Zero Punctuation: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

US Crash Fire:
i wonder if he would like Ace Combat 6 better?

Me too. HAWX is a good game but AC6 is awesome

I played the demo for this and I didnt like it at all, I didnt like Ace Combat either, I guess flight games are not really my thing.

The review was decent but I didnt get any real luagths out of this one, maybe a giggle or two, but I dont really think its Bens fualt to be honest, we havent had that many decent games out to review in the last couple months, he could have done Godfather 2 thats a fail at the moment lol.

'Rosebud was the sled' haha, love how he decided to go and spoil heaps of movies despite saying that the music was where the spoilers end.

Spyalt:

alf1985:

Spyalt:
That was simply not funny in the slightest.

I guess we will all have to go watch your exremely popular and award winning videos. Oh yeah, you don't have any. Where in the hell do all of you insulting dumbasses come up with the idea that just because you have rights to free speech that you're smart enough to utilize them? For that matter, who the hell wants to read shit like that. Ooh, you have an opinion. Big damn deal. You are only showing an amount of ignorance by stating anything of the like. I'm not sure you are an idiot, but by this post the only reasonable conclusion on my part is that you are one. No hard feelings, but just keep your stupidity to yourself and quit pissing me off!

One. How is being good at something a requirement to critize others work on it? Its not.
Two. Your post is full of insults and swears and you accuse my post of being full of shit. Ha
Three. I'm anything but an idiot and judging by the maturity of your post I am far older and more intellligent than you.
Finally. If my post pisses you off that much then do not read it. Its that simple.

Oh and that noise you're hearing right now is the sound of you getting served.

Leave it, its a fanboy, you get so many sheep in the comments section that simply take yahtzee's word as gospel.

I like yahtzee and I love his reviews but I can see that this one simply wasnt that funny, not as funny as his earlier ones in fact the new batch as been lacking the lauths, but as ive said already in another comment, there really hasnt been that many games to make fun off in a while, the problem is that we only really like it when he's making fun of the games, there alot less funny when he praises them.

Spyalt:

sebar nl:

Spyalt:

next time try watching it with the volume ON!

Yahtzee is a big boy now. He doesn't need you fanboys to defend him anymore.

mmmh guess that's true

Wow, did not expect this review to be positive at all. The bit about hiding enough weapons to attack America was hilarious.

Very interesting review. Stupid private contractors at it again, its all about the money with those filthy pigs.

ravensshade:
planet of the apes

Hemothorax:
Loved the spoilers at the end, but what does 'it was Earth all along' refer to?

Anyway, great review, I probably will like the game... but I'll pass anyway :)

planet of the apes

the she has a willy(penis) reference i didn't catch

"the girl has a willy", is a reference to The Crying Game, a brilliant film where its revealed at one point that the beautiful female love interest is in fact a guy, the main character still sleeps with him/her later though.

A good review I though. I loved the rife on the Americans silly overblown war games.

dude that Yahtzee now his stuff but the game reviews could be about better games than hawks this game look like crap.

.......wearing silly hats!

I've got to work that into casual conversation!

america sucks.

Sovvolf:

Spyalt:

alf1985:

Spyalt:

I guess we will all have to go watch your exremely popular and award winning videos. Oh yeah, you don't have any. Where in the hell do all of you insulting dumbasses come up with the idea that just because you have rights to free speech that you're smart enough to utilize them? For that matter, who the hell wants to read shit like that. Ooh, you have an opinion. Big damn deal. You are only showing an amount of ignorance by stating anything of the like. I'm not sure you are an idiot, but by this post the only reasonable conclusion on my part is that you are one. No hard feelings, but just keep your stupidity to yourself and quit pissing me off!

One. How is being good at something a requirement to critize others work on it? Its not.
Two. Your post is full of insults and swears and you accuse my post of being full of shit. Ha
Three. I'm anything but an idiot and judging by the maturity of your post I am far older and more intellligent than you.
Finally. If my post pisses you off that much then do not read it. Its that simple.

Oh and that noise you're hearing right now is the sound of you getting served.

Leave it, its a fanboy, you get so many sheep in the comments section that simply take yahtzee's word as gospel.

I like yahtzee and I love his reviews but I can see that this one simply wasnt that funny, not as funny as his earlier ones in fact the new batch as been lacking the lauths, but as ive said already in another comment, there really hasnt been that many games to make fun off in a while, the problem is that we only really like it when he's making fun of the games, there alot less funny when he praises them.

But its fun to crush them in an argument.

NOOOOO, Yahtzee just ruined all of those movies for me. Or he would have if I hadn't seen them all. Except for the crying game, that movie just sounds weird.

Really as he said it's just the correct timing when you enjoy a game

wow i was expecting this to get crap reviews and be branded an ace combat clone, maybe i should play it, even if most other tom Clancy games are crap

wow someone from another country likes america
and this was pretty funny

Zeno Clash please

I quite like this game too, but being a flightsim guy im easily won over by them.
Hilarious review tho! As always Yahtzee keep up the good work =)

Disgruntled insect people from the core of the Earth... be afraid

Heheh, funny as always, Yahtzee.

I especially liked the spoiler quotes at the end :] "Rosebud was the sled" got me good :]

I have to say the animations on this was the worst ever. Was nothing but 100% copy off what he was talking about. Usually it's more clever. Did someone else do them instead? If so get the other guy back!

Ok. That's all the reason I needed to not give a crap about this game. Flight sims and I have never really gotten along.

I loved all the movie spoilers at the end.

Very well played.

when ben said
with aliens that come from the earths core I thought a screamer was gunna happen LOL

Awesome gears of war reference at the end!

ace combat 04 owns every single light simulator game before or since. he should play that, i'm sure he could still find something to be pissed off at despite it being an amazing game ;)

"Hey Yahtzee, every tried the Ace Combat series?

It's essentially H.A.W.K.S with less generic planes...

...and more arsepulling storyline."

sfried:
"Hey Yahtzee, every tried the Ace Combat series?

It's essentially H.A.W.K.S with less generic planes...

...and more arsepulling storyline."

And superweapons. Can't forget those.

Does H.A.W.X also make you fly through a tunnel at the end too?

hey now, H.A.W.X like so many american games tend to stick too much in reality, but then again, realism is not that bad when the medium used is not being exploited like a bunch of rabbits trying to expand the family.

HAWX is a one of a kind game. At least give Ubi some credit for giving us civvies a decent game that doesn't involve hitting 20-30 random switch before taking off etc ... etc ...

Yahtzee likes air combat games? Well color me surprised.

Still, very good review. Not necessarily a game I would have looked at, but now it at least deserves a rental.

Ilike how the end of this review obviously referenced Gears of War at the end with the joke about timing. It took me back to the Phantom Hourglass review where he was suggesting a way for Nintendo to make better games and his description was just Okami, which is just a much better Zelda-type game. The part about America looking for another WWII like situation was funny, but he already did something very similar in...The Medal of Honor: Airborne review, I think.

Overall this was a good review but the laughs seemed a bit recycled. Also, I don't understand how he could spend so much time in the beginning of the review ranting about the simplicity and poor gameplay in the game and then at the end he just randomly says he likes it. Honestly I'm starting to seriously doubt if Yahtzee's opinion means anything at all.

A good one by Yahtzee I think; how bravely he endures another dose of bile-inducing patriotism.

Perhaps if you are shot down in H.A.W.X, as you plummet to the earth there should be the message of "press x to invoke special patriotism recovery". Gritting his teeth the pilot ejects adhesive American flags to cover up the holes and flaming fuselage, before letting out a pure masculine roar, pulling on the stick, and just narrowly saving himself from certain death.

This should be followed by a few minutes of the pilot humming the American national anthem while dog-fighting. He is invincible while doing so.

Auto-target?

"Attack" and "Defend"?

Sounds like bullshit. Try the Ace Combat series for good semi-realistic jet fighter games.

Warning: It's Japanese, so while there won't be any patriotism, there will be whining.

it's so hard to tell without a rating system how much he likes/dislikes the games he rants about...it's hardly fair to call yahtzee's work "a review"...it is great though...always makes me laugh...i just wish he would say more often how much he liked or disliked the game in comparison to other recent titles

Mr. Blond:
it's so hard to tell without a rating system how much he likes/dislikes the games he rants about...it's hardly fair to call yahtzee's work "a review"...it is great though...always makes me laugh...I just wish he would say more often how much he liked or disliked the game in comparison to other recent titles

Even though in one of his episodes he does say that ratings are crap and that you can't display an opinion in numbers or something to that affect.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here