stopped their blasting, their "pew pew pewing", their "FWOOSHING" and their whirring. Even the self defense node that Dmitri and his companion were located in seemed to grow absolutely quiet for quite some time... a rather uncomfortable sensation given the circumstances that they found themselves in.

A.I. Vermilion rolls a 14 against Dimitri's bluff... definitely a poor sap.

Finally, as the A.I. finished analyzing the statement that her partner had made, she turned around and looked at him.

"Dimitri... If I am to trust you, I need for you to not lie to me. So please... explain to me what it is that you were about to say. I promise you that I shall not become angry. For you to say that you find my observation of the situation disheartening means that I am not a good influence on you and that would require that I either rewrite myself or I separate myself from your programming so as to keep you working at peak efficiency. I would no enjoy doing that... but for the betterment of our relationship... I would commit to this." She said as she looked at him... the turrets that she controlled were still silent.

Angelus | Akane

And a perfect shot she had to take. Angelus could feel the magical energies brimming in her throat; and unleashed ribbons of magically-infused dragonfire upon the poor saps of the Airship. The runic ribbons tore into the ship's body without mercy, the crew screaming as each ribbon ripped another piece of the ship away. All that was left was the ruined framework of a ship; barely floating in the air... Well, more along the lines of falling in style at this point. With a dark chuckle, the dragon gave a hard flap of her wings to propel herself closer to The Rising Dawn; and hopefully to deposit her cargo safely...

Dimitri frowned upon realizing that Vermilion had seen her way through his lie. Well, Dimitri, if you weren't so geared towards etiquette, perhaps the action would be a bit more natural to you. Squirming in his seat, Dimitri bowed his head in embarrassment, and said softly, "I'm sorry for lying to you, Ms. Vermilion, but I feared that this statement would make things... Er, what is the human term... Incompatible, I suppose?"

His hands were clenched for a moment, white gloves still looking immaculate even in his distress, and he continued, "In truth, I was going to say that looking grim all the time was unbecoming of one such as yourself because of... Well, of-"

Dimitri fumbled about again with his words, clearly on the flustered side of the spectrum when it regarded this phrasing, however innocent or serious it may have been. Thus, to aid himself, he moved his hands back to the Turret controls, and with his back turned, he finally spat it out, "Always frowning is not befitting to one of your pulchritude, Madam! With your visual data, a smile would be a closer fit. It would make your ocular receptors shine brighter under your hood, if it were up, and even moreso down!"

Welp, that was more than he intended to say, but with Vermilion tossing around terms like "partner" and "companion", Dimitri's processing of her intentions... Let's just say they were a little biased in his favor. However, a man such as himself must remain a gentleman at all time, hence his confusion. How was one able to say such things without being forward? These human concepts of emotion were still hard to bear.

Work Update

Rugal
Aided by the covering fire of David and Jake, Rugal managed to get into the heart of the Angel unit attempting to land a hit on the Little Elf.
Despite them piling on attacks and gunfire at all angles, skill and experience ruled out.
While not as brutal as the display after the Drop Pod hit the Guardian, it was still rather heavy-handed.
The crunch of fist meeting skull filled the air until the unit was down.

David
David and Jake meanwhile ensured that Rugal wasn't overrun but they quickly realized that the chances of that was low.
"Jakeman! Get the elf! Covering Fire!" He ordered as he went to engage the angels.
*Click Click*
"...Perfect..." He groaned as he holstered his M500 and began trying to steal a Angel Assault Rifle.

Angelus | Akane
Akane formed back up on the Dragon, still a little in awe of her immense firepower. Then she remembered the time Aftan and she had obliterated a giant living mountain, and smiled a little more. One day, they would have their little duel of flames...If the world ever returned to peace.

"Nearly there Angelus! Oh look at that! My Knights got the other airship! YES!"

Rugal | Melethia | Slindis | Teri | David | Jake
As David gave his orders Jake saw a better way to help the Marksman. He unslung his M4 and his two minimi pouches full of ammo, roughly 300 rounds of ammo in magazines in them before shouting to David. "David! Take these, I've got a sword and .45 for up close work!"

David West paused for just a second to pick up the incoming Rifle with ammo pouches clipped to its sling as it slid along the temple floor. He looked on in amazement as Jake drew his longsword with it's faint blue glow and the crazy pilot charged down the steps towards Rugal and Melethia. A slash here, and a thrust there, and he had already downed several Angel Troopers in his path before linking up with the odd pair.

"Rugal! Little one! I'm here to help!" he said as he shifted into a defensive stance, his sword feeling good in his hands again.

Getting Lucifer to enchant the longsword had been a good idea.

Across the Battlefield, Dark Angel Troopers were dying off too quickly. They were down to scattered pairs and trios on the ground, and in the air they were all but gone with the loss of the two carrier airships.

Apart from Dark Tomoya and Storm-182, the battle had shifted into the Rising Dawn Crew's favour. And the two Heroes of the Corrupt side were locked in respective duels with men their equals, or at least as the battles had shown so far...

Outside group.
Time: 3am.

Storm-178 V Tajuh.

The Spartan and human male were against each other. They were actually not evenly matched, Storm was getting slower due to his earlier injury. The strikes by Tajuh were faster then Storm could block, which scratched, chipped and broke some of his armor. On Storm's side, he was battling with a blurry vision and blood crawling all over his body. Gasping due to injuries left Storm open which led Tajuh to hitting his helmet.

Storm quickly jumped back but just kneeled on his knee and pulled open his helmet.

He immediately coughed up blood and some kind of black liquid onto the ground. A strange hissing sound was left between the two. Tajuh walked up to the injured Spartan.

"Hah... haaaah... nice form. It was a good fight, for a human... hehe" He managed to say between his gasps, his eyes were bleeding and blood was pouring on the ground because of the shotgun blast he took to the stomach, he was close to death. "Maybe death would be better for the world... but who would protect hose soldiers." Storm only sighed as he placed his hand on his wound. Before the victor could decide the Spartan's fate a difficult event happened.

D.Tomoya V Preacher.

The battle between Preacher was not one sided, both side were not landing major blows on each other. Except the exemptions of a minor cuts, scratches and a few bones broken. The bad part for Preacher was that Tomoya was only regenerating and healing most of his injuries. The reason for this was the actually angel bodies, Tomoya was actually managing to transfer their energy into him. Gaining more everything.

As soon as Preacher aimed for the head... he hit. Preacher actually managed to place his sword in the middle of Tomoya's head and face. As the head was split open blood began to flow down the body, Tomoya's body knelt on the ground. a disappointing look came from Preacher as he gazed down the body.

Except a low noise was coming from it.
"He... he... he" It said slowly as the eyes suddenly flashed back open, this time with black lightning actually coming out from it.

"Hehe... AHAHAHAHAHA!"

Tomoya laughed wildly up towards the black sky. Preacher could only see black lightning in the contents of his head. "Did you think you can kill me that easily! He doesn't want me to die ya know! Tomoya talked back to Preacher as he grabbed his sword with both of his hands and pulled it out of his face, leaving more blood... but it was only replaced by electricity.

"Play time is over Father..." Tomoya grimly said as all of the angel corpses in the area were turned to black lightning and all sources of lightning and electricity (Including the barrier) crawled inside Tomoya creating a massive field of black lightning around him.

"DIE!"

Tomoya simply said as most of Tomoya's energy was transfered along the sword and directly into Preacher's body, shocking him. A couple of seconds later Tomoya could only see what looked like Storm whom was about to be executed by Tajuh. Letting Preacher's sword go and ending the attack early, "NOOOOO!!!" Tomoya yelled out and in a blink of an eye he was already in front of Tajuh and gave him a giant push.

He quickly examined Storm's body and saw he was barely hanging on. "You will ALL pay for this. Millions... no... BILLIONS of souls say be cast away because of you!" He said to everyone as he quickly picked up Storm and the two disappeared into black lightning.

As the two disappeared off the face of the Earth, all the alive angel carriers and angels were simply just gone. The weather in the area raged even more then it had before, it began to strike at everything... the so called heroes should leave soon.

Chapter 3 end!

The pale dermal layer of A.I. Vermilion's face turned a shade of... well... vermilion as she processed and digested what Dimitri had heavy handedly stated before she did indeed smile. Even though she still felt as if Tomoya and his commanders were an overwhelming force on the field of battle, the general routing that the Rising Dawn had performed against the D.Angel Army gave her a sense of hope that there was indeed a chance for them to succeed. Not only that, but Dimitri had called her purdy ... in an overly polysyllabic fashion.

"Thank Dimitri. I will remember to smile more often if that makes you more at ease in my presence." She stated as she turned back towards the turret control console and began shooting anew.

"And for the record... you are not so bad looking yourself."

While Dimitri had been programmed for etiquette and manners, fortunately A.I. Vermilion had not been as she smiled at him once again.

"Thank you again for calling me beautiful."

Outside group.
Time: 3am.

Tajuh

As Storm was whisked away, Tajuh mentally sighed in relief. Although the fight had been more difficult than he had let on, he learned a good deal about the Spartan during the fight. The man still had a conscience, and he'd find a way to get rid of that corruption. However, that would have to wait for later: the lightning would prove to be too much if they stayed any longer.

"We've got no reason to stay here a moment longer. Everyone, fall back to the Rising Dawn!" The man's voice carried over the intensifying storm to all those out on the field.

Devon

He saw the lightning pick up and the portals with the armies from hell vanished, proving that they were illusions as the man stopped blinking. "Ella, any way that we could get out of this one and back to that airship up there? I don't know much about you, but I'd rather not die here."

Melethia and Slindis

Just as it looked like the girl was in a situation that would end in her death, the forces attacking her vanished as she was approached by Teri, David, Jake, Slin, and Rugal. "Thanks, but I coulda handled it myse- crap! Lightning! We'd better get outta here fast!"

Slindis looked around, not seeing much of a way to do that. "There's a slight issue with that, Melethia..."

Markus navigated the city streets, trying to remember where he had to go. Simon and Delilah followed suit, sighing as the stares from the public got more intense. 3 hunters in DC at the same time as a conference on the supposed demon Tomoya was big news. But they weren't there for that.

The Xeno-worship cult of Grogmalek had been planning something for some time, and intel suggested that they saw Tomoya as the great prophet of their beloved outer god. The leaders of house DeLange suspected a mass sacrifice to take place, and what better targets than the world leaders? The blood of the leaders of men would surely satisfy Grogmalek, perhaps paving the way for him to awaken from his cosmic trance and descend upon the Earth.

Things were about to get bad.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 . . . 807 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or