All Characters Welcome: The Pub ver 3.0 Meta RP and Character Workshop (Always Open)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

For once the elf has the decency to look surprised. "How...?" He stares at the serpent for a few moments as he tries to process what the sage had said and how it might have known. He shakes his head in mild disbelief and takes another swig of his drink. "I suppose...there's not much to tell. As mother told it, she found a wrecked caravan. Merchants raided by bandits, probably. I don't know. No idea how many actually survived, but I was the only one she said that she found, just a little baby in the wreckage. Raised me as her own, alongside Kiqudda." He smiles wistfully and takes another sip. "Best family I could ask for."

"What about your family? What are they like?" After another moment something seems to click in his head. "The heck's a fae?"

"You have about you a lingering of their scent, Enadar. Nulkin have left you marked, and yet, I cannot remember that particular aromatic sigil on those that have confronted the Aranea in the passt, so please... regale me with the tale..."

At first, as Enadar began to tell his tale, the shadowy robed form of the Sage remained immobile. Something about the newcomers had distracted the Sage... the scent of unchecked ruin, the toxic dust of irradiated plains... But suddenly the hood snaps back to face the elf.

In the whipping of the hood's overabundant fabric, it slithers askance, revealing for a moment a triangular head, intricate plated scales, a flash of a long, forked black tongue, and black and gold, almost catlike eyes that lock onto Enadar's face with an unmistakable and yet inexplicably clear sense of surprise.

" Sss.. I beg your pardon, good elf, but... do you mean to tell me that you were raissed by... the Nul?!" The hood having slipped back into place, the Sage takes another, rather disconcerting, pause, then solemnly speaks.

"You have a sorcerous tutelage that would put you at the greenest envy of magi from across the spheres, good ssir. And my thankss... I occasionally have the gall to believe that I have witnessed at least a shade of all things. It does me good to be humbled. Bartender?"

As the good shopkeep fetches the Sage a less specialized but nonetheless bizarre brew, it continues, albeit uncertainly:"As to my own parentage, I know nothing. Sadly, I have spent many a year looking for traces of my sire, my state, even my species... all to naught, save disconnected, dusty whispers from before man stood upright."

"You have a sorcerous tutelage that would put you at the greenest envy of magi from across the spheres, good ssir. And my thankss... I occasionally have the gall to believe that I have witnessed at least a shade of all things. It does me good to be humbled."

"Um...ok?" Enadar loved his family, but was his upbringing really that exceptional? The elf found that hard to believe.

"As to my own parentage, I know nothing. Sadly, I have spent many a year looking for traces of my sire, my state, even my species... all to naught, save disconnected, dusty whispers from before man stood upright."

"Surely someone must have raised you! You can't just popped into existence!" He appears pensive for a moment. "...I guess it would be possible if you were some kind of magical construct, but still..."

"Surely someone must have raised you! You can't just popped into existence!" He appears pensive for a moment. "...I guess it would be possible if you were some kind of magical construct, but still..."

For a while, the Sage grows quite still, seemingly lost in thought. The dark shadows cast by the Hearth seem to gather, to intensify, and absently one of the creature's seemingly awkward talons gently caresses a small silvery wink of a medallion almost lost in the voluminous folds of the great patchwork cloak. "It iss true. No parent raissed me. I have memory of much time on my own, but it becomes ever more hazy, and I find myself amazed by the contemplation. To be sure, I have met kind souls along the way that have helped me, and taught me, but..." The hood shakes a little, and the claw lowers back into the folds of the robe, the Sage seeming to return to the present. "Many reptilian creatures fend for themselvess, almost at birth. I for one, am not too ssurprised, though being created like a consstruct is not out of the realm of possibility... an unchained eidolon, or a misbegotten experiment..."

"Pray, tell me- that iss, if the memory doesn't bring you pain- what wass it like, to be raised among Spiderkin?"

Godric got up and walked over to Jack and walked around him in a wide circle, eyeing his armor. "What odd armor you have. Metal, yet light enough to move around in with little trouble, it seems. Well crafted too."

He turned to Nadalia at the table and waved her over. "Come take a look at this! It's finer than most armor's I've seen in my life!"
Jack, "Ah, yeah...this is alot of custom work, actually. This is powerarmor. It's heavy, but it helps me move itself almost with my movements. It's a bit complicated."

Despite that Nadalia wasn't really the type of person to stare at people without a given reason, say ... if they wronged her and death was inevitable for that individual, she was quite curious about this 'powerarmor'. A rather straight forward name, but by the looks of it, there was definitely something that made it appear powerful.

Getting out of her seat, Nadalia causally strolled towards Jack and began to inspect his armor. Not so much by touching it, but examining the surface and wondering about the material itself. ".. Clearly this is not meant for show. No wise warrior would ever weigh themselves down with such immobility, and although thou has spoken about the armor being alive ... thee cannot see the benefits that one would come to expect." Although it sounded like Nadalia was clueless, it was quite the opposite, for the Iron Queen suspected that if the armor could mimic the wielder's movements, it was also able to provide the proper reactionary defenses when a threat was present. Not to mention if the wielder could, say, punch at the normal speed of an average person, if the armor was to mimic that speed as well- the force applied would be quite sincere.

This wasn't even including the interior of the armor, and if it held weaponry or devices that didn't cross her mind. "The craftsmanship shows, warrior of metal. Do enlighten us further about this 'powerarmor' you have before us."

While the conversation held at the bar continued, a form began to fade into existence in the far corner of the room. To examine them in more detail, they sat in a meditative pose, legs crossed and eyes closed. They were garbed in a navy blue martial artist's gi, with two dark, blood red sashes slung over her shoulders, crossing their torso down to their hips, where they were fastened to the rest of her outfit by silver rings, then wrapped behind them over to the opposite shoulder again. Even at rest, so it seemed, they lay a spear a few inches longer than they would be tall at full height across their lap. It looked like a brutal device. Instead of a pointed, sharp end, the business end of their spear held a wide, curved blade. The back of the blade was smooth, but from the base of it extended a thick metal hook which extended straight back and away from the blade, then curved to create a gap along it's length. Their long, onyx black hair was tied into a ponytail reaching about to their shoulder blades.

They awoke from their trance with quite a start, gasping and leaping to their feet. The air around them carried a dull chill, if but for a few moments. Evidently the interior of the pub was far, far warmer than wherever she had suddenly transitioned from, and the sudden and great shift in temperature was likely to blame for her surprise.

Looking around, she rubbed her eyes to ensure she was not hallucinating. Seeing her surroundings as a sort of tavern, and a group of people engaged in conversation at the bar, she did what was logical, and cautiously approached them to ask:

"Pardon me, I sseem to be a bit los-" she began to inquire, at least until she was stopped in her approach by nearly stepping on the Serpent Sage's tail, at which point she stepped back and shivered from tension like no amount of cold would bring, not taking her eyes off of the Sage for even a moment.

".. l-lost... where... where am I, exactly?" she managed to stammer out, hardly moving an inch, save for the noticeable tremor all throughout her spine

"Pardon me, I sseem to be a bit los-" she began to inquire, at least until she was stopped in her approach by nearly stepping on the Serpent Sage's tail, at which point she stepped back and shivered from tension like no amount of cold would bring, not taking her eyes off of the Sage for even a moment.

".. l-lost... where... where am I, exactly?" she managed to stammer out, hardly moving an inch, save for the noticeable tremor all throughout her spine...

The gaunt spectre of the Sage shifts slowly around to observe the sibilant newcomer. "Why, you have arrived in the spatial anomaly called 'The Pub'. You..."

Trailing off upon turning fully to take in the newcomer's presence, the Sage seems suddenly nonplussed at the apparent fear expressed by her body language. The enormous umber tail whispers across the floor as it compresses into a tight coil in the darkness under the cloak.

"You seem to be more than losst, traveler. Sit, I plead, and join in counsel and converse betwixt the good Fae Enadar and my self," gesturing with a talon to a seat at the table. "There is no malice here.. at leasst not yet, at any rate, and not, from me," it's voice seemingly filled with genuine concern.

"Pray, tell me- that iss, if the memory doesn't bring you pain- what wass it like, to be raised among Spiderkin?"

"Why would it cause me..." Enadar waves off the idea.

He takes another long drink of his ale, draining the glass. "Hey, can I get another one of these?" he calls to the bartender, holding up the empty glass.

The elf contemplates his empty glass for a few moments before finally responding. "I mean what's there to say? Mother fretted over me, Kiqudda and I teased and competed with each other. Can't say I was ever really close to Dad, but he did right by me, just always felt a bit distant..."

Enadar looks to the ceiling as he thinks; his eyes idly following Mina, who had started chasing a few stray bugs in the rafters. "It's difficult to compare to what I've seen in 'proper' cities. There are so many small differences. Nowhere near as many people, a lot more trees... Imagine...two or three cabins in the middle of the forest. Probably a dozen people living there at any given time? Only those cabins as much webbing as wood. Lots of knick-knacks, lots of scrolls, not a lot of 'real' furniture. Did I mention that these 'cabins' were in trees? Probably a good...I don't know, 3 or 4 meters up? Kiqudda used to tease me mercilessly about climbing home until-" Enadar smiles ruefully, pensively rubbing his forearm and flexing his hand. "Well in hindsight, the middle of a storm probably wasn't the best time to try and prove I could climb without her help."

"I suppose the other big difference was the magic. I can't tell you how weird it was to learn that not everyone in a human town could cast. Not that I was too much better before Mina found me." On cue, the bat lands on his shoulder and Enadar pets her head affectionately.

"You seem to be more than losst, traveler. Sit, I plead, and join in counsel and converse betwixt the good Fae Enadar and my self," gesturing with a talon to a seat at the table. "There is no malice here.. at leasst not yet, at any rate, and not, from me," it's voice seemingly filled with genuine concern.

"Hmm?" The elf glances over and cheerfully waves to the new arrival.

Suddenly the door swung open again, in came in an orc with an impressively long sword. He noticed that there were a lot of humans. "So this is an Alliance base..." he thought to himself as he pulled out his sword. "Listen up alliance, you thought you were really clever planting a secret base near Orgrimmar but Unfortunately you couldn't escape my eyes, I will give you a chance to retreat if you don't then this will get violent."

"Hmm?" The elf glances over and cheerfully waves to the new arrival.

"Sss... the Aranea of your world are a much different breed, then. From the worldss I have visited, they oft are forced to dwell in cavernss, and are seen as the dread enemiess of the Dark Elves, who find them to be a failure in the many eyes of their domineering and evil Spider Goddess. Certainly, Spiderkin are a highly magical race," the Sage waved distractedly as it raised a fluted, tall glass containing a fuming, chromatic elixr to the dark folds of the hood, and, having quaffed a third, placed the glass down, where the table beneath began to instantly sprout a mossy green lichen..."But oft dire, and mirthless they be. 'Tis said that they are a purer remnant of an old people called the 'Nul', whose empire once sspanned the starss, and held dominion over many a race and creed from the ancient timess. Now, th-"

The Sage's hood shifts up, alert to the sound of a door heartily thrown open, and tracks the arrival of a green-skinned orc wielding a large sword, which is of a sudden brandished.
"Listen up alliance, you thought you were really clever planting a secret base near Orgrimmar but Unfortunately you couldn't escape my eyes, I will give you a chance to retreat if you don't then this will get violent."
Quietly, the spectre that is the Sage draws somehow deeper into the shadows, the great timbre of a tail coiling and roiling in upon itself. At a whisper, largely to the table: "Caution, fellow travelerss, for this hardened soul before uss knows a quarrel, and has tied us to a part in it, from which sswiftly we must untangle..."

Trailing off upon turning fully to take in the newcomer's presence, the Sage seems suddenly nonplussed at the apparent fear expressed by her body language. The enormous umber tail whispers across the floor as it compresses into a tight coil in the darkness under the cloak.

Godric stepped away from the power armor and walked up to the snake man he's decided to call Hissy, slapping him on the shoulder in a manner far too familiar for two people who had just met.

"Don't worry about ol' Hissy, here. He may look dangerous, and he probably is. But he's nice enough once you get past the... otherworldly exterior. Name's Godric, and if I might ask what is yours and..." His eyes dropped to the spade at the newcomer's feet. "What is the story behind your most interesting weapon?"

Godric stepped away from the power armor and walked up to the snake man he's decided to call Hissy, slapping him on the shoulder in a manner far too familiar for two people who had just met. There is a blast of air, and a static snapping sound, and Godric's hand flies back from the Sage's shoulder as though struck! Still, unfazed and grinning (though flexing his fingers and shaking his hand, once), Godric nonetheless confides happily to the monk maiden:

"Don't worry about ol' Hissy, here. He may look dangerous, and he probably is. But he's nice enough once you get past the... otherworldly exterior. Name's Godric, and if I might ask what is yours and..." His eyes dropped to the spade at the newcomer's feet. "What is the story behind your most interesting weapon?"

"Oh my... I musst apologize, fellow traveler. Where I come from, thosse that wield sorcerous energies and truck with the otherworldly musst drape and slather themselvess in layers of fortifying enchantments. When the Barkeep returns, I shall cover your next drink. Or... perhapss you would like to ssample, some of what I am imbibing?" And the gaunt, robed shape gestures to the tall, fuming glass before it, that is now wreathed in soft green mosses still springing from the table, where some wayward drops of it's contents had fallen at the base...

"Listen up alliance, you thought you were really clever planting a secret base near Orgrimmar but Unfortunately you couldn't escape my eyes, I will give you a chance to retreat if you don't then this will get violent."

"Caution, fellow travelerss, for this hardened soul before uss knows a quarrel, and has tied us to a part in it, from which sswiftly we must untangle..."

Enadar pokes his head around the Serpent Sage, his curiosity about the newcomer outweighing his caution. This...was not good. Unsurprisingly, sharp and pointy things pointed at him tended to make him nervous. Still...he had a few tricks up his sleeve. He exchanged a worried glance with his bat and tentatively stood up. Cayden Cailean help him...he needed the help...or at least a few more ales.

"Um...what? Alliance of what?" Enadar slowly raises his bare hands. What was he even thinking? He'd probably need Sheyln's blessing to pull this one off. Mina remained resolutely perched on his shoulder, seemingly unwilling to leave him. He could tell that she was as nervous as he was though. "Listen, we're just here for some drinks. That's all. And I'd really rather not fight you. I rather like living. So could you, you know - Madnocm-" he makes a strange gesture with his left hand which quickly transitions to indicating the doorway "Leave?

Sarenrae, please let this work, he thought to himself.

"Caution, fellow travelerss, for this hardened soul before uss knows a quarrel, and has tied us to a part in it, from which sswiftly we must untangle..."

Ugolik looked at the snake man in surprise. What on earth is a naga doing here? do you Alliance Really hate us enough to work with them? Unless this is some kind zandalari magic?

His eyes dropped to the spade at the newcomer's feet. "What is the story behind your most interesting weapon?"

"I took it as a trophy from my first battle, When I slayed an old God! he bragged. "I hope that convinces you all to make the right decision.

"Um...what? Alliance of what?" Enadar slowly raises his bare hands. What was he even thinking? He'd probably need Sheyln's blessing to pull this one off. Mina remained resolutely perched on his shoulder, seemingly unwilling to leave him. He could tell that she was as nervous as he was though. "Listen, we're just here for some drinks. That's all. And I'd really rather not fight you. I rather like living. So could you, you know - Madnocm-" he makes a strange gesture with his left hand which quickly transitions to indicating the doorway "Leave?

Sarenrae, please let this work, he thought to himself.

"..." Ugolik stood there for a few seconds before continuing "You try to make me run away high elf" He said strangely with curiosity. "If you wanted to keep this base a secret why would you allow me to get away?" He said as he slowly moved closer. "What is this place?"

Lasiel watched the exchange of words between strangers and thought of a few things. The "Aranea" that the serpent sage mentioned reminded her of the Driders in her home of the Underdark, but that they were opposed to the "Dark Elves" completely clashed with that comparison. On the other hand, it seems that the slithering hellion legless abomination "Serpent Sage" was on speaking terms with a high elf, which spoke to his character... somewhat. She had just started to relax when an orc burst through the door.

"Oh by Sseth could you calm yoursself? I panicked when I arrived but I have yet to draw my sspear." she hissed, sticking her tongue out at the orc, thus drawing attention to her face, which she otherwise took a small effort to conceal by not making eye contact. Her eyes had a golden yellow iris, split by vertical pupils, she had emerald green scales on her cheeks, and the aforementioned extended tongue was black and forked.

"Truth be told I still don't fully understand where we are, but I should assume it safe to ssay that you've no quarrel with those here."

She then took the time to take a deep breath, compose herself, and answer Godric's query.

"This is Justine" she says, hefting the 6 foot naginata, made of Mithril "I'd much rather not tell you the full sstory... it... sstill disturbs me." She says, casting the serpent sage a glance. "Ssuffice yourself with the explanation that I broke my shackles, and took vengeance on my tormentors with Jusstine at my side." she says, obviously feeling a deep attachment to the weapon.

"Oh... but I forget mysself. You may call me Lasiel, if you were wondering." she says, finally remembering her manners and introducing herself.

"Oh... but I forget mysself. You may call me Lasiel, if you were wondering." she says, finally remembering her manners and introducing herself.

"You took the name of Sseth, she who is known as Lasiel... then, the markingss on your face are thosse of one of the Ssnakeblooded. Now I understand why you tremble so, at the presence of one such as... Enadar. The Fae have been in bitter conflict with the Vrael Olo ssince before the TearFall. Here, I shall beckon the Barkeep, and avail yourself of a libation whilst you have a sseat."

Returning to it's drink, the sombre, towering spectre sips."Sso many weaponss... truly, a gathering of the mighty, in spirit, if not in blade."

A woman in black had now approached Jack with a certain interest in his suit. Like Godric, she clearly did not belong to his era, perhaps not even his world. He couldn't really tell by her appearance, as much as she could not know where he was from by his appearance. In this place, anything could happen. The woman was, however, rather perceptive and keen on detail. She seemed to know her stuff, in reference to her own world, at least. At any rate, she asked him o expand on the nature of his powersuit.

"Well...I can give it a try. Powersuits operate by having machinery built right inside of it move the suit around when I move inside of it. When it senses that I want to do something, it copies me so we're working as one. It does so by having its own on-board power source to basically give it the life it needs to do these things. When armor and man work as one, they're much stronger than they were separately, so for instance, I punch alot harder than anyone in armor without power. Does uhh...that help at all?"

"You took the name of Sseth, she who is known as Lasiel... then, the markingss on your face are thosse of one of the Ssnakeblooded. Now I understand why you tremble so, at the presence of one such as... Enadar. The Fae have been in bitter conflict with the Vrael Olo ssince before the TearFall. Here, I shall beckon the Barkeep, and avail yourself of a libation whilst you have a sseat."

Returning to it's drink, the sombre, towering spectre sips."Sso many weaponss... truly, a gathering of the mighty, in spirit, if not in blade."

"..." Lasiel was at a loss for words, again. The damned snake knew of Yuan-ti culture, so it seemed. Even as she sweated bullets trying to hold her tongue lest it lash out at someone she wouldn't have the guts to challenge if provoked, her grip on "Justine" visibly tensed.

"I'm no coward... he doesn't scare me in the leasst." she said, pausing to wave to the barkeep and ask "Nothing alcoholic, if you would. I thirsst, but wining does not ssuit me." she said, before turning back to the serpent sage. Trying to choose her words carefully, as to not let him in on the thorough disturbance he poses on her psyche. "... It is rather that I have sspent a long time in the company of others, far removed from my own culture, and ssought not to offend you."

Though she did also decide to elaborate a little further on Godric's inquiry. really, any distraction from her "kin" were most, most welcome. "Oh... and, if you meant more along what Justine is, she's a "naginata." Her blade is wide and curved, sso that she can rend flesh and parry blows in equal meassure. The hook behind her blade is to catch larger blades in their sswing and wrestle them from an assailant's grassp. All in all, she's about ssix feet long, which makes it a difficult tassk for an opponent to best my reach."

Clearly, she's very, very close to her spear. But her... enthusiasm aside, she looks at Godric's "dagger" and inquires "and what of your blade? I've rarely sseen a well kept blade shatter, but when they do, is it not wise to repair them?"

"..." Lasiel was at a loss for words, again. The damned snake knew of Yuan-ti culture, so it seemed. Even as she sweated bullets trying to hold her tongue lest it lash out at someone she wouldn't have the guts to challenge if provoked, her grip on "Justine" visibly tensed.

"I'm no coward... he doesn't scare me in the leasst." she said, pausing to wave to the barkeep and ask "Nothing alcoholic, if you would. I thirsst, but wining does not ssuit me." she said, before turning back to the serpent sage. Trying to choose her words carefully, as to not let him in on the thorough disturbance he poses on her psyche. "... It is rather that I have sspent a long time in the company of others, far removed from my own culture, and ssought not to offend you."

"And I for my part meant not to sspark ire with you, freewoman. My feint, as regardss the Fae and my fellow Enadar here, was to attempt to assure you that I, whomever you think I am, am no menace to thee."

"And I for my part meant not to sspark ire with you, freewoman. My feint, as regardss the Fae and my fellow Enadar here, was to attempt to assure you that I, whomever you think I am, am no menace to thee."

"I- I see..." She said, casting her face down in shame. She should have figured that her distress was too obvious to slip the reason past him.

With a sigh, she explains "Forgive me if I don't take you're word for it, having jusst met you. Though... thank you for at leasst taking it into conssideration. Not a lot of abominations would even exchange words with me, much less worry of my comfort." she huffs, easing her stance if just a little.

"... Which does make me curiouss, I admit. Why do you even bother giving a pureblood like mysself the time of day?"

"I- I see..." She said, casting her face down in shame. She should have figured that her distress was too obvious to slip the reason past him.

With a sigh, she explains "Forgive me if I don't take you're word for it, having jusst met you. Though... thank you for at leasst taking it into conssideration. Not a lot of abominations would even exchange words with me, much less worry of my comfort." she huffs, easing her stance if just a little.

"... Which does make me curiouss, I admit. Why do you even bother giving a pureblood like mysself the time of day?"

"Aaah, now, we come to it," And the looming, hooded form of the Sage seems to bear full attention on Lasiel, as it gently places the glass back down on the table. "I had my ssuspicions, but needed you to clarify to me to be sure. I have traveled with the Vrael Olo in the past. I have also clashed with their machinations as well. You have no need to feel as you do, towards me, brave freewoman. For you see, I am not of your blood. Though definitely reptilian, I am no Yuan-Ti."

"Aaah, now, we come to it," And the looming, hooded form of the Sage seems to bear full attention on Lasiel, as it gently places the glass back down on the table. "I had my ssuspicions, but needed you to clarify to me to be sure. I have traveled with the Vrael Olo in the past. I have also clashed with their machinations as well. You have no need to feel as you do, towards me, brave freewoman. For you see, I am not of your blood. Though definitely reptilian, I am no Yuan-Ti."

"I... I see." she stammered, sighing and at last feeling at ease. She thought, for a moment, to mention that such wasn't the entire problem, but there's little point in maintaining such a cold stance when it's clear your ire is not in kind.

"... That's a relief. Ssee, I might as well put it bluntly here, I used to be a slave in my- for lack of a better word "home." I... bear no love for my kin, as I'm ssure goes without ssaying at this point." She says, further elaborating "I was afraid your familiarity with our culture meant you might have known me. I... caused a bit of a sstir while "on my way out the door," so to sspeak. It was a long time ago though. Nonetheless, I ssuppose my fear of being dragged back kicking and sscreaming was missplaced." she says, scratching the back of her neck and wincing in embarrassment.

"Oh by Sseth could you calm yoursself? I panicked when I arrived but I have yet to draw my sspear." she hissed, sticking her tongue out at the orc, thus drawing attention to her face, which she otherwise took a small effort to conceal by not making eye contact. Her eyes had a golden yellow iris, split by vertical pupils, she had emerald green scales on her cheeks, and the aforementioned extended tongue was black and forked.

"Truth be told I still don't fully understand where we are, but I should assume it safe to ssay that you've no quarrel with those here."

Ugolik just stood there listening to them talk, "Why do you people use so many God damn S's." He yelled out to both of them. "Also if this isn't an alliance base than what is it? He then turned over to fallout Jack. "Also nice shoulder pads, how much raiding did you have to do before you got the full set."

"I... I see." she stammered, sighing and at last feeling at ease. She thought, for a moment, to mention that such wasn't the entire problem, but there's little point in maintaining such a cold stance when it's clear your ire is not in kind.

"... That's a relief. Ssee, I might as well put it bluntly here, I used to be a slave in my- for lack of a better word "home." I... bear no love for my kin, as I'm ssure goes without ssaying at this point." She says, further elaborating "I was afraid your familiarity with our culture meant you might have known me. I... caused a bit of a sstir while "on my way out the door," so to sspeak. It was a long time ago though. Nonetheless, I ssuppose my fear of being dragged back kicking and sscreaming was missplaced." she says, scratching the back of her neck and wincing in embarrassment.

"You are wise to be cautiouss. I have watched Anathema pull kingdoms to ruin, and Ha-Nagas have commanded me to drop to one knee in obeisance. Their slave armies have engulfed many a race and land. But for all that, sso have I watched the abominable commited by the Drow, the Beholder, the Fae, humankind... to the point, it iss caution what guardss you. As it guardss me- forgive the rudeness of keeping my visage veiled, but those that would see my face in full would court ruin. It can be a lonely life, as ssuch..."

"But enough! It is the time for less guarded conversation, and to take merriment as and when we can. Aah, and here iss your drink... perfectly timed," As the Bartender approaches and places a tray gently to the table, his smile tentative, and warring with something ill concealed...

"..." Ugolik stood there for a few seconds before continuing "You try to make me run away high elf" He said strangely with curiosity. "If you wanted to keep this base a secret why would you allow me to get away?" He said as he slowly moved closer. "What is this place?"

Enadar laughs uncertainly and shrugs. "Tavern? Pub? Friend here called it a 'spatial anomaly.'" He thinks for a moment "Gotta be some kind of plane or demiplane, no way it could have fit in that shed if it wasn't. But why would there be a portal there? No signs of use but- YIPE!" Mina's nip to his neck quickly breaks his reverie. He spares the bat an annoyed glance which she seems to return.

"Eheh. Anyway, it's a mystery. So...could you put the sword away?" He smiles weakly I'll buy you a drink?" This earns him another stare from the bat, which in turn earns her an exasperated look from him.

Enadar laughs uncertainly and shrugs. "Tavern? Pub? Friend here called it a 'spatial anomaly.'" He thinks for a moment "Gotta be some kind of plane or demiplane, no way it could have fit in that shed if it wasn't. But why would there be a portal there? No signs of use but- YIPE!" Mina's nip to his neck quickly breaks his reverie. He spares the bat an annoyed glance which she seems to return.

"Eheh. Anyway, it's a mystery. So...could you put the sword away?" He smiles weakly I'll buy you a drink?" This earns him another stare from the bat, which in turn earns her an exasperated look from him.

"...Alright..." Ugolik Said as he put away his sword and started to walk to the table. "But if this is a trick this sword is going up someone's ass, got it?"

"But enough! It is the time for less guarded conversation, and to take merriment as and when we can. Aah, and here iss your drink... perfectly timed," As the Bartender approaches and places a tray gently to the table, his smile tentative, and warring with something ill concealed...

"I suppose. To be honest awakening from my meditation in ssuch a place... making peace with another sserpent like yoursself? Sstranger things have already happened, and recently." she laughs, taking a drink from the tray, raises it in toast, and tips it back.

Though, what went into her mouth soon exits it as she hears the orc's rebuttal to Enadar.

"...Alright..." Ugolik Said as he put away his sword and started to walk to the table. "But if this is a trick this sword is going up someone's ass, got it?"

"... Can't say I haven't done worse to an enemy or two, I have killed before. But that ssounds dreadful. Conssider your message heard, sstranger." she says, wiping her mouth from the spit take. "Oh, and if you're going to accept a drink from ssomeone, you might as well introduce yourself. It's kind of rude not to" she teases the orc, not knowing or not caring exactly how notorious orcish tempers were.

"Got it." Enadar gestures to the table. "So...what were you drinking then?"

"... Can't say I haven't done worse to an enemy or two, I have killed before. But that ssounds dreadful. Conssider your message heard, sstranger." she says, wiping her mouth from the spit take. "Oh, and if you're going to accept a drink from ssomeone, you might as well introduce yourself. It's kind of rude not to" she teases the orc, not knowing or not caring exactly how notorious orcish tempers were.

"Ugolik, One of the champions of the Mighty Horde! slayer of Old Gods, Black Dragons, and The Burning Legion!" He said as he sat down at the table.

"Got it." Enadar gestures to the table. "So...what were you drinking then?"

"MILK! The manliest drink!" he yelled as he banged his fist on the counter.

"MILK! The manliest drink!" he yelled as he banged his fist on the counter.

At that, the hooded shadow of the Sage of a sudden rises, as darkness brings to focus it's angry voice raised. "No. That will not do, Ugolik. Not here. Not when you can partake of that which has flowed through your kin's veins for decades uncounted in other worlds. Tis said that the goblins first made it, but that they were naturally bullied to do so by the Orcs. I thought I'd never assk for this again in waking life, and yet... BARKEEP!"

The good man strolls over, his smile just ever-so forced.

"Bring this Ork some Thudrud."

A vast shaped moved at the pub's physics-defying doorway. Someone - something - pushed it open with a massive three-fingered hand, the rest of its armoured, sinuous bulk now brought to a stoop to fit through the frame. With heavy footfalls an Elite, an Arbiter in fact, stepped into the pub.

His sepentine, quad-jawed head twisted to and fro, amber eyes appraising this new and... Distinctly heretical place. The Arbiter noted many humans, along with some creatures unknown to him even from his comprehensive education on Sangheilios. Though he was certain that most were surely heretics, none were ostentatiably UNSC. Some were even carrying swords, which any marine would be too cowardly to wield. He elected to ignore them for now.
Brushing a hand past his own inactive energy sword hilt, to be sure that it was still there, the Arbiter approached the bar. The barstools were miniscule, so instead of attempting to perch himself on one like a grunt attempting to piggyback on another of his snivelling race, he picked the stool up in one hand and moved it aside, giving himself room to lean in on the polished surface.

Suddenly everyone in the bar who knew that name turned towards the two. Even the bartender seemed surprised at the order.

For his part, Enadar winces at the additional drink order and reflexively touches his coin purse. "Just...get him one of each."

"As you wish, sir." With only some small hesitation, the Bartender makes and makes his way back behind the counter where he pulls out a bottle of milk, a steel keg, and a wooden cask from which he begins to pour the drinks.

The elf takes his seat again, still noticeably more tense than before. "So...you mentioned something about 'Old Gods'? How'd you pull that off? Even the gods themselves couldn't kill Rovagug."

At that, the hooded shadow of the Sage of a sudden rises, as darkness brings to focus it's angry voice raised. "No. That will not do, Ugolik. Not here. Not when you can partake of that which has flowed through your kin's veins for decades uncounted in other worlds. Tis said that the goblins first made it, but that they were naturally bullied to do so by the Orcs. I thought I'd never assk for this again in waking life, and yet... BARKEEP!"

Suddenly everyone in the bar Who knew with that name Turned towards the two. The bartenders jaw dropped. "Are you for real? that's madness!

"...I guess so" Ugolik said Generally curious what was going on.

The bartender just stood silent Before turning around bring the drink.

The drink was brought about by four heavily armored men using a poll like Device to keep it as far away from them as possible. A large amount of the bar patrons ran as far away from the drink is possible. The drink was put on the table before the guards ran For their lives.

The drink odor smelled like it came from hell and it seemed to be chanting like it was an old God as it oozed like Toxic waste. Ugolik looked at the drink for second before replying "Where is that music coming from?

Because of what was going on no one noticed the alien walking in.

edited in:

The elf takes his seat again, still noticeably more tense than before. "So...you mentioned something about 'Old Gods'? How'd you pull that off? Even the gods themselves couldn't kill Rovagug."

Ugolik Turning away from his drink simply responded."Willpower."

The door opened, and through it walked a man with long brown hair. He was wearing a fancy, multicoloured robe. He had a long, thin sword strapped to his waist, and deep blue eyes.

Hoid walked up to the bar, noticed the whole procession, and said,

"Bartender, give me some of what he's having."

The Bartender looked him in the eyes, grunted, and poured the same foul liquid into his mug. The man took it, fetching a few vials of metal powders from within his robe and dropping the contents into the mug, then swallowing it all.

He blinked twice.

"Really? That's what all this fuss is about? Oh, nevermind." He rolled his eyes and walked towards the nearest table. From the confines of his robe, he fetched three little cups and a golden coin, and proclaimed,

"Is anyone up for a little game of luck and skill?"

Suddenly everyone in the bar Who knew with that name Turned towards the two. The bartenders jaw dropped. "Are you for real? that's madness!

"...I guess so" Ugolik said Generally curious what was going on.

The bartender just stood silent Before turning around bring the drink.

The drink was brought about by four heavily armored men using a poll like Device to keep it as far away from them as possible. A large amount of the bar patrons ran as far away from the drink is possible. The drink was put on the table before the guards ran For their lives.

The drink odor smelled like it came from hell and it seemed to be chanting like it was an old God as it oozed like Toxic waste. Ugolik looked at the drink for second before replying "Where is that music coming from?

Because of what was going on no one noticed the alien walking in.

edited in:

Ugolik Turning away from his drink simply responded."Willpower."

Godric's ears perked up. "Old Gods?" He popped up next to Hissy and placed his hands under his head. "I was not told of Old Gods. This sounds like an opportunity for my order." He waved for Hissy to continue.

A metal boot entered the bar with a heavy thud. Followed by it was the rest of the body covered head to toe in body armour with a helmet with a strange antenna on top it's head with a large sci-fi rifle, and golden jeweled hilt on them. The thing's voice came out in a heavy metallic growl from it's helmet not distinctly male or female. "Hello, the name is... ADMIRAL! BLOOD! EDGE!"
Immediately afterwards a man in a leather jacket action rolled into the room with a "And I'm Th-JESUS FUCKING CHRIST! MY SHOULDER!"
Admiral Bloodedge. Picked up the man like a mother would a small child that just got injured. "It's okay buddy, there's always next time. You can't get it every time."
The man sniveled as he was picked up. "You're right, homie. I just wanted to make an impression for my first meeting." the man rested his head against Bloodedge's chest.
The armoured bounty hunter took off her helmet revealing the rosy cheeked woman underneath it. "Yeah, I know you did. But, uh..." The woman pointed over to the rest of the bar.
Comet looked really, really concerned for a second before putting a dumb grin on his face. "None of you saw that... You wanna know, it's cause I'm cool, daddio! I'm with it! The coolest guy in existence! I'll drink any of you crunk cats under the table just to prove it too!" The man puffed up his collar before he continued. "The name is The Cosmic Comet. I defeated communism in The New True Korean Republic. Or as us UAKians call it 'Smol Korea'. Please no applause. Autographs are ten credits!"
Bloodedge high-fived Comet. "Yeah! I remember that! You should have seen it! I ran right on top of a tank with my sword, and punched Kim-Jun-Ill-Son The Second! And then I was all like 'WOLVERINES!'"
A twiddling of fingers, and guitar noises out of Bill, and Ted were had between the two. "Yeah boi!! And we even had that Groovy Presidental Band to back us up! And they were all like MEEDLY! MEEDLY! WOW! EXPLOSIONS! MEEDLY! WOW!" The two both laughed at each other before they ordered a drink. "Give us the most American drinks in the house, barkeep!"
The two were given a bottle with a bald eagle on the front, and an American flag on the back. The two seemed to totally forget about any embarrassment that they had.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here