Ninja's: Sands of the forest: Mission 1

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Pilot thread consisting of two missions. apply in thread..

It's been 10 years since the assault on The Hidden Leaf Village by The Akatski and Pain. The Hidden leaf village is rebuilding slowly and prospering under Lady Tsunade's leadership.

New Ninja training had begun, the chunin exams were just over and the new ninja had been put into teams. All of the remaining Akatski were hunted down and killed, but Saske and Madora were still at large.

Teams were being dispatched daily to look for them. The new chunin however, were being sent on resource scavenging missions and as support to other villages to try and bring in more money for the villages.

However lurking in the shadows was an unknown enemy. They were building their strength, biding their time. waiting for the perfect moment to assault the weakened village.

once the team needs are met, we'll start.

This took me longer than expected...
Tell me if there is anything wrong with it.
(I'm pretty sure I'll add some Earth abilities later, since hsi arsenal at the moment is small)

TheIronRuler:
This took me longer than expected...
Tell me if there is anything wrong with it.
(I'm pretty sure I'll add some Earth abilities later, since hsi arsenal at the moment is small)

perfect, was expecting something good from you.

mcpop9:

-snip-

Any criticism? Something to change or improve?

TheIronRuler:

mcpop9:

-snip-

Just two, are there any physical changes to their appearance besides their skin ripping open? And is it a form that he can change into and out of??

mcpop9:

TheIronRuler:

mcpop9:

-snip-

Just two, are there any physical changes to their appearance besides their skin ripping open? And is it a form that he can change into and out of??

It's not something that they control. Their muscles grow so much that their body can't contain them. The first person died from it, the second didn't even have such a high level of Taijutsu (But his muscles still growed in an incredible rate, he just didn't dedicate himself to Taijutsu) the third used their chakra to seal these wounds. But because his development was very fast due to his training with his father, at age 10 he couldn't control and mold chakra to protect his skin. So the Hokage stepped in and with her medical experties managed to seal the problematic areas.
Again - they don't change into that. The side effect of having massive muscles is that his body couldn't handle it and then comes the chakra infused straps. But if he hadn't worked on his body so intensively, he wouldn't reach such a state.
His father literally tirtured him on a dailey basis when he was training under him, because he wanted him to be powerful but also becuase he still hated him, blaming him for the death of his wife.

TheIronRuler:

It's not something that they control. Their muscles grow so much that their body can't contain them. The first person died from it, the second didn't even have such a high level of Taijutsu (But his muscles still growed in an incredible rate, he just didn't dedicate himself to Taijutsu) the third used their chakra to seal these wounds. But because his development was very fast due to his training with his father, at age 10 he couldn't control and mold chakra to protect his skin. So the Hokage stepped in and with her medical experties managed to seal the problematic areas.
Again - they don't change into that. The side effect of having massive muscles is that his body couldn't handle it and then comes the chakra infused straps. But if he hadn't worked on his body so intensively, he wouldn't reach such a state.
His father literally tirtured him on a dailey basis when he was training under him, because he wanted him to be powerful but also becuase he still hated him, blaming him for the death of his wife.

thank for the clarification.

I apologize for the double post but an announcement:
The deadline for sheets is until we have a full team with acceptable sheets.
Those who i spoke with about the creation of this RP shall have priority above those who apply. these persons being theironruler 9already guaranteed in.0, captainguy42 and neoac.

EDIT: Done

I hope we are allowed to make up our own stuff.

Viking Incognito:
Save me a place, I'll have a sheet tonight.

the more people apply, the better.

I'd love to put up a sheet if you can save me a reserve.

Sup Thought I'd throw my hat in and try out Sheet making, I'm working on the belief that this is set in the Present but far from the civilized world, if you don't like it, let me know and relax if you have to kick me out, it's cool, I'm still new to this.

A support Character and comic relief, out of style, I know, but thats the point.
PM me with your thoughts.

EDIT: Bio is in, not much but it will work I hope.

SHEET!

I hope to be allowed in.

I have a question - are we just normal Shinobi or special? Because I have a kekkei Genkai, so do others here (Like crystal) and they have plenty of justsus...
But we're just new chunin, right? So we're... sixteen, seventeen, we shouldn't have so much experience under our belt, it;s not like WE fought against the Akatsuki.
What's you opinion on the matter?

TheIronRuler:
I have a question - are we just normal Shinobi or special? Because I have a kekkei Genkai, so do others here (Like crystal) and they have plenty of justsus...
But we're just new chunin, right? So we're... sixteen, seventeen, we shouldn't have so much experience under our belt, it;s not like WE fought against the Akatsuki.

I have been getting a laugh out of the fact that everyone has a kekkai genkai, when they're considered rare and valuable in the actual manga. Everyone wants to be a special snowflake, you see, but at this point whoever doesn't have one will end up being the most unique.

nukethetuna:

TheIronRuler:

I have been getting a laugh out of the fact that everyone has a kekkai genkai, when they're considered rare and valuable in the actual manga. Everyone wants to be a special snowflake, you see, but at this point whoever doesn't have one will end up being the most unique.

At the villages and in the war preperations you can see thousands of Ninjas without a kekkai genkai... they just don't have any names :-)

TheIronRuler:

nukethetuna:

TheIronRuler:

At the villages and in the war preperations you can see thousands of Ninjas without a kekkai genkai... they just don't have any names :-)

I meant in the thread. :P

nukethetuna:

TheIronRuler:

nukethetuna:

I meant in the thread. :P

I know, I was just agreeing with you...

TheIronRuler:

Kekkei genkai is going to be very stressful on you guys. yours is the perfect and balanced example of it, threatening to his health if not kept in check.

Viking Incognito:

I like it, but my one concern is how hard the crystal is. is it brittle? Will it fracture? how much control does he have over it?

Diablo1099:

i have a number of problems with this. This is a nurto RP and it's based off of asain culture. a cowboy with a duster would be like a fire breathing elephant in a room full of monkeys. There are no firearms in the universe. and without a family history or past, he is literally a trenchcoater. sorry to shoot you down so harshly on one of your first few RP's but its the truth.

ShasOMiKael:

make the bio and we should be ood, but how long would the barrier last under heavy pressure?

@mcpop9
Understandable.
Thanks any aways

mcpop9:

I like it, but my one concern is how hard the crystal is. is it brittle? Will it fracture? how much control does he have over it?

The strength of the sapphire and the fluidity of his control are both based on how much chakra he is concentrating into the particular formation. If he had a sapphire sword in one hand and shield in the other, then went he was defending, he would focus his chakra on the shield, strengthening it, and the sword would become more brittle, and vice versa. And when he is using a very large amount of chakra he can control it as intimately and fluidly as a shinobi puppeteer, and when he is weak or holding back severely, it is slow and rough.

Bio is in, and most of the Kekkai Jutsu (Barrier Jutsu) are containment barriers exept for the Lightning Release: Barrier of the Wild Lightning Bird.

So, as an answer to your question, the barrier will hold for one minute against fire, two and a half minutes against earth and water, five minutes against lightning and will break very easily against wind.

ShasOMiKael:
-snip-

Viking Incognito:
-snip-

TheIronRuler:
-snip-

the three of you are in, We'll start soon, just need a pm acknowledging you've seen this and I'll kick her off.

Yukiko was walking through the largely rebuilt village. The sky was clear, there was a slight breeze coming in down the street. She passed one of the ramen shops where sound of quick eating could be heard.
Uzumaki must be back from a mission... it explains why everyone's in a good mood.

A messenger bird flew up to her with a note attached to its leg. she removed the note then tossed the bird back into the air. After reading it she took off to Lady Tsunade's office in the Hokage palace to meet her new team.

She arrived at Tsunade's office and bowed to her.

"Good, now that you're here, i have the dossiers on you're new team. a few minutes before they arrive should be enough time to look over these." The Hokage said holding out the papers.

Yukiko took the papers and began to read over them.

"Due to the circumstances of this year's chinin exams, you'll be in command of a team made up of all males. These nin are... unique though, and that's why you'll be in command of them. i have a mission planned for you and your team in a few days. what you do in that time will be up to you." Tsunade said.

"Will do my lady, thank you." Yukiko said, leaned against the wall and continued reading the dossiers

Three birds were dispatched with notes attached to them, detailing the new chunin to come the the Hokage's office. one bird to each person.

Kayo stood in a grove outside of the village, staring at his 'grandfather' sitting on the earth drinking sake. His 'grandfather' stopped and took a deep breath, "Don't worry, I need more because I've developed an immunity for this over the years" he continued to drink the sake and suddenly stopped. He threw the bottle at Kayo but he deflected it away towards a nearby tree.
"It's all gone?" Kayo asked his 'grandfather'. "The sake is gone. Go to the store and get some more, we need to finish this session." he threw Kayo a small bag, "What are you going to do about that tree?" he pointed at the tree that the bottle hit, its stem smashed to bits and its top wobbling from side to side.
"Firewood" Kayo turned away from the half drunk old man and began walking towards the village.
Kayo entered the village and walked towards the liquor shop. When he walked, people around him stopped for a moment and stared at him. I thought they'll get used to me by now
Kayo noticed a small bird land on his shoulder and a note attached to its leg. He sent the bird away and read the note. After reading the note, Kayo ran towards the Hokage palace. On his way, he accidently repeated one of his old habits of kicking a lamp-post from when he was a child. He accidently dented the lamp-post, causing it to lean to the left.
He arrived at the Hokage's palace and stood outside of the door to the Hokage's office.
The woman that saved my life. It's time to prove my worth Kayo took a deep breath and entered the office. He bowed to the Hokage and slowly rose up.
"Hokage, why did you summon me?" Kayo asked the Hokage.

"You're one of the new chunin and we need more people working to help the village rebuild and bring in money. you're now part of a new team, team 34." Lady Tsunade said "I'll fill you in when the other two arrive."

Woken up by a tapping sound, Rukawa glanced at the direction the sound was coming from and saw a little birdy, naturally the first thing that came to his with sleep clouded mind was: Food! So, 10 minutes, 1 baked bird and 1 slighly singed note later, Rukawa set off to the Hokage tower (or palace or whatever) munching contently on a bird leg, "I should apologize to the Hokage... Or not!". When he arrived at the Hokage tower, one last thought entered his mind before he entered the Hokage's office, "For the Greater Good of the clan.".
As he arrived, he saw that two people were already present, kneeling before the Hokage he spoke, "Tsunade-dono, what need do you have of me? Also, I... Kinda... Ate the bird...".

Tsunade put her palm to her forehead. "I would prefer it if you don't eat the messenger birds, they're hard to train." she said, folded her hands and looked at Rukawa.

"You may rise now." she said and he rose.

"A new team is forming, you're now part of the chunin team 34. I understand the circumstances you've came to the village from and realize this is the reason for the age difference. Shouldn't be a problem, we're waiting on one more though."

Katsuo entered the Hokage's office with his movements controlled and his hands steady. He was representing the Yamauchi. He entered the office and waited for her to address him rather than force her to pay attention to him by calling out to her. HE breathed easy, while the whole time he was thinking how uncomfortable he felt being so formal. His mother had told him to act this way and she had very early been wrong about things like this.

"And here's the third." Tsunade said breathing a sigh of relief.

"Now that you're all here, i'll give the details to you. You're all part of team 34 now. you each have unique characteristics and that is the reason why i chose you to be on this team. the village need more income and resources, so you'll be one of our teams up for hire. As you know, you're all chunin so you'll need a leader, this is where i let your sensai take over." Lady Tsunade said and gestured with her hand to Yukiko.

Yukiko leaned forward and left the wall, she walked up to the right of Tsunade's desk. "Thank you my lady." she said before turning her attention to the new team. "My name is Yukiko Kiyokuro, but to you it's Yukiko sensai. None of you know each other and you don't know me, it's not an ideal situation, but we have to make do. Little time for introductions. we leave in fifteen minutes on a mission,get anything you need and meet me at the village gates." was all the Kunoichi said before disappearing in a puff of smoke.

I'm going to need a drink after this... Tsunade though before addressing the chunin. "You heard her, do what you must."

"Hai Tsunade-dono" And with that he left.

Five minutes later he arrived at the village gates in full combat gear. Seeing that only his sensei was there, he started to make some small talk while polishing his naginata.

"So... What's the mission?"

"Nothing heavy, just some recon, sent a clone ahead to scout a bit. So Rukawa was it? and you specialize in barrier jutsu?" Yukiko said leaning against one of the gate's doors.

"Yeah, but it's not what you would think, most of them are containment barriers or barriers that go BOOM. What about you?" Rukawa spoke, chuckeling a bit at boom.

"I'm not one to talk about my specialties because of my past. Some might call it corrupted and unfit for service to the village. If you must know, I have an affinity that shouldn't exist." Yukiko said in response.

"Ah... Sorry for asking then. Do you ever use senbon? Becuase i've got some senbon grenades to share with my team, you included." Rukawa replyed.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked