Scribblenauts

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

You could always stop watching them, but we all know you won't.

The moment you get offended about someone who does not know you calling you an idiot over the internet.
Then quite frankly you are one.

maybe because you are stupid?
You have to remember that we are all just shit

except for me

"I was wondering if you were going to review Halo 3: ODST."
- Jacob Probasco, via email

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Ha ha. Ha ha ha ha ha. Ha. Ha.

No.

Why can't I escape the feeling that Yahtzee will somehow get lumped into doing one anyway.

given the amount of people in the internet that watch ZP, and that the majority of those are stupid, also, the complete disregard of politenes and correctnes Yahtzee haves makes his statements a completely stupid way of looking at things

but its MY opinion, say, make any thread about Yahtzee and you can find about 25% of the replies will say they hate Yahtzee, 25% will say they dont care either way and 50% will say he is awesome

by common standards that would make Yahtzee awesome isnīt it?? but then again, its just a way of looking at things

why would i feel offended?? he is not someone i care about or geninuely get interested in him as a person, i remember there was a thread some time ago about sending him video games for his birth day, but then again, why??

take it as you wish, but you have to be seriously stupid to think his oppinion about yourselve means something, in reality he is just one guy who makes video game videos and comments in the industry, thats all, he is not your father or your mother or anyone who you know and can posibly give a damn about his poinions.

Kollega:
I felt that way myself. I was pretty insulted by that generalization Yahtzee threw at me. I'm crazy,not stupid. You can call me a lunatic,i'm fine with that. But i am not,by any means,idiot.

And yes,writing somehow feels more personal than voiceover.

Don'y worry, you may or may not be stupid, but you're not a crazy.

OT - I can't understand how anyone would be insulted at the idea of someone they'll never meet thinking they're an idiot, especially when it is a person reknowned for having a comedy games review video on a website. Meh, I guess I just don't really care what Yahtzee thinks...

I've never really enjoyed his Extra Punctuation, but after one in particular I lost all respect I had for the guy. I don't even watch his videos anymore. He's just a pathetically pesimisstic guy who can't get over a break up that happened almost two years ago (check out his comment on love in the "'Splosion Man" Extra Punctuation to see what I mean).

Mr Companion:
Have you ever humiliated yourself by overreacting to a comment on the internet? Do tell.

Yes, but It's usually because I insult them first, and they turn out to be better at it than me.

Do we really NEED a review of ODST? Anyone with any degree of intelligence knows it sucks, and anyone that's too stupid to know it does will ignore any negative review towards it.

The main reason that you and other people feel hurt is that you think that if this person on the other side of the world thinks your stupid, maybe EVERYONE on that side of the world thinks you stupid...

Or something like that :S

I didn't take offense to that XP. Oh, and why did you bring up Game Damage? That had nothing to do with the subject. And if you want to bring that up, compare it to your accomplishments. I'd like to see you make something better.

I know that he doesn't mean me specifically when calling everyone idiots, he's just trying to make a point. You have to take it with a pinch of salt.

Destrin:

Kollega:
I get *ahem* a bit insulted when someone calls me an idiot,because unlike 99% of the Internet,i have at least a semblance of a working brain. Sure,i'm not Albert Einstein or Oscar Wilde,but i can distinguish pineapple from a live grenade,at the very least.

But then again,this is the Internet.

You can't use grammar or punctuation properly though, can you?

Destrin. stop being a dick.

I am with Yahtzee on this one. I hate games that expect me to design half the content.

I feel him insulting us is a better alternative to telling us what wonderful and caring individuals we are, and that we're all very special and unique in our own special ways.

At least he's being honest with us.

Moccamonster:
Great article, as always, but I'm actually surprised you laughed at someone requesting a review for ODST.

I mean, it's pretty well established you don't enjoy the series(to say the least...), so having another game in said series will not only allow you to rant at the line of games in general, but also review the fact that people are still willing to buy a 3-hour game at full price, which would somewhat fit the theme of 'idiots ruin the market for everyone else', since this gives of a message that what gamers really want are short and boring campaigns at full price as long as there is a new mode in the game or something.

EDIT: and the point you made about gaming being the only medium where open world-elements are prevelant: Yeah, that's because gaming is a distinct medium. You can't apply gaming industry-logic to other media. That'd be like asking for an expansion pack for Clockwork Orange.

They have an expansion pack for Clockwork Orange, it is called Clockwork Orgy.

Now...I'd puff out my chest and act manly for having made that up...but I didn't...it actually exists.

Zombie Nixon:
I never got why everyone is so convinced that the world is full of idiots.(Go ahead, tell me it's because I'm an idiot, it'll be very clever)

In a nutshell Zombie Nixon it is the Mean-World Hypothesis/Syndrome (depending on when you would have learned it). Basically folks assume the world is far worse than it actually is because of their very limited experiences with it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mean_World_Syndrome

It is one of the more hilarious cognitive biases because if people were as correct as they think they are we'd all likely be getting raped, murdered, or at the very least wouldn't be on the internet because it wouldn't exist.

RedBaron19:

Moccamonster:
Great article, as always, but I'm actually surprised you laughed at someone requesting a review for ODST.

That's because HALO ODST is the Porsche 911 of video games. It just a copy of HALO 3 w/ a diff. box. I mean, it even comes with the HALO 3 multiplayer. They should have called it HALO 3: Revisited.

Sure, if he had actually reviewed the multiplayer then that might be a good point. He just seemed to decide that since he already knew the game wasn't perfect (fair enough) he had no reason to explore the rest of the game.

tomtom94:

Oliver90909:
I hate to nitpick...but is it not Zero punctuation...?

Zero Punctuation is the videos, Extra Punctuation is his column. (surely "ZP Grammar Check" would be more sensible? anyway..)

Ah. Exposing my own ignorance there. Ironic considering that the only time I lose my temper online (or in the real world for that matter) is when people are being stupid. Or, rather, seem to be being deliberately stupid.

For example. I used to work in a mobile phone shop, and the amount of people who you had to explain that to ring someone you press 'call' after dialling the number. Now I don't mind explaining this once, or perhaps even twice, but when you repeatedly have to explain to someone that just writing in the number and putting it to their ear just won't cut the mustard...it gets just a tad frustrating. Perhaps there is something to be said in the idea of 'Generation X' being able to understand technology better, but then on the other hand, that argument is nonesense. I think if you have a driving licence, a university degree, or something to prove a modicum of intelligence then you should be able to work out the 'open' button on train doors, the remote control for Sky TV, those door locks that require you to lift the handle before locking.

And now look at me...I'm getting into a rant about my own mother now. What was the topic again? Overreacting to minor things? Damn...

Probably best to not take it personally. He does this shit for laughs.

Geo Da Sponge:

RedBaron19:

Moccamonster:

That's because HALO ODST is the Porsche 911 of video games. It just a copy of HALO 3 w/ a diff. box. I mean, it even comes with the HALO 3 multiplayer. They should have called it HALO 3: Revisited.

Sure, if he had actually reviewed the multiplayer then that might be a good point. He just seemed to decide that since he already knew the game wasn't perfect (fair enough) he had no reason to explore the rest of the game.

\

911? So there is a Porsche built for terrorists now?

Isn't Yahtzee some kind of "Everyone lies" right now?

"Everyone on the Internet is an idiot" said by someone who works on the Internet... Yeah.

Mr Companion:
The latest extra punctuation has made me confused about the stability of my mind. Because you see, you know that bit where yahzee says you are stupid? I was genuinely taken aback by that insult. Obviously the moment I realised this I smacked myself for my stupidity and rearranged my mind to fit back into reality. So what? I ask myself. He is on the other side of the world and I have no connection to his article save my purchasing of little big planet. But for the following reasons I am still a little edgy now.

Firstly the form it is displayed in is different to his usual 'you are stupid routine'
Usually he calls us stupid via video reviews. But having the words etched into my retina from the screen is somehow more personal. Voice is all very well, but I feel that writing is far closer to an individuals mind than what a person says. In the ZP vids you get the impression his heart is not into the insults.

Secondly there is the childish dismissal, such intentional generalisation feels reminiscent of school playgrounds where a lack of consideration is commendable. When yahzee says "You are stupid" He knows full well that he has never and never will meet us in person to evaluate our intellect first hand. I have no doubt his assumption applies to the majority of people, I can see clearly that I myself am a despicable excuse for a human being, what with been a sixteen year old British child I am automatically classed as a social equal to a smear of shit across a lavatory wall. Yet still I can say with at least a small beaker of certainty that out there is a man watching ZP who the term 'Stupid' cannot apply. If you wish to find somebody like that then type in "Gammy Goose" on you tube and become instantly fascinated with a man who you cannot hope to aspire to.

Anyway back on track: Thirdly and most importantly is the combination of all aforementioned subjects. I mean come on yahzee. Appoximately three times or so now you have addressed me in a derogatory manner. Don't hide behind your screen, it is all very well writing an article but how about you come over here and say it to my face!

Yeah come on! Climb through the screen next time I watch that first and quite frankly terrible pilot to Game Damage. As I stare gob smacked at the lack of humour in that terrible compilation of poor-quality scenes and absolutely torturous skits then just climb right out of that tasteless couch, through my monitor and call me stupid right to my stupid perplexed face you confounded cretin! You bounder! You cad! You ruffian! You scoundrel! You blowhard! You... Urrm. Anybody got any more insults? Aha!
You BUFOON! Ok I am all out now.

Anyway in conclusion I am not really hurt by Yahzee's hash words. The only real motivation to produce this thread is that I have not really produced any threads lately or, in truth, ever. I apologise to you reading this if you are suddenly overwhelmed with a unquenchable urge to call me a pussy, over analytical or stupid even when faced with the blatant futility of the sentiment.

Have you ever humiliated yourself by overreacting to a comment on the internet? Do tell.

OK, you seem to be a person with a brain so I'm not gonna slate you too much, but what the utter fuck is this?

Maybe you are stupid if you take a comment Yahtzee has made to EVERYONE and apply it only to yourself. Guess what, Yahtzee doesn't give a fuck about you. Or me, or anyone that isn't close to him. And you know what? Most people are stupid. You can't blame the guy for going on his assumptions based on what he sees on the internet (or probably in real life too for that matter.) You know what does make you stupid, though? The fact you've repeatedly called him "yahzee" in your futile complaint.

"having the words etched into my retina from the screen is somehow more personal. Voice is all very well, but I feel that writing is far closer to an individuals mind than what a person says. In the ZP vids you get the impression his heart is not into the insults. "

This is a strange conclusion, as usually blank writing doesn't usually have a voice connected to it, though Yahtzee's style of writing does have its own unique feel. But again, it's not personal to you. It's basically his ZP vids in writing. And bloody hell, man, if you don't like 'em, don't watch 'em. If you're getting personally offended by them you're clearly missing the point.

"Appoximately three times or so now you have addressed me in a derogatory manner. Don't hide behind your screen, it is all very well writing an article but how about you come over here and say it to my face!"

No, he hasn't addressed YOU (Unless your name is Adrian from one of his ZP reviews).

"Yeah come on! Climb through the screen next time I watch that first and quite frankly terrible pilot to Game Damage. As I stare gob smacked at the lack of humour in that terrible compilation of poor-quality scenes and absolutely torturous skits"

Actually, the pilot was quite good, though you seem bitter from Yahtzee's recent insults.

"You bounder! You cad! You ruffian! You scoundrel! You blowhard! You... Urrm. Anybody got any more insults? Aha!
You BUFOON! Ok I am all out now. "

That waas such a Yahtzee joke. You can't be that irritated by him.

"Anyway in conclusion I am not really hurt by Yahzee's hash words. The only real motivation to produce this thread is that I have not really produced any threads lately or, in truth, ever."

Well, getting to the end of your post I can see that it was a bit of a joke. But I still think this is a stupid post, and my above responces to bits of your post still stand.

You know, I saw thi topic, went to read the article, convinced it would give me cause for all sorts of justified rage.

Instead I found myself agreeing an annoying amount.

I played Little Big planet once on a friend's console, found the professionally designed levels pretty interesting, got halfway through the tutorial on making your own and thought 'sod this, I'm going to go write a song, followed by finishing my book.' I know I'm set apart somewhat in that I do write books, and songs, and webcomics, and act, but I think the distincion is interesting.

I'm not saying he's right to condemn as idiots anyone who plays Scribblenauts but it is a rather interesting perspective on creativity. Intelligence aside, I know my sister (more intelligent than me, but less creative) loves games like LBP and SN, whereas I (more creative, less intelligent) prefer to create my own works.

If anyone's bothered to read to the end of this I guess the point I'm making is that Yahtzee is doing what he always does, using the most inflammatory language possible, but his point might not be about intelligence, but about creativity, and the applications thereof.

esperandote:

Yahtzee Croshaw:
The world is full of idiots. Forgive me for the redundancy of that statement, because if you're reading this you must be on the internet, and are well aware that you could enter communication with an idiot within two clicks of the mouse. Or even faster if you have a mirror on hand. Yes, you see, I'm saying you're an idiot, too. I felt I should make that clearer because you're an idiot.

I dont know who are the biggest idiots, you or us. You because you're calling idiots those who come a watch your videos or read your articles and therefore pay your salary or we because we keep coming back after being called idiots, well i know i won't anymore.

You're not any better than anyone, i dont see you writing, painting or sculpting a masterpiece your just a piece in the system you trashtalk so much. Your just a guy that get payed for playing games and writing and drawing jokes about them but insulting your watchers as crossed the line for me. I can see that the greatness sense has reach you.

Can i just mention- i dont see you writing, painting, or sculpting a masterpiece. have you ever seen his website? He has done these things. Then the phrase we pay his salary. I hate that phrase. we dont. The Escapist does, the advertisers pay them out of their own pocket. We are nowhere in the loop. Have you ever payed anything directly to watch ZP? Even if we did pay his salary, that doesn't give us the right to dictate his actions or output.

Alright, I'm sensing a lot of negative energy in this thread!

Moccamonster:
Snippy snip snip

Are you trying to sell games for review...WHAT?!

ryai458:
It is rather enjoyable to read people getting angry at somebody insulting them over the internet.

That has been my favorite thread of the day, that or the one about "WHY DOES YAHTZEE HATE ROME: TOTAL WAR, ITS REALLY GOOD AND HERE'S WHY....etc" From a first post account...

On the topic of first post accounts, why do we not get 5 banned users the second this blog goes online?
Because idiots can only listen?

Mr Companion:
The latest extra punctuation has made me confused about the stability of my mind. Because you see, you know that bit where yahzee says you are stupid? I was genuinely taken aback by that insult. Obviously the moment I realised this I smacked myself for my stupidity and rearranged my mind to fit back into reality. So what? I ask myself. He is on the other side of the world and I have no connection to his article save my purchasing of little big planet. But for the following reasons I am still a little edgy now.

Firstly the form it is displayed in is different to his usual 'you are stupid routine'
Usually he calls us stupid via video reviews. But having the words etched into my retina from the screen is somehow more personal. Voice is all very well, but I feel that writing is far closer to an individuals mind than what a person says. In the ZP vids you get the impression his heart is not into the insults.

Secondly there is the childish dismissal, such intentional generalisation feels reminiscent of school playgrounds where a lack of consideration is commendable. When yahzee says "You are stupid" He knows full well that he has never and never will meet us in person to evaluate our intellect first hand. I have no doubt his assumption applies to the majority of people, I can see clearly that I myself am a despicable excuse for a human being, what with been a sixteen year old British child I am automatically classed as a social equal to a smear of shit across a lavatory wall. Yet still I can say with at least a small beaker of certainty that out there is a man watching ZP who the term 'Stupid' cannot apply. If you wish to find somebody like that then type in "Gammy Goose" on you tube and become instantly fascinated with a man who you cannot hope to aspire to.

Anyway back on track: Thirdly and most importantly is the combination of all aforementioned subjects. I mean come on yahzee. Appoximately three times or so now you have addressed me in a derogatory manner. Don't hide behind your screen, it is all very well writing an article but how about you come over here and say it to my face!

Yeah come on! Climb through the screen next time I watch that first and quite frankly terrible pilot to Game Damage. As I stare gob smacked at the lack of humour in that terrible compilation of poor-quality scenes and absolutely torturous skits then just climb right out of that tasteless couch, through my monitor and call me stupid right to my stupid perplexed face you confounded cretin! You bounder! You cad! You ruffian! You scoundrel! You blowhard! You... Urrm. Anybody got any more insults? Aha!
You BUFOON! Ok I am all out now.

Anyway in conclusion I am not really hurt by Yahzee's hash words. The only real motivation to produce this thread is that I have not really produced any threads lately or, in truth, ever. I apologise to you reading this if you are suddenly overwhelmed with a unquenchable urge to call me a pussy, over analytical or stupid even when faced with the blatant futility of the sentiment.

Y'know, I think Yahtzee called you stupid for simpler reasons than your preference in gaming. He called you stupid cause you can't spell Yahtzee. You've tried to insult him by calling him a BUFFOON, and spelling that wrong too. Harsh is also wrong. Personally, I think he would call you stupid for posting this message with all its grammatical errors. He is a journalist after all. Next time, maybe proofread your comment before you post it. And also, spell the person's name right. They may not realize you're talking to them.

Yes, I am nitpicking your little errors. Yes, I am in full realization that I'm being a complete douchebag and will probably get flamed sometime. Yes, I would say this to your face. But considering you're a faceless git as of yet, I can't do that.

By the way, take this humorously, because I'm being sarcastic.

I have to state that, 'cause apparently people can't read tone when it's on the internet.

I want him to review Halo 3:OST simply because his halo 3 review still stands as one of his funniest reviews of all time.

I tend to agree with Yahtzee a lot (I have not played scribblenauts or little big planet and i don't own a wii)

Anybody who feels insulted by what Yahtzee says should stop listening to him. But you wont will you? So stop reacting to little things like creating a forum about it.

Hows the saying go?

If you argue with a troll the troll has won especially if the troll is right.

Frankly, I'm rather confused. Since when has Yahtzee made any personal insults? He hates everybody. Unless you're Adrienne.

Stop killing my faith in humanity, please.

I thought it went, "If you argue with a troll, he'll get angry and eat you anyway."

You wrote him something dumb, he called you dumb. It happens, occaisionally. It's not a big deal. Everyone says dumb things occasionally, I don't know that it merits a multiparagraph essay.

Here, I'll try to back up his statement: humans have several fundamental flaws with them that makes them act idiotically, such as most of what peer pressure does to people. Or over react to comments on the internet (to answer your question, yes, it happens a lot to me and probably everyone else).

ScaredCougar:
Whut? My brain couldn't register what the point of this forum is. *Quiet fool! Say something clever and i'll release some endorphins!* Okay brain. The balance of eqations in chemistry is how many groups of atoms need to create the required amount to complete the end result of the formulae

Come on dude, that's 9-Year-Old Chemistry.

"Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Ha ha. Ha ha ha ha ha. Ha. Ha.

No." good good good i hate odst and everything bungie craps out since they ruined halo 3. good article etc etc insert more praise here.

No, Because it is only the internetz?

Why should I care what yahtzee has to say about me?

Also, Dude, If I must say this again. It is only the internetz. Why get rowdy over a post or message?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here