Zero Punctuation: Tales of Monkey Island

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 NEXT

The review implacably points out the (true) flaws in the game, but it's still decent. Obiously, you could also play again the old games for less buck and more fun... Just not the "remastered" edition please, that's just a moneygrabbing manoeuvre by LucasArts.

I have to say, I was really offended by the review, and though you stuck in a half assed apology at the end. [Insert offensive Australian beratement].

So, play the re-release of the first game and wait for the re-release of the second classic game and stop there, then? I haven't played any of them, but that's what it sounds like Yahtzee is recommending.

And now I'm suddenly wondering if people throw dice at poor Yahtzee and if anything special happens if they get five of a kind.

ZP seems to be in a bit of a slump at the minute with Yahtzee avoiding games that we have heard of and going for completely random minor games that no one gives a toss about... Your Welcome

LaBambaMan:
"Shiver me Shamrocks" is, by far, one of the greatest things i've ever heard...maybe it's the lack of sleep or the fact that everything is going wrong in my life these days but that made me laugh more than it should have, and i'm Irish.

Don't worry, it got me to. I'm going to try to use that at least once a day.

+2 internets if you can guess the "Protestants" reference!

But isn't this a good sign that there are more tasteful genres returning to the PC even if they are just "fan wank?"

I found the stereo type Irish accent to be quite refreshing. I love the line about Protestants and how to solve the "problem."

Can't say I've ever had an interest in Monkey Island. I like intellectually stimulating games that get me to think, but you know. Pirates. Not a fan of them.

Wow...

That accent can go die.

The bad Irish accent is defiantly the highlight of the episode. The rest was pretty good, but the accent was the best part.

METC:
None of you could have possibly have watched this yet...

They could have sped it up, and watched it in less time

letsnoobtehpwns:
"IT could have saved me time that I could have used to beat my wife" So true!

I can't believe that Yahtzee doesn't like whiskey! Whiskey is one of my favorite alcoholic drinks. Maybe that's just because I'm American.

Yeah, like everyone here beats their wife like there's no tomorrow. I could go off about the typical disasters that America has contributed to the world but it would not be fair to offend the friendly, intellegent minority in your country.

Worse. Irish accent. Evar.

I could barely understand what you were saying half the time.

Oh! I know. A bottle of Branston Pickles appear if you get a Yahtzee while throwing dice at Yahtzee. Makes perfect sense.

I also don't like it when Yahtzee does different accents simply because he continues to talk fast and it can be difficult for a yank such as myself to understand what he's saying. Then again, that might just be encouraging him to use different accents more often.

Neat, I'm here so early that the "first" and "second" hasn't been banned yet.

Anywho - loved the Irish accent, definitely had to fight the urge to guffaw in the public place in which I watched the video.

I'm not sure what to say about the review of the game. Apparently they were a little lazy in re-using character models and more than a little bit unable to resist drooling all over the IP. But, not a bad game, per se. Well, alrightio, then.

not as great as his usual stuff

A mustache on a cat's arse and time beating Moira. The juice came out of my nose.

bodyklok:
Worse. Irish accent. Evar.

I could barely understand what you were saying half the time.

Ditto over here. I thought the review was good witty and funny though.

I will have to check out Monkey island at some point.

Also I'm assuming the banhammer guy is late for the moron who posted "first!!1" without even watching the video.

His Irish accent is a shite-ton better than his Scottish one xD

"Keep rubbing"

Oh, have to add I thought the movement controls were terrible in this game... really quite infuriating.

I was expecting the new Batman which was hinted at last week but I guess once again it hasn't been released in Austuria yet. Well at least reviews of downloadable games will help me deside wether to buy it or not, this review helped me deside since I was on the fence for a few weeks as to wether or not to to get the wiiware version. BTW, the review made me deside not to.

BTW does Yatzee know about The secret of monkey island special edition? I think he would like that since you can switch between the new visials on the old school graphics on both the Xbox 360 version and the PC version.

williebaz:

Cpt_Oblivious:

dunnace:
Tad unfair to review it when it's not technically finished isn't it?

If you've watched the other videos you'll know he thinks most games are unfinished so this is probably fair.

williebaz:
Good video, but why does yahtzee keep reviewing all these minor XBLA games.

Uhh. He reviweded it on PC if you listened.

coren79:
second

Actually, you're third.

I know, but it's also on the XBLA, and so was splosion man in the last review

The re-release was on XBLA, Tales is on Wii. For PC, both can be gotta from Steam (And Tales from the maker's site if you don't like Steam for some reason, oh and Tales don't require a SSE2 processor to play...)

tifa77:
first!

Bad

coren79:
second

worse

Verry good review. Although i couldnt really take him serious because of the irish accent.

I was dreamen about me potata's!

williebaz:

The Secret of Monkey Island is available on XBLA now. Tales of Monkey Island is an all-new game.

Oh dear lord, I don't think I've laughed so hard at a Zero Punctuation before. This was the one that made me register my account finally, instead of just lurking.

Totally going to use "Shiver me shamrocks" at every possible chance.

Cpt_Oblivious:

dunnace:

If you've watched the other videos you'll know he thinks most games are unfinished so this is probably fair.

But technically this game isn't finished. He commented about how terrible the gameplay was in Silent Hill 2, but loved the plot, well he doesn't know all the plot yet. He knows 2/5 of it. And don't say "but he can review the episode" because you can't buy the episodes individually, you have to get a bundle (on PC. On wii... well don't bother).

Just sad, Yahtzee. I wonder if he even bothered to do any research. Y'know, like finding out one of the original 3 people that wrote the first two games (Ron Gilbert, Tim Schafer, and Dave Grossman; the very last of which is the one I'm referring to) actually works at Telltale and had a large hand in the development process. Or the fact that they actually brought Ron Gilbert in and had him help out with some of their initial story design for the game.

I'm just complaining about the game being "fan wank" when most of the initial development had as much of the original team as possible. If Tim Schafer wasn't busy doing Brutal Legend, I'm sure they would have roped him in too, somehow.

The mouse controls are a bit difficult, but you can substitute them with WSAD if you prefer.

Furthermore, Ron Gilbert had envisioned the series as a trilogy. Meaning there was meant to be an "official" third game after Monkey Island 2, and it was not Curse of Monkey Island, obviously.

And finally, to whoever that guy is here. Tales of Monkey Island is NOT on XBLA yet. It's only on PC and Wii.

i cant believe he knows about the rose of tralee.

the irish moments are what made it lovable.

That was a terrible accent, but the wife beating comment saved it.

Don't ever change, you beautiful fiend.

Weird, I was expecting Batman: Arkham Asylum today.
Oh well, it was cool anyway to hear Yahtzee's opinion about the "Monkey Island games that Ron Gilbert didn't make."

Oh yeah, worst irish accent ever indeed.

the protaginist:

LaBambaMan:
"Shiver me Shamrocks" is, by far, one of the greatest things i've ever heard...maybe it's the lack of sleep or the fact that everything is going wrong in my life these days but that made me laugh more than it should have, and i'm Irish.

Don't worry, it got me to. I'm going to try to use that at least once a day.

I know this is fairly off topic, but I feel it's a good story to tell ya. My buddy can't do an Irish accent for shit, and every time he tries he ends up doing a Pirate accent instead for some odd reason. So now i'm going to introduce him to the term "shiver me shamrocks" and make his day.

Pure genius Mr Yahtzee. Dat waz one of de best Oirish accents in a whoile.

"Me wife, Myra"?

Did he just made a Bioshock reference or was that just me?

Jibblejab:
ZP seems to be in a bit of a slump at the minute with Yahtzee avoiding games that we have heard of and going for completely random minor games that no one gives a toss about... Your Welcome

Monkey Island.

A Random, Minor Game.

I had to use capitalized letters to point out how much.. I don't know how to say it, but you sir just lost the Internet.

miquelfire:

williebaz:

Cpt_Oblivious:

dunnace:

williebaz:
Good video, but why does yahtzee keep reviewing all these minor XBLA games.

Uhh. He reviweded it on PC if you listened.

coren79:
second

Actually, you're third.

The re-release was on XBLA, Tales is on Wii. For PC, both can be gotta from Steam (And Tales from the maker's site if you don't like Steam for some reason, oh and Tales don't require a SSE2 processor to play...)

Oh, I goofed

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or