Roleplayers' Index & Digest - New Update - Submit New Roleplays!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Live RP Index & Digest

Find everything you need to get the most out of the role-playing forum

................................(O)
................................<M
...o..........................<M
.../| .. .. .. .. .. .. . .. . /.:M\---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------,. ,. ,. ,. ,. ,
(O)[]XXXXXXXXXXXX[]I:K+}=====<{H}>===============================================================------------>
.. \|. ^^. ^. ^. ^^ . ^^ . \:W/---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------'. '. '. '. '. '. '
.. o ........................ <W
................................<M
................................(O)

What exactly is the Index & Digest?

The Roleplayers' Index & Digest is set up for all Escapists to obtain information on the numerous roleplays, without having to read through a dozen pages in order to find what they're looking for.

Part 1: Index
To allow us to keep an up-to-date record, we would like people to post links to threads that they are either GMing or in which they are participating, using the handy-dandy form below:

Name Of Your RP

GM(s): Here you list the people in charge of the roleplay. Co-GMs may be added at your discretion.
Genre/Type: Basically, what is your RP based on? Real life, space opera, superheroes? Add the answer to that question here.
Status: What is the condition of the RP? Is it open and accepting? Or has it begun and progressed far enough to no longer need any further applicants?

Link: Here you can either copy/paste the URL of the thread, or provide a shorter hyperlink using the LINK tag.
Usergroup: If you want, you can provide a link to the usergroup that has been set up for your RP. This does not apply if you don't have a group, of course.

Brief Description: We would like a small paragraph from you describing your thread. Keep it about two to three lines long, nice and easy. Essentially this is a summary of the premise of your thread; sell it to us.

Of course, if an RP has been posted here, it does not need to be re-posted by another participant, unless said participant is the GM correcting something.

Part 2: Digest
Every so often I will update the thread by compiling the roleplays that have been added, and these will be placed in my next post in the thread. I may also put up a special post describing some of them. Posts like these will be known as Digests, in a similar manner to Susan Arendt's RP Digest feature on the Escapist.[1] If I do put up a post like this, I will talk to the GMs of their threads first, and perhaps obtain a longer summary of their RP to be added to the Digest.

For convenience, I will provide links in the OP to any Digests that are posted.

Hope you found this useful!

Author's Note:
This is not a direct copy of Claymorez's original thread. Some parts of his thread have been directly copied (like the ASCII sword), but most have been redone to better suit the way I make my threads. He offered to let me run the Index & Digest, and I happily stepped up to the challenge.

All roleplays that were submitted to his thread have been re-posted here, below. All of them have been rewritten to suit the form provided in this thread.

Because hey, why not, I'm going to keep a running tally of the number of spambots that have made their presence here.
Number of Spambots: 4

Roleplayers' Index:

Prey: A Character Driven RP

GM(s): SamuelT
Genre/Type: Modern / Magical Powers
Status: May accept new players depending on quality of entry, PM SamuelT for more information.

Link: First page
Usergroup: User group

Brief Description: An RP about individuals (can be human or non-human) with unusual powers being hunted by a mysterious enemy. Current characters range from a half-demon and a magician to a fox-spirit and a disappearing child. May accept new players, if interested in joining please start by signing up to the user group!

The Escapist Avatar Adventure

GM(s): Ramthundar, SamG, RagnorakTres
Genre/Type: Open
Link

Brief Description: See your avatar? Make it a character. If ever there was a democratic RP, this is it. Permanently open, you can drop in and out as you see fit. There are nominal GMs, but we're mostly there to make huge plot arcs and tank everything. Adaptation is key, since you never quite know what your fellow posters will come up with...

The NPC's Daily Life - Video Character RolePlay

GM(s): Indeterminate
Genre/Type: Video Game Characters, Fantasy, Survival Missions, Romance
Status: Started/Open, PM me your Character Sheet after reading Rules please.

Link: Link

Brief Description: Year=2021. WMD (World of Mac's Destination) had a project called Project Trojan in which they made a console, Sigma XE. This made games so realistic that NPCs practically became living, thinking beings. After a few problems, the devices broke. NPCs materialized everywhere. Obviously, that was bad. We were put in reservations, bad reservations. This is our story.

The Aegis Protection Firm

GM: Chicago Ted
Co-GMs: axle 19 The Zango
Genre/Type: Mass Effect

Link: The Aegis Protection Firm
Usergroup: The Aegis Protection Firm Roster (Invites are given to accepted members)

Brief Description: Omega has changed. In the past few months, borders have shifted, people have died, and three of the largest mercenary groups established on Omega have toppled. Omega's integrity has been weakened further, as now it seems everyone is struggling for control. You join Aegis, a mercenary company that has claimed a few districts of Omega for itself in its attempt to carve its way to the top.

The Road to Indigo (Pokemon RP)

GM(s): NeoAC/Mookie_Magnus
Genre/Type: Fantasy/Video Game/Anime

Link: The Road to Indigo

Brief Description: 8 young aspiring trainers are sent out on a quest in Kanto, 10 years after the original series. Along the way they will acquire new partners, battle Gym Leaders and run into the shadowy syndicate Team Rocket. Basically you've seen the game, you've seen the anime, you can figure out what's going on here.

Yu Yu Hakusho! Spirits Amok!

GM(s): All Hail Lelouch
Genre/Type: Based in the Yu Yu Hakusho Universe

Brief Description: Strange events are happening in Danmour, a small, quiet town about thirty miles Northwest of New York City. A small group of its Highschoolers are claiming to see monsters and demons.It is the duty of these Spiritually Aware teens to beat back the demons that are invading their town, cut off the source, and save the world. Along the way, they will make new allies, find old veterans, wield powerful artifacts, and harness their spiritual powers to defend their friends, family, and themselves.

Ruins: A Memory of Man's Destruction

GM: Lost in the Void
Genre/Type: Post Apocalypse/Steampunk

Link:
Ruins: A Memory of Man's Destruction
Interest Thread

Description: Imagine a world that nature has reclaimed; no skyscrapers, pollution and machinery destroying our delicate world. Things are simpler now; simple tribes litter the planet, scattered by petty ideology, much like humanity always has been. This is the world now; after the Event, the Ascension occurred where humanity took a step back from their industrial powers and it seemed like an overnight change to the way things are now. You are members of one of these tribes; you live shadowed by the tattered ruins of an old factory. Your tribe has a rich history of new culture and technology, based off the steam devices scouts have found in the factory; however there are rooms, despite being opened once, have been sealed and locked away; the Elders seem to hold these secrets from the population. Fortunately, you and your friends are only children by their standards, barely 16; in short a free reign is given easily to explore the ruins. There is a misplaced trust that the child's mind doesn't turn to mischief; perhaps in these ruins lay treasures to be found, technologies beyond imagine, or even just an adventure waiting to happen.

Shadows of the Universe

GM(s): staika
Genre/Type: Sci-fi Action

Brief Description: The year is 2578 and a 30 years before then a massive World War the Earth is on the brink of collapse. Needing a new planet to colonize the Earth formed a new world government known as the Earth Union. The first action of the Earth Union was to put most of it's resources into finding a viable long distance space travel system. The Earth Union also allowed a secret group of Genetically altered soldiers known as WINGS to lead the way for the colonization of planets. Now the Earth has 3 different long distance ships and the EUS Berlin which houses the WINGS leads the way to find new planets to colonize but they are not alone in the universe.

What waits for them in the Shadows of the Universe.

An Obscured World: A Clockwork Fantasy RP

GM(s): PrinceofShapeir
Genre/type: Steampunk Fantasy

Brief Description: In a world where high technology and magic exist side by side, a small group of men and women find themselves in a cave, bereft of their memories with only a single clue as to who they are. In their efforts to uncover their identity, they will find far darker secrets awaiting them in the shadows.

Mass Effect: Coalition

GM(s): CounterAttack
Genre/Type: Mass Effect (video-game based RP)

Brief Description: One year after the events of Mass Effect and the Battle of the Citadel, Spectres are dying all across the galaxy. With their limited number of agents dwindling, the Council sends three of their number to investigate. One of these, a turian named Recarius Kallidan, is tasked with building a team to assist in his mission. He will lead this team across the stars, and find the threat to the galaxy before its tenuous stability weakens even further.

Haunted Grounds

GM: Raynoson
Genre/Type: Modern Supernatural survival/investigation

Brief Description: Sent to a mysterious town and its surrounding area, dark times are ahead as foreboding winds speak of darkness lurking within. Try and find out what has gone on and figure out the enigma, maybe try and escape with your life, or perhaps you simply wish to survive. Driven by characters and how far some are willing to go, the horror is just beginning in these Haunted Grounds.

Star Brigade: A 53rd Century Adventure RP

GM(s): JoJoDeathunter, avouleance2nd
Genre/Type: Futuristic Space Adventure

Link: First page
Usergroup: Currently under development

Brief Description: An RP based in the 53rd century universe, it entails the struggle of the 7th Diplomatic Corps to prevent a war erupting between two alien species: the norg and durras. The RP contains 11 playable races and 4 NPC races in total, as well as many pages of universe history, geography and biology available.

Your Blood In My Veins

GM(s): Lost In The Void
Genre/Type: Post-Modern, Supernatural

Link:
Interest Thread
Your Blood In My Veins

Brief Description: In a semi-futuristic New York City where vampires and humankind co-exist in peace, a recent string of vampire deaths begins a rift between the two species... a rift that may result in full-scale civil war.

The World of Osvar

GM(s): Eternal-Chaplain
Genre/Type: Open world, Fantasy

Link: The World of Osvar

Brief Description: The vast world of Osvar waits to be explored by intrepid adventuring parties from across her kingdoms! Who will you be? Good, Evil, The Prince, or The Peasant? Everything is up to you here in the infinite span of treasures, dangers, and those who guard them.

Grasp of the Enemy: An Original Skyrim RP

GM: Sandor [The Hound] Clegane
Genre/Type: Video Game Based - Skyrim

Brief Description: A party of travellers are leaving the City of Solitude, heading to Whiterun for a number of varied reasons. However it seems that the wagon they are riding in is destined never to make that far... A decision driven RP where a party must survive the harsh lands of Skyrim and combat a powerful enemy. But with the enemy lurking around every corner, feral beasts prowling the wasteland and party members who could be planning betrayal (or worse) just staying alive becomes a very tough prospect.

"Rigor Mortis" - A Life After Death RP

GM: TheIronRuler, Co-GM Link_To_Future
Genre/Type: Hard Modern Day Dark Fantasy

Link: Rigor Mortis

Brief Description: You're dead. Congratulations. A voice offers you an escape of the darkness that surrounds you and you cling onto it. You wake up to see a man examine your body and give you two instructions: sort out your earthly business in four hours and get to an apartment after you're done. You've agreed to work for the man, and no matter the job you have to perform it - you must follow through in order to live another day. The group is then sent to collect debts, dispatch unruly leaders, solve gang feuds, locate thieves and performing an occasionally large scale assassination. You ask them why.

No. Dead men tell no tales.

[1] The RP Digest has since been discontinued.

Author's Note: This post is reserved for future Indexes, links to Digests and whatnot.

Interview 1: GMs and the Way They Work

Author's Note: As is this one.

First Comment: I'm helping GM the Academy? Neat

Second comment Awesome guide, both you and Claymorez deserve credit for starting and finishing the project

Third Comment: I need to get a description for Mythos 2 going. Eh maybe after work. In short good to see it up

*grumbles about the GM's regarding Game of Life*

Anyways, nice job this should be useful ^^

It seems that most of the interesting ones here have died. Too bad.
I've been wanting to get in on an Epic Fantasy RP, such as Athalon's Pass and Shield of Fremmol but... oh well.

Jav3lin:
I've been wanting to get in on an Epic Fantasy RP, such as Athalon's Pass and Shield of Fremmol but... oh well.

I may be starting a new thread sometime soon; just waiting for confirmation from one of my friends who was in the previous edition of it.

Alright, here's a new entry for you:

The Pub

GM(s): Captainguy42
Genre/Type: Meta RP
Link: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/362.207020-The-Pub-A-Meta-RP-Always-Open#7013475

Brief: In this RP you can jump in and out at anytime, with any character that you would like. Your character can meet other characters from other dimensions (read: RPs). Essentially it's a great big meet and greet for all the characters that you Escapists can come up with. All your character will remember is seeing a door with an open sign and walking in. If they leave they won't remember anything that happens in the Pub when they leave, but when they return they'll remember everything that happened before.

First I'd like to say well done to both Claymorez and CounterAttack. Secondly I would like to add a couple of bits of info for the Prey RP:

Genre/Type: Modern / Magical Powers
Status: May accept new players depending on quality of entry, PM SamuelT for more information.

Thirdly I'd like to ask about the Digest, will it only be about newly made RP's or will you also cover older currently running RP's?

JoJoDeathunter:
Thirdly I'd like to ask about the Digest, will it only be about newly made RP's or will you also cover older currently running RP's?

I'll be covering almost all RPs that have been submitted to both this thread and that of Claymorez. For the first Digest, I'd like to get a mix of older and newer threads, maybe throw in a couple of brand-new RPs that are open and accepting people.

Thanks for the extra details, I'll add them to the Prey entry.

CounterAttack:

Jav3lin:

I may be starting a new thread sometime soon; just waiting for confirmation from one of my friends who was in the previous edition of it.

I'll keep my eyes open.

Hey, I got an idea. Why don't you also put separate spoilers for open and closed RP's? That way it would be easier to find what you're looking for.

The City

GM(s): Korten
Genre/Type: Non-Linear Fantasy

Link: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/362.258492-The-City-RP-Fantasy-Open-Started-PM-me-your-Character-Sheets?page=1
Usergroup:http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/The-City-RP

Brief Description: After a ancient war, three thousand years ago, that made the rest of the world unhabitable, t he large amount of survivors moved to the continent. A continent that has lost its name, just like the City. When the survivors came, they began to expand onto the city until it engulfed the whole continent. Now it is seperated into Districts, Factions fight over resources and try to stay alive.

The Janus Excursion Reboot

GM(s): Lizmichi, blaze96
Link: The Janus Excursion Reboot
Brief Description: Lead by Specter Nyxsara Rasai a team of mixed race merc group sets out on a mission that could save the galaxy. However, there's not grantee that all the crew will survive. Set one year after Shepard's death this RP follows Mass Effect paragon/renegade system, each RPer's choice will affect the outcome of each mission and the over all story.

The Spirit of Chivalry

GM(s): Captainguy42
Genre/Type: Sci-fi
Link: The Spirit of Chivalry
Brief Description: In this RP the players are playing the officers aboard the Federation Ship Chivalry, a craft whose task is to maintain order in a newly opened frontier. The characters will be commanders of squadrons of strike craft or even the Captain of the Chivalry itself. The players will engage in fights that will determine the fate of this frontier and possibly the rest of the Federation.

Just so you're aware the Generic RP has failed, thus it not needing to be on the Index

Also I would like to announce that Mythos is going from "Closed" to "Accepting Sheets Via PMs"
Its description is follows: A narrative based RP, Mythos takes us into the dystopian future, where mythical creatures known as the Mythos have been branded 'monsters' and terminated without remorse. You belong to a small squad in the resistance force, lead by a figure known as Anthony. It is your job to stop the UN from implementing genocide againt the Mythos. If only that was the biggest threat...

Really nice job laying this RP Forum out, it's really useful and impressive. Thanks so much for your effort and thus I love how others have cool RP Threads too. Congrats to you on a job well done ^_^!

Here's mine.

Alpidal

GM: Ultrachicken

Genre/Type: Sci Fi

Link: Alpidal

Brief Description: A small, yet important colony has been struck with a mysterious bomb of unknown origins. The city lies in chaos and ruin, while an EMP field prevents standard means of investigation. Players will be in a small squad, sent into the city to gather intel on the situation, using futuristic weaponry and armor to stay alive in the mayhem, while uncovering the mysteries of the planet.

The Aegis Protection Firm

GM: Chicago Ted
Co-GMs: axle 19 The Zango
Link: The Aegis Protection Firm
Usergroup: The Aegis Protection Firm Roster (Invites are given to accepted members)
Brief Description: Omega has changed. In the past few months, borders have shifted, people have died, and three of the largest mercenary groups established on Omega have toppled. Omega's integrity has been weakend further, as now it seems everyone is struggling for control. You join Aegis, a mercenary company that has claimed a few districts of Omega for itself in its attempt to carve its way to the top.

I also have the problem.Now it is solved.

Johto Team League

GM: Armcheesus
Genre/Type: Pokemon RP
Link: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/362.266486-Pokemon-RP-interest-Forum-Johto-Team-League#10162869
Brief Description: A Pokemon RP that takes place in the near future set in the Johto League, many Pokemon have migrated to different regions and trainers fights using teams of 3 to conquer gyms and Leagues instead of 1 on 1.

Name: The escapist colosseum
GM: atwin32
Genre: misc.
link: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/362.271060-Escapist-Colosseum

Anyone can register any character of any type to participate in RPG style battles over the weekend.

Arcane Uprising: Setting Sun

GM(s): Lizmichi
Genre/Type: Dragon Age/Fantasy
Link: Arcane Uprising: Setting Sun
Brief Description: Ferelden is still ravaged with Darkspawn 6 months after the end of the Blight. With the Gray Warden commander in Coastland, Alistar calls Antivan Gary Warden Fen Arsan for assistance. She is charged with the duties to rebuild the Gary Wardends and protect Ferelden from Darkspawn. It seems, however, issues between the Chantry and Mages may get in the way of her quest.

The Crown of Albion

GM(s): PrinceofShapeir
Genre/Type: Fantasy, Arthurian Legend
Link: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/362.273694-The-Crown-of-Albion-RP-interest-check
Brief Description:After the death of King Arthur, Britain is in chaos as the bastard tyrant Mordred claims rulership. Opposing him is Arthur's true heir, Constantine, who seeks to raise a new Round Table to overthrow him.

Heads-up, people who read this thread:

I will be conducting a series of interviews with GMs of threads soonish, and these interviews will be posted in this thread when completed. If you're a GM interested in taking part in this, shoot a message my way and I will see what I can do. I'll probably talk to about five to eight people for this survey/interview process.

With this, I think we can display the ideas and thought processes of some of our GMs, and maybe provide some hints and tips on roleplaying, writing in general, and possibly even help for aspiring GMs.

Been meaning to actually submit this, kinda dragged my heels but it's up now!

The Road to Indigo (Pokemon RP)

GM(s): NeoAC/Mookie_Magnus
Genre/Type: Fantasy/Video Game/Anime
Link: The Road to Indigo
Brief Description: 8 young aspiring trainers are sent out on a quest in Kanto, 10 years after the original series. Along the way they will acquire new partners, battle Gym Leaders and run into the shadowy syndicate Team Rocket. Basically you seen the game, you seen the anime, you can figure out what's going on here.

CounterAttack:
*snip*

Now that I think about it, you should take Escapism Academy and Ratings War V off the list. They're done. Ratings War VI should be up soonish, so I might put that up here whenever it gets going.

And since I'm here:

Saviours Of The Waking World

GM: Sam G
Co-GM: revolverwolf
Genre/Type: Homestuck RP
Link: Saviours Of The Waking World
Usergroup: Saviours Of The Waking World RP Discussion
Brief Description: You, a youth full of energy and anticipation, stand in your bedroom, preparing to play a game with seven of your friends. This is not just any however; this game could decide the fate of the universe, and several other universes, for that matter. Along the way you shall experience wacky antics, evade devious foes, encounter tragedy, romance, humour, and possibly even discover the true meaning of that human disease called "friendship".

revolverwolf:
Now that I think about it, you should take Escapism Academy and Ratings War V off the list. They're done. Ratings War VI should be up soonish, so I might put that up here whenever it gets going.

Done. Cheers for the heads-up.

Y'know, that should be a thing. If someone notices that an RP is still here when it's finished, they should tell me more often. That way the Index gets updated constantly and we don't have any outdated material on the front page.

CounterAttack:

Done. Cheers for the heads-up.

Y'know, that should be a thing. If someone notices that an RP is still here when it's finished, they should tell me more often. That way the Index gets updated constantly and we don't have any outdated material on the front page.

Since I had a bit of free time, I just went through the list now and the following RPs haven't been posted on since February at the latest, so I assume they're all dead:

Also Strain hasn't been posted on since the 10th March so that's probably died too but I'll leave that one up to you to judge since that is a much shorter inactivity time than the others I've listed here.

JoJoDeathunter:
Since I had a bit of free time, I just went through the list now and the following RPs haven't been posted on since February at the latest, so I assume they're all dead:

Also Strain hasn't been posted on since the 10th March so that's probably died too but I'll leave that one up to you to judge since that is a much shorter inactivity time than the others I've listed here.

Thanks a bunch for that. I've updated the Index as necessary and revamped the format in which RPs are indexed. I'll give Strain until the 10th April; if there are no new posts there by then I'll remove it.

The Janus Excursion has simply been put on hold: it will be revived at a later date. It will still happen, just not right now: hence why I'm keeping it there.

Yu Yu Hakusho! Spirits Amok!

GM(s): All Hail Lelouch

Genre/Type: Based in the Yu Yu Hakusho Universe

Link: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/362.275238-Yu-Yu-Hakusho-Spirits-Amok-A-Spirit-Detective-RP

Usergroup: N/A
Brief Description: Strange events are happening in Danmour, a small, quiet town about thirty miles Northwest of New York City. A small group of its Highschoolers are claiming to see monsters and demons.It is the duty of these Spiritually Aware teens to beat back the demons that are invading their town, cut off the source, and save the world. Along the way, they will make new allies, find old veterans, wield powerful artifacts, and harness their spiritual powers to defend their friends, family, and themselves.

This is my first time creating an RP so i hope that this one prospers. :D

With the conclusion of Mythos it has become time for me to step into the GMing chair already. As such here is the description of the new RP

Name: The Ruins [Prototype Name]
GMs: Lost in the Void
Genre: Post Apocolypse/Steampunk
Link: Interest Thread

Description:

Imagine a world that nature has reclaimed; no skyscrapers, pollution and machinery destroying our delicate world. Things are simpler now; simple tribes litter the planet, scattered by petty ideology, much like humanity always has been. This is the world now; after the Event, the Ascension occurred where humanity took a step back from their industrial powers and it seemed like an overnight change to the way things are now. You are members of one of these tribes; you live shadowed by the tattered ruins of an old factory. Your tribe has a rich history of new culture and technology, based off the steam devices scouts have found in the factory; however there are rooms, despite being opened once, have been sealed and locked away; the Elders seem to hold these secrets from the population. Fortunately, you and your friends are only children by their standards, barely 16; in short a free reign is given easily to explore the ruins. There is a misplaced trust that the child's mind doesn't turn to mischief; perhaps in these ruins lay treasures to be found, technologies beyond imagine, or even just an adventure waiting to happen.

We've had three spambots in this thread. Why are they targeting this one in particular, I wonder... Most perplexing.

Of Mages And Kings: A Twokinds RP

GM(s): Baldrek and RBMidknight
Genre/Type: Twokinds/Fantasy
Link: Of Mages And Kings: A Twokinds RP (Interest Thread)

Brief Description: Many years after the world changing events of the rebellion, the land of Mekkan is divided into several independent nations, some clinging to the old tradition of human superiority and slavery, and other having embraced the idea of equality between Mekkan's three races, the Humans, Keidran, and Basitin. However, even now in this new age of prosperity not all is as it seems. (Please note that no prior knowledge of the Twokinds comic is required)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here