Zero Punctuation: Ghostbusters: The Video Game

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

I think retard roundup is a good name for the new doctor who series actually...

I liked Dr Who...although thats probably because I haven't seen any of the old episodes yet.

Aw, I was expecting Red Faction. Good review though.

most use his free time making up curses

classic and good as always however my friend kinda liked the game allright everyone let's kill him.

games need to stop doing stuff like "press X to revive your partner"
starting to hate it on the same level as quick time events

sneak_copter:
Wait, they actually got Dan Ackroyd to do voices for this game?

Hmm.

He wrote the script...

I had a feeling Yahtzee wasn't going to like this game. Of course that was confirmed about 30 seconds into the review as he was describing all the things that SHOULD have made the game good. Okay review overall.

I know I saw a piss poor game coming the instant they said they were doing it but like most chumps I was dangling out above the sea of shit most games evolve from on that last tiny string of hope that Ghostbusters would be good. But of course, crawling onto the shit-shores of the shit-sea came yet another shit-creature whose first basic instinct was to cut my tether so it could frolic around me as I drowned.

Yahtzee makes my day interesting once again. Good job!
"Retard Round-up."

You know that copyright screen that's always almost right at the end of the credits, with a paragraph of something witty? That paragraph should switch places with the copyright jargon paragraph that's always there, so that when we pause the video to read the good stuff that giant play button in the middle of the screen covers up the copyright stuff we already know and couldn't care less about anyway, rather than covering up that witty bit we actually want to read.

MacRon:
Nica as always yahtzee

wow, its amazing how u think its nice before you've even watched it.

I like the new Doctor Who.....

She ant loadin for me

You are dead from the inside.

crazyhaircut94:
I sort of saw this coming. Him reviewing the game, and sawing it to little ectoplasmic pieces.

Then he eats the ectoplasmic pieces and shits them out into a woodchipper.

P.S. I <3 Golden Sun!

Personally, Ghostbusters looked like everything I'd hoped for on paper, writing by the real writers, all the Ghostbusters in the game, but why do we have to play as some nameless newbie?! What happened to playing as the four main characters?

Looking at it, I can only think "fan service" is the only appropriate description. Nice try, guys, but Yahtzee still comes out the World Heavyweight Champion of Video Game Naysaying.

That was a alot of blowjob jokes.

I don't care about the game anyway.
Ha, this post is useless.

Chiefmon:

crazyhaircut94:
I sort of saw this coming. Him reviewing the game, and sawing it to little ectoplasmic pieces.

Then he eats the ectoplasmic pieces and shits them out into a woodchipper.

P.S. I <3 Golden Sun!

Nice add. Also, who doesn't?

Between the multiple callbacks to the film and the notion of spinning plates in a mosh pit that won't shut the fuck up, Yahtzee delivers exactly what we expect, which is more than can be said for the gaming industry.

I was thinking of getting this game, but Yhatzee has brought up all the problems I suspected might be in it and told me they were in the game.

Thanks for saving me money!

I've been enjoying the game, and while I agree it has some problems (the "retard roundup" is a great summing up of the problem), I feel labeling all the voice acting as bad is unfair. Aykroyd and Hudson where on the ball. . .Murry, not so much.

Canon nerds need to be shot out of a cannon, most of the stuff written for movies and tv isn't planned very well except in the context of the current project, so they don't care if they are screwing over the next whatever, and you end up with problems like this, games with faults that could of easily been fixed with a little screwing of canon, honestly canon doesn't mind that much, not after what Star Trek did to her.

Meh, I've seen more entertaining reviews from him.

Spaceman_Spiff:
I like the new Doctor Who.....

Don't worry, so do I.

Funny, I was expecting Yahtzee to like this game.
Oh well. The review also felt a bit short, and like it ended all too abruptly, so I was disappointed on several counts. Still fairly amusing.

So far critics are in the 70s range, which given all the hype (with reason this time, actors and all), it should have been better...

...meh, BTW which version was reviewed? I know they're the same (Wii not counting naturally) but for some reason many places don't get the 360 version right now.

Wow, that final analogy totally wasn't unnecessary!

Also, I'm sure you've seen what the NES 'Busters games were like, so how would you compare the two? Would you say that the nicer graphics in the new game make it more or less bearable?
Of course, you probably wont respond so I'll assume you find the NES more bearable since the busters dont say a word. :)

There seemed to be a lot of sucking of balls in this one. Don't worry Yahtzee, we believe you when you say you're not gay...

Hmm.. i thought yahtzee would like the game, then again he probably thought I wouldn't think that, so we are all equally suprised.

Amazingly I have never seen all of any of the movies, only about 3 min from the 3rd one. it was decent 3 minutes, but I could have spent them better.

I was listening to the theme song during this review.

Can't say that I agree with him on any of this. Didn't even laugh once during his review unfortunately. Oh well. Most of his reviews are really hit-or-miss anyways. I honestly couldn't help but smile through about the first 2 hours of the game because of how awesome it was seeing all of the characters and locales again. But this is what the game was aiming for. To pull on our nostalgia-strings that still remained from the movies.

Call me a sucker for games like these, but I think it was a pretty good game. Too short though in my opinion.

Hilarious review this week, Yahtzee. The last few have seemed like a bit of a bore, but this week you were fiery, angry, and made several good jokes along the way. One line I found especially funny was the "retard round-up" and the subsequent analogy to spinning plates in a mosh pit. The line where you started saying the gameplay made up for it was also great.

Good to see you back in form. Well done.

Necrith:

Naturally the next step in crappy gaming is Quick-Time revive your partner sequences. Press X to listen for a heartbeat, press Y to start defibrilation, tap the right trigger to prime the current while getting ready to hit the left to apply the shock. Oh the fun we'll have.

On the topic of the review, I was excited to see he was reviewing it and saddened he didn't like it more. Of course the zappy lazers are hard to control, that was how the movies presented them. Surprised he didn't rant about the other weapons, leading me to believe he didn't play the game enough to get any of them. One would think he'd either enjoy or hate using the slime tether to pull things all over the place.

whaleswiththumbs:
Hmm.. i thought yahtzee would like the game, then again he probably thought I wouldn't think that, so we are all equally suprised.

Amazingly I have never seen all of any of the movies, only about 3 min from the 3rd one. it was decent 3 minutes, but I could have spent them better.

I was listening to the theme song during this review.

Sorry for double post...but 3 minutes from the 3rd one? The 3rd one is possibly in production right now. They don't even know if they want to make it yet.

The Great JT:
Personally, Ghostbusters looked like everything I'd hoped for on paper, writing by the real writers, all the Ghostbusters in the game, but why do we have to play as some nameless newbie?! What happened to playing as the four main characters?

That's a damn good question. Thinking back to games like The Simpsons, half of the fun was playing as your favorite character -- it was a fantasy kind of thing, where you get to be somebody else, somebody you look up to.

Nowadays, video games insist on having you play as either yourself or a complete nobody (like yourself) who suddenly becomes a hero.

Seriously, if I'm going to play a repetitive game that feels like Groundhog Day, the least you could let me do is pretend to be Bill Murray.

Kyndranigar:

Necrith:

Naturally the next step in crappy gaming is Quick-Time revive your partner sequences. Press X to listen for a heartbeat, press Y to start defibrilation, tap the right trigger to prime the current while getting ready to hit the left to apply the shock. Oh the fun we'll have.

On the topic of the review, I was excited to see he was reviewing it and saddened he didn't like it more. Of course the zappy lazers are hard to control, that was how the movies presented them. Surprised he didn't rant about the other weapons, leading me to believe he didn't play the game enough to get any of them. One would think he'd either enjoy or hate using the slime tether to pull things all over the place.

now some ass game developer will read that and go "hey yeah! we'll put that in our new game"

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here