Zero Punctuation: Viewer's Choice: Duke Nukem Forever

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

I did predict that DNF would have won, but was it necessary to repost the video? I would have rather be linked into the original video and be happy with it.

oh well i wanted s.t.a.l.k.e.r. to win but that lost first round.

O.K. I was all about voting for a favorite Yahtzee review, but I didn't know that would mean we wouldn't get a new video! Petition to make Yahtzee do two videos a week as penance :)

He said multiple times he was on vacation this week, give the guy a goddamn break, he's not your performing monkey people -_-

...hmm, not that this is a bad review/episode. But the best? And I know this is just a personal opinion, but while it being interesting and funny episode, I find it there were videos where me, and as far as I saw the comments, and other people got far bigger chuckles out it.
Then there's that whole thing about where a lot of people voted for games and not the episodes.

p.s. hope we find out which episode is Yatz's favorite and what he thiks about the results

p.p.s. one thing though, my critic might be prompt to changing by sending me a copy of Mogworld...just throwing the idea out there, no pressure :P

I'm glad DNF was the one which took the crown,enjoyed it the most of all the reviews.

You people realize that this review was just angry allegory, right? That yahtzee is just pointing out all the garbage he's seen over the years.

lacktheknack:
I preferred "Painkiller", but what the public wants, the public gets.

The Jam reference is The Jam.
Wait, what?

Lol Yahtzee is such a Troll

This marks the first ZP that's come out since I registered here I've skipped.

I thought Halo Wars Would've won hands down. That particular ZP was a good example of Yahtzee's style of british comedy (monty python) But I guess its not as appreciated as much as I had hoped...

I didn't enjoy the Duke Nukem Forever review all that much. I mean, sure, it was funny, but watching it compared to the Painkiller review, I honestly enjoyed the Painkiller review more. I suspect that many people voted for it for the symmetry of it being a *unique* review rather than a genuinely superior one.

Food for thought: Yahtzee has built his reputation on scathingly/wittily pointing out the worst parts of games, and our response is to tell him that his best video is the one that he spends lavishing insincere, overly-hammy praise?

Akalabeth:

Stubee:

bor3ds0ul:
Wait, so there's no new ZP this week? Wait, he's on holiday. Right

So THATS what the competition was for! Yahtzee you lazy cumbersome oaf!

Let the guy have a fricken vacation once in a while ya mook.

You mean holiday you arrogant prick who cant spot obvious sarcasm

Boo. The flow of my week was thrown off my an unexpected repeat.

"magnificent retard" made me lol irl :V

I wasn't terribly surprised by this either. His 'review' of Duke Nukem Whatever was blistering, and funny enough to make you crap standing.

Which leads me to this: I was one of the teeming masses who eagerly awaited a sequel to what was then a fun romp in Ultra Violent land. It didn't take itself seriously, and it was fun to play....

Then the delays happened. And kept happening. Meanwhile the FPS market kept evolving, and all the while the Faithful kept hoping that it would come soon. And then the announcement that not only would there NOT be a new Duke Nukem FPS, the company that published it would be closing its' doors.

No shit! 14 years after the fact, and all you have to show for it is a moderately decent game in Prey which, while pretty and somewhat engaging, failed on the crucial element; gameplay. Frankly, 3D Realms deserved to go under after that.

Cpt_Oblivious:
Wait, so his best review is of a game that doesn't actually exist...?

The world doesn't make sense to me anymore.

I think thats kind of the point. Yatzee: all games suck.

all so, you'd be surprised how easy it is to pull of the punch lines when you can design the game to be set up for them as you go along!

I don't need this, I've already ordered MogWorld. Nuff said.

RobinHood3000:
I didn't enjoy the Duke Nukem Forever review all that much. I mean, sure, it was funny, but watching it compared to the Painkiller review, I honestly enjoyed the Painkiller review more. I suspect that many people voted for it for the symmetry of it being a *unique* review rather than a genuinely superior one.

Food for thought: Yahtzee has built his reputation on scathingly/wittily pointing out the worst parts of games, and our response is to tell him that his best video is the one that he spends lavishing insincere, overly-hammy praise?

Painkiller and DNF were both pretty positive. I think the reason DNF won is because it was beautifully laced with vicious irony, while Painkiller was just straight praise.

Cpt_Oblivious:
Wait, so his best review is of a game that doesn't actually exist...?

The world doesn't make sense to me anymore.

His best episode.

World make sense again, I hope.

And I'm kinda happy, that was my choice from the start. (or was it Mailbag Showdown?)

For all the people complaining that Yahtzee's not funny anymore, I think this episode really shows why.

This is the purest form of ironic British wit in the form of video game nerdiness that winks at the audience ever so slightly yet leaves the less nerdy people still enjoying it for the phallic humour and the course language.

This isn't my personal fav but i knew it was going to win from day one. It's just too well done not to.

Did anybody happen to catch the stupid people who commented on this review the first time? They asked when this came out and how they managed to miss it... completely missing the magnificent irony laden throughout this review... Honestly i don't know how the world functions with people that unobsservant :)

nyeh, all my favourites were voted off really early on.
...but I did vote for this one in the final admittedly :P

Boooooo...

Just...booooooooo

I voted for the one that made me laugh the most, shouldn't that be the deciding factor?

I saw this one coming but I kinda hoped people wouldn't vote on something purely because it's about Duke Nukem Forever.

Oh well, enjoy your holiday Yahtzee.

Stubee:

Akalabeth:

Stubee:

bor3ds0ul:

No I mean vacation you pedantic jackass

Akalabeth:

Stubee:

Akalabeth:

Stubee:

bor3ds0ul:

No I mean vacation you pedantic jackass

Yahtzee:
Going on holiday for a week. Do not try to find me, life.

orange box for me is the best

'jams forks into my eye's if i use that exact description to discribe anything else ever again' imo nuff said

yeah I knew it, as soon as I saw the news feed.

LOL this is still funny seeing it like two months later again.

Is it just me or should Yahtzee be getting more work as a big name video game writer. Seriously both this and "Mankind Is Yet to Recognize My Genius" sound like they'd be fantastic games. I mean there's some ludicrous stuff in this game that'd obviously have to be removed but he does have some very creative ideas I'd like to see actually get made into games.

My favorite part of this video is still the viewer mail for it he posted at the end of the Bionic Commando review. I really hope it wasn't some guy trying to be funny.

Imper1um:
I seriously thought shurikens and lightning was going to win. :P

This times a thousand. I didn't really care too much for the duke nukem review. I like it a lot more when the reviews have some real context based on actual information.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 54305)