There Will Be Brawl: Episode Eight

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

spike4072:

oppp7:
Could the killer be Wario? He always thought of the killings as funny, and in episode 3 he said times like these gave opportunities for people like him. He also may have been the one to call the police on Dedede's murder, since he obviously has ties with the police. As for Kirby's murder: Kirby probably wasn't killed by the murderer. His corpse doesn't match the others.

I think Wario is using the Ice climbers to do it. Dedede was killed by blunt trauma to the back of the head and the Ice Climbers have those big mallets. They were with Yoshi at the police station and outside Mario's window right before he found Yoshi. :O

They seem crazy enough to me.

They are definitely crazy enough, but as far as motives go, they are lacking. Also, the killer must know some stealth, and he is probably an intelligent character, so I doubt IC is responsible. They might have killed Yoshi - maybe even Mewtwo to help Wario become the leader of the Pokemon fighting rings, but not king Dedede.

As for everyone who is afraid of Olimar doing a lot of damage with the smash ball: I think the only thing he can do with it is to activate his ship and get out of there. The great monsters attacking when he uses it in the game are from the planet in the Pikmin games, and it makes no sense that they would attack when he flies off.

Well done guys and girls another great episode can't wait for the grand finale.

I was expecting to see Meta Knight at the end but Yoshi was a great surprise.

Everyone is expecting kirby to be alive. But meta-knight is mia, missing-in-action, not in hospital so hanibal escape doesn't work. and to be honest it would be boring if they pull the switcheroo that virtually everybody can see coming.

The first half was dull and pointless. It picked up at the part were Mario was gathering his army. Killing off Yoshi just as Mario looked as if he was about to turn himself around just felt like a dick move.

Can we please have a Mama Luigi joke?

What if it has something to do with Pit? He was arguing with Dedede right before Dedede was killed. Also, if Marth and Ike are gay, then Roy might have been as well, making him a possible target by Pit. Not sure about Mewtwo though...

Bakfiets:

I was actually expecting that too... though the stuffed-toy look lessened the impact.

Great job guys, whens the next one?

WaderiAAA:

spike4072:

oppp7:
Could the killer be Wario? He always thought of the killings as funny, and in episode 3 he said times like these gave opportunities for people like him. He also may have been the one to call the police on Dedede's murder, since he obviously has ties with the police. As for Kirby's murder: Kirby probably wasn't killed by the murderer. His corpse doesn't match the others.

I think Wario is using the Ice climbers to do it. Dedede was killed by blunt trauma to the back of the head and the Ice Climbers have those big mallets. They were with Yoshi at the police station and outside Mario's window right before he found Yoshi. :O

They seem crazy enough to me.

They are definitely crazy enough, but as far as motives go, they are lacking. Also, the killer must know some stealth, and he is probably an intelligent character, so I doubt IC is responsible. They might have killed Yoshi - maybe even Mewtwo to help Wario become the leader of the Pokemon fighting rings, but not king Dedede.

As for everyone who is afraid of Olimar doing a lot of damage with the smash ball: I think the only thing he can do with it is to activate his ship and get out of there. The great monsters attacking when he uses it in the game are from the planet in the Pikmin games, and it makes no sense that they would attack when he flies off.

But you know what happens at the end of Olimar's Final Smash? He flies down with his ship and it explodes. Which I think is going to be the reference of the "The sacrifice shall be of my own" or whatever he said.

Did anyone get the reference to the jonestown massacre?

The punch was filled with white pikmin, and all the cult drank form it.

Yoshi we will miss you in times of despair only the closest remain you cannot buy loyalty of pets you need to bond I know that's creepyish but i was thinking of my dog if someone killed it i would go insane Mario gotsta kill the F****** on a more lvl headed note you have to release a DVD I would happily pay ten pound to own this and just watch it all in one go it'd be great to take round my mates houses and that kinda thing the themes are awesome by the way love what you've done keep up the insane work guys cus this sh**** is movie quality

Relatively sure its Meta Knight that was toasted, as suggested earlier. Kirby is too clever and wouldn't fall that easily. Im starting to wonder if Samus and Kirby are in on something together, just a hunch!

I need to watch them all over again!!!!!

How did kirby get burned that doesn't fit Metanight's moves ... Unless it was ...

Obviously, Kirby isn't dead.

In an homage to Silence of the Lambs, he killed Meta Knight and mutilated the body to look like his own. He's going to show up for the finale, I guarantee it.

Everyone here thinks Kirby is alive. If Kirby really is dead from a fire flower, I'll be disappointed in you guys.

... Finally, a video in a month (I believe). It was pretty good wrap-up of what happened next and some back story.

As for the killer, I think there are 3 candidates we have now.

1. Meta Knight:

-Reason 1: From the beginning and Kirby went rampant, Meta Knight had some insanity factor that were the same as Kirby (because he is Kirby on the inside). After his capture and Kirby's constant mind-fuck does the Meta Knight succumb to his natural instincts. Because he was SUPPOSED to guard Kirby, the police force didn't expect him to go out on his own or something. Then, killing followed.

-Reason 2: The whole thing is promoted Link/Zelda police force action and, incidentally or intentionally, Mario's downfall. Link orders Meta Knight, who has similar powers as Kirby, to perform those acts.

=Possible way of killing: Infinite slash, Tornado, Drill thing or take off his mask and do Kirby thing

>About today's killing: He sneaked out of hospital and did his thing. Ice Climbers were just monitoring Mario.

2. Kirby:

-Reason: After his capture, he subconsciously mind-fucked Meta Knight to let him out. Then, with somehow using his newly acquired technique, he performed similar killings as before.

=Possible way of killing: Do I have to explain this? Watch the series.

>About today's killing: He got out of jail and absorbed Meta Knight's power/got a better hand than Meta Knight to grill him to black (since burning will always result in black, no one will know if it's actually Kirby or Meta Knight)

3. Ice Climbers:

-Reason: All under Wario's orders. Wario would have started to start his own gang, but was pushed aside by other gangs. So, he ordered Ice Climbers to kill of the Dons. Incidentally, this promoted him to a police chief (notice how the Don killing stopped after his promotion).

=Possible way of killing: Hammer Tornado.. Probably..

>About today's killing: As a retaliation to his old nemesis, he orders to kidnap and kill Yoshi.

I know this would have mentioned in this forum before, and does not answer the question "What about Princess Peach?" I hope somebody would.

Can't wait until next one.

Who was the bearded man that Mario grabbed?

and that cult girl(?) in the white sheet?

Chaz D:

In an homage to Silence of the Lambs, he killed Meta Knight and mutilated the body to look like his own. He's going to show up for the finale, I guarantee it.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who caught that.

All that scene needed was Chris Isaak and an elevator.

It seems a lot of us are in agreement about the Kirby Meta Knight switch, a la Silence of the Lambs.

Personally I would have loved to seen more Samus. Not only is the take on the character refreshingly different, but - as of Link's interrogation of Luigi - she's also implicated as a suspect. Though, after admitting Dedede would be the best victor, it would be odd for her to turn around and kill him. (You will remember, of course, that Samus has a super speed dash that makes her lightning quick; fast enough to get in and out like a teleporter.)

Olimar's part in this, his weird psycho cult, seems a bit disjointed. It's either the red herring, or coming back in a bad, bad way; smashball, and all.

Wario the killer? Well, he was the one that initially found the burnt corpse... whoever it turns out to be. But he seems too much the social profiteering anarchist; and this level of planning seems over his head.

Obviously Yoshi was not killed by the psycho, as his head was left. More likely it's a message. (Nice touch with the Godfather thing there, guys.)

With two dons left and a political conspiracy abound it seems this thing gets deeper, darker, and thicker the closer we get to the ending. And now Bowser *APPEARS* to be dead, himself. (After all, it would take "extra firepower" to bring down his castle.)

I'm hooked, and will most likely will have to watch the series a couple more times, just to keep up.

There probably won't be a DVD release for copyright reasons

Bakfiets:

I was expecting Peach, I was both relieved and disappointed at the same time.

"YYYYOOOOOOOOOOSHIIIII!"

*Ahem* Interesting episode. I am not totally sure I got the whole thing. @_@

Epic, what else can i say? you got a gift for story tellingn

Omg this vid made me get emotional

lastoflancas:
... Finally, a video in a month (I believe). It was pretty good wrap-up of what happened next and some back story.

As for the killer, I think there are 3 candidates we have now.

1. Meta Knight:

-Reason 1: From the beginning and Kirby went rampant, Meta Knight had some insanity factor that were the same as Kirby (because he is Kirby on the inside). After his capture and Kirby's constant mind-fuck does the Meta Knight succumb to his natural instincts. Because he was SUPPOSED to guard Kirby, the police force didn't expect him to go out on his own or something. Then, killing followed.

-Reason 2: The whole thing is promoted Link/Zelda police force action and, incidentally or intentionally, Mario's downfall. Link orders Meta Knight, who has similar powers as Kirby, to perform those acts.

=Possible way of killing: Infinite slash, Tornado, Drill thing or take off his mask and do Kirby thing

>About today's killing: He sneaked out of hospital and did his thing. Ice Climbers were just monitoring Mario.

2. Kirby:

-Reason: After his capture, he subconsciously mind-fucked Meta Knight to let him out. Then, with somehow using his newly acquired technique, he performed similar killings as before.

=Possible way of killing: Do I have to explain this? Watch the series.

>About today's killing: He got out of jail and absorbed Meta Knight's power/got a better hand than Meta Knight to grill him to black (since burning will always result in black, no one will know if it's actually Kirby or Meta Knight)

3. Ice Climbers:

-Reason: All under Wario's orders. Wario would have started to start his own gang, but was pushed aside by other gangs. So, he ordered Ice Climbers to kill of the Dons. Incidentally, this promoted him to a police chief (notice how the Don killing stopped after his promotion).

=Possible way of killing: Hammer Tornado.. Probably..

>About today's killing: As a retaliation to his old nemesis, he orders to kidnap and kill Yoshi.

I know this would have mentioned in this forum before, and does not answer the question "What about Princess Peach?" I hope somebody would.

Can't wait until next one.

Only one problem, wario said meta-knight was mia missing-in-action. So silence of the lambs aproach wouldn't work. and to be honest is utterly predictable and boring.

DarkLordofDevon:
Why does it seem like I'm the only one who thinks Ganondorf is the killer? He has the most to gain from this. Eliminate all the dons, kidnap/kill the princess, allow Mario and Link to start butting heads which will cripple the police force.

What was the stuff he got from Olimar anyway? He said it was some extra 'firepower to keep the pressure on the other dons'.

Ganondorf orchestrated most of this I reckon. He's smart enough and has been working from the shadows for a long time.

And there's a good metareason he could be the one behind it all...

He's played by the director =)

I definitely suspect Ganondorf working together with Link and Zelda to restore a new Hyrule. Pit and Olimar are in it too.

Then again, all the analysis on Wario and the Ice Climbers I'm reading here is awesome too. Althrough I don't see Wario behind behind it all, he's too much a loose canon to be so calculative, backstabbing...

But definitely props to the creators for leaving so much open to viable speculation!

And I would also buy this right away if it was released, BUT then it would have to be released by Nintendo itself =P somehow, I don't see them doing that...

Hmm i just relished metanight was rushed to the hospital, but can't kirby look like metanight. Burnt skin = black skin metanight had black skin.

I still retain my idea that the killer is the girl mario saved in the first game. There were some references kirby made to "the killer was there in the beginning" and who was there in the beginning with mario...

As for everyone who is afraid of Olimar doing a lot of damage with the smash ball: I think the only thing he can do with it is to activate his ship and get out of there. The great monsters attacking when he uses it in the game are from the planet in the Pikmin games, and it makes no sense that they would attack when he flies off.[/quote]

Well theres no way that Olimar will get to use the smash brawl. Someone more important will use it

Chaz D:

Like several people have said, that would be predictable and boring. Besides, Metaknight is currently the most likely candidate for the butcher. For motivation, he was obsessed with catching Kirby. His obsession may have been an overall obsession with getting rid of crime, explaining the motive for killing the dons. His reason for leaving the organs is to scare the other dons into stopping their crimes. His reason for killing Roy may have had something to do with Roy being a corrupt cop. Not sure about Pichu. His reason for kidnapping Peach may have been because Kirby was going to rat him out, so he needed her or Kirby to disappear, and he knew he would be suspected if Kirby died. But when the cells opened, he couldn't kill Kirby the same way as the others victims because Luigi would know who the killer was. Also, he has a way of spying on people without them knowing, showing that he's good at stealth.
Edit: Does anyone else get the feeling they're going to make a reference to that movie about the 7 Deadly Sins serial killer and show Daisy's/Peach's head in a box?

oppp7:

Chaz D:

Like several people have said, that would be predictable and boring. Besides, Metaknight is currently the most likely candidate for the butcher. For motivation, he was obsessed with catching Kirby. His obsession may have been an overall obsession with getting rid of crime, explaining the motive for killing the dons. His reason for leaving the organs is to scare the other dons into stopping their crimes. His reason for killing Roy may have had something to do with Roy being a corrupt cop. Not sure about Pichu. His reason for kidnapping Peach may have been because Kirby was going to rat him out, so he needed her or Kirby to disappear, and he knew he would be suspected if Kirby died. But when the cells opened, he couldn't kill Kirby the same way as the others victims because Luigi would know who the killer was. Also, he has a way of spying on people without them knowing, showing that he's good at stealth.
Edit: Does anyone else get the feeling they're going to make a reference to that movie about the 7 Deadly Sins serial killer and show Daisy's/Peach's head in a box?

Have to agree about kirby being alive being boring (and rather pathetic i may add), though it wasn't him who smashed dedede over the head. maybe he teams up with the iceclimbers. And metaknight is mia, why does everyone think he's in hospital? he's missing-in-action probably flown the coup.

Rathy:
That was absolutely amazing, especially the work on the flashbacks. Those really helped tie the struggle together.

And the end was freaky as hell. Totally was not expecting that thing under the sheets.

I was expecting Peach.

OT: Awesome episode, Mario is a great impromptu speaker, who would'a known?

Goenitz:
Great job guys, whens the next one?

I believe it was mentioned the finale would be in december.

it's starfy...Hint:burnt to death.still very good episode.the whole almost godfather thing at the end was funny.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here