Zero Punctuation: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

so he gives H.A.W.X. 4 out of 5 uncle sam shaped butt plugs...there are ways...besides he uses how much time giving his opinion and ranting anyways...give us something that we can compare to other games he's "reviewed" that we also liked

Fronzel:
Try the Ace Combat series for good semi-realistic jet fighter games.

Warning: It's Japanese, so while there won't be any patriotism, there will be whining.

For all my fanboy love for Ace Combat, I'll admit that's the best description I've ever read of it.

I didn't really like H.A.W.X all that much. I find that all the Ace Combat games rule this genre.

Howlingwolf214:
The thing I don't like about H.A.W.X is that it stands for High Altitiude Warfare eXperimental squadron. As acronyms go, that's pretty lame.

So HAWE would be more accurate, most likely pronounced as "whore".

Says everything I think.

I haven't played this game, but perhaps iŽll give it a try after this vid, i tend to like what Yahtzee likes anyway...

incidentally, I do own a zero punctuation t shirt.

Funny review. "... wearing silly hats" was hilarious to the extreme.

Oh man, autopiloting to Halls of the Mountain King, now that really takes me back.

I'm not surprised Yahtzee liked HAWX. I saw a video of the gameplay and realized that it was a pretty fun game on first blush. It doesn't take itself too seriously, and that's good from a gameplay perspective (something that, if Derick Smart ever figured out, he'd become an international game design superstar overnight).

greygelgoog:
Good review, but as Yahtzee said he doesn't play these types of games so there's nothing for him to compare it to. So if any of you have played both Ace Combat 6 and HAWX, and taking into account I already own Ace Combat, is HAWX worth my time? Is Ace Combat better? Is HAWX better? Or do they both have a unique charm and I should give HAWX a spin?

Good question, as H.A.W.X. has got more attention because of the Tom Clancy label.

HAWX does not compare to AC6 but it's not bad at all. The off-assist mode is an intriguing aspect. Also the controls are proper pitch, roll and yaw, which is a relief, as "novice" controls like those in Crimson Sky etc. drive me up the wall. (Make sure you switch them on in settings i.e. "expert"). So give it a go.

Having said that, in no way is HAWX the equal of AC6 in terms of graphics (plane models and landscape), handling (HAWX's is just not as realistic or responsive), music, sounds, story, playback theatre and especially re-playability. Trying to maximise your points in the vast AC6 missions requires careful planning, esp. on the harder modes, and e.g. "oh, the joy of discovering carpet bombing and the Air-Fuel Bomb" haha.

But yes, HAWX does have it's unique charm, it's defiantly worth playing. And it's great that it's managed to get more people into the fun of air-combat e.g. Yahtzee himself.

Btw, I can't agree with the dude who says that AC5 is better than AC6, I've played all the Ace Combat series and six is at least as good or even better. Now, if they would only do a sequel to Dropship... that would be fantastic.

Alstan:

US Crash Fire:
i wonder if he would like Ace Combat 6 better?

Me too. HAWX is a good game but AC6 is awesome

Double ditto.

funny stuff.
Glad Yahtz liked it. I still have to finish some adversarial stuff..
As flight sims go,it's about even with ACE Combat 6.
However,HAWX has Co-Op the entire campaign..

but no Gracemeria..

LMAO

EDIT:
really the best,most viral flight sim game has to be Zero Wing..

mike1921:

WellyPWNS:
What the hell first off all he makes Saints row 2 his game of the year last year now says tom clancy hawks is a good game don't think i can say any part of his review is serious any more

Saints row2 kicked ass.

wow u really do like bull shit dont you bet you also like this game

The games I always think Yahtzee are going to drown in Bile are always the ones he seems to enjoy. You are a snaeky one, Yahtzee.

iamq:
I knew it was going to be H.A.W.X!

I had Assault on Dark Athena pegged for the review...
*sigh* Maybe next week?

Was that the berlin wall falling on the guy in the tank?

WellyPWNS:

mike1921:

WellyPWNS:
What the hell first off all he makes Saints row 2 his game of the year last year now says tom clancy hawks is a good game don't think i can say any part of his review is serious any more

Saints row2 kicked ass.

Why is Saints Row 2 bullshit?

US Crash Fire:
i wonder if he would like Ace Combat 6 better?

Not a chance in hell. Dont get me wrong, I loves me my Ace Combat, but it's way too Japanese, especially for Yahtzee :)

mike1921:

WellyPWNS:

mike1921:

WellyPWNS:

Saints row2 kicked ass.

well lets see it repetitive almost the exact same as saint row 1 and has so many flaws its unbelievable if you can't understand its bull shit u obviously enjoy shit games

WellyPWNS:

mike1921:

WellyPWNS:

mike1921:

WellyPWNS:

Saints row2 kicked ass.

well lets see it repetitive almost the exact same as saint row 1 and has so many flaws its unbelievable if you can't understand its bull shit u obviously enjoy shit games

It doesn't feel repetitive for me, it's way less repetitive than say GTA4. I never played Saints Row 1, and the way you say "so many flaws it's unbelievable" leads me to believe for one you're nitpicking (since you said flaw, which means an imperfection) and for two your only argument is the repetitiveness(since you said that without really explaining).

Good Reiview but it would've been more informitive if he tried it with a flight stick.

He's toally right about the PMC attacking the US. The president of that PMC would've bat to be batsh*t crazy

mike1921:

WellyPWNS:

mike1921:

WellyPWNS:

mike1921:

WellyPWNS:

Saints row2 kicked ass.

It doesn't feel repetitive for me, it's way less repetitive than say GTA4. I never played Saints Row 1, and the way you say "so many flaws it's unbelievable" leads me to believe for one you're nitpicking (since you said flaw, which means an imperfection) and for two your only argument is the repetitiveness(since you said that without really explaining).

oh so you like gta 4 then (another weak game) also you haven't played saints row 1 so your opinion isn't valued and no mater what you say there gonna be allot more people who don't like the game rather than like it (and how the hell is that nit picking its like saying gears of war 2 wasn't ruined by the broken multiplayer)

WellyPWNS:

oh so you like gta 4 then (another weak game) also you haven't played saints row 1 so your opinion isn't valued and no mater what you say there gonna be allot more people who don't like the game rather than like it (and how the hell is that nit picking its like saying gears of war 2 wasn't ruined by the broken multiplayer)

No, it's just the only open world game I feel I could compare it to. I don't feel the word for it is weak though.
I don't care if you value my opinion you idiot, I don't give a damn what some imbecile who thinks games shouldn't be judged purely on their own merits instead of it's prequals or sequals thinks. Also, there's nothing that everyone likes.

I assumed you were nitpicking because of your choice of words, not because of your actual problems. "so many flaws it's unbelievable", a flaw is an imperfection, I'd imagine you'd use another word if you meant real problems.

mike1921:

WellyPWNS:

No, it's just the only open world game I feel I could compare it to. I don't feel the word for it is weak though.
I don't care if you value my opinion you idiot, I don't give a damn what some imbecile who thinks games shouldn't be judged purely on their own merits instead of it's prequals or sequals thinks. Also, there's nothing that everyone likes.

I assumed you were nitpicking because of your choice of words, not because of your actual problems. "so many flaws it's unbelievable", a flaw is an imperfection, I'd imagine you'd use another word if you meant real problems.

wow thats a mouthful but you still don't understand why both tom clancy hawx and saints row 2 are rubbish games, your another lost cause so this is my last post on this subject i have wasted far too much time trying to get you to understand (u fail)

WellyPWNS:

mike1921:

WellyPWNS:

wow thats a mouthful but you still don't understand why both tom clancy hawx and saints row 2 are rubbish games, your another lost cause so this is my last post on this subject i have wasted far too much time trying to get you to understand (u fail)

I'm a lost cause because either you suck at explaining or *gasp* you're wrong? You gave one reason the game sucked. If you find someone who you could win over to your side like that kill them.You've never tried to get me to understand.

In fact, I think that whole post was the result of you realizing you lost.

That last part really reminded me of Dimahoo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnGHldGdt5s

Glad to hear you liked it Yahtzee, but you were right when you said that you aren't as funny when you actually like a game.

And is it just me, or is Ubisoft basically getting off to shit graphics? (I'm looking at R6Vegas in particular) The planes look good, but everything else looks like ass.

dclassb:
Zeno Clash please

^^^ FUCK YES! ^^^

mike1921:

WellyPWNS:

mike1921:

WellyPWNS:

I'm a lost cause because either you suck at explaining or *gasp* you're wrong? You gave one reason the game sucked. If you find someone who you could win over to your side like that kill them.You've never tried to get me to understand.

IF you think saints row 2 is bullshit you say that GTA 1 2 & 3 are better than anything and any other single shit in the world what im saying is You think SR2 is bullshit you are bullshit

HAZEANDHALO:

mike1921:

WellyPWNS:

mike1921:

WellyPWNS:

IF you think saints row 2 is bullshit you say that GTA 1 2 & 3 are better than anything and any other single shit in the world what im saying is You think SR2 is bullshit you are bullshit

.......The fuck?

i loved this demo sorta wanna get this game.

This was definitely one of the better reviews. He gave Tom Clancy a few hits, eh

Exactly what I was thinking with your former employers start invading the U.S.

When will Far Cry 2 be reviewed?

Correct me if it was already.

Silly hats ftw.

That came from the earths core (guy in pic): AHH................ wearing silly hats!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 62222)