Unskippable: Wolverine Uncaged

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Hey just posting that I've been watching since about week four and finally decided to register to help show support for the funniest show on the internet.

GamerLuck:
Thanks for the clerification... Never expected someone to dig for that kind of info... either way, Wolverine just got that much more bad ass in my book... and was pretty bad ass to begin with

I looked it up when origins came out. :p

i dont know if i saw a guy fall a few hundred feet getting shot at the entire way then land on a guy while stabbing him only to then get back up and pop his shoulder back in place id be running away not charging him and shooting

EEEE for the MST3K reference. All the riffs were great. :D

Aiden Rebirth:
curious title...

Indeed, I wonder if "Wolverine Uncaged" is the title of the game or simply this episode of Unskippable?

Anyone else having trouble viewing the video? I'm on Firefox using NoScript, BTW, and allowing the frame where the video would be is doing nothing.

MST3K and bowling refs? awesome!

Heh. Loved the MST3K stuff. Actually looks like a fairly decent game. And stabbing a guy 47 times out of sheer rage? Sweet!

popdafoo:

LeeshaJoy:
I gotta ask--where's the challenge in playing a videogame where the player character basically can't die?

It's for blowing off steam, my man. Even been super pissed and you wish you could just stab many people in the chest with claws that grow out of your hands? Everyone has. Challenge does not equal fun.

you forgot that No challenge= interactive movie not gaming =_= if you cant lose and they don't some how make up for it with challenging puzzles there is no point in playing it u might as well just beat ur fist against a pillow if u need to release some stress or anger lol at least that dose not cost you ... what ever u play for games these days -_- its been so long since i bought one lol (not from steam that is lol)

You guys are really good.

"Oh comon you just got shot with a shotgun twice don't go stumbling around."

"I guess the cutscene's over if the cameraman's dead"

So funny!

Xorghul:
Why stab a guy 16 times when he dies from the first one?...

wolverine is a rager :)

This was a really good unskippable. How to melt the indestructible metal made me laugh, backspin, beer and loneliness, it was all good. Especially the poor guy that had the time to contemplate the moment up to being impaled by the Wolverine missile.

And as for an attack option more effective then guns, I propose flamethrowers. He has to get close, he can burn, so burn until the smell of beer and loneliness is gone (and perhaps the metal melts). Course this would make the game far less fun. The flamethrower guy hoses you down, you go blind and run around trying to heal. He pursues keeping you on the run, getting slower and far more dead every jet. It would instill the terror of flame-based weaponry not seen since Deus Ex.

Iblis has a point. Wolverine's opponents have ridiculous morale. Why did they not run?

snuffler:

True Nero:
good point about the STD's... never thought about that

"In addition to accelerated healing of physical traumas, Wolverine's healing factor makes him extraordinarily resistant to diseases, drugs, and toxins. However, he still suffers the immediate effects of such substances; he has been shown to become intoxicated after significant dosages of alcoholic beverages,[42] and has been incapacitated on several occasions with drugs and poisons.[43] Although his body heals, the healing factor doesn't suppress the pain he endures while injured.[44]"

GamerLuck:
Along the same lines as the blood thing, I have always wondered, if you cut Wolverine in half, do you get two Wolverines, or do the two halves come back to each other?

Anyway, Awesome as always guys, and glad to see you steared clear of the JRG'S this time around... and hopefully for a while to come.

" It has been stated in the Xavier Protocols, a series of profiles created by Xavier that lists the strengths and weaknesses of the X-Men, that Wolverine's healing factor is increased to "incredible levels" and theorizes that the only way to stop him is to decapitate him and remove his head from the vicinity of his body"

The two halves come back together, or he crawls to his lower half and puts it near the upper half, allowing them to regenerate.

For those curious about Adamantium clicky. As Captain Crunch said, it's made from other things that are initially brought together, thus it HAS to be melted before the compounds are brought together otherwise a) they wouldn't mix or b) they wouldn't melt.

References -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolverine_(comics)#Fictional_character_biography
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adamantium

Bah, logic and reasoning in my super hero comics, for sooth!

Wolverine has been around long enough to have actually started every STD, so he doesn't really need to worry about getting any from his kill's blood.

Funny story, but if you manage to contract every STD you will actually get wolverine's healing factor.

Excellent and hilarious as always.

Kinda wondering why it didn't load in Firefox though...

Oh well, something to look into.

Ahhh another great video

I particularly enjoyed the coment about a "stabbing quota."

Brilliant ep. Just wish the cutscenes were longer.
"He can't hear us, right?" XD XD XD

Please note: We do say at the end of the video that we looked into how Adamantium was made.
Thanks for the additional research though folks!

"Africa 06:00"

What was the point of this? Thanks for telling us this is Africa, really drives the setting home. Oh it's 6AM, that's the most important time to be Wolverine looking at an "African" sunrise!

they referenced the show that inspired the entire format for the Unstoppable video's *nerdgasms*

Short but sweet. Good point about the blood going into Wolverine's hands.

Xyphon:

standokan:
Wolverine is to overpowerd and wat is the point of repeating the same attack over and over if the first one already killed him, i don't like wolverine anymore, without the suit he is nothing.

oh oh wolverine riddle: whats the name of wolverine's 14 year old son?

Daken.

no, wolverteen -.-

loved the Terminator reference...I just watched T2 the other day too

Calibretto:

Xorghul:
Why stab a guy 16 times when he dies from the first one?...

wolverine is a rager :)

lolll yup

lucky_bob45:
they referenced the show that inspired the entire format for the Unstoppable video's *nerdgasms*

Heh, that was what I thought. In the fraction of a second between that title card appearing and the Unskippable guys starting to sing I knew *exactly* what was coming.

Another great one. The jokes during the intro are always the funniest.

standokan:

Xyphon:

standokan:
Wolverine is to overpowerd and wat is the point of repeating the same attack over and over if the first one already killed him, i don't like wolverine anymore, without the suit he is nothing.

oh oh wolverine riddle: whats the name of wolverine's 14 year old son?

Daken.

no, wolverteen -.-

Daken is in his sixties

CaptainCrunch:

The Great JT:
How DO you melt an indestructable metal?

How do you create an indestructable metal?

According to the mythos as I understand, adamantium cannot be re-melted once it hardens. This means it is only molten when you combine its constituent components - likely various metals and the souls of countless orphans. (Yes, I'm aware of the vibranium deposits in Wakanda. We're talking man-made adamantium here, people.)

According to Marvel Lore, isnt Vibranium stronger than Adamantium? Wouldn't Black Cat's sword cut through Wolverine like a hot knife through butter?
I've always wondered that.

Furthermore, why does Wolverine even continue to bother wearing that yellow costume in the comic books? It's not like he actually needs to disguise his identity seeing how practically EVERYONE knows who he is, and it's not like there are too many people he'd have to "disguise" himself from anyway, and he's a loner so it's not like he's "protecting his identity to protect his family and loved ones" which for the most part are Xmen or other mutants with abilities that practically ensure that they can take care of themselves.

It was alright. I personally liked your other episodes better though.

HyenaThePirate:

CaptainCrunch:

How do you create an indestructable metal?

According to the mythos as I understand, adamantium cannot be re-melted once it hardens. This means it is only molten when you combine its constituent components - likely various metals and the souls of countless orphans. (Yes, I'm aware of the vibranium deposits in Wakanda. We're talking man-made adamantium here, people.)

According to Marvel Lore, isnt Vibranium stronger than Adamantium? Wouldn't Black Cat's sword cut through Wolverine like a hot knife through butter?
I've always wondered that.

For that matter, why not Captain America's shield? And how did they melt the vibranium, which is a naturally-occurring meteorite metal? Adamantium is just one of those comic book tropes - it doesn't really matter if anything is stronger. People just want to see a dude with claws tearing everything to shreds.

snuffler:
" It has been stated in the Xavier Protocols, a series of profiles created by Xavier that lists the strengths and weaknesses of the X-Men, that Wolverine's healing factor is increased to "incredible levels" and theorizes that the only way to stop him is to decapitate him and remove his head from the vicinity of his body"

The two halves come back together, or he crawls to his lower half and puts it near the upper half, allowing them to regenerate.

Although... if the adamantium covers all his bones (in particular including his spine and skull) then chopping him in half or decapitating him ought to be impossible.

(On the other hand, the movies frequently show him getting shot in the head, which suggests that his skull isn't surrounded by adamantium after all.)

BLOO-DY

If the fall doesn't kill him, then bullets will only piss him off.

HA!

I see your MST3K reference and add in my own.

"He did a good job blowing up the place, but his bosses didn't like him so they shot him in the face."

Do I win?

Miral:
Although... if the adamantium covers all his bones (in particular including his spine and skull) then chopping him in half or decapitating him ought to be impossible.

(On the other hand, the movies frequently show him getting shot in the head, which suggests that his skull isn't surrounded by adamantium after all.)

so theres nothing to say an adamantium blade couldn't cut him clean in half. Also in xmen 2 I believe there is a scene about about an hour and a half in that depicts wolverine walking into the chamber where his operation was preformed. The images on the walls show pictures of skulls that aren't fully covered in adamantium, indicating that his bones might not be FULLY covered. In addition, as you said, he gets shot in the head plenty of times in the xmen trilogy and goes down for at least a short amount of time.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here