Black War Syndicate(Started. Open. PM the GM)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . . . 15 NEXT

Oliver ran in tow with Jacob towards the rendezvous point, he saw something flickering between the leaves, probably just a buggy hologram. At least it was more substantial then a trail of breadcrumbs. The sound of sirens in the background alerted him to the arrival of the police, they had taken too much time deciding what to do, but Robin's bomb had eliminated all the evidence buying them all the time in the world. He wondered what they would put on his gravestone for a moment, but remembered Black had already buried them the moment they stepped on the bus.

He arrived at the pipe with Jacob, it looked like the were the last to get there. "I will go first and clear the way just stay behind me and you should be safe."

"I wonder if this'll take us to the centre of the world" He mused, "It'll be hard to find us there"

The pipe was dark and filthy, probably an old sewer or storm drain. He wouldn't be able to see anything but Jacob's arse and he didn't want to know what he was crawling in so he refrained from turning on his night-vision. None of his contacts had responded yet, that worried him, he made sure that they were punctual, maybe they hadn't got the message but that was impossible. Just in case he sent the same message again.

At the end of the pipe a ladder that took anyone who used it down to the main tunnels. For a sewer, it was strangely well kept. All the old waste had been regulated to about 20 feet from where the ladder dropped in at. Forwards and to the right of the ladder was a large steel door with a vault like lock on the front.

The information started pouring from Oliver's contacts. Any information one had that the others didn't were only on small time gangs or terrorists. The obvious suspects for anyone trying to get rid of a politician. However, three groups always came up, no matter what.

Popular republic union- Primary opposing side against Black during elections. Majority of party members assassinated.

Brazilian independance group- One of the many countries against those taking up Black's policies. Are suspected of harboring escaped former gang members from France, England, and the United States.

The Steel Knights- Former vigilante group that fought against gang activity in several countries. Began fighting against Black's militia for unknown reasons.

Byron kept crawling along the dark pipe for a while. Just as he was about to give up, he saw a ladder leading down. Phew, I was actually starting to think I would die in this shit hole . Upon realising that he wasn't dreaming, he called out behind him.

"I found something! Seems like a ladder. All of you wait here for a minute, I will climb down to make sure there's no ambush and then I'll give you the all clear." he wanted to sound reassuring, but he himself was terrified to descend into the unknown.

Byron slid down the ladder and landed feet first in a sewer. Scanning the room for any ambushers, he found that the rubbish has been moved away to a separate part of the sewer. Hmn, some really tries to keep this place clean, oh hello...

He turned his attention to the huge steel door that seemed to block the way forward. Just then he remembered that the people in the pipe were still waiting for him to give the all clear.

"You can come down now. There's no one here, at least for now." he called back up the pipe and then returned in front of the door

Stefan stopped at the edge of the ladders descent, looking down as Byron went down. He wanted to go down there and help the man out but he realized it was quite futile. If it was an ambush, it wouldn't make a difference. It was a pretty good spot for one. A kill zone, if you will. Byron wouldn't stand a chance and neither would Almberg.

Much to his relief, he heard Byron call out that they could come down and he wasted no time doing so, descending the ladder. He ended up in a surprisingly clear sewer chamber with a huge steel door to his right. It appeared to be locked by some mechanism Stefan couldn't quite place, but it reminded him of a bank vault, if anything.

"Still safe, huh. This is rather interesting though. I doubt they'll find us down here."

He looked down at the device he was holding again, having done his best to keep it clean and away from the grime in the pipe. Still no response. He decided to speak into it again but stopped himself. What if the cops could still listen in on the device? It would be bad to describe any more of their surroundings than he already had. Instead he remained quiet. The cops probably thought they were dead. But that didn't mean he couldn't expose them by talking into the device. He couldn't take that risk.

"You can come down now. There's no one here, at least for now."

Calvin slid down the ladder after the others and saw the door. Huge, grey and imposing, the door was about 7 feet tall. He ran his hands over the smooth, unblemished surface. There was no dial for combinations, no keyhole, no keypad. Just the handle for opening it.

"Good a place to have hideout as any", Calvin said aloud. He was careful not to say anything descriptive, in case the cops were listening in. He turned to the others.
"Give me a hand here. Help me look for a keyhole or something. I know a bit about locks, I could try getting it open."

"You can come down now. There's no one here, at least for now."

Caspian slid down the ladder after Calvin had descended, noticing the door soon after. The tunnel in which the large, grey, and imposing door stood appeared to trail off for a few feet in either direction; with a slight turn a few feet to his left. He removed the gun from his back, and checked around the corner.

"Not to be captain obvious or anything, but it looks like no one has been down here for a while. At least we aren't in any present danger of being tracked down." He remarked to the others upon his return to the door. Caspian then looked at the door for a few moments, trying to find a means for opening. All there was in terms of features, was a lock one would find on most bank vaults.

"Damn, if I had my lock picking set, this might not be as big a problem as it is. Shame the cops took all my gear when I got 'picked up'." He thought to himself, adding mental air quotes at the end.

"Give me a hand here. Help me look for a keyhole or something. I know a bit about locks, I could try getting it open." Calvin asked the group, then turned back to the door.

"Alright then, I'll try and help; but sometimes the lock isn't so obvious." Caspian remarked, sounding a little cryptic, then began to search the surrounding area for any signs of a means to open the door.

"Give me a hand here. Help me look for a keyhole or something. I know a bit about locks, I could try getting it open."

The voice on Stefan's comm device finally found a signal and chimed in.

"You could always try knocking. Honestly, why must criminals always do things the hard way?"

Stefan held up the device, as to make the man/woman heard.

"Maybe we should've tried that first, yeah. Seems like a basic lapse of manners."

He went up to the door, and gave it a rough knock, three times. He had been at a loss. What did he know about bank doors and how they operated? Nothing. He could only hope the man wasn't joking. That'd make him look like an idiot. Though they could all use some humour about now. The noise of the knocking resounded in the sewer with a light sound.

Jacob kept going along the pipe Oliver seemed distracted he was probably gathering information. Jacob looked at the man going down one by one using the ladder. He was happy to see that they didn't have to crawl through this filthy pipe any longer. When his turn arrived he looked down the ladder and into the room. It seemed strangely well kept this was obviously a sign that someone had been here recently, a thought that didn't comfort him he.

He turned around to Oliver "There is an ladder up ahead, so you might want to go down the ladder before going on gathering information." Jacob checked his gun one last time before also sliding down the stairs. He joined them in time to hear. "You could always try knocking. Honestly, why must criminals always do things the hard way?" Jacob looked around this seems liked an perfect place for an hideout. Jacob looked at the former cop who knocked on the door. Jacob didn't like the man and if this was indeed an ambush he wouldn't mind if he was to die.

"You could always try knocking. Honestly, why must criminals always do things the hard way?"

"Yeah because when I see a big steel door that looks like belongs on a vault in a Swiss bank, I always think, that door looks specifically designed to keep people out and is probably being monitored. Clearly the best thing to do is knock on it. That can't possibly have any negative consequences" Calvin retorted aloud. He wasn't sure if the mysterious stranger could hear him, but a pithy response made him feel a bit better.

Almberg walked up to the door and banged on it a few times. Jacob was watching him intently, almost as though he was expecting something to happen. Maybe he thinks it's a trap, Calvin thought. Best to be sure I suppose. He took his stolen pistol out of the waistband of his trousers and flicked off the safety. If there was a nasty surprise waiting for them on the other side of the door, this time he wouldn't let himself be caught.

As he crawled through the narrow space the information poured into Oliver. There were a few small gangs and terrorist cells that came up, the usual suspects, they wouldn't have the funds or sheer audacity to break out a large group of prisoners hand picked by President Black. However for each small time gang that he was given three other names came up.

The Popular Republic union - Primary opposer's of Black's regime during the election; majority assassinated.

The Brazilian Independence group - Against Black's regime and suspected of harbouring escaped criminals the majority of which are from France, England and the US.

The Steel Knights - Former vigilante group known to operate in several countries and are now fighting against Blacks militia, reasons unknown

A Republican, a Brazilian and a Knight walk into a bar. Oliver couldn't see any of them organising this break out individually, but they all seemed to have a common cause: President Black. His thoughts were interrupted by Jacob telling him the tunnel had ended and there was a ladder leading down. Oliver turned on his night vision as he descended.

For a sewer it was very clean, all the refuse had been moved to one side and ahead of him he could see a large steel door, similar to the ones you find guarding bank vaults. Stefen was pounding on the door looking bemused.

"Yeah because when I see a big steel door that looks like belongs on a vault in a Swiss bank, I always think, that door looks specifically designed to keep people out and is probably being monitored. Clearly the best thing to do is knock on it. That can't possibly have any negative consequences"

"You shouldn't be so narrow minded, when I see a door like this I wonder what it's keeping in."

Byron looked around the sewer. Just knock. Could it be that simple ? Calvin was being his sarcastic self again but this time he did something really dangerous. He rose his gun, preparing for the worse. He really seemed on edge.

"Ehh, what are you so worried about Calvin, mon ami ?" he turned to Calvin. "This person had plenty of chances to take us out already and if they open the door and see you armed they might as well take you down. So do us all a favour and lower your gun"

"Ehh, what are you so worried about Calvin, mon ami? This person had plenty of chances to take us out already and if they open the door and see you armed they might as well take you down. So do us all a favour and lower your gun"

Calvin lowered the gun slightly. "I got caught because I wasn't prepared for an ambush. I'm not letting that happen twice. And just because they haven't taken us out already doesn't mean they won't do it at all." He lowered the gun to his side. "However, whoever this person is, they clearly want something from us, so greeting the with firearms may not be the best idea. I suppose we'd best hear them out first." He flicked the safety back on and put it in his jacket's inside pocket.

Everyone in the tunnel could hear the gears of the security door spin the moment Stefan knocked on the door. A few mechanical clicks, some electronic buzzing, and then...silence. The last thing to happen was the com device Stefan was holding shorted out completely.

The door slowly swung open on it' on accord, revealing the room inside. It was rather unremarkable for the most part. It looked like a mere 40 foot cement box with an arrangement of boxes to the left, and a wall of glass at the far end of the room that seperated one half of the room from the other.

Beyond the glass were a row of 5 computers mounted to the wall. A common office chair sat in front of the screens; its occupant kept his back to the group entering his home.

"All you had to do was run, and you make a big ass explosion. You are one entertaining bunch"

The voice of the man wasn't nearly as robotic as the one on the com device had been, but he was clearly augmenting his voice to cover up what he really sounded like.

"In any case. Welcome. I hope you had fun out there"

Calvin stepped forwards towards the chair.
"Welcome. I hope you had fun out there"
"Yeah running through a muddy forest, crawling through a sewer pipe and faking my own death is just my idea of a good day out."

He had a look around the room, and saw nothing he hadn't seen already. Just bare cement walls, the boxes, and the glass screen at the far end.

"Sitting in a swivel chair with your back to the door when your guests enter. How very original. Do you want to tell us who you are now?"

Entering the pipe was bad enough, but enduring the crawl with no end in sight was suffocating. Nothing pleasant came from cramped spaces for Edmond. It was as if gravity itself was grasping his throat, gripping ever tighter without remorse. He could barely breathe in these situations, luckily he heard over the chatting up ahead that a ladder was found. Nearly stumbling down the ladder head first, Edmond took in every aspect of the room he now resided in. Spacious, recently cleaned, a grand door that appears to be a vault, and best of all not a pipe.

The relief of being out of the cramped tube, almost blinded the doctor from realizing several oddities. Before he would sit down and think about them, Edmond figured proceeding through the vault door was the logical next step in their given destination but the other inmates before him seemed unable to find any way of opening the door. "Anyone try to ring the bell? Or should we just blow the door open? Worked last time". The man who referred to himself as Calvin called out for us to find a keyhole so that he could have his way with it. Problem was vault doors of this caliber wouldn't, or most definitely, shouldn't have keyholes of any kind. Before Edmond could voice his opinion on that plan, the crackle of a radio erupted in the room. Initially startled by the abruptness of the device, Edmond frantically looked around the room to find it, only to notice seconds later it was in the hands of one of the men. "You could always try knocking. Honestly, why must criminals always do things the hard way?".

Hearing those words spoken over the radio caused Edmond's mind to stir. This scenario laid out before him left subtle hints to what has been going on and why it has happened. Three buses full of convicts picked specifically by Sebastian Black were all attacked simultaneously, a man on the radio orders us to all head into the woods, a pipe in the middle of a forest that leads to a site that appears to be a hideout, the voice referring to us as criminals suggests he has dealt with the like before yet does not consider himself such. This must not be a large gang that wants more muscle, could it be a political party? Hire criminals with little chance of objection to carry out the dirty work behind the scenes so as to remain inconspicuous. With tasks so life threatening they'll all die off to the point where the remaining can be snuffed out silently. To his dismay, the doctor had no options left, returning to the bus or what was left of it would now put him in greater peril then what was to come from the man on the radio.

So lost in thought was the doctor he suddenly realized the vault began to open. It was quite the sight, or so he thought as he could not get a good look over the other prisoners, almost all of them were unusually tall. What he was able to hear was a man say "I hope you had fun out there". This man was obviously going to throw us into life threatening situations with circumstances so dire that he might as well put a couple rounds into us and ship us back to the cops right here, would be quicker. Then again he did spare their lives moments ago, and he looks to have something that would give us some sort of motivation besides murder hopefully. Might as well play along he thought, wouldn't this be more exciting? Aside from the pipe crawling of course.

"Well not all of us wanted to stand around for 10 minutes, others....". Calcifer gave the others an icy glare. "Well they obviously like to play, but I'm a business man man. To the point as we all want to arrive at, would you be so kind as to answer his question, and my own; what do you want". The arms dealer folded his arms, he was unsure if they could even speak to him. It just seemed to be the boxes in there half of the room, obviously something for them. Whoever it was through the glass, he was an intriguing man.

Byron was surprised that the door actually opened. He thought that their saviour was playing some sort of joke on them but was relieved when he saw that there was no trap behind the door. He saw the man, his back to them. He looked around the room, pretty empty, not what you'd call a mastermind's hideout.

"Sitting in a swivel chair with your back to the door when your guests enter. How very original. Do you want to tell us who you are now?"

"Hah, you suppose that when he turns around he's wearing a suit and stroking a fat cat? Oh and by the way I really like this evil mastermind arrangement, spells out crazy right away."

Stefan stepped forward towards the glass pane. He decided to tuck away his gun again as to not appear threatening but it was an arbitrary gesture, the glass was obviously bullet proof. He had thrown the destroyed device aside as the door had opened. It was no more use obviously. Instead he took a grip on his shock baton again, holding it still as he walked through the vault door and up to the glass pane.

"All you had to do was run, and you make a big ass explosion. You are one entertaining bunch -- In any case. Welcome. I hope you had fun out there."

Stefan opened his mouth to speak. But he realized he most likely owed his life to this man. He nodded slightly. Manners first.

"Thank you. Anyone else can think whatever they wish, but I doubt we would've escaped without outside help. So.. yeah. Thank you. Even if the service wasn't free. I'm guessing you have a lot of plans, huh..."

That was all he really needed to say, taking a light breath, the tension in his stomach eased and he felt better again, even if he was cold and his clothing was wet and covered in filth. He wanted to shower and scrub himself clean. He wasn't sure if it was because he was being associated with criminals or because he was covered in grime. A bit of both he guessed.

He shifted his body a little and adjusted his filthy shirt, he managed to smirk a little though. That might've been at the remarks people were making about their saviour though.

"I hope you have showers down here somewhere. Because your pipe really smelled like shit...Sir."

Caspian soon joined several of the other inmates as they entered a room that felt rather sterile in comparison to the inmates who were all dirty and wet due to the conditions outside. Beyond a glass wall, lay a bank of 5 somewhat large computers, and someone sitting in a chair with their back towards the group. Abigail soon joined the others after trudging through the pipe, and stood next to Caspian who had propped himself against the back wall.

The way in which the person spoke was obviously synthetic in nature, probably a means to disguise themselves. On the groups side of the room, there were a series of boxes, each one with a person's name on it; which must of corresponded to a member of the group. Abigail looked curious, and tempted to walk over and life the lid; not before Caspian grabbed her hand.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you Abigail, who knows whats lurking inside of those boxes." He remarked in a quiet, cautious tone.

"Awwh, but I want to see whats inside." Abigail responded with a childish pout.

"Patience, all shall be revealed in time." Caspian then returned his attention to the person with a augmented voice.

"In any case. Welcome. I hope you had fun out there."

"Yes, fun is definitely the term I'd use to describe having to run through a forest while being chased by the local police; then crawling through a tunnel to meet with someone who currently keeps their back to us." Caspian remarked in a rather annoyed and sarcastic tone. He soon calmed down, realising that acting negative around the person that might of saved them, could be considered bad form.

"Pardon me, we've all had a bit of a rough day so far. Also, thank you for assistance in our little escape attempt." Caspian then said in a much more polite tone of voice.

Robin and taken her sweet time working up the courage to get through the pipe, in the end the dark forest with police was slightly scarier.

The trip was long and dark and still not the worst she'd had in a while. Her glasses at least provided some illumination but to be honest it wasn't making any easier. She swore she saw the odd rat and the smell was just terrible. However she sort of noticed the change from the regular awful to a more industrial badness.

They came to the door she was just into to see it gets opened. She was fairly surprised to see this stranger in the chair. Very surprised actually, then again it hadn't happened to her in a while and it'd been longer since she was on this side of the door.

Quick she was disoriented and a bit on edge, she needed to say something snarky.
"I hear you appreciate my work? Who knows, give me an opportunity and next time and I'll really show you something. I'd stand back though."

"Hah, you suppose that when he turns around he's wearing a suit and stroking a fat cat? Oh and by the way I really like this evil mastermind arrangement, spells out crazy right away."

"I'm glad at least some of you have an appreciation for theatrics. I work hard on my image"

The man behind the glass was either incapable of picking up sarcasm or simply refused to. He rotated his chair towards them and waved. He was clad in a black suede jacket and gloves. I helmet with a reflective surface was worn over his face.

"Though I admit, If I had time to take care of a cat that would have been quite the awesome site..."

The man reaches over and writes something down on a notepad, then gives his attention back to the guests.

"To answer your questions, I am called Mantis by everyone that currently knows me. And as for what I want...well. Your help of course.

"I need a few of you morally grey types to work on the side of Justice for a while. In return, you get to the people have a chance at changing the world first hand. And some monetary gain for your troubles if that's your sort of thing"

"So.....any takers?"

"Why would I want to change the world Mr. Mantis? I'm an arms dealer, I profit from chaos and I doubt your looking to make things worse in the long run" Calcifer stepped up to the glass to bring his size to bear. "But I am a deal man, though my rates are not by any means cheap".

The vault door swung open moments after Stefen had knocked on it, revealing the room inside. It wasn't what Oliver had expected at all, it was bland and anticlimactic, it looked more like an office cubical then the lair of some shadowy organization. A wall of glass separated them from the occupant of the plain office who kept his back facing them. The scene was staged, ripped entirely from old spy thrillers, he almost expected the occupant to be Russian.

The person behind the glass revealed himself, rotating his chair to face them. He wore a plain black suede jacket with matching gloves and a helmet that covered his face. The man introduced himself as Mantis and then offered them the job, he had expected this, but he hadn't expected he would be working for the other side of the law. The Knights of Steel is is then.

"It was very chivalrous breaking us out like that, and you did keep your word about introductions" He said smugly "But we still don't know what organization you're part of, you couldn't have pulled all this off by yourself"

"Why would I want to change the world Mr. Mantis? I'm an arms dealer, I profit from chaos and I doubt your looking to make things worse in the long run"

The large man stepped forward, from what Mantis could guess he was trying to look tough.

"But I am a deal man, though my rates are not by any means cheap".

"Oh? Do tell, how much money will you be inclined to make if potential clients are getting locked up by the hundreds each day?

You profit from chaos, I make chaos. That much is evident by me releasing 40 criminals to tare France apart. As far as money goes, I'm not all that concerned about price tag at the moment"

"It was very chivalrous breaking us out like that, and you did keep your word about introductions. But we still don't know what organization you're part of, you couldn't have pulled all this off by yourself"

"You would think, but breakouts when the transport you're targeting follows the same pattern for 5 months. Then it's just the matter of putting explosions in the right place, getting a hold of a weapon, and all the other boring logistics of it."

"You profit from chaos, I make chaos. That much is evident by me releasing 40 criminals to tare France apart. As far as money goes, I'm not all that concerned about price tag at the moment"

40 criminals into the country side. That seems small pierogies to me Mr Mantis, though I haven't seen your resume. And why would I care if simple criminals are getting locked up. I supply rebels, terrorists and professional armies beyond the reach of a black bag. I am grateful for you getting me out of my jam but I wouldn't of lingered in prison long". Calcifer turned to the side and examined the crates exterior from afar. It's to bad he couldn't of met this Mantis fellow truly face to face, no walls. But clearly both somewhat underestimated the others power.

"Why don't you just tell us what you want, and I'll decide if I want to throw my support in and we can work out the details after".

Stefan nodded slightly, stepping away from the glass pane.

"So the theory is correct then I take it. You want to take down Black. At this point, I'm not even going to bother to think he isn't up to something. Screw what organization you're part of. I'll help. I don't want money, help me set my life straight instead."

Stefan was clenching his right fist again, closing and opening it out of some habit. If the man didn't have some twisted perception of justice, maybe he could even fit in. It would be comforting to know that his work was justified. Things were unfolding nonetheless. The man with the cuffs was an arms dealer apparently. He looked as if he was trying to look imposing. It didn't seem to work, what with the glass pane and all.

"Why don't you just tell us what you want, and I'll decide if I want to throw my support in and we can work out the details after".

"To put it in simple terms, I want the guy that had you locked up. I want Black, his militia, and everything he has wiped off the face of the earth. And I want your help to do it"

"So the theory is correct then I take it. You want to take down Black. At this point, I'm not even going to bother to think he isn't up to something. Screw what organization you're part of. I'll help. I don't want money, help me set my life straight instead."

Mantis spun in his chair several times and clapped in celebration.

"Whooo! We have one guy on board. Lovely"

The vault door opened a few moments after Stefen had knocked on it, revealing the room inside. Jacob looked surprised it looked quite boring he had expected something completely different, still he couldn't complain this was fine as well. He then noticed the wall of glass that stood between the convicts and a mysterious man sitting in a chair. With the back to them Jacob thought to himself about how cliché that was.

Jacob looked at Oliver when he heard the chair turn, he looked back to see the man with the helmet looking at them. A number of possibility who this man was began to pop up in his head. The name he referred to himself was Mantis not his real name no surprises there. He offered them a job, with the Reavers gone and most of his contacts arrested he figured why not. He had nothing to lose right now still he had to talk to Oliver first.

"It was very chivalrous breaking us out like that....you couldn't have pulled all this off by yourself" Oliver made an good point, Jacob wanted to know answers to a few questions before he would accept. He hated working blind but the other cons began to ask questions so rapidly that he held his mouth shut and listened to all of the answers.

"You would think, but breakouts when the transport you're targeting follows the same pattern for 5 months. Then it's just the matter of putting explosions in the right place, getting a hold of a weapon, and all the other boring logistics of it." Jacob looked at the man, this man was very dangerous. Jacob looked around maybe this man had also manged to get an hold of his weapons. He was a 5 times as good fighter with his custom made armor.

"Oh? Do tell, how much money will you be inclined to make if potential clients are getting locked up by the hundreds each day?......I'm not all that concerned about price tag at the moment" Jacob made a mental note about that maybe they would be able to team up with them.

"To put it in simple terms....And I want your help to do it" Jacob heard that things Mantis wanted and he had no problem helping with those. "Whooo! We have one guy on board. Lovely" Mantis said after getting the ex cop on his side.

Jacob looked at Oliver he whispered "I think it would be best to help him for the time being. We might find some of our gang back as well as a few new recruits. And also he might have our equipment that was taken away. And I really want my armor back.

Byron thought about the offer for a moment. Mantis seemed to want his brother and all of his policies wiped off the face of the Earth. Their goals seemed to coincide but Byron could help but feeling they were just tools in this man's scheme. The ex-cop seemed to allow himself very easily swayed.

"Steady on there Almberg. This man wants to take down my brother but haven't you thought why? You ask for nothing in return and do you really think that he cares about you getting your life back? He might want to take control of his criminal empire and kill more people. Isn't that what ou as a cop fought against? Unless you can prove to me that we are less than tools to be discarded I won't work for you. Unless..."

Byron thought for a second about his demands.

"You would provide us with all the equipment needed, including safehouses and henchmen as well as when the job is done I want some serious money and a one way flight to a place of my choice."

"Why don't you just tell us what you want, and I'll decide if I want to throw my support in and we can work out the details after." The arms dealer Calcifer asked, wanting to get to the point of this conversation.

"To put it in simple terms, I want the guy that had you locked up. I want Black, his militia, and everything he has wiped off the face of the earth. And I want your help to do it." The man who called himself Mantis replied with, making a few notes on a pad next to him , then returned his attention to the assembled group. From the way things were going, both Mantis and Caspian wanted the same thing, the removal of Sebastian Black; but at least Caspian had a reason to wanting Black gone. Several of the other inmates had question for the helmet wearing man, so Caspian decided to wait.

Although, he got the distinct impression, that Mantis wasn't telling them everything, and suspected that something might be up.

"It seems like you and I have a common goal for the most part Mantis. Pardon me for being a little frank with you here, but no doubt that I like many of the others here, don't want to be considered pawns in this somewhat elaborate game of chess that you are playing against President Black."

Everyone had begun making demands of this man who called himself Mantis. Some, like Almberg, jumped on straight away. Others, like the arms dealer Calcifer, wanted to know more, and some, like Byron, made their demands first. Calvin decided to follow Byron's example.

"You would provide us with all the equipment needed, including safehouses and henchmen as well as when the job is done I want some serious money and a one way flight to a place of my choice."
"Make that two. And I'll be wanting some new papers aswell. As much as I've enjoyed being Calvin Greene I don't think he'll be looked upon favourably in the airports of the world when this is done. That shouldn't be too much to ask a man of your resources."

Caspian, the man who had been with Abigail, spoke up. "It seems like you and I have a common goal for the most part Mantis. Pardon me for being a little frank with you here, but no doubt that I like many of the others here, don't want to be considered pawns in this somewhat elaborate game of chess that you are playing against President Black."

"My sentiments exactly", Calvin agreed. "As well as the fact that I don't come cheap, I'll be wanting to know exactly what's going on, and I'm sure everyone else will be too."

"Steady on there Almberg. This man wants to take down my brother but haven't you thought why? You ask for nothing in return and do you really think that he cares about you getting your life back? He might want to take control of his criminal empire and kill more people. Isn't that what ou as a cop fought against? Unless you can prove to me that we are less than tools to be discarded I won't work for you. Unless..."

Stefan was baffled. Not just at that statement, but at the whole situation. They were all making demands from the guy who just saved their hides. Typical criminals. He sighed lightly, focusing again. He only wanted justice and he had already lost his family and his job. He had nothing to lose when it came to working for this man.

"I don't care wether he cares or not, Byron. I care about justice. I care about wether your bastard of a brother pays for his crimes or not. Not just towards me, but everyone he's ever wronged. And even if Mantis here decides to take over his empire, the more of a fool he'll be. Others will step up to stop him, if not me. And eventually, they'll succeed. I don't need to know why he wants to drop Black. I just need to know how he plans to do it so I can help him."

"You're all unbelieveable. You think -you're- in a position to make demands here? I dare you to go out there and live like you used to. Just walk out of here. Let Black trace you down. See if he spares you this time around. You have nothing on him alone, and if you can't see that then you might as well already be dead."

He turned to Mantis again, edging closer to the glass pane.

"Your intentions are to drop Black and I already owe you my life, whatever that's worth. I will help you. Wether you help me further or not. I do want my life back. But that can wait. Because I'm not getting it back until Sebastian Black is either exposed or dead and with your help, he will be. If this is all some elaborate scheme to take control over his assets. Well, then the moment Black is dead, you can consider me your enemy."

Almberg felt a little agitated. He wasn't in his element here, that much was obvious. Wrinkles creased his face and he stared intently at Mantis. Waiting for the man to elaborate. At least he's shared his thoughts. For better or for worse, he'll be damned if he doesn't express himself.

"You want safehouses filled with armed men in a country that's been the epicenter of anti-gang enforcement for over a year. That's ambitious. Not smart, but ambitious"

"Make that two. And I'll be wanting some new papers aswell. As much as I've enjoyed being Calvin Greene I don't think he'll be looked upon favourably in the airports of the world when this is done. That shouldn't be too much to ask a man of your resources."

"Simple forged documents. That's the most reasonable thing I've heard today. But as far as the henchmen and safehouses go, that's going to have to wait. I need you lot to make it where organizing all this wont bring on a bunch of attention you don't want. I'm sure all the men you need will come flocking in droves as thanks for getting some of the militia off their back"

"It seems like you and I have a common goal for the most part Mantis. Pardon me for being a little frank with you here, but no doubt that I like many of the others here, don't want to be considered pawns in this somewhat elaborate game of chess that you are playing against President Black."

"As I've proven here today, you're more valuable to me alive. The dime a dozen gunmen off the streets would be much better canon fodder than all of you, and a lot cheaper. You are more like...Bishops? Those are the ones that can more in any direction right? Yeah. I'll do with Bishops"

Everyone but Oliver and Jacob were making their demands known, money, weapons, henchmen. Mantis had explained the how and the why, but not what. He was more concerned with that, what did Mantis want them to do? Any thug could be lifted off the street to take down Black, he wasn't exactly popular, so why choose this rag-tag group of assassins, pyromaniacs and thieves?

"I think it would be best to help him for the time being. We might find some of our gang back as well as a few new recruits. And also he might have our equipment that was taken away. And I really want my armour back."Jacob whispered.

"I think so too, I want to know what this guy wants from us" He whispered back. "That glass might be bullet proof, but how will it do against lightening" He finished, chuckling lightly.

"As I've proven here today, you're more valuable to me alive. The dime a dozen gunmen off the streets would be much better canon fodder than all of you, and a lot cheaper. You are more like...Bishops? Those are the ones that can more in any direction right? Yeah. I'll do with Bishops"

"For a moment I thought you were clever, Queens can move in any direction not Bishops. But what does that make you? A Knight or a King?"

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . . . 15 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked