Elder Scrolls: Interregnum Chapter 4 (Started, Open)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 . . . 40 NEXT

ruedyn:
"And how do you propose we get onto a boat? And how do you plan to comandeer that boat? I'm all ears Astoph."

Random Fella:
snip

"Okay. Bickering, which I have been a part of, must stop now. We are going to free our friends. We will do this quickly and skillfully. Anruin, your explosives would be helpful, but we'd need to clear of the blast first. Astoph, you and Belkin could cause an explosion some ways away a while before, then kill anyone who came, then we set bombs, take a boat out, detonate, come ashore a ways away to get you two, then go. Sound good?"

SamtheDeathclaw:

Random Fella:

"You clearly don't know what conjured messengers or illusion magics can do in the form of long ranged communication.

"An illusionist or conjurer who can perform over such distances would be valued indeed, not sitting in a camp in a relatively unimportant camp. They would be in Firsthold relaying troop orders. There has never been a reliable method of long communication. There may be a way. Besides, conjuring at all while moving is tricky, conjuring onto something that's moving while you're not is damn near impossible. But let's say they do, what do they send? They don't know we're trying to free them. They would think that we've a strike force from another army."

"It's not hard to conjure an imp to deliver a message via traveling through the planes"

ruedyn:

Random Fella:
snip

"And how do you propose we get onto a boat? And how do you plan to comandeer that boat? I'm all ears Astoph."

"If two of us can pose as slavers, taking the other two to the boat, we can strike from the inside, giving us the element of surprise and they won't have time to warn others, however we would then need to plan to board the other ship"

Random Fella:

"If two of us can pose as slavers, taking the other two to the boat, we can strike from the inside, giving us the element of surprise and they won't have time to warn others, however we would then need to plan to board the other ship"

"And then have every other ship they have on us as we try and board the prison ship? I'd much rather skip that bit. We need to get rid of their ships, or else we'll be between a rock and a hard place once we do catch the other ship."

Random Fella:
snip

"First of all, long distance summoning is a very difficult thing to do. Secondly, your plan doesn't seem to help our group. As long as you and Belkin wear face protection, nobody can trace us back to the rest of the group, your plan however gives us away. Our arrival here wasn't as low-key as you thought, they have general descriptions of most of our faces, including mine and Llodens. Still, bickering like children doesn't help anyone." Anruin sighs

"Perhaps, if long distance summoning is easy for, can you get SOMETHING to play messanger for us?"

ruedyn:

Random Fella:
snip

"First of all, long distance summoning is a very difficult thing to do. Secondly, your plan doesn't seem to help our group. As long as you and Belkin wear face protection, nobody can trace us back to the rest of the group, your plan however gives us away. Our arrival here wasn't as low-key as you thought, they have general descriptions of most of our faces, including mine and Llodens. Still, bickering like children doesn't help anyone." Anruin sighs

"Perhaps, if long distance summoning is easy for, can you get SOMETHING to play messanger for us?"

"I never said anything about long distance summoning, the minions travel through plains, simple enough
But you're right, we need to act now, if we take your plan we'll have to get them to attack at the same time
It has been a long time however since I have used even the most basic conjuration spell..."

He says, holding the hilt of his blade by his side

Random Fella:

ruedyn:

Random Fella:
snip

"I never said anything about long distance summoning, the minions travel through plains, simple enough
But you're right, we need to act now, if we take your plan we'll have to get them to attack at the same time
It has been a long time however since I have used even the most basic conjuration spell..."

"Oh for fucks sake, another 'dark secret'? Let's just get mine out of the way, I used to be a somewhat competent mage in the thieves guild. Anyone else feel like stopping the melodrama?"

ruedyn:

Random Fella:

ruedyn:

"Oh for fucks sake, another 'dark secret'? Let's just get mine out of the way, I used to be a somewhat competent mage in the thieves guild. Anyone else feel like stopping the melodrama?"

"Dark secret?"
"I just haven't casted conjuration magic for years since my teachings, to be honest I don't like the idea of trying to control the daedra, they're too... Unpredictable."

Random Fella:

ruedyn:

Random Fella:

"Dark secret?"
"I just haven't casted conjuration magic for years since my teachings, to be honest I don't like the idea of trying to control the daedra, they're too... Unpredictable."

"Oh... You touched the hilt of your sword when you said that... I need to stop reading into things, I'm going mad."

Joncis continued speaking with the Altmer woman, the bosmer and the Argonians. The Redguard bodies were still left unattended ''Well I was acting as a spy in Elden Root, those 3 were doing the same in Silvenar'' the small Argonian said, ''the idea was that once war broke out, we would assassinate high-ranking Aldmeri officials in the area, so as to keep Black Marsh's southern coast free from invasion, I'm Talen-Ja'' the Altmer woman turned to Joncis and said ''what's your plan for breaking out? Your friend is posing as a guard, maybe we can be of use?'' Joncis sat up as cleared his throat ''Well the idea was for us to take control of the ship once we were out to sea, but the Dominion would rather have a ship sink than fall into the hands of us, so we plan to bust out once we near Sunhold, I'm Joncis, by the way'' ''Endya'' the Altmer grunts, ''Wait, Endya? Endya Mothis?'' Joncis aks, could this be Enthir's contact in Falinesti? ''How do you know my name?'' ''You're one of the Blades aren't you? We were meant to meet you in Falinesti'' the woman now became more trusting of Joncis ''Yes, I was Enthir's contact, the Dominion began rounding up all Blades agents in their territory a while ago, I think that they'll use us as bargaining tools if their army is destroyed by Cyrodilic forces , but if you're here then where's the package? do the Dominon have it?!'' she said, now alerted to the idea that one of the factions might have an Elder Scroll ''Don't worry, my friend upstairs is keeping it safe and Enthir is fine, now for a plan of escape'' ''Hey, if you're escaping I want in'' the Bosmer said, speaking for the first time all journey, ''Us too!'' the largest of the 4 Argonians shouted, ''Then we better start planning for 6+ 1 guard, and don't worry about Enthir not finding us, my Imga servant will be able to point them in the right direction.'' Endya said, turning towards the rest of the grroup to discuss battle plans.

Josh12345:
Joncis continued speaking with the Altmer woman, the bosmer and the Argonians. The Redguard bodies were still left unattended ''Well I was acting as a spy in Elden Root, those 3 were doing the same in Silvenar'' the small Argonian said, ''the idea was that once war broke out, we would assassinate high-ranking Aldmeri officials in the area, so as to keep Black Marsh's southern coast free from invasion, I'm Talen-Ja'' the Altmer woman turned to Joncis and said ''what's your plan for breaking out? Your friend is posing as a guard, maybe we can be of use?'' Joncis sat up as cleared his throat ''Well the idea was for us to take control of the ship once we were out to sea, but the Dominion would rather have a ship sink than fall into the hands of us, so we plan to bust out once we near Sunhold, I'm Joncis, by the way'' ''Endya'' the Altmer grunts, ''Wait, Endya? Endya Mothis?'' Joncis aks, could this be Enthir's contact in Falinesti? ''How do you know my name?'' ''You're one of the Blades aren't you? We were meant to meet you in Falinesti'' the woman now became more trusting of Joncis ''Yes, I was Enthir's contact, the Dominion began rounding up all Blades agents in their territory a while ago, I think that they'll use us as bargaining tools if their army is destroyed by Cyrodilic forces , but if you're here then where's the package? do the Dominon have it?!'' she said, now alerted to the idea that one of the factions might have an Elder Scroll ''Don't worry, my friend upstairs is keeping it safe and Enthir is fine, now for a plan of escape'' ''Hey, if you're escaping I want in'' the Bosmer said, speaking for the first time all journey, ''Us too!'' the largest of the 4 Argonians shouted, ''Then we better start planning for 6+ 1 guard, and don't worry about Enthir not finding us, my Imga servant will be able to point them in the right direction.'' Endya said, turning towards the rest of the grroup to discuss battle plans.

Dro'Araaj arrived carrying the meals for the prisoners, unappetizing looking gruel.
"Meal time prisoners," he announced, crouching down to pass the meals through the slot at the bottom of the door, he leaned in closer and whispered to Joncis "managed to trade shifts with the guard here, do you have a plan, because this one does not have enough poison for the entire ship."

IFS:

Josh12345:

Dro'Araaj arrived carrying the meals for the prisoners, unappetizing looking gruel.
"Meal time prisoners," he announced, crouching down to pass the meals through the slot at the bottom of the door, he leaned in closer and whispered to Joncis "managed to trade shifts with the guard here, do you have a plan, because this one does not have enough poison for the entire ship."

Joncis picked up the spoon and pretended to eat ''Working on it, the other 5 prisoners want to join us, and the Altmer is, well was Enthir's contact in Falinesti, so we're busting her out too.'' Endya looked up and saw Joncis speaking ''Guard! Do you have the package safe?'' she said, seemingly uncaring about who hears her.

Josh12345:
snip

"This one stashed it in the barracks, with the rest of his belongings," he replied, glancing about, the ship was small and the smells of the crew pervaded it, making his sense of smell useless.

IFS:

Josh12345:
snip

"This one stashed it in the barracks, with the rest of his belongings," he replied, glancing about, the ship was small and the smells of the crew pervaded it, making his sense of smell useless.

Endya stood up and reached for a bowl ''Good, we should arrive at Sunhold tomorrow night, that'll provide cover, anyone else I should know about that Enthir's hired?''

Josh12345:

IFS:

Josh12345:
snip

Endya stood up and reached for a bowl ''Good, we should arrive at Sunhold tomorrow night, that'll provide cover, anyone else I should know about that Enthir's hired?''

"This one is the only one on the ship, the others may give chase but for now we are beyond their help," He stood and leaned against the wall next to the door, "what do you plan to do when we reach sunhold? This one may be able to steal some weapons for you and the other prisoners, if that would help."

IFS:

Josh12345:

IFS:

"This one is the only one on the ship, the others may give chase but for now we are beyond their help," He stood and leaned against the wall next to the door, "what do you plan to do when we reach sunhold? This one may be able to steal some weapons for you and the other prisoners, if that would help."

Joncis turned to the others ''well I'm a mage so I'm fine, anyone need anything'' One of the Argonians stood up ''We'll take whatever maces or swords you can get'' the Bosmer said ''Well I don't fight, but just get me a knife if you can'' Endya calmly swallowed her food and said ''just get me as many daggers and arrows you can get away with, no bow, just anything sharp and throwable''

ruedyn:
"Oh... You touched the hilt of your sword when you said that... I need to stop reading into things, I'm going mad."

At this point urgal's hefty green weight landed unceremoniously right next 2 them seemingly from space.

The group looked at him.

He stood up.

"The trees move here!" he exclaimed. He shook his head obviously disorientated and irate"Only in Valenwood. One minute i'm in some treehouse bar on the edge of town, the next im just coming to the end of the 23rd verse of my clan chant in the original orcish and for some reason they throw me out here!" Urgal pointed at the orc shaped imprint in the ground very deliberately . "Elves have no taste for the arts..." he slurred before launching into an incomprehensible orcish chant once more.

He paused. "What are you all doing out here looking so angry for? You know, I bet that cat has a potion for whatever is bothering you. Where is he anyway?"

Derek_the_Dodo:

ruedyn:

At this point urgal's hefty green weight landed unceremoniously right next 2 them seemingly from space.

The group looked at him.

He stood up.

"The trees move here!" he exclaimed. He shook his head obviously disorientated and irate"Only in Valenwood. One minute i'm in some treehouse bar on the edge of town, the next im just coming to the end of the 23rd verse of my clan chant in the original orcish and for some reason they throw me out here!" Urgal pointed at the orc shaped imprint in the ground very deliberately . "Elves have no taste for the arts..." he slurred before launching into an incomprehensible orcish chant once more.

He paused. "What are you all doing out here looking so angry for? You know, I bet that cat has a potion for whatever is bothering you. Where is he anyway?"

"He's on a prisoner boat. We're trying to figure out how to hijack that boat. Any suggestions?"

ruedyn:
"He's on a prisoner boat. We're trying to figure out how to hijack that boat. Any suggestions?"

"You know, that reminds me of an old orcish saying from orismer. It goes something a little like this."

And with that Urgal erupted into a relentless series of gargled words and grunts.

"what dya say to that then?" Urgal asked proudly to a series of blank looks.

ruedyn:

"You know, funny enough, I don't think he's going to much help with tactics sober, let alone stone drunk." Lloden laughed. "Whatever we do, we need to do it soon. It won't be long before the boat gets too far out to catch quickly."

the Bosmer sits next to Joncis and asks ''So how exactly are we taking this vessal?'' Joncis had everything mapped out in his head by now ''well first we'll need my friend to smuggle the weapons down, shouldn't be too hard to get daggers or arrows in, but they'll notice something's up when he walks in with 3 maces and leaves with one.'' A small Argonian woman pipes up from the corner ''yes, yes that's fine, assuming not all of us die getting out of here what do we do once we reach the port'' she says impatiently, Joncis turns to face her ''We aren't going to reach the port, if all goes well we can take control of the ship before dawn, which is when the ship would get within sight of Sunhold. in the evening this boat will pass the city of Dusk, and between then and the following morning is our window of escape'' Endya finishes her food and drops the bowl on the floor, cracking it, ''clever plan, besides that fighting through Sunhold would be suicidal, it has the most heavily defended port in the Isle, except for maybe Skywatch''

SamtheDeathclaw:

ruedyn:

"You know, funny enough, I don't think he's going to much help with tactics sober, let alone stone drunk." Lloden laughed. "Whatever we do, we need to do it soon. It won't be long before the boat gets too far out to catch quickly."

"I know how to summon a daedra. If Astoph isn't full of shit, I should be able to get him into their ship through the plains. Not like we have anything to lose right?"

Anruin takes a deep breath and begins casting.

'Alright it's been, what, 10 years since I cast a spell of any sort? Julianos, please don't let me fuck this up.'

Josh12345:
snip

"Hello mortals" Says a tall Daedra, devilish smile on his face."Which one of you is Joncis?"

ruedyn:
"I know how to summon a daedra. If Astoph isn't full of shit, I should be able to get him into their ship through the plains. Not like we have anything to lose right?"

'Alright it's been, what, 10 years since I cast a spell of any sort? Julianos, please don't let me fuck this up.'

Josh12345:
snip

"Hello mortals" Says a tall Daedra, devilish smile on his face."Which one of you is Joncis?"

"Well hello there." Lloden said, inspecting the daedra. He turned to Anruin. "I still don't think this is the best way. How will Joncis know we sent it? He could think it's a Aldmeri plot."

SamtheDeathclaw:

ruedyn:

Josh12345:
snip

"Well hello there." Lloden said, inspecting the daedra. He turned to Anruin. "I still don't think this is the best way. How will Joncis know we sent it? He could think it's a Aldmeri plot."

''Daedra!'' Endya shouts, grabbing 3 pieces of cutlery off the floor and expertly hurls them at the Daedra, severely injuring it, shortly afterwards the Argonian woman and Joncis shower the creature in flames. ''....stop-'' the daedra gags, before turning to ash. ''that's bound to attract attention'' the Bosmer said.

SamtheDeathclaw:

ruedyn:

Josh12345:
snip

Anruin opens his mouth to speak, but only a loud croak comes out. His nose starts bleeding and he falls over unconscious.

"Poor old dog, couldn't handle summoning me" He says with mock sympathy."Still, if he thinks that, I'll gladly start killing those snobby elves till he believes me. Killing is such a nice break from torturing young idiots trying to steal 'alchemy supplies' from my lords domain."

ruedyn:
Anruin opens his mouth to speak, but only a loud croak comes out. His nose starts bleeding and he falls over unconscious.

"Poor old dog, couldn't handle summoning me" He says with mock sympathy."Still, if he thinks that, I'll gladly start killing those snobby elves till he believes me. Killing is such a nice break from torturing young idiots trying to steal 'alchemy supplies' from my lords domain."

"Ah, tobr'a s'wit. A scamp would be just as well. But nooo had to summon a dremora." Lloden sighed, and grabbed Anruin and slung him over his shoulder, carrying him some ways away. He rummaged in his pack, retrieving the only thing he could think of, smelling salts. He shoved the bottle under Anruin's nose, and hissed at Astoph.

Random Fella:
Rawr

"What did you let him do it himself for? Are you mad, not stopping him and telling us you could do it so easily?"

Josh12345:

SamtheDeathclaw:

ruedyn:

'Alright it's been, what, 10 years since I cast a spell of any sort? Julianos, please don't let me fuck this up.'"Hello mortals" Says a tall Daedra, devilish smile on his face."Which one of you is Joncis?"

''Daedra!'' Endya shouts, grabbing 3 pieces of cutlery off the floor and expertly hurls them at the Daedra, severely injuring it, shortly afterwards the Argonian woman and Joncis shower the creature in flames. ''....stop-'' the daedra gags, before turning to ash. ''that's bound to attract attention'' the Bosmer said.

"I see my friend here didn't make it. This one belonged to that Astoph fellow. Oh yes, and so you know i'm on your side, here is a sort of peace offering." as he spoke, a young bosmer was squirming around in his hand, and as he said the last words, he noisily snapped his neck and threw him at the feet of Endya. "So, what do you need help with?"

SamtheDeathclaw:

ruedyn:

"Ah, tobr'a s'wit. A scamp would be just as well. But nooo had to summon a dremora." Lloden sighed, and grabbed Anruin and slung him over his shoulder, carrying him some ways away. He rummaged in his pack, retrieving the only thing he could think of, smelling salts. He shoved the bottle under Anruin's nose, and hissed at Astoph.

Random Fella:
Rawr

"What did you let him try it himself for? Are you mad?"

Anruin managed to stumble to his feet. "Anyone have a magicka potion?"

ruedyn:

"Er. Afraid not." Lloden said, while Astoph wordlessly produced one.

"So. Next up? Wait for Joncis and grandfather kitten to take over the boat and high-tail it back here?"

SamtheDeathclaw:

ruedyn:

"Er. Afraid not." Lloden said, while Astoph wordlessly produced one.

"So. Next up? Wait for Joncis and grandfather kitten to take over the boat and high-tail it back here?"

"No, we wait for Mal to report back in to me. In the meantime, want to scout some boats?"

ruedyn:
"No, we wait for Mal to report back in to me. In the meantime, want to scout some boats?"

"Been a while since I piloted a boat." Lloden remarked idly, extending a hand to help Anruin up. "We need a smaller boat. Fast enough to catch up with them, but large enough that they can't sink it easily without their other boats."

SamtheDeathclaw:

ruedyn:

"Been a while since I piloted a boat." Lloden remarked idly, extending a hand to help Anruin up. "We need a smaller boat. Fast enough to catch up with them, but large enough that they can't sink it easily without their other boats."

"Yeah, thanks. Doubt I'll be too useful in this mission though. Think you can managed scouting by yourself. Try to avoid murder."

ruedyn:
"Yeah, thanks. Doubt I'll be too useful in this mission though. Think you can managed scouting by yourself. Try to avoid murder."

"But the murder is the best part! Fine. I'll be back in a tick." Lloden tossed his bow and quiver near his pack, then turned and studied the altmer patrols. Or rather, the lack thereof. It looked like many of the altmer had either left with the boat, or were out looking for Anruin. Lloden strolled down the hill, avoiding the few guards. He picked up a stone behind one of the buildings, and tossed it towards a guard in the main camp, who came to investigate. Lloden slipped around the side of the building, and through the door while the guard was away. The building was a small administration building, with a single bosmer woman as a scribe.
Lloden gasped, and moved to hug the woman. "I haven't seen you in years!" He exclaimed, snatching a recent log while she was distracted.
"H-have we met?"
"Of course! Don't tell me you don't remember me?"
"No..."
Lloden pretended to inspect her, and stepped back, feigning embarassment. "I am so, so sorry. I thought you were someone else." Lloden stepped back out, evaded the guard, and returned to Anruin.

SamtheDeathclaw:

ruedyn:

"But the murder is the best part! Fine. I'll be back in a tick." Lloden tossed his bow and quiver near his pack, then palmed himself in the face. "The letter, remember?" He opened it, and immediately closed it. "Nothing. Just. Er. The details of you purchase. And what he wanted you for. Nothing pretty, I assure you." Lloden ripped it to pieces and scattered them.
He turned and studied the altmer patrols. Or rather, the lack thereof. It looked like many of the altmer had either left with the boat, or were out looking for Anruin. Lloden strolled down the hill, avoiding the line of sight of the few guards outside. He picked up a stone behind one of the buildings, and tossed it towards a guard in the main camp, who drew his sword and came to investigate. Lloden slipped around the side of the building, and through the door while the guard was investigating. The building was a small administration building, with a single bosmer woman scribe.
Lloden gasped, and moved to hug the woman. "I haven't seen you in years!" He exclaimed, snatching a recent log while she was distracted.
"H-have we met?"
"Of course! Don't tell me you don't remember me?"
"No..."
Lloden pretended to inspect her, and stepped back, feigning embarassment. "I am so, so sorry. I thought you were someone else." Lloden stepped back out, evaded the guard, and returned to Anruin.

When he returned he saw Anruin trying to piece together the ripped up ledger.

"What? I was curious. Mal hasn't returned yet. I hope he hasn't killed them. Urgal passed out again and Astoph is taking care of him behind that tree. So what'd you find?"

ruedyn:
\When he returned he saw Anruin trying to piece together the ripped up ledger.

"What? I was curious. Mal hasn't returned yet. I hope he hasn't killed them. Urgal passed out again and Astoph is taking care of him behind that tree. So what'd you find?"

""Here. This should have what we need." He produced the small leather-bound book, which Lloden had successfully identified as a ledger of shipments and the boats themselves. "Exactly what we need. How kind of them to give it to us." He gave a grin. "That sailboat," Lloden said, indicating a particular boat not far from them. "should be good enough for us.

SamtheDeathclaw:

ruedyn:
\When he returned he saw Anruin trying to piece together the ripped up ledger.

""Here. This should have what we need." He produced the small leather-bound book, which Lloden had successfully identified as a ledger of shipments and the boats themselves. "Exactly what we need. How kind of them to give it to us." He gave a grin. "That sailboat," Lloden said, indicating a particular boat not far from them. "should be good enough for us.

"Okay, let's get going. This altmers armor should be a rough fit, but it shouldn't get too much attention. Shall we go now, or wait for Urgal to wake up?"

Pages PREV 1 . . . 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 . . . 40 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked