Game Dogs: New Animated Series Game Dogs Premiers Thursday

Pages PREV 1 2

dont want looks really dumb and this coming from a guy who likes doomsday arcade

ZerOmega:
These must be some of those furries that I keep hearing about.

This was the first thing I thought too... only um... less appropriate....

Wow, wasn't aware that Russ was the one who actually wrote it. Worthy of giving the first couple episodes a try, atleast.

And why not dogs? Know how crazy an idea like "plants vs zombies" sounded? sounded like a boring tower defense with plants as towers? Look at how THAT ended up. That's what I'm hoping the case will be for this.

animations choppy diolouge is awful...

really? This is your 'next big thing'? compare this to zp, or DA for that matter... hell, even unforgotten realms looks better than this...

Wow this looks unbelievably crappy.

Doesn't look promising, but I can reserve final judgment until after I've seen a few actual episodes.

I seem to recall a lot of people saying that Apocolapyse Lane was gonna be shite, yet now it's one of the more popular shows on the site. Give this a chance, it may suprise you.

(Also, we can't expect something as awesome as TWBB to be easily replaced, I mean, holy crap).

Hey guys, let's all judge it immediately based on the teaser trailer! Let's also never mind the success of Jon's previous offerings here!

I'm so pumped to dismiss it based on a few seconds of dialogue. YEAH!

i know i'm not the first to say it, but... code monkeys with dogs.

sort of surprising how unoriginal it all seems. i expect a bit more from the escapist.

Jiveturkey124:
Well that teaser didnt really get me to into the series, I mean the jokes were all over the place. Im not going to pass complete judgement until I see an episode. Im still waiting for Dorians Quest though! :)

There were jokes?

Seriously though, with such a wealth of decent talent out there doing game related comedy animation, why are we stuck with this mundanity? And don't get me started on Apocalypse Lane.

The smartest thing this site has done in a long time is sign on Loading Ready Run.

Great, now the furries are invading The Escapist. This is why we can't have nice things!

is this what they replaced UnforgottenRealms with?wow...i may watch 1 episode since you can't judge a series by a trailer...wait you can that only applies to books and their covers.

Looks... drab. I'll try it anyway.

It cannot be funnier than all the people complaining about it being about furries, especially since they obviously don't know what a furry is. Or all the people complaining that it's about dogs. "Oh, guys, I saw this cool cartoon, it's called Duck Tales, but everyone in it is a duck! Why are they ducks? It makes no sense!"

BlueTomfoolery:
So it's about anthros playing games?

HMM, I DO WONDER WHERE I'VE HEARD OF THAT BEFORE?
Oh wait:
TBH, I'm not quite enthusiastic about this.
I mean, I like animations with anthros characters because they tend to be more interesting, but the dialouge in this sounds odd, and it seems kinda boring, but as people constantly spout at me: Nevar judge a book by it's cover. EVAAAAAAAAR.
So I'll watch a few episodes once it comes out, but if it ain't good, I'm not sticking around to wait for it to get good.

littlerudi08107:
Great, now the furries are invading The Escapist. This is why we can't have nice things!

Furries aren't so bad once you get to know them.
Oh, except the ones that go so far as to dress in fursuits.
Those kind are just awkward.

Well.... It has Jon Etheridge.

Is that how you spell his last name?

Seems goodish.

For something about talking dogs, which I generally hate....

I'll reserve judgement, but so far I'm not too into it. What's the point of them being dogs? It seems like the only reason for it is so there can be lame puns.

ZerOmega:

nah, those are just animals, not anthro's

It's a 45 second trailer, you can't really judge the series on it, and as for it being 'all over the place' will the scenes ain't meant to match in a trailer, I mean by the looks of it the clips come over several episodes.. but anyway, it's animated & animation looks alright, seems fine to me, but we'll just see.

GaelicValley91:
It's a 45 second trailer, you can't really judge the series on it, and as for it being 'all over the place' will the scenes ain't meant to match in a trailer, I mean by the looks of it the clips come over several episodes.. but anyway, it's animated & animation looks alright, seems fine to me, but we'll just see.

Well said. I'm looking forwards to this. I didn't think Unskippable, ENN or Apocolypse Lane would be any good until i tried them.

Haha peoples replies to this are funny out.

These guys are good at this stuff, so I'll deffo be watching.

The Sorrow:
Hmmm...electronic entertainment and household pets?
Does the phrase "VG Cats" (terrible as it is) ring a bell?

I'm afraid I have to hate you now.

hittite:

The Sorrow:
Hmmm...electronic entertainment and household pets?
Does the phrase "VG Cats" (terrible as it is) ring a bell?

I'm afraid I have to hate you now.

Nobody's stopping you.

Why couldn't this have been people you don't have to make them dogs. The snippet of what you shown has made me want to watch as much as eating a large bowl of wall paper paste.

hubertw47:
Oh god a furry series on the escapist.

This may make me leave.

You'll be missed, I'm sure.

Anyways, I'm giving the show a chance. Whether or not it sucks can be determined by simply watching an episode or two, so instead of denouncing it right off the bat... I'll give it a shot.

Not got rid of Unforgotten Realms for this?! Yeah this is BS.

Looks incredibly "blah". I found no humour in the dialogue, the animation was pathetic, and the character designs are forgettable as all heck.

I do not think I wish for this.
Then again it could be good so we'll see.

From what I saw I'll give it a shot, I mean hell, why not?

Also, does anyone know the name of the song, I swear I've heard it somewhere and its bothering the hell out of me, I think its from one of the Silent Hill games.

Megido:

hubertw47:
Oh god a furry series on the escapist.

This may make me leave.

You'll be missed, I'm sure.

Anyways, I'm giving the show a chance. Whether or not it sucks can be determined by simply watching an episode or two, so instead of denouncing it right off the bat... I'll give it a shot.

Why didnt anyone tell me that cartoons with Animals acting human are furry and wierd and baaad when i was a kid. Damn i'd never watched that strange Disney stuff..Robin Hood was such perverted furry stuff....or like 50% of any Cartoon ever! :P
Damn folks some are kinda easy goin with their judgements here what?

ZerOmega:

kinda, however the "furry" you heard of may be different. But yes, this show could be seen as furry.

Just for the records: I know what an antropomorphic is. I was just trying to be sarcastic.

Wheter these characters are furries or not is irrelevant, but still open for debate.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here