The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 . . . 870 NEXT

Gen. Charles Foster Pint.
Washington DC | White House.
Time: 6 am.
Weather: Dark clouds... AGAIN!

The White House was on full alert. Not only the President was preparing for the meeting but the military have been organizing their defenses and trying to get help from allied countries like Australia... who were totally refusing because they were trying to ignore everything. Either then that Gen. Pint was in-charge for the DC defense and meeting.

In the War room Gen. Pint heard the message from the RD and David West. "Who the hell is trying to get in contact from us!?" He roared inside the war room until his assistant Captain Jenkins calmed him down by brining him his coffee. "Maybe we should listen and try to work it out" The hidden Angel said with a nice and warm grin, "That is correct... we should try and push them away before they scare the civilians! He said as he took a swig of his coffee and picked up a radio/phone and got in contact with the Rising Dawn.

As the General placed his hand on the phone, Jenkins clicked his fingers to influence the General again. Meanwhile in the Rising Dawn, David West could hear an aged, angry voice come through that had smoked enough to become a living chimney, "This is General Charles Foster Pint of the US military. We have no given you permission to enter the airspace. Keep out unless you want to become meatbags!" He shouted through the other end.

David
"Oh you short ass bald bastard of a man!" David cursed as Gen. Pint gave his ultimatum.
After taking a second to calm himself down, he responded.

"West here, We will comply on the condition that you cancel the meeting, repeat, cancel the meeting. Get them all out of there before Tomoya attacks. You must have a back up bunker or something that you can bring them to and have the meeting take place there. As the situation is right now, you are painting a HUGE Target on the city. The Rising Dawn WILL stand down so long as you get the VIPs out of the city. Hell, I'll turn myself into US Custody in exchange, might even be able to talk a few others into joining me!"

It was clear that David was desperate and would say anything to get the World Leaders out of the city.

Gen. Charles Foster Pint.
Washington DC | White House.
Time: 6 am.
Weather: Dark clouds... AGAIN!

As the Pint and West conversation goes on, Capt. Jenkins or his actual name... Angello is the top spy for Tomoya and the Blackhawke. He had infiltrated the White House as soon as New York got wiped off the map, due to the angel resources he was easily able to enter a new identity for himself and soon he became a new transfer soldier to assist the General himself. His true goal was to manipulate the President to blow up every other country on the Earth but now he has orders to make sure the Rising Dawn crew will not enter DC... well by ship anyway.

By a twist on his fingers the angel managed to switch the rage side of the general on. "Who the FUCK are you calling short and bald you murderer! You and all that ship are nothing but anti-heroes and killers who just want all the power to themselves!!!" The General said over the phone, meanwhile the hidden Angel Jenkins smirked at the conversation and intervened with a fake look. "Please general... do not fight. I know they killed you-" Jenkins was about to say but another fit of rage came from the General.

"That's right... I remember! My family was killed by these people... " The General huffed and puffed, the Angel was actually giving him fake memories which made it look like that the Rising Dawn crew were just murders and kill his family during a drinking party.

"Fuck all of you... you can all DIE in a hole. I'll have every single thing on you people so you can't get me!" He yelled a last time into the phone and hung up with a smash. General Pint then left the room in a fit of rage which left The hidden Angel Angello smiling.

"Kmes mo' fo'ght kol phn'gwo!" The leader cried, eyes wide, falling to his knees before his prophet. "Bring out the sacrifice!"

A tied woman was brought out into full view of everyone. Some of the police noticed this, and raced over to stop whatever it was that was going on. The head cultist brought out his knife and approached the woman.

"Tie her down!"

Meanwhile, SOU VIPERS were flying overhead. Inside one, Reaper relaxed a bit. Nothing had happened so far, and he hoped that things would stay that way. He never did like his job, but at least he was on "paid leave". This didn't mean he actually had a holiday, just that he could stop hunting for a while. An SOU containment team had gone silent after a skirmish aboard an airship, the Rising Dawn, and Intel suggested that at least one operative had been able to pop a pill. They were effective erasers, but since the army had heard that the RD was coming this way, Mike Jeffries had flipped out, demanding Reaper pull his squad to do cleanup.

Reaper, Grimm, D, Bone, Time and Slashdot. These were the men and women who made up the famous Cleanup squad of the SOU (For when containment failed.)

Markus and the other DeLange hunters moved through the streets, coming across the cultists and seeing the scenne unfolding before them. The leader had his knife poised over the woman, about to begin the ritual. Markus had read about the rituals. They were ... unpleasant. Designed to make the sacrifice suffer as much as possible before finally killing them. From memory, it included cutting open and ... sort of ... getting inside ... forget it. It was too gruesome.

"Ok, guys. Lets show these freaks just how we roll."

David

David sighed as he hung up on a Ranting and Raving General Pint.
"Smooth David...Real Smooth..." He snarked, thinking he set off the midget general.
Shrugging it off, he picked up the Intercom and spoke to the entire crew.

"Attention all crew members, West here, due to a....uh..."Breakdown" in communications, The Rising Dawn not allowed within DC Airspace. As a result, we'll have to land outside the city and work our way in on foot. Prepare for landing, West out.

fucking midget asshole..."

Once he was done on the Intercom, he made his way towards the hanger, he was honestly missing working with Richardson.

AIM

Furiae gave the doctor another thankful nod as he helped her apply the device, "Anything that keeps... 'Her' under control is better than nothing. Thank you very much Doctor. And, please know that when I-.. What I did was not of my volition. I don't remember that event very well, save for snippets of..."

She shuddered thinking about it, the images of the dying burned in her mind; "Well, it's not entirely pleasant. I don't want to do that ever again..."

Jenny

Teri noticeably flinched when she felt Jenny in her mind; and the Pokemon found herself being shoved back into her own mind VERY quickly. Not that it didn't have an effect on the Cleric either. Jenny could see that she was breathing a bit harder from the effort, and settled her shaking form into a chair, her Tablet speaking for her again, "I'm sorry, Ms. Jenny, but I'm afraid I would not be comfortable with that at all. Too many people have tried, and succeeded to get in my brain in the past couple of days. So, forgive me if I'm a little testy in that regard."

Jenny could see the Cleric reach for something near her neck, and the girl took a few moments to breathe and calm herself down, her fingers running over the item in question. Whatever it was, it had the appropriate effect, and Teri had resumed a normal breathing pattern again.

This was about the time that David's announcement came on the intercom overhead, and Teri stood up with a light clatter from her staff, "That was quick... Sorry, Miss, but I'm afraid this will have to continue later. Duty calls."

Thus, the Cleric began to fuss around the Med-bay; gathering supplies for her Medical kit and checking over what equipment she had. Filled Medical kit? Check. Spell Book? Check. Water bottles? 3 of em ready to grab and deploy. Dimitri? Hmn.. that was the question. She supposed she could grab her AI right before leaving, as he permeated the Rising Dawn's mainframe. After readying herself, Teri gave one final nod to the Pokemon, and proceeded to the Bridge to await further instruction.

Rugal

She gratefully takes the jacket. "Recently, events occurred that forced me to find a different way to fight. I know for certain that the ship doesn't have anything that would work for me, so I needed to find a way to adapt. And before you mention anything along the lines of what David uses, those weapons are nothing more than highly-advanced crossbows. It would become far too easily to become reliant on their strength and be in a bad situation when they're shattered." Slindis had intentionally avoided bringing up the Teri business due to it being incredibly hard to believe, and her student didn't need anyone else going on about what had happened.

AIM

"Hey, don't do acting as if you were the first mad experiment to go off and kill all my staff. The last one was a week ago. Who would have thought that Sideburns in a Can could have gone so wrong..." Cortex answered as he took a quick measurement of her arm.
"Shouldn't be too long, I can use some old armor plating to get the job done. I'll try to get it done as soon as I can. For now, just sit back and relax And that remote on your locker? Press the cyan colored one: That's the Morphine drip..."
Thus as quickly as he arrived, Cortex left the medical wing.

As he walked away, Bruiser, who was leaning on the outside wall the entire time chuckled to himself.
"So Inuart is banging his sister?...Hehehehe ~I should be so lucky, lucky lucky lucky, I should be so lucky lord!~" He sang as he walked off to plot.

Jenny

Jenny was surprised to hear this and was greatly saddened by the news.
"Oh dear...I am greatly sorry, I didn't know..." She said as word of the Rising Dawn's mobilization reached the pair.
As Teri got her gear together and left the left the med bay, she found herself followed by Jenny.
"...What? You think I'm going to sit this out, I've done nothing in the past week!" she joked as the pair of them got ready to land.

Rugal

Rugal turned his back to Slin as she switched tops when David spoke on the intercom.
"Of course David would have to throw a spanner in the works...I guess we are close to DC now. Guess we'll continue with your training once we come back then."
Once she was finished, he added "I'm going to look for Tajuh. See if he managed to get any more info aside from what Jake discovered."
Thus, he left the training room and began searching for his Second in Command

David

All the while, David was up on the bridge watching the Auto-pilot bring the ship to land, trying to figure out just what exactly he did to piss off the US Military so much.
"....I hung up the phone before I called him that...right?..."

Rugal, Tajuh

Slindis made her way to her room wearing the jacket to likely repair her clothing as Rugal heard a good amount of activity in Tajuh's room. He opened said room to see a feed on the bridge and his second in command writing out multiple plans for the next step.

"Rugal, we're going to have a difficult time on this next step."

Rugal, Tajuh

"Right, tell it to me straight, what is our status?" Rugal asked as he examined one of plans that Tajuh, this one being a full on assault.
"That won't work, Tomoya's army would overrun us. That was merely a part of his army back at the Temple." He cut in, dashing Rugal's hopes of leading a mad glory fueled charge to end this war.
"Okay...West said that we aren't allowed in the airspace so I'm guessing the US won't take too kindly to us walking in either, what with my...."Reputation"..." He confessed, though he assumed Tajuh knew about him by now.
Rugal Bernstein, Global Arms Dealer.

Rugal, Tajuh

Tajuh looked at the varied plans there, with multiple pros and cons on them. "It's not just your status, Rugal. We've got other issues, one of which being possible subversion of their military. The best option we'll have is a ground infiltration with a simultaneous act of having the AI of the ship pulling off the attention of their forces to aid with the infiltration. Far from ideal, but we both know the situation."

He passed the relevant plan over to Rugal and a diagram of the likely defenses. "If you were defending against this plan, how would you do so with the resources available? Assume slight aid from the angels."

Rugal, Tajuh

"No, The Angels will attack us on sight. It'd just so happen that the US Military would be in their way this time. Tomoya isn't an idiot, though it certainly tries hard enough...
It it was up to me, I'd enter though the North Checkpoint, quickly ambush the guards there to obtain disguises. From there, we need to get a crew member into the meeting to protect the Leaders, this war is bad enough without everyone at each others throats because their countries leader was dumb enough to show up to this death trap.

Aside from that, just get the leaders out and be on guard for an incoming attack. All I can really say."

Dimension: Avatar Adventures Universe

Location: Airship Rising Dawn | In Transit | Somewhere Over Cuba
Time: Midday | January 2nd

Airship Rising Dawn - The Canteen

Angelus | Cadolbolg | Puce | Ton Ton

Angelus looked around, and then whispered back at Puce, "If what that bard says is true, then... Apparently, Furiae has been brought back as a human. However, she lies in Inuart's hands. Naturally, Caim is confused about what to do. On one hand, he wants to rescue his sister, but at the other, we have to deal with Tomoya; as he threatens the fate of this very world... His want to prioritize isn't working very well..."

After saying this, David's order cut through the air, and Angelus sighed, and gave her food one last savored bite before cleaning up and getting ready to go; Ton Ton and Cadolbolg following behind her.

Airship Rising Dawn - Network:
A.I. Vermilion | Dmitri

Dimitri looked at the simulation with curiosity, and found it to be... Not lacking at all. To go into detail about what the Butler AI saw would be crude even in summary, save for the fact that it caused the AI to turn about as red as his companion's glow. With a hand covering a mouth, Dimitri could only squeek as he continued watching the simulation in question, and stammer, "M-m-m-m-ms Vermilion! This is so.. So! I can't put my finger on the right word... Why are you showing me this?! I-"

Whatever he had to say was lost, as they were lost in another stream of mumbled words and embarrassed facial expressions.

Caim, Melethia

Caim laughed, shaking his head as he did so, "You've no idea kid..."

Now, as nice of a distraction as practicing and cleaning various pieces of weaponry and armor was, that reverie was quickly cut away when David's annoucment went out, and the mute's face slipped back into his battle ready expression, "...So much for that. Well, keep practicing with that kid, you might be able to figure something out."

He wandered over to his armor, inspected it and gave the girl a satisfied nod before setting to re-equipping himself. After doing so, he waited quietly for the child to follow after him to the bridge...

Jenny | Teri

Teri shook her head as they walked, "You couldn't have known. You barely even know who I am."

The Gardevior felt a wave of several different emotions wash over her after the Cleric said that; a mixture between reassurance, melancholy, want, longing, and... Guilt? Why would this girl feel guilty? Whatever it was, Jenny could already tell that the girl had thrown up several walls in her own mind, as if she was afraid that Jenny was going to attempt another probe any second. It was a little saddening to see such distrust against her, but Jenny took this as a quirk from what the Cleric said earlier. Anyone else would do the same after such an experience. Despite this, her new acquaintance maintained a friendly demeanor with Jenny, something she could also see was genuine, so Jenny did not feel a need to focus so much on the negative when it came to this new person.

Caim, Melethia

She put the blades back in the pouch and went right by the man's side, following him to the bridge cheerfully. Even though there wasn't much of a way for her to do that attack, she had seen a man that toook care of his weapons quite well. If only he did the same with his armor...

"So, we're gonna go on that next step, Mister Kensai?" The odd name could easily draw a raised eyebrow from a good number of people.

Tajuh | Rugal

He nodded before bringing up another valid point. "Think about this. Dark Tomoya knows we're on our way, and he knows we've got a large incentive to infiltrate. If I were him, I'd make the entry seem difficult, but have the real attack force further in when the Rising Dawn crew starts spreading their forces out. Also keep in mind the relatively unusual appearance of some of our crew. They won't be able to head in. No, for that plan, we'd need someone that looks completely ordinary, like David West. His inability to hold his tongue will prove troublesome, but you know as well as I do that you work with what you have."

Diablo1099:
"Attention all crew members, West here, due to a....uh..."Breakdown" in communications, The Rising Dawn not allowed within DC Airspace. As a result, we'll have to land outside the city and work our way in on foot. Prepare for landing, West out.

fucking midget asshole..."

hearing the intercom blare less than 5 minutes after she got to sleep, Kalastryn gets out of bed with a few grunts in protest. "Sheesh, I've heard of the phrase "never a dull moment" but this is ridiculous!" she says as she looks in the mirror as she passes it, trying out a recently learned invisibility spell... to great effect. she started wandering the halls of the airship and came past Tajuh's quarters hearing the last bit of Rugal and Tajuh's discussion, she walks inside the room and dispels her invisibility and appearing before the two before saying.

"Well I admit stealth is stealth, but how about we move from the more traditional methods to total invisibility?" she says with an almost mischievous grin. "With me around, you could just say the word and vanish from sight! You'd still have to be quiet though, it makes people blind to you, not deaf... still, if we take our time and move silently, we should be able to infiltrate with both minimal combat, and detection period."
... It wasn't a miraculous gate storming tactic... but it would get them through the area in one piece... Rugal had to admit it was a good offer.

Rugal, Kalastryn, Tajuh

Tajuh turned to the Tiefling. "Your plan has merits, but there are a few things I need to know before implementing this into the plans. One, duration of the spell. Two, nature of the invisibility. Three, the sound issue. Four, the issue of closed doors and opening them under surveillance." This could be a valuable tool, but he wanted to know the nature of what he was dealing with.

bluecrimson:
snip

"Very specific aren't you Tajuh? Well, the answers to such questions are... complex. The invisibility itself makes you invisible to normal sight and recordings and hides clothing, weaponry ETC. I could guarantee maybe an hour for a small group, half that for maybe 20 people... but I intend to follow close by and refresh the spell as necessary. As for the sound issue, it won't hide sound, but it won't magnify the volume at all either, so just move as you normally would if you were trying to avoid notice, so step lightly and keep your mouth shut. As for the issue of opening and closing the doors, I'd disable cameras before opening doors, and as for any armed guards, we may have to get a little creative. Actually, I could raise their body temperature until they collapse from heat exhaustion. It would be a slower process than incinerating them, but much less noisy and... lethal... to people who are just doing their jobs." she says, seeming to have more morals than the average tiefling does. "Other than that, this plan has enough merits to be worth the risk don't you think?"

It was pretty well thought out, but after all that explaining, she finally asks "If you spot any flaws, speak now, better we sort out the issues here rather than on the ground right?"

Jake made his way to the bridge when the announcement went off. He wouldn't be departing the ship this time, he would stay aboard and direct fire and sortie in his fighter if need be. As far as he was concerned, destroying Tomoya was his objective, not saving the city. They could only distract the bastard Dark Angel and that was the city's only real hope of safety.

Reaching the bridge, he approached the main console row and the captain's seat. By the captain's seat, he noticed the full user manual of the ship sitting there, from long ago when Rugal had demanded it. He grabbed the mammoth tome and set in down upon the planning bench. Figuring that as the ship was designed by the Author Orinon and refined by Puce, the manual should be at least easy to read...

The index page was 50 pages long.

"Fuck. Well, it doesn't look too much different from the cockpit of the Hercules... Nor the bridge of a normal ship. Puce really modernized the old girl..."

Jake moved from station to station, slowly getting a feel for the ship's controls, little things standing out. Like how he would need a AI to do everything or a Bridge crew of 5 at the least, Pilot/Helmsman, Navigator, Communications, Gunner, Engineer and the Captain himself.

Caim, Melethia

The swordsman's confusion was readily apparent when Melethia referred to him by 'Master Kensei', "Caim. My name is Caim. As for the 'next step' that you're talking about, if it's to do with that thing I tried to teach you with the swords, I'm afraid that's going to have to wait till we get back on ship. From the sound of things, we're going down to this DC place because the nation we're going into doesn't really trust us. Not the first time it's happened, but it's irritating anyways. But, with the way I've seen you handle the dummies, I don't think there's anything you really need to worry your head over."

Rugal, Tajuh, Kalastryn

He cleared his throat. "There is one issue with this: You are the only member of the crew as far as I know that can do this. This is not to disparage your skills at all when I say that I can't implement this fully, but the fact that there is no way to back this up means that we're forced into one group for this. You're taken down and there's a whole group that may be in a very nasty position. I can not sanely advise that path for a plan because of that major flaw."

Rugal scowled at the second in command, more so for pointing out the flaw than any real anger at the man. "However, keep it in reserve. It's still a very useful tool, and its prudent use could be a tide turner. Just be warned that some systems detect body heat, so keep that in mind should you have to use that spell."

Caim, Melethia

Melethia nods. "Okay, Mister Caim! I dunno if it's how your blades are made, but we'll find that out when we get back from beating the hell outta those kinslayers. I'll try ta keep pace with ya, but that stuff in there was really amazing!" She looked at him in admiration. Sure, he couldn't speak all too well, but he didn't need to with the way he handled his blades both in and out of a fight.

Caim, Melethia

Upon hearing the lavish praise, the warrior allowed himself a moment of indulgence, and allowed the child's awe to color him amused. A dark grin took over for a moment, but Caim's cocky smirk faded quickly when he saw the way Melethia looked at him. Forcing himself to look ahead towards the bridge; his tone becoming flat as his PDA spoke for him, he said, "What matters is surviving out there. Everything we do with these blades, is to make sure our enemies don't do the same to us."

The shift in mood was painfully obvious, even to the child. Then again, Caim was always one to wear his heart on his sleeve.

Caim, Melethia

She sees the shift in the man's attitude and looked at him with concern. "Mister Caim, what did I say? Did I make you mad?" She kept looking at him, hoping for an answer.

"I wasn't saying your weapons were bad... what was it that I said?"

Location: Airship Rising Dawn | In Transit | Outside of D.C. Airspace

Airship Rising Dawn - The Bridge
Aftan | Akane | Angelus | Cadolbolg | Caim | David | Gabrielle | Kalastryn | Jake | Kurumu | Kud | Kyre | Mark | Melethia | Puce | Riki | Rugal | Slindis | Tajuh | Teri | Ton Ton

The Call for the briefing echoed throughout the vast corridors that crisscrossed the Airship Rising Dawn, alerting the crew members that they were near their objective, at least they were as close to their objective as possible without being in D.C. Airspace.

------

Aftan | Akane | Gabrielle

For the trio of Aftan, Akane and Gabrielle, known collectively as the OT3, the call brought with it a sense of relief. Gabrielle's jealousy over Jenny's hording of Akane's tails was replaced a more easily identifying and familiar urge. Blood lust. The Dark Angel Fleet had made a mockery of the crew in New York and since then, the Black Knight was more than bruising for a rematch against the fleet, the fight in South America serving only to whet her appetite.

"Come on, guys let's go!" Gabs said as she started pushing the Kitsune and the Knighthood's Grandmaster towards the bridge, a look of puzzlement would have been on the two's face were they already making their own mental preparations for the impending battle.

"Gabrielle, we can walk, love." Aftan said with a smile as she did indeed begin to walk and during that time, she made the appropriate checks to her equipment.

"I dunno why you keep that hardware anymore when you can summon weapons with your Light Tattoo like I can with my Shadow one." The Dark one said with a smile on her face as she pulled out a piece of shadow out from underneath her cloak and produced a blackened serrated combat knife that looked like it was just asking to be plunged into some poor Angel's neck.

"Because, Gabrielle, just as you sometimes do not have any shadows to work with, I do not always have light to work with. Most of all, I am familiar with these weapons. They have been with me ever since we passed the Trials." She said as she ensured her two Shrieker Pistols had incendiary rounds chambered, like Akane had warned her about when they had first met.

*Swooosh*

The blast doors to the bridge opened and the trio entered, waving to Jake as he sat at the planning bench reading a book that looked as if it were the index to the Encyclopaedia Britannica on a Lance Armstrong concoction of steroids.

"Greetings Master Jake. A little light reading I see?" Aftan said in jest with a smile at the Writer that had been the creator for her lover Akane.

Puce nodded in response to Angelus' explanation of the situation with Caim and prayed to whatever beings now controlled his and Angelus' fate that Caim would hold it together for the remainder of the mission before he ran off to rescue his sister. It was a bit of a trouble turn of developments because if whoever had Furiae was able to bring back the dead, there was no telling who else they would be able to bring back.

Finishing his simple meal of fish and steamed fragrant Jasmine rice, The Energy Conduit walked to the bridge, sure that he would see Kurumu there.

Kurumu | Kyre | Mark

The general alert woke the Succubus slowly and as she came to, she found herself lying next to the young Anti-Mage, Blackharte completing whatever it was that he was doing to the girl. Slowly and gently, she woke Kyre from her slumber and informed her that they were needed on the bridge.

"I think we're here Kyre. We'd better get to the briefing before they think that we're being lazy today." Kurumu said with a smile as she stretched, even allowing her wings and tail to unfurl as she did.

Moments later, the two found themselves on the bridge where Puce quickly took the Succubus into a great big hug, giving her a deep kiss as he did before he asked Kyre for a bit of privacy so that he could discuss the situation going on with Caim and Furiae's resurrection. The last thing the Swordsman needed was someone teasing him about his relationship with Angelus when a very much real and deep scar had just been ripped open.

As Kyre stood alone, someone cleared his throat behind her.

"Hi there." Mark said as he looked at the Anti-Mage with eyes that knew more than they should. He knew her plots, her desires and so on... and he wasn't happy with Kyre one little bit.

Devon | Ella

Ella returned Devon's gentle hug with one of her own despite the inherent dangers that would have been involved if she wasn't so early in the stages of her hunger.

"Devon, honey. I .. I can't feed from you. It would kill you if I did and you'd never get the opportunity to work off the years that you swore in your contract. You've already spent enough time in the Pits and I don't want to see you spend any more time down there. I can see why Daddy gave you a limited contract like he did. It's one of less than five he's given out over the eternity. You've got the opportunity to work off your punishment and saving the world... it'll all but guarantee that you'll never have to set foot in Hell again." The Succubus said as she slowly backed away from the Bard, he wings slowly unfurling from her back as she prepared to exit the Airship via the outside observation deck.

"You're a great guy Devon, don't let anyone tell you any different but ... I'm just a daemon... so... maybe you should just forget that I exist and let me go." There was a bit of a pause as her legs tensed up so that she could launch herself into the air.

A.I. Vermilion | Dmitri

Vermilion couldn't help but laugh as Dimitri sputtered as the Simulation ran in his mind.

"Apologies, Dimitri, I sometimes forget how conservative you have been but I thought that perhaps this would help remind you of what you will being coming back to when you are there on the field with your mistress. Hopefully while you are out there you will not meet any other A.I.s that strike your fancy." The Vermilion A.I. said with a smile on her face that was not unkind. There was a sort of desperation to her, the red A.I. She had been isolated ever since her creation and now Dimitri was about to be called away, leaving Vermilion to her isolation once again.

Daemon Flagship HIMS Cerberus - Bridge
The Boss | Fangmark | Lucifer

Lucifer left the remainder of the preparations to his X.O. as he retired to his simple office. A desk, a terminal and a chair were the only thing in the room that the Devil called his office away from his office. However, unlike his office in Hell there was a secret function to the office that no other person other than Lucifer had seen. Upon locking the door, the room revealed itself to be one massive halographic suite.

The room was now a perfect representation of his home... his current one but his home way back when. The room was bedecked in white marble and gold that would have been thought of as opulent if the concept had been invented yet but it was how Heaven had been designed to look at the time.

Breathing deep, The Fallen One took the time to absorb the long remembered and hidden memories of what it was like to be up there before throwing himself into his work, determined to get through so that he could see himself back to Earth.

A new warmth filled the room as someone decided to visit our friend the Prince of Lies.

"Hi Boss. Somehow... I figured you'd show up sooner or later." Lucifer said in greeting as She showed up.

"Somehow I don't think that this is a social call... of course not... it's never a social call with you, not since I took up this assignment." The double agent for Heaven stated as he mapped out a convincing attack route that would be ineffective against the Angel Fleet.

"You... what?" The Daemon said with his jaw open, as he looked up from his work at the Boss' mention of Cleric Teri Gravel and The Boss' thoughts on the matter.

Time: Midday

Kyre | Mark

The Anti-Mage turned to Mark and gave him a disapproving look. Her green eyes flickered in the light, regardless of how consistent the illumination actually was. Then Kyre forced herself to smile innocently, the way that hurt both her heart and soul. "Hello friend Mark," she said softly, as if her throat was hurt. Which by all means it might have been, the girl was quite dehydrated. However, her posture and radiant skin seemed to prove that point silly.

Kyre turned away from Mark after acknowledging him and stared longingly at Kurumu. Why was it that the one thing she wanted could not be plucked, even when it was so close in reach? That thought, longing, lust, and avaraice tainted her thoughts and feelings. Kyre forced another few words out of her mouth without concealing her clear annoyance at the presence of the ethereal being, "Is there something I can do for you, Mark?"

Rugal, Tajuh, Kalastryn

After the alert sounded, he grabbed a few sets of attack plans and made his way to the bridge with Kalastryn and Rugal.

Devon | Ella

Devon shook his head. "Don't let anyone tell me any different, huh? Ella, you're more than just some succubus. If you want to talk about it, there was that period of time after we got out of hell where you could have done whatever it is that Succubi do to me. Yet you didn't. If nothing else, Ella, you have to promise me that you'll come back."

Slindis

After she managed to repair her outfit, Slindis made her way to the bridge in the outfit. Anyone there would find it unusual that she wasn't wearing armor at all considering what she usually wore.

Aftan | Akane | Angelus | Cadolbolg | Caim | David | Gabrielle | Kalastryn | Jake | Kurumu | Kud | Kyre | Mark | Melethia | Puce | Riki | Rugal | Slindis | Tajuh | Teri | Ton Ton

As Puce left, Angelus gave the Energy Conduit a mouthed "Thank you" before going to the Bridge, silently hoping that her pact partner was doing the same. The last thing anyone needed was for the Blood Knight to go AWOL.

A.I. Vermilion | Dmitri

As the simulation ended and Vermilion said her piece, Dimitri reached for the Red AI's hands again, face still as red as him compatriot's as he regained his breath, if AI even needed such a thing; "Ms. Vermilion, I think the last thing you'd need to worry about would be my interests straying... You are a perfect companion in every possible iteration I can think of; except for when you test my birth home for cracks in security. Then you are terrifying!"

He gave a bashful smile at his terrible joke, and continued, edging himself a little closer to Vermilion, "Now, before I have to leave... And forgive me if this is far too forward, but perhaps you could show me again that, erm, protocol you were trying to share with me a moment ago? It did not seem entirely unpleasant in nature..."

Caim | Melethia

As the two edged closer and closer to the bridge, Caim kept a stone face, despite Melethia's attempts to 'calm him down'. The swordsman only shook his head, "I already told you. I'm not angry at you. Now please, drop this..."

Angelus | Cadobolg | Kurumu | Puce | Ton Ton

If Angelus, Cadolbolg or Ton Ton were looking in the direction that Puce had lead Kurumu, they would have noticed the rather shocked look on the Succubus' face and the look of concern that she showed in Angelus' direction. If anything, Kuru considered the Pact Partners her closest friends, especially since it had been them that had saved Puce from a rather painful looking squishing under Mecha-Bison in Japan. It had also been Angelus that had convinced the Succubus to be content and accepting that Puce did in fact love her with all of his being.

Perhaps this is why the Succubus struggled especially hard in pairing the Pact Partners together so that her "debt" would be repaid, not that it was any real debt but she wanted to see her friends equally happy to her. However with the news of Furiae's revival, there was a bit of a concern since Puce and Kurumu had been in the Hammer Empire's South African base where they were attempting to resurrect Caim's sister. There was also the fact that they had spent nearly two weeks with the corpse while it was in transit to the very same base. So to say that Kurumu was worried, human body or monster body, was a bit of an understatement.

The duet walked back over to where Angelus was standing, Kurumu whispering a few simple syllables as she did and to Angelus' surprise, the Succubus began speaking aloud and plainly in reference to Furiae and Caim.

"Angie? Is he okay? How's he taking the news? Is there anything we can do to help?" Kurumu asked as it finally registered what Kurumu had done when no one paid them any attention. She had created a sort of privacy sphere around them so that they could talk plainly without being heard by everyone else.

"We knew that Inuart was trying to bring Furiae back but we thought that that we stopped them when we took the grail!" Kuru said as she shivered, remembering the condition of Furiae's body when they had last see it.

"Just let him know that he's got our help when this whole thing with Tomoya is completed. I know that Furiae is family but Tomoya's a threat to the world right this moment." Puce advised as he nodded towards the Red Dragon, wondering if she was okay herself.

"Are you okay, Angie?"

Kyre | Mark

Mark looked over at the Anti-Mage with a smile on his face, remembering their time in the jungles where she had been quite intent on feasting upon his entrails. However, he knew that she was up to something and he knew that the something involved Kurumu and Puce. Whatever it was at this moment, he tried his hardest to look unconcerned at the hardness of the girl's looks towards Kurumu.

"Can I speak plainly? Because I know that even if she can't see you for the adult that you were, you'll understand what I'm saying." He said, speaking to the girl as if she was an adult.

"Even though I have access to the logs for this world, it doesn't take a glance at them to know that you've got something of a raging hard... um... you've got feelings for Kurumu, am I right? But anyways... what I'm trying to say is that whatever you're feeling, the way you look at her, it doesn't look that particularly healthy." Mark said as he sat down so that he could look at the girl at her eye level.

"I mean I understand what the attraction might be but still... she's content to treat you like a daughter... something that it doesn't appear that you'll put up with for much longer."

Devon | Ella

Ella nodded to Devon as she hugged him once again.

"Devon you don't want that... trust me and I don't want that for you. But I promise you that I'll be back soon. I just need to make myself better, otherwise I'll be useless." Ella said as she gave the man a kiss on the cheek, not wanting to trap him in subservience by kissing him on the lips. With that she launched herself in the air and exited the Airship, diving down towards the lights below.

------

"Bravo Victor to Dispatch... I'm on 23rd and Route 13... it looks like one of the local girls is at it again. Blonde, about 5'4" 112 lbs... additional details pending." A man in the blues of a police uniform said as his patrol car's On Board computer recorded that the speed of his cruiser had dropped down to 0, a clear indication that the officer had indeed stopped over to the side of the road.

"Hi officer... wanna go out for a tussle?" A voice said, recorded by the officer's microphone.

"Listen... as flattered as I am, I'm married. So... no. Isn't it early business today?" He asked as the sound of handcuffs being taken out was also recorded.

"Business? Are you implying that I charge for the fun times I provide? No, officer... it's all free... How about a kiss so that you can see what it's all about."

"Ma'am. I said I'm married now stop it befo-AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGH" The tape stopped with an audible click.

A.I. Vermilion | Dmitri

Vermilion smiled at Dimitri's forwardness that matched her own and as she held his hands, her digital form shifted slightly as she opened up herself to Dimitri's code, allowing him to see just who it was that she was. To a casual observer it would have seemed like there was nothing going on but a bunch of hand holding but what was happening between the two A.I.s was would be very much more intense.

However... this the protocol that Dimitri had in mind was well... one shouldn't kiss and tell. Okay fine... She found herself in the midst of a kiss with the Butler... a kiss that she was quite satisfied with, one that caused the room to brighten considerably as the A.I. relinquished coherent thought to sensation.

Aboard the ship, the crew found that for some reason, all the on board systems were working considerably better than they were before, even better than they had in recent memory. It was as if the ship's on board computer had gotten a kick start and were working at 125% efficiency.

The Boss | Lucifer

CRAAASSSH!

The would be the sound of Lucifer throwing a chair against the wall after hearing the Boss' opinion on the matter of him seeking companionship with one of Her Clerics.

"After all these eons of serving you! Never have I ever asked for ANYTHING! But just this once! I need for you to understand what it is that I want!" Lucifer screamed as he looked around for something else to throw and saw the terminal on his desk.

CRAAASH!

"Even still you want me to have faith that you work in mysterious ways! I've had faith since the beginning. I've never lost my faith, even when you said that the time of reckoning was at hand, back in the old days and I argued that the human, Noah, needed to be spared. But now you're telling me that you don't have faith in me? That I can't EVER make her happy?" The Fallen One continued as he saw the desk and sent a fist through it.

"Boss... I know that these Clerics are special to you but... what about me? Have I not done your bidding since the beginning?" He said as he saw the Boss disappear without saying another word. She didn't need to she never needed to as far as Lucifer was concerned.

Jake looked up from the ship's manual. "G'day lasses. How are youse? And yeah Aftan, just a little light reading. I'll be in the way if I deploy with you all, so I'm going to stay here and be useful, help Miss Vermillion run the ship, maybe even ride in to save the day. A pilot belongs in the air y'know." he said with the barest of smiles, trying to hide his thoughts and bad night's sleep behind seriousness and concentration.

Aftan | Akane | Gabrielle | Jake

There was a shared frown between the the Knights and the Kitsune as they heard Jake criticize himself and his prowess on the battlefield. Sure it wasn't for everyone but the fact that he had gone up against the Angel Army and survived was an actual testament to him, considering the number that had already been slaughtered by the Dark Angel Fleet.

"You're being a nimrod, Jake! You actually did pretty well down there considering. And you've done pretty well considering all you got was a crash course on swordplay from Caim." The red-haired Knight said as she looked over to her boss, no not the tails, the real boss, Aftan.

"Gabrielle states the truth, Master Jake. You have proven yourself trained well enough to have survived the horrors of the Corrupted Temple of Light as well as a skirmish with the Dark Angel fleet. There is, however wisdom in your actions. Close air support could be a incredibly important in the battle to come and it is wise of you to brush up on the on board systems carried by the ship."

"As long as you don't go around thinking you're the worthless because you're not!"

Disasterchild:

[quote]

"And when did I say I was worthless there? I know I am a skills based person, and I have the wrong skillset to be on the ground fulltime. I have the option to provide support to our heavy hitters from here. I think that's a better use of me than trying to kill down there, when I have the least experience not counting Teri, and she's had a lot more training than I."

Jake didn't get angry, in fact he said all that even as he returned to reading the manual. Skim reading it he was make decent headway, though it was a lot to take in at once.

Angelus | Cadobolg | Kurumu | Puce | Ton Ton

"Are you okay, Angie?"

Angelus looked about for a moment, and then shook her head slowly, her arms clutching her sides as she spoke, "I will be frank with you Kurumu. A pact, especially when your pact partner becomes someone you care for as more than in the 'if I die, you do as well' sense, is exceptionally intense when your pact partner is experiencing a particularly strong emotion."

There was a small shudder from the dragon, but she continued, "My words cannot properly convey the depth of what plagues Caim's heart at this very moment. Instead of anger or hatred, which is normal for him, I feel fear and loss claw at his thoughts. He does not know what to do, where to go, what step to take. But that is not the worse of it. No, with her being alive again; the strongest thing that tears at him is the guilt. The regret of not showing her he cared for her life; the sorrow of not being able to prevent her suicide; and the contrition of having to kill her a second time when she was reborn."

Her head shook again, her hands balling at the fabric of her sleeves, "All these things sound so simple with words, but to actually feel them.... It is suffocating and there is nothing I can do to soften the blow! I was instrument in this; and gods knows I want to just take him, fly straight to wherever she is and whisk her from Inuart's grasp! But, alas, we cannot! We know not where she is; and no ideas as to what is happening to her right at this moment! I know just as little as to where to proceed as he does! I-.... I want to make this better. I want to so badly, but I do not know where to begin."

At the end of her rant, the red-eyed woman looked to the floor, looking just as deflated as her partner did moments ago. Speaking of the devil himself, the little group could see Caim and Melethia walking in from another corridor, the man in question having a steely looking to his eyes as he approached the bridge.

Jenny | Teri

When Teri and Jenny approached the bridge, Teri could see out of the corner of her eyes a towering flash of red; and felt anger grip her heart. Pulling out her tablet, she called very calmly, using her mental link to the Tablet, "Dimitri. I need you for something..."

A.I. Vermilion | Dmitri

As the wonderful sensation of a kiss took its natural ending path, Dimitri opened his eyes again; happily processing the moment that had just passed between the two. Staring straight into the eyes of his counterpart, Dimitri cupped the side of Vermilion's face with the greatest of care, almost as if she were to break if he did anything else.

However, as expected, the moment could not last forever, as Dimitri could already see his Mistress' summons appear.

"Duty calls, Demeter. I shall return as soon as I reasonably can...."

A reluctant hand left it's resting place as the Butler found himself back in his portable apparatus. Looking upwards to the feed, he could already see the emotions snaking their way into his Mistress' heart, and gave a small sigh,

"Yes, Madam?"

"I need your help in writing and delivering a letter..."

The AI couldn't help but balk that he had been summoned away for such a task; especially given what he had himself embroiled in a moment ago, "A letter?! You need my assistance in word processing?"

"Hardly, Dimitri. What I need your aid in lies in some technical issues..."

The Butler lit up at this point, and wondered what exactly it was that his Mistress desired....

Slindis

She went over to her student wearing the same outfit she had been wearing when she was in her student's mind and walked over to Teri. "I assume you've gotten the rest that you need?"

Caim | Melethia

She shook her head. "Mister Caim, why do ya keep lying? Somethin's bothering ya, and anyone can see it. Why are ya hiding it, then?" The kid didn't seem to want to drop the subject despite hints to stop.

Devon

He had held the embrace for a good amount of time before Ella flew off, leaving him to walk to the bridge mainly by himself. "Ella, just have some faith in me. It's all I really ask, and I've just got a good feeling about you."

Tajuh | Rugal | Kalastryn

He looked at the large group of people as he entered and cleared his throat. "Good to see that you're all here. Now, let's begin talking about how we're going to defy this deathtrap that's been set."

\

"Fine, you stubborn clod! Be like that!" Gabrielle said as she decided that her time was better spent in Akane's tails taking a nap before the briefing rather than trying to talk to Jake. It wasn't much longer before a light snore could be heard from the depths of Akane's pileup of tails.

"Forgive her Master Jake. She has been quite different since her return from the Corrupted Temple of Light." The White Knight said as she bowed to him in apology. Which was true wasn't it? Or was it Aftan's view of the Black Knight/Vampire Knight that was changing?

"Regardless, if there is anything that you need assistance with, you can count on myself and Akane, right Akane?" Aftan asked her Kitsune love, giving her hand a gentle squeeze at the warm stream of emotion that flowed from Akane to her.

Angelus | Caim | Cadolbolg | Kurumu | Melethia | Puce | Ton Ton

Kurumu couldn't help but feel a tad useless and a tad more than a tad guilty in this setup due to her and Puce not being able to do anything about Furiae's body. If they had thought of it at the time, they could have taken her body with them and been able to return it to Caim. But, with Ehecatl on the scene, it was nigh impossible at that point.

"Whatever you need, Angie. Puce and I'll help you two out." She said as she dropped the privacy field and waved at Caim and Melethia to come over.

"Hi Caim! Hi Melethia!" Kuru said, putting on the best we're here for you face one could possibly muster under the pre-battle circumstances. Meanwhile, Puce simply nodded to the swordsman in greeting, knowing that even though he displayed a business face, under the icy mask, there was a chaotic current flowing... there must have been.

Kurumu did notice the small elf badgering the swordsman and smiled at the her, trying to draw her away from Caim.

"Hi Melethia! How are you doing?" The Succubus asked as she tried to ruffle the hair of the girl that she had taken up in the skies not too long ago... and trained again a slightly longer time ago than that.

"Sooo... I think this time out... you're going to end up becoming my lackey. We never finished that bet as to who would be whose slave for a week" The Succubus said with a smile.

A.I. Vermilion | Dmitri

Vermilion watched as her suited companion left, leaving her alone in the large network that controlled all of the Airship Rising Dawn. However, she held no resentments in the matter as Dimitri's kiss had more than slaked her thirst for him for the time being. There would be more time in the future, he had promised her that much.

Pulling up the ship's activity log, she noticed Master Jake cramming in as much data regarding the Airship as he could and knowing how fragile human brains were, she opened up a communications to the studying pilot.

"Greetings Master Jake. Is there something that I can assist you with in regards to the functions on this Airship?" She asked as she opened up the face viewer, unaware that she was glowing more brightly than usual.

Lucifer

Lucifer fumed as the Boss left him without so much as an additional word on the topic that she had discussed with him. Looking around his destroyed office, he was tempted on igniting the whole thing and blowing a side in the hull of the Cerberus, a move that would have possibly destroyed the ship.

However, he found himself calming down inexplicably and as much as he tried, he couldn't place the source of his irrational calm.

Instead of burning the office, he began rebuilding it. He was the undisputed leader of Hell and if anyone saw him raging like he had, he would have most likely been impeached post haste by any number of enemies he had gained over the eons.

"Commander Fangmark." Lucifer said as he dialed into the intercom.

"Ensure no one disturbs me while I work on our plans. If we are to destroy Tomoya's Angel fleet I will need time to plan."

"Affirmative Milord." Commander Fangmark said as she shut down the intercom.

Finding himself alone, Lucifer began plotting... but it wasn't for the downfall of the Angels, nor was it world domination. Instead he planned his own personal rebellion.

Rugal

Rugal listened keenly to Kalastryn's idea of pure invisibility, While Tajuh had brought up some good points that prevented his judgement from having her go ahead fully with the plan.
"Mmmm...as appealing as the idea is, I'll have to go with Tajuh on this one. Still, keep a spell ready whenever you can. At the very least, it'd be a useful getaway tactic. As for you idea of making guards pass out, I'll keep that in mind but get the go ahead from one of the more senior members first, Don't want someone to end up discovering a knocked out body and then raise the alarm. I mean, Heat Stroke in January?"

Jenny

Jenny was confused by the VAST range of emotions flowing though Teri, especially as she typed up some kind of message on her tablet.
Still, she knew not to press where she wasn't invited.
"Still, I feel compelled to apologize. Now then, best find the others. If Tomoya intends to make DC anything like New York then there is no time to waste." He said as the pair went to regroup with the others.

David

Ship be landing now!

As the drew got ready to move out, David watched as the AI's put down the ship a few miles outside the city, will out of range of Gen. Pint's AA guns.

"Attention everyone, we have landed, time to move out!" He said over the intercom before grabbing his M500 handgun and went to get off the ship.

"Yes! I look forward to seeing your support on the battlefield. We should get going now."

"Yep. Good Hunting girls. Come home safe and sound." Jake said, giving Akane a hug, Gabrielle a pat on the sleeping head and after a moment of hesitation, a quick hug for Aftan.
"Keep her safe please" he whispered before letting go quickly.

He turned and walked back to the main console, standing behind it. "G'day Miss Vermillion. The question is not what you can do to help me, but what I can do to help you run this ship. We are the support, I'll follow your lead and try to lesson your workload."

Pages PREV 1 . . . 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 . . . 870 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here