The Tower of Druaga (heroic fantasy- Started)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . . . 27 NEXT

TheNaut131:

hiei82:

TheNaut131:

Eeyup. Working a few things out and I've actually got to find a time to do it. I've sorta been falling back on some work and may not be able to post until later tonight.

Prail asked you a question/favor as well. You may want to answer before you post the next level.

Answered in the most melodramatic way I possibly could.

*reads post*

Well played sir! I tip my hat to you.

TheNaut131:
SNIP

hiei82:

Raynoson:
snip

I wasn't able to come up with a good way to add you mostly due to a sudden case of zombie (see above), sorry. If Faunra can be of aid in introducing her, please feel free to make use of her.

It's cool my friend, no need to stress in any case my involvement even remotely. I was a day late to hop on the wagon when this first began and don't expect to go riding off in to the sun set with smiles and doom.

Sorry if I'm keeping you guys waiting, I just have a lot of work to catch up on.

Still developing the level though.

TheNaut131:
Sorry if I'm keeping you guys waiting, I just have a lot of work to catch up on.

You were supposed to make a level at the same time you made a character -_-
Redrhyno, are you ready?

Asclepion:

TheNaut131:

Redrhyno, are you ready?

To be fair, while thought out, my level became nebulous before the first post.

I originally didn't plan on having any creatures still living on the level (Calgradni wasn't going to be a dragon in the original version), but I decided to change that after a discussion with avouleance2nd about Lallowen culture/physiology. It was going to be a giant level that used to be a lallowen colony until it was destroyed by their own technology run-rampant and filled with man-eating plants.

In addition, most of the party wandered off into the woods following the aqueducts that were only there for background decoration/Veritas plot hook. I had to go find all those wonderful non-ruin's city images in a hurry - hence their 20 year old dinosaur-utopia origin (Dinotopia for those not in the know)

Even the "Cradle" changed at least three times during the course of the adventure. Originally it didn't exist (the memory loss was going to be the effects of the forest's plants - enhanced by Calgradni's power), then it existed as the head of the original Lallow god ("even dead gods dream" - at this point Calgradni was going to be the ACTUAL reincarnation of the Lallowen god because who said gods had to be good) Then, after Calgradni became a false god, the box was going to contain a dragon egg because I assumed Damien was going to kill Calgradni. Finally, when Atticus delivered the killing blow, I decided to just go with whatever he wanted it to be - which turned out to be a... magic... terraform... device... thingy.

So yeah... WOOOOOO MAKING CRAP UP AS I GO! *performs impromptu dance*

Asclepion:

TheNaut131:

Redrhyno, are you ready?

Actually, I do have my level ready. Thing is that I'm kinda nervous. This is my first time DMing...anything. Soooo, yeah...

TheNaut131:

Asclepion:

TheNaut131:

Redrhyno, are you ready?

Actually, I do have my level ready. Thing is that I'm kinda nervous. This is my first time DMing...anything. Soooo, yeah...

You mentioned everyone but Etrius. :( I haz sad.

Viking Incognito:

TheNaut131:

Asclepion:

Redrhyno, are you ready?

I was just about to include him. The part you saw where I listed the characters was part of an earlier draft, a.k.a before I knew you were apart of all this.

Plus, Raynoson, I'll get your character involved.

TheNaut131:

Viking Incognito:

TheNaut131:

I was just about to include him. The part you saw where I listed the characters was part of an earlier draft, a.k.a before I knew you were apart of all this.

My sad iz Happy now :).

I'm bloody tired these days, and I planned on going to sleep 2 hours ago. Stuff happened and I'm making this post instead. If I'm lucky, I'll make a post in ~12 hours. If not, it will be longer.

I'm going to re-post my sheet here so you don't have to go looking for it to remind yourselves of Etrius' appearance.

I just noticed, Etrius could probably blend in with the snow if he wrapped his wings around his torso.

TheNaut131:

Viking Incognito:

TheNaut131:

thank you kindly though a friendly snip would help me get a grip, for these mad actions that are going to rip. Just send me a message I'd you want to work out any kinks, or I might be sliding on a rink.

Raynoson:

TheNaut131:

Viking Incognito:

thank you kindly though a friendly snip would help me get a grip, for these mad actions that are going to rip. Just send me a message I'd you want to work out any kinks, or I might be sliding on a rink.

Hmm, let me join this rhyme because in fair time I shall allow you to chime because not doing so would simply be a crime.

...I suck at this.

Anyway, I'll be talking to you soon. Just working out a few things. My original level idea didn't have your character in it, but I can easily incorportate her/him...I need to go back and read your character sheet.

See you in the library. ;)

TheNaut131:

Raynoson:

TheNaut131:

Hmm, let me join this rhyme because in fair time I shall allow you to chime because not doing so would simply be a crime.

...I suck at this.

Anyway, I'll be talking to you soon. Just working out a few things. My original level idea didn't have your character in it, but I can easily incorportate her/him...I need to go back and read your character sheet.

See you in the library. ;)

Don't force it in (Snicker), and yes rhymes are fun to those that win (I'm one who is a bit trickier). Nonetheless I must stress that I don't want to be shot in to the dark to stab anyone in the heart or tear the group apart (though it might be a fun little mixer).

Sorry for the delay, guys. I'm getting ready for a flight.

Are we all (except Asclepion) just waiting for someone else to make the first move with the rhino/mammoth?

Viking Incognito:
Are we all (except Asclepion) just waiting for someone else to make the first move with the rhino/mammoth?

Not really. I'm just wondering if Prail's yell will cause an avalanche or crack the ice sheet or something. I honestly expect it will but I'm feeling pessimistic today (too busy studying)

hiei82:

Viking Incognito:

Not really. I'm just wondering if Prail's yell will cause an avalanche or crack the ice sheet or something. I honestly expect it will but I'm feeling pessimistic today (too busy studying)

Did I mess something up with your post? I saw you were editing and I was like "Oh crap..."

I just got tired of waiting for everyone.

TheNaut131:

hiei82:

Viking Incognito:

Did I mess something up with your post? I saw you were editing and I was like "Oh crap..."

I just got tired of waiting for everyone.

Nope. That post was the post I mailed you about - I just hit the post button by accident lol

Edit: There, now it is a complete post.

Hello, sorry if my last post was a bit long, just kinda wanted to get the plot rolling.

TheNaut131:
Hello, sorry if my last post was a bit long, just kinda wanted to get the plot rolling.

so a sniper with a rifle... damn.

Raynoson:
so a sniper with a rifle... damn.

redundant monkey is redundant

Hey guys, if anything doesn't feel right about the way I'm progressing the story, feel free to tell me. I feel like I'm making things go to fast...then again, I could just be paranoid.

TheNaut131:
Hey guys, if anything doesn't feel right about the way I'm progressing the story, feel free to tell me. I feel like I'm making things go to fast...then again, I could just be paranoid.

At the moment, it's a good pace, it's the start of a new level, but you may want to slow it down once we get to the town. But that's just my thoughts on it.

Redryhno:

TheNaut131:

At the moment, it's a good pace, it's the start of a new level, but you may want to slow it down once we get to the town. But that's just my thoughts on it.

Well, that's the plan. Get us all to town, converse with the locals, explore a bit of the level's backstory, and then get on to finding the portal...and a few of the main difficulties that accommodate this level.

TheNaut131:

I felt the same way with my level some of the time

I think it's going well and as long as you have enough story elements to keep the plot moving, it doesn't matter very much how often you post. That said, I walked away from the computer for a few hours and missed half a dozen posts

Well; time to play catchup

Edit: Is it sad I'm imagining everything the old man and Conney characters say in Irish accents?

hiei82:

Edit: Is it sad I'm imagining everything the old man and Conney characters say in Irish accents?

...aaaaand now you've ruined me. Because it strangely fits well with the characters in my head.

TheNaut131:

hiei82:

...aaaaand now you've ruined me. Because it strangely fits well with the characters in my head.

I'd like to take credit for it but I may have been watching The Boondock Saints earlier today...

And my captcha was "lose face"... stupid sentient computer systems... *thinks about statement* Sorry wonderful computer system I love and like and love; your not stupid... please don't kill me.

Hello children.

Since we have some time, you guys trying to figure out what your character will say/do next, I figured I'd tell you how I decided to make Atticus's main weapon a suped up slingshot.

*pulls out rocking chain, puts on oldman beard, starts smoking pipe*

Well children, I had chosen of his minor weapons, like his tornado traps, rod, and capsules, but I still needed one main weapon. You see I was surfing through this series of tubes made just for you, when I saw this video in my recommendations:

It was awesome. And I wanted Atticus to be awesome. So I made Atticus awesome.

The end-zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

TheNaut131:
Hellzz

Yes sling shots are only awesome under the following things.
-The force behind the shots usually mean the material and users strength unless modified in some way via the tool, I.e a rubber band hurts like the dickens shot, but surgical style ones hurt more but require more force to draw back.
-Your slingy shooter is modified (see above) so you don't need immense strength or anything to drive a piece of metal or otherwise in to someone with great force.
-You use trickery and other handy things fired from the weapon to cause misc. mayhem. i.e a wee tyke fires a stink pellet.

Raynoson:

TheNaut131:
Hellzz

Yes sling shots are only awesome under the following things.
-The force behind the shots usually mean the material and users strength unless modified in some way via the tool, I.e a rubber band hurts like the dickens shot, but surgical style ones hurt more but require more force to draw back.
-Your slingy shooter is modified (see above) so you don't need immense strength or anything to drive a piece of metal or otherwise in to someone with great force.
-You use trickery and other handy things fired from the weapon to cause misc. mayhem. i.e a wee tyke fires a stink pellet.

Taken care of my good sir. Atticus's slingshot isn't a flimsy thing, it has a bit of width to it and slightly works like a turbine, a fan built around the ring creating a sort of vortex to power his shots.

Atticus has a number of different lethal ammo types which can be created on the fly through his slingshot, through 6 small canisters mounted on his slingshot. Depending on the type or mixture he uses, chemical reactions occur in the pellets forming different lethal attacks. However, the canisters makes the slingshot slightly heavier, but he uses it to his advantage because the added weight makes the slingshot less floaty.

He also has about 3 types of nonlethal ammo. Purple pellets for sleeping gas, green pellets for itching powder, and yellow pellets for a stink bomb.

When dealing with significantly stronger/armored enemies, Atticus use a minor air spell he spent a few years trying to learn, that an accelerate and strengthen his slingshot even more.

Right now, should I have Aleister focus on attacking the creature, or trying to create ice for the group to walk across? Or should I do a mixture of both, its just so I can plan my post with a little more accuracy, since I don't want him to do something that someone else already has planned.

Evrant:
Right now, should I have Aleister focus on attacking the creature, or trying to create ice for the group to walk across? Or should I do a mixture of both, its just so I can plan my post with a little more accuracy, since I don't want him to do something that someone else already has planned.

You know, I was bout to change that. Seemed too much like I was playing favorites.

DO AS YOU WISH!

TheNaut131:
Heh

Aye I know most of that, I have been reading the play thread you know.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . . . 27 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here