Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (Part One) 1 release date delayed to June 9, 2023. Part II March 29, 2024. Madame Web release date July 7, 2023

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Release Date Delayed to 2023

Pack up your web-shooters, folks. Sony has delayed Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (Part One) to a new release date of June 2, 2023, per Deadline. Meanwhile, its freshly announced sequel, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Part II, will arrive on March 29, 2024. Lastly, the Sony’s Spider-Man Universe spinoff movie Madame Web has received a release date of July 7, 2023, and it will apparently be directed by S.J. Clarkson.

Recommended Videos

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (Part One) received its first-look trailer last December, revealing little in the way of plot but providing a dazzling visual showcase. At that time, the film was supposed to arrive in theaters this October. It is being directed by Joaquim Dos Santos, Kemp Powers, and Justin K. Thompson, and both parts of Across the Spider-Verse will arrive in theaters in premium large formats and IMAX.

No reason has been offered for the release date delay, but considering the Oscar-winning quality of the first movie, the wait for Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (Part One) will likely be worth it. If the film continues taking influence from the comic books, there is a good chance the villain Morlun may show up, a vampire-like enemy with Hulk-like strength who is one of the most terrifying threats Peter Parker has ever faced.

Meanwhile, over in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness launches May 6, and Thor: Love and Thunder just received its first trailer ahead of its July 8 release.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article Furiosa: Is Tom Hardy in the Mad Max: Fury Road Prequel?
Tom Hardy as Max Rockatansky in Mad Max: Fury Road
Read Article Agatha: Who Does Joe Locke Play in the MCU Series?
Joe Locke and Marvel Comics character Billy Kaplan/Wiccan
Read Article X-Men ’97: Who Is Theo James’ Character, Bastion?
Bastion in X-Men '97 Season 1, Episode 7, "Bright Eyes"
Related Content
Read Article Furiosa: Is Tom Hardy in the Mad Max: Fury Road Prequel?
Tom Hardy as Max Rockatansky in Mad Max: Fury Road
Read Article Agatha: Who Does Joe Locke Play in the MCU Series?
Joe Locke and Marvel Comics character Billy Kaplan/Wiccan
Read Article X-Men ’97: Who Is Theo James’ Character, Bastion?
Bastion in X-Men '97 Season 1, Episode 7, "Bright Eyes"
Author
John Friscia
Former Managing Editor at The Escapist. I have been writing about video games since 2018 and editing writing on IT, project management, and video games for around a decade. I have an English degree, but Google was a more valuable learning resource. I taught English in South Korea for a year in 2018, and it was exponentially more fun than living in Pennsylvania. My major passions in life are SNES, Japanese RPGs, Berserk, and K-pop. I'm currently developing the game Boss Saga with my brother, which is guaranteed to change your life and you should buy it.