Ahsoka Disney+ release date August 23, 2023 Star Wars premiere

Ahsoka Release Date Is Now Official at Disney+

Disney and Lucasfilm have at last finalized the release date for Ahsoka, pinning down a premiere for Wednesday, August 23, 2023 on Disney+. Till now, all we had known for sure was that it would release sometime in August. Last month, it seemed like the release date may have leaked early, but that turned out to just be a clerical error on the part of someone at Disney. The speculation is over now though. Now is the time to raise a relevantly colored lightsaber in celebration.

Recommended Videos

Ahsoka Tano first entered the live-action canon during The Mandalorian season 2, which in general felt like a launch pad for various Star Wars spinoff shows, and then she showed up again in The Book of Boba Fett, which was secretly The Mandalorian season 2.5. Now, she’s taking the lead for a show that is basically a sequel to the animated series Star Wars: Rebels, featuring various returning characters like Sabine Wren in the teaser below. However, in a very roundabout way, Ahsoka also seems to be adapting Timothy Zahn novel Star Wars: Heir to the Empire, in that the villain is Thrawn and the trailer straight up called him the “heir to the empire.” Ahsoka is a veritable thermal detonator of hype for longtime Star Wars fans, and now we have August 23 as the concrete release date. It will run for eight episodes.

Following all of this, Dave Filoni will direct a Star Wars movie to wrap up these assorted TV shows. Although, if I had to choose between another 10 years of Star Wars content and just Andor season 2, I would choose Andor immediately, with no regrets.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article Furiosa: Is Tom Hardy in the Mad Max: Fury Road Prequel?
Tom Hardy as Max Rockatansky in Mad Max: Fury Road
Read Article Agatha: Who Does Joe Locke Play in the MCU Series?
Joe Locke and Marvel Comics character Billy Kaplan/Wiccan
Read Article X-Men ’97: Who Is Theo James’ Character, Bastion?
Bastion in X-Men '97 Season 1, Episode 7, "Bright Eyes"
Related Content
Read Article Furiosa: Is Tom Hardy in the Mad Max: Fury Road Prequel?
Tom Hardy as Max Rockatansky in Mad Max: Fury Road
Read Article Agatha: Who Does Joe Locke Play in the MCU Series?
Joe Locke and Marvel Comics character Billy Kaplan/Wiccan
Read Article X-Men ’97: Who Is Theo James’ Character, Bastion?
Bastion in X-Men '97 Season 1, Episode 7, "Bright Eyes"
Author
John Friscia
Former Managing Editor at The Escapist. I have been writing about video games since 2018 and editing writing on IT, project management, and video games for around a decade. I have an English degree, but Google was a more valuable learning resource. I taught English in South Korea for a year in 2018, and it was exponentially more fun than living in Pennsylvania. My major passions in life are SNES, Japanese RPGs, Berserk, and K-pop. I'm currently developing the game Boss Saga with my brother, which is guaranteed to change your life and you should buy it.