Children of the Gods: Arc 2 [Game/Closed]

Pages PREV 1 . . . 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 . . . 57 NEXT

Dan reluctantly nodded in agreement, though he felt he could take a few and catch up with the plane if things went too far south... He noticed the TV, and frowned further, glancing back at Remus. He wasn't sure how he'd hold up, but he was easily one of their best fighters. And a decent guy.

He just shook his head as he knelt down, and looked for his passport. He wasn't too surprised to see it still had both his eyes in it, and quickly pocketed it. He got back up and went to the corner, preferring to be alone for the moment.

"So, what is bothering you?..." Andrew said after a long pause. Vera stared at him for a moment, raising an eyebrow.

"Am I that obvious?" she asked, mostly rhetorically. Vera wasn't sure she wanted to vent to Andrew - who she barely knew - but then aside from Nicole, she didn't know anyone else all that well. "To hell with it" she thought to herself. She waited until Prometheus left the room before starting up.

"Have you ever thought about your parent?" she said, using emphasis to get the point of which parent she was talking about across. She could have just said 'god parent' but then she'd have to acknowledge them as gods. "Mine is a victory god; a god of war. And what was I doing before I got abducted; before I even met him? I was competing in sports and games. I wanted victory. When we fought the Satyrs, I killed them... and I really don't feel anything about it. I broke open their skulls and let there blood drain into the sand and I don't care. So here's the question: did I compete in games and sports all my life because I received divine powers and was therefore good at them and therefore liked to do it or am I driven by something inside me - another gift from dear old dad - that makes me want to fight and compete, so I'm just doing what I'm told? I know right now we're tools of the gods, too afraid to clean up there own messes, but was I... were we... ever not just tools they could manipulate without our ever knowing?" Vera said, taking pauses to chose her words where needed.

"Am I me, or am I a puppet on s string?" she finished with a deep breath, putting down her drink. She didn't really expect an answer, but then she wasn't sure there was an answer.

"Have you ever thought about your parent?"

So it's this kind of trouble.

"Mine is a victory god; a god of war. And what was I doing before I got abducted; before I even met him? I was competing in sports and games. I wanted victory. When we fought the Satyrs, I killed them... and I really don't feel anything about it. I broke open their skulls and let there blood drain into the sand and I don't care. So here's the question: did I compete in games and sports all my life because I received divine powers and was therefore good at them and therefore liked to do it or am I driven by something inside me - another gift from dear old dad - that makes me want to fight and compete, so I'm just doing what I'm told? I know right now we're tools of the gods, too afraid to clean up there own messes, but was I... were we... ever not just tools they could manipulate without our ever knowing? Am I me, or am I a puppet on s string?"

Andrew thought about her words, sorting out what she was saying, to see what it was that was bothering her at the core. Vera had problems with the killing, as well as her heritage. Andrew shrugged.

"Well," he started. How to address it? familiarity was probably the best solution. She seemed to want someone who was in the same situation, but had an answer. "It's not like I'm in a different position, I was done with med-school when I found out that my father was Apollo. I've wanted to be a doctor and a surgeon since I was a child, so it's not like I never wondered about it myself when I realized it. But, and this might sound a bit arrogant, I never doubted I was meant to be a doctor. Not as the son of Apollo, or someone with the ability to heal people with a touch, but as me. Just me, no strings, no gods. I just can't imagine a future where I would not help people in a hospital. I might have been influenced by my talents, but my talents are my own, the moment I was born they were nothing but heritage, free for me to use."

He took a break so see if it was sinking in. "So yeah. I believe you are you, just like I'm me. Doing something because you have a talent for it, and because you enjoy it, that's all you. That's how I see it, at least."

He smiled, before adding. "As for the killing, don't worry. You have every right to be worried about not caring, but truth is, people are different. They react different to things, and even though you're not crying over it, it doesn't mean you don't care. If you hadn't, you wouldn't worry about it."

He sighed. "I'm terrible at this, am I not? Let's see, from my point of view, not getting emotional over it is better than getting emotional over it. Death is natural, and I know it's a cliche saying so. You were defending yourself and others, if you were to doubt yourself, it might have gone very wrong. Being able to do something like that is useful, so use it for it's worth."

I'm not sure I'm making it better.

He followed the others down to the lobby and waited for their bus to arrive and take them to the airport. The sight of the mad god's antics on the T.V. had soured his mood. For a moment it seemed as if Able had been able to forget the whole point of this strange journey and what had brought them on it. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't dreading what they might find in Sicily. Back at the bar they'd all joked about Dionysus being the worst possible god to try something like this, how he was just some divine frat boy. But he'd already proven he wasn't playing around (and then some). People had died, monsters were on the loose and he'd even taken out Gaia, one of the oldest and - he guessed - most powerful gods.

And we're supposed to stop him. How? He's a damn god! Just one god... if he's brought all the others together you'd think they could do something about it with all those numbers. What's he got on them?

His mind wandered back to the stories he'd read during his mythology phase when he fist fund out who his father was. The greeks weren't Able's favourite group but they were interesting and they weren't above commiting a few horrific acts, Dionysus among them. He went to Prometheus, Able had so many questions and the titan was the only one who could answer them.

[Why is Dionysus doing this? What does he want?]

Day 3: Midday

Why is Dionysus doing this?

As the bus pulled up outside the lobby, Prometheus turned and shrugged at Able. Prometheus had made a fair guess at why, but decided to reserve that information until later. It could prove to be a large hindrance to several members if he revealed it.

"Come on you lot, on the bus."

Stepping onto the bus first, Prometheus quickly noticed that there was just enough seats for the group; the seats were in pairs of two, with only 5 rows remaining. He quickly made for a window seat and sat down, quietly wondering who would draw the short straw and sit next to him.

Most of the other passengers were tourists from numerous countries; all strangely quiet, absorbed in books or newspapers. One headline referred to the recent massacres.

Taking out his journal, Prometheus skimmed over several notes on numerous creatures. Maenads, Nymphs, Silen, Centaurs; any number of Dionysus' troupe could ambush them at any place.

And any Gods he's recruited to his cause...

He sighed and started writing.

"... Being able to do something like that is useful, so use it for it's worth." Andrew said in response.

"That's easy for you to say; if you inherited a desire, it was to help people. If I inherited one, it's probably to win and kill things." she said, but she could see at least some of his points. In the very least, it didn't prove she was under control. It did however not resolve the concern.

"The truth is, I'm still not concerned with the fact I killed them. The only thing I hate about it is the thought that I'm either controlled by some damned god or becoming what I hate most - one of them." she finished, frustrated at the alternatives.

Vera might have continued were it not for Prometheus. "Come on you lot, on the bus." he called out, drawing her out of the conversation. Vera grabbed her bags and started walking toward the bus. Though she'd said it once before, she'd say it again.

"God I hate Gods."

Oh like hell you don't know. Shrugging off conversation was Able's thing, he wasn't about to get stuck on the other end.

Abe took a seat in behind Prometheus. If he wouldn't be open then he'd get his answers another way. Able leaned against the window trying to look casual while doing his best to peer over the titan's shoulder. He'd brought out a notebook but the writing was too small for him to read from that distance. Able thought he could make out a few words but what they were about was anyone's guess.

Maybe if I can get my hands on it...

It was going to be a long bus ride.

"That's easy for you to say; if you inherited a desire, it was to help people. If I inherited one, it's probably to win and kill things."

I'm not too sure about that, I think any desire I have inherited from him is a bit more selfish. Not to mention fun.

She continued speaking.

"The truth is, I'm still not concerned with the fact I killed them. The only thing I hate about it is the thought that I'm either controlled by some damned god or becoming what I hate most - one of them."

So you'd rather not become a god?

Then what? She'd rather be a human? That wasn't a desire that Andrew could understand.

"Humans kill too," he muttered, before Prometheus yelled for them to get at the bus. Andrew got the plastic bag he had put his stuff in and the passport and ticket, before walking to the bus. He thought about sitting alone, but it seemed that wasn't possible. Besides, Vera had just said something.

"God I hate Gods."

"Really?"

He sat down next to her. His voice made it clear that he was joking. "Well, we're here in order to stop one, right? So it's good you don't love them, at least. Makes the killing harder, and it's going to be fairly hard without that."

Steven looked around the bus, seeing Prometheus take a seat.

Steven sat in one of the empty rows, wondering if someone would rather sit with the Potaho head or the Titan first.

Nicole followed the others, grabbing the last empty seat on the bus, she had intended to sit next to Vera but it seemed Andrew had already grabbed that seat. With the limited seats left they would all be close together regardless of which they picked to sit in. Not like we can talk much about the quest on a bus anyways, people would think we're crazy. Or maybe just that we're doing an weird play or something, who knows, still seems like it would raise a few eyebrows.

Calling it a quest felt odd to her, like it was something out of a fantasy novel, or a video game. She dismissed the thought and looked out the window, Australia had some impressive scenery so far well its a nice vacation, see the world and such, just wish that things weren't so dire. Still hasn't sunk in fully I guess, the excitement I feel like I'm getting used to, the thought of what we've set out to do on the other hand... how does one kill a god anyways?

"Well, we're here in order to stop one, right? So it's good you don't love them, at least. Makes the killing harder, and it's going to be fairly hard without that." Andrew said, sitting next to her.

"It's not the killing part I hate. They have effectively infinite power at their disposal, know just about everything going on, and many of them declare themselves to be forces of good and justice. Yet, as far as I can tell, they spend their eternities sitting on thrones made of clouds, having sex with everything with a hole in it, and generally making life harder for everyone else. I don't want them to interfere in the human world, jumping in to save people left and right - humans need to be able to solve things for themselves - but the least they could do is sit back and do no harm with their divine power. Instead, we're hunting down one who went extra crazy. Given how Dionysus seems to be trying to bring about Ragnarok, I'd almost be willing to let him do it if it didn't involve killing so many other people." Vera muttered, keeping her voice down so as not to disrupt the other passengers.

Aria climbed onto the bus and after seeing the rows fill up, sighed, then took the seat next to Prometheus, figuring he would bother her the least, as she didn't really feel like talking. Despite Dan's efforts she still had her doubts, not just about what he'd said about the 'magics' involved, but the 'mission' on the whole.

"It's not the killing part I hate. They have effectively infinite power at their disposal, know just about everything going on, and many of them declare themselves to be forces of good and justice. Yet, as far as I can tell, they spend their eternities sitting on thrones made of clouds, having sex with everything with a hole in it, and generally making life harder for everyone else. I don't want them to interfere in the human world, jumping in to save people left and right - humans need to be able to solve things for themselves - but the least they could do is sit back and do no harm with their divine power. Instead, we're hunting down one who went extra crazy. Given how Dionysus seems to be trying to bring about Ragnarok, I'd almost be willing to let him do it if it didn't involve killing so many other people."

She really, really hates gods. I can get the no harm thing, though.

Andrew shrugged. He lowered his voice when he spoke as well. "Well, with this, the gods will owe us something, right?"

I don't actually need anything from them. Unless they can give me a longer life.

"If you don't accept their "prize" for this, when it is over, and give their a piece of your mind, you'll at least have wounded their pride, and shown them that you're not a puppet. That's something they will remember for a while. Personally, I don't believe in gods. Sure, they exist, but I don't see them as being worthy of praise or worship, they are just beings with special powers and extremely long lives."

Besides, I'm not about to worship the beings just because they are strong.

"So you may hate gods, but I don't believe in them."

He smiled. Andrew supposed he had said something very arrogant. But he was just speaking his mind, for once. "Besides, the more important thing is saving people, which is worth it, in my opinion."

Dan climbed into the bus, and noticed Aria had chosen to sit next to Prometheus. He wanted to use this time to get to know her, but they had a whole quest to do that, and she might want space...

He chose to sit in the back, and write. Something quick, on the back of his latest map. He used a blue pen he picked up from the hotel, and set to work with a limerick.

The poison was atropine based
with vials of wrath it was laced
regrets had he none
for soon he'd be gone
when into his blood it was placed.

Dan looked over the thing, he... didn't write that? He blinked hard, and the color changed, wine red. He rubbed his eyes, and it disappeared. It was just his crappy little poem over Aria. He sighed, tilting his head back, and chuckled softly.

'I need sleep...'

Prometheus noticed Aria sit down next to him, and reached into his bag and procured his flask. He offered some to her, and with a grin.

"It's safe from Dionysus; I promise. Want a bit?"

Still fairly unsure of her age, he was confident in that if he was breaking any state laws, they neither had the will nor the means to arrest him. As he held it out to her, he slipped his journal back into his bag with his other hand, and retrieved his prize of the earlier shopping trip.

A brand new pair of Rayban Explorers. He had a soft-spot for sunglasses, given his many travels, and these were his favourite. Gold-plated and still inside the case, he simply placed them on his lap, awaiting the sun-glare, daring it to shine so he could wear them without looking strange.

Aria took the flask Prometheus offered and took a couple gulps and handed it back "You do know I'm only 19 right?" she said in a low tone so only Prometheus would hear "Course, I can probably drink the whole group under the table, but, I'm from Texas, and part viking deity, I have an unfair advantage in that regard" she said with a smirk in the same tone.

When Remus entered the room, he heard Vera going on a God-loathing spiel with Andrew. Her words frustrated Remus quite a bit. "How can someone be so hateful of their own divine heritage?" he thought as he stood and listened. He remembered being the happiest he had ever been in his life when he discovered he was a son of Mars. Although he had never gotten to meet his father, he was proud to be to child of such a virtuous and powerful being. Yet Vera, who was the daughter of a Persian victory God, seemed ashamed of what she was.

"And why, because of some false sense that you have no free will?" he wanted to say, but resolved to keep his tongue withdrawn. "This isn't manipulation - you have a duty to fulfill." They were demigods. Born with powers that mortals could only dream of having. And as such, they were obliged to deal with problems that no mortal, or God, could.

Remus was tempted to speak his thoughts to Vera. But before he could, Prometheus called for them to get rolling. He moved along with the others and stepped onto the bus. Spotting Nicole sitting along one of the rows, he took the empty seat next to him. Remus let his eyes wander about the interior of the vehicle for a bit, then faced Nicole again and whispered. "Did you hear Vera's rant back there?" he asked. "It's unbelievable how immature some people can be."

"It's unbelievable how immature some people can be."

Nicole had overheard Vera's conversation with Andrew, though she wasn't sure whether or not she should say anything. Andrew's replied were odd to say the least, she understood his meaning, that the 'gods' were not actually gods, though his use of the word belief seemed almost comical sitting on a bus surrounded by demigods and a titan. He is the most determined atheist out there, bit smug about it too, can't fault him for wanting to save people though. She wasn't sure she wanted to say anything back to Remus either though, she didn't find it immature to be concerned over how the gods affected things, and she didn't want to talk behind her friend's back either.

She leaned over to say something to Vera, speaking quietly "All I've seen the gods do so far is try to stop one of their own, sit in caves, and drink a lot," she said mentally adding and being shitty parents, they do that too "They have as much right to exist as we do, I don't want them interfering in everyday life either, but I haven't seen much of them doing that and Dio seems to be the only one going around hurting people. I'm not exactly happy to be dragged into this either, but I don't want more people to die, and if we're the only thing the gods can think of to stop one of their own then I'm willing to do so."

She didn't want to get into an argument with her friend, though Vera seemed quite bitter about this. She didn't find it immature of her to have concerns over such a thing though, "I get where you're coming from V, I'm concerned over whats happening too, but it seems like you're judging all the gods for what a few are doing." We don't even know why they're doing it either. Maybe they want to force a return to ancient times, their glory days? The gods we've met do seem fairly tame compared to the myths. Mot like we hear news reports of Zeus kidnapping maidens these days.

Etna trudged onto the bus and plonked herself on the only spare seat, next to an older man that had been tagging along with the group. It could have been worse. She had entranced to a chorus of bickering. 'Gods can be jerks, humans can be jerks, shut up about it already.' She sighed, as she waited the sound of the bus's engines.

The bus started moving as soon as Etna sat down. Given the fairly new condition, it was a much smoother ride than the Kombi trip over. Strange looks were cast at the group from tourists; they looked out of place and somewhat...different. Prometheus took the flask back from Aria, chuckling. A drinking contest was not a good idea. For now.

Content to stare out the window, he nervously drummed his fingers on his lap. He was an incredibly nervous flyer; only having being in a plane once; and was not looking forward to the trip. He wished Zeus would just zap them there.

Why can't you ever do anything useful?

Having sat there for a half hour in silence, he noticed a black car speed up and overtake the bus, catching a glimpse of the driver inside. He was laughing manically, staring at Prometheus, and then drove off.

The Titan cracked his knuckles and grimaced.

Dan seemed less than well but Able guessed that things could have been worse. Self inflicted eye guging mutilation usually had more of an extreme effect on people than it appeared to have had on Dan. Unless it's all a delayed reaction... listen to me, sounding like I know what I'm talking about.

The others were whispering back and forth in hushed tones. Abe could pick up the occasional mention of someone's PARENT being a jerk or neglectful, earning them a few funny looks from the other passengers. Meh, like we'll be seeing you again any time soon.

Aria just ignored Vera's rant for the most part "Some of us would settle for an inattentive parent given the choice" she muttered, followed by something about Vera being spoiled other then that, Aria sat in silence beside the Titan, kicking her seat back a little and covering her eyes with her hat.

Steven looked as Etna sat down, the last person to do so.

"Sorry there is no where else on the bus," Steven said as he looked out the window, "I know you would rather sit by someone who doesn't look a set of mismatched arms connected to a torso with a potato for a head."

Dan barely responded to the murmur of the bus as they talked about their parents. Dan had known his Father, his mother had died a few years ago. He loved and appreciated them, but their part in his life was over. It was time for Dan himself to live, and try to break free of the impressive shadow Odin had over him.

He noticed some look of concern from Abe, if he hadn't noticed that little episode Dan would've suspected him blind as well as mute. He liked the guy, certainly, but letting him know he was seeing things was not a good way to go. Best case he suspects blood loss, worst case Prometheus overhears and rips Dan's head off.

So he would stay quiet, and try to enjoy the ride to the airport, and get stuffed into a cramped metal tube when he could ride free with Sleipnir next to it...

'Who was that in the black car?' Dan looked over, somewhat curious before Aria's chair bumped into his legs, making him snap forward. When he turned back, it was gone, probably another trick of his madness.

The bus pulled up just outside the airport. Contrary to the surrounding city, the terminal was fairly modern; sleek steel and glass design, with automated doors and smartly dressed attendants. Tourists peeled off the bus and split into several groups, heading this way and that. Prometheus stood up and addressed his cohort.

"Alright guys, we're pretty much getting straight onto the plane. Follow me."

He turned and left the bus, thanking the driver, and made a beeline for customs entrance. His hexed bag perfectly concealed the groups items, and they went through with little hassle, save strange looks given to Dan's eye. Before they had time to breathe, their flight was called.

Chaperoned into business class, the group had their pick of luxurious seats with tables.. Monitors flipped down from the room above them at a whim, and their tables had dine-in menus. Prometheus quietly praised Hecate, and took a seat.

The plane began to pull away. Prometheus got nervous.

"Ready to fly?"

Well, that's a disappointment. I was hoping I could pick up a book before we'd have to board the plane. This is going to be a lot of dull hours.

His eyes went to Prometheus' bag, being unsure of whether it would really get true or not. Considering the contents, it would be a very bad thing if the magic thing didn't work. However, it seemed they managed to get through it without any kind of problems.

It seemed they had business class tickets, Andrew thought of it as a blessing, before he saw the seat arrangement. He quickly took the window-seat facing the direction they were flying in, in the group the closest to the flight deck. With how their seats were arranged, it seemed he wouldn't be able to close his eyes at all, as people would probably be talking. And he didn't really like sleeping in front of others, especially not when facing them, he couldn't think of a reason why anyone would. Without another dose of morphine every 6 hours, he wouldn't have to worry about sleeping, though. And he doubted he had enough for the whole trip, but it seemed Prometheus had neglected to bring painkillers. It hadn't struck him before now, mostly because anyone would bring painkillers for a trip like this.

I really wish I had a couple of books.

From the look of the monitors, there would be movies or TV-shows going on, but he found most of those to be uninteresting and noisy. He didn't really want to watch anything, but it would be annoying, as the others probably would. The only good thing so far was the menu, but he quickly realized that he couldn't even drink his way through the flight, because of the morphine.

Damn it, why couldn't we do this some other way?

His mind still went to the fact that they had a guy with a magical horse that could bring all of them to Sicily in something like an hour, even if it took trips back and forth. However, by now someone had to have suggested that, so Andrew told himself that there was an actual reason for them not doing so. He knew that none of the gods could help them, as it would bring attention to their location. And that was the reason they were the ones doing this. Andrew was still not very pleased.

A book. Just one decent book. And some more painkillers. How is that too much to ask? And why did we wait so long until getting to the airport either way?

People had spent time swimming around, or just waiting. He'd glare at Prometheus, if he wasn't supposed to be a friendly person. Andrew had to tell himself that he was a friendly, nice, reliable man, in order to make sure he didn't complain out loud. He had said some hasty things on the bus, and this trip was going to be long. Slipping up again wouldn't help him. Heck, he didn't even want to bother Etna, nor did he think he could, with people sitting all around.

I suppose there might be some newspapers or something to read here, but honestly, I prefer fiction.

He never had been an avid reader of newspapers, those he did read was usually from a sort of habit, or in order to have something to converse about, and sound as if he actually cared about stuff like sports or economics. Either way, he'd have to find out if there were something later. People were still getting seated, after all. When people had gotten a seat, the plane started, instructions were given, and they started the trip.

"Ready to fly?"

Prometheus sounded rather nervous, but Andrew just smiled, hoping he could reassure the titan a bit. "Yeah, I suppose so."

Could have woken us up and asked what we wanted, but I'm fine.

"Planes are really safe, either way, so it's the length that makes me a bit worried, honestly."

Hope you get the hint.

Nicole sat down as close to a window as she could manage, she had never flown in such luxury before her dad tending to be fairly cheap when they had to travel anywhere. She picked up the menu and began looking through it, still feeling a bit hungry from the race earlier. She realized it would be a long flight, longer than any she'd been on at least, and while part of her knew that she'd have less jetlag if she slept through it she wanted to stay up and look out the window, they would be flying over a lot of places she had never been to after all.

I wonder why we can't just let Dan carry us all, I mean we could land anywhere so could Dio really ambush us? And it'd be faster too, ah well I guess Prommy seems to know what he's doing. I hope he does at least would be bad otherwise. She glanced over at Andrew and Prometheus, who were sitting at a different table and wondered what they thought about all this, Prometheus in particular. He hasn't really done much except talk and drink since this started, isn't there anything else he could do? I swear I remember the myth being that he forged Zeus's lightning bolts, could be wrong about that but I sure as hell wouldn't mind a weapon like that.

Vera remained quiet following the comments of the others. They made good points, but she couldn't shake the feeling of wrongness about the entire mission. If the gods really had turned over a new leaf and stopped acting the way they did in the myths and legends, then why had they been kidnapped rather then asked? She couldn't shake the other feelings either - of not caring about the satyrs, or the fight with Gaia. Or the fact that so many of the demigods and goddesses present acted so similar to their divine progenitors. Maybe some of them had been raised by their deity parent, but could they all have been? Certainly she hadn't been. Neither had Nicole by what she knew of her fellow demigoddess. No; there had to be something in their blood; their DNA that drove them to act like their divine parent or else they were being subtly manipulated.

In any event, she didn't like it one bit. But, for the moment, she would remain silent; keeping an eye on Prometheus for any sign of control or treachery. It was all she could do.

As they made there way aboard the plane, Vera took a seat a few rows back from Prometheus and on the opposite side where she could keep an eye on him for a while. Again; probably not the best solution, but it was better then blindly trusting their kidnapper like the others.

"Ready to fly?" he asked; as if they had a choice in the matter. Vera crossed her fingers, thinking "Here's hoping we don't get attacked in mid-air"

Dan did so, He hated airports. So damn drab, so damn slow. The people seemed a mix of bored, misery, and medicated bliss, though all gave funny looks at Dan's lack of eye. His response was usually to speed up. For assholes, he decided to get creative. Why not? He was the demigod here...

"Excuse me sir," He bent down in front of some guy in a suit, who had sneered at him and went back to staring at Aria's ass, "Do you know if they sell eyepatches around here? I need one... And if you keep it up, you'll need two. Seriously, half your damn age." The guy reluctantly nodded, looking a lot more sweaty and embarrassed than before. Dan smiled and kept following, flashing a 'sorry for white knight-ing' smile to Aria.

"Ready to fly?"

"As ready as ever... Though, I think I regret not using Slippy." Dan gulped at the sight of the metal tube. He couldn't fall off Sleipnir, he could die in that damned thing. He'd just have to escape if fit hit the shan. But who would he take...

'Aria, Andrew, Able.' He chuckled sitting away from a window. He was so damned bias... A terrible trait for a prince of gods.

Aria boarded the plane and sat by Dan, liked she'd wanted to on the bus but was unable to, though she was quiet, and just stared out the window, she wanted to say something but wasn't sure what, she'd never had a boyfriend before so wasn't sure what to do next.

Etna simply followed the others. Travel was all the same, just walking from the entrance to the booth to the seat and waiting for the damn engine to start up again. Just to toy with him, she said down next to Andrew. Etna then stretched, took out her phone (wifi turned off naturally.) and began the all important activity of looking busy.

Now this is how to travel.

Able had mostly just shut his eyes for the bus ride in a failed attempt to get some more sleep, the night on the rough motel couch having not done him any favours and the bumpy road, combined with the heat, had planted the seeds of a splitting headache.

The plane on the other hand looked fancier than any hotel he'd ever stayed in. Able took a seat next to Nicole, she'd been the most patient with his methods so far and with such a long flight ahead no doubt they'd end up talking about something. He almost immediately started browsing the menu and the fancier dishes available to the business class customers. Almost makes it worth skipping breakfast.

Remus let out a whistle as he took a gander at the business class section. The interior of the plane was more classy than the bus they rode in on. It reminded him somewhat of the club back in Palermo where he worked part-time. Looking at the seats before him, Remus decided to sit on the same row as Able and Nicole. He took the chair next to the mute demigod and laid himself back. "How's it going?" he asked, turning to face Able with a smile. "Helluva way to travel, eh?" As he spoke, he peeked over the mute's shoulder to take a brief look at the menu. Despite the tasty pictures and meal descriptions, Remus' hunger was not aroused. Fancy airplane food was still airplane food, and airplane food was still sloppy crap. "I can wait to eat. I'm heading to the home of the greatest food in the world, after all."

Of all people, Etna had been the one to sit next to him. It was obvious that it was in order to bother him, as a part of their game. However, he was still not in the mood to play right now.

Now she takes the initiative. Great.

Besides, she still hadn't revealed her whole hand, using her phone. Andrew wasn't entirely sure that you could even use a phone on the flight anymore, flight-mode or not, but the chance of it messing up something was extremely small, so he didn't worry about it. If anyone would react to it, it would be Prometheus.

Not my problem, I guess. He might not even know about it.

Considering he was a titan, and all that. Andrew leaned over to Etna, facing her, and whispered into her ear. "Hey, temporary truce?"

I'm not up for playing right now. Well, actually, when I think about it...

"I'm sure neither of us wants to the other to be bothered, right?"

There was two reasons for him whispering. One was that he doubted anyone else would hear anything of it, and even if they did, it could easily be mistaken for something else. And the second one was that his tone and the fact that he was barely an inch from her ear would be seen as fairly seductive. He smirked slightly, a smirk that could easily be missed if you weren't paying attention, before pulling away, waiting for her reaction.

I lied.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 . . . 57 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked