Stolen Pixels #227: PUNishment

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Well, there go several possible gaming jokes I might've used in my comic. DAMN YOU SHAMUS!

(Okay, no damnation required. Actually I laughed my damned fool head off.)

(I... should pick that back up and reattach it at some point, shouldn't I?)

Probably better in theory than in practice. A rare "meh" for Shamus.

Only 3? Damn. When I saw the title was PUNishment. I was really hoping for more. Still funny, but it would've been great to have a dozen or so such puns.

Puns cause Cancer.

Its true, I read it in an online webcomic.

NOOO!!! What have you done!? ARGH! That has been seen cannot be unseen! Where is my brain bleech?!

Psycodiablo:
I get the MGS and Metroid one, but I don't get the Ninja Gaiden/Guy Dan one. Anyone help me out here?

His name is Dan. He's a ninja, and a guy.

Explaining it does not make it any less funny, mostly because it wasn't funny to begin with.

Still: Touché, Shamus. Touché.

Autofaux:
*twitch*.. *twitch*...

there there. we all know what your going through. its horrible.

WHY SHAMUS WHY!!!!!!!

Evilsanta:
NOOO!!! What have you done!? ARGH! That has been seen cannot be unseen! Where is my brain bleech?!

right here!
you can have it after im done with it...

I don't hate you, Shamus. "Hate" is such a strong word.

You know that feeling when you're walking in bare feet and stub your toe on a carpet tack? That's how I feel about you.

Still playing Chime to the exclusion of all else I see....

Sennz0r:

Psycodiablo:
I get the MGS and Metroid one, but I don't get the Ninja Gaiden/Guy Dan one. Anyone help me out here?

His name is Dan. He's a ninja, and a guy.

Explaining it does not make it any less funny, mostly because it wasn't funny to begin with.

Still: Touché, Shamus. Touché.

Oh. Thought it was going to be more clever then that.

Seriously, that's it? I expected better, Shamus.

I've seen something similar, but I can't remember where. Also, this just about expresses the funny factor of the puns
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-N3tEMlIDk

Kelethor:
Puns cause Cancer.

That was disproved recently. They took ten of the worst and no pun in ten did.

The_root_of_all_evil:

You really are the root of all evil. I lol'd.

EDIT:

The_root_of_all_evil:

Kelethor:
Puns cause Cancer.

That was disproved recently. They took ten of the worst and no pun in ten did.

Now, doubly so.

I usually don't laugh out loud at things when by myself, but MMetriod: Another M made be guffaw quite hard. Its just such a stupid/funny joke I cant help myself but smile at it

Metal Gere. Epic!

Great job, Shamus.

"Gere's of War" would've been fun too! *grins*

In the vernacular of today's Internet user: made me lol

I would totally playt ninja Guy Dan

who doesnt want to play a ninja who is named dan???

I don't know if I should be happy or sad that Shamus didn't make a pun out of the name of a PC title.

I was actually making a joke about Metal Gear just like that last week in a comic I wrote up... spooky.

Someone mind explaining the Metroid: Another M joke is? I think I get it, but if that's the case, I don't find it too funny. Maybe I'm missing something.

Metal Gear,
Metal Beer,
Kettle Fear,
Greg Kinnearrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

I don't get it. Anyone care to explain?

Psycodiablo:

Until the Metroid one I thought he was being snarky on the whole westernization aspect of DMC (blown way out of proportion if you ask me). Then it was just bad puns, and the ninja is a guy who is probably named Dan.

OT: Bad puns. Must resist urge to kill.

Shamus Young:
Stolen Pixels #227: PUNishment

Click on this comic at your own risk.

Read Full Article

I love you and hate you at the same time...

I dont get it.
Am I stupid?

You watched it, you can't unwatch it.

imnotparanoid:
I dont get it.
Am I stupid?

Ninja Gaiden = Ninja Guy, Dan (a ninja guy named Dan)
Metal Gear Solid - Metal Gere Solid (starring Richard Gere, a famous actor)
Metroid: Other M - MMetroid: Another M (get it? it has an extra M)

...I love you, Shamus. Thank you

The_root_of_all_evil:

Where's the picture from? It looks like swedish in the background, but I can only make out two words.

On topic, puns are funny. MMetroid was hilarious, especially because I didn't see it at first.

The Metal Gere Solid one threw me off a bit, I was looking for the faces or whatever in the box art of the other two. It took me a minute to realize "Oh, just word play in the titles is all."

And even then it took me another minute to get "Mmetroid: Another M." Man I feel dumb.

SilverUchiha:
Someone mind explaining the Metroid: Another M joke is? I think I get it, but if that's the case, I don't find it too funny. Maybe I'm missing something.

Well the actual game is called "Metroid: Other M." This one is "Mmetroid: Another M." He stuck two m's in Metroid. Look again at the box art.

Heh. The Metroid "Other M" is the only game not rated M.

I want to play "Ninja Guy Dan"!

I expected better from you Shamus.

For those wondering, the bee puns appeared in the previous, 6th installment of Spoiler Warning, (which is currently a Let's Play of Bioshock) - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=9489

I'm not very much in love with neither of these games "punished" in this comic so I just laughed heartily, just like with the bee puns :D

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here