Daily Drop: Pumpkin

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

BOOM HEADSHOT!

therandombear:

JohanGasMask:
I was hoping they would just crowbar the shit out of that pumpkin, but the show isn't called " Crowbar the shit out of things in slow motion".

But I think that would be very popular though :o

I agree, it could make for a good spin off for this series if done right. :D

That was a pretty tough pumpkin, didn't think it take three drops for it to break. Does anyone know what the next item is? I really can't tell.

In the engineering world those first two are known as failures, but the last is a catastrophic failure. Those are always the most fun to watch. Personally, rather than a show about crowbars and stuff, I'd like to see black powder in things like pumpkins. But that's not really safe is it?

Ugh. Pumpkin insides...

The first drop made the pumpkin do a squash and stretch. Pretty cool.

it looked like a fatan exploding!
Also I wanted you to crowbar it!

Man! That was one tough Pumpkin O.o!
It took three drops to finish the Job ...I really think you guys need a bigger Drop-height to really achieve maximum Smashing Effect.
I mean the plastic pumpkin from before only cracked in half... it didn't Shatter, it didn't Splinter, I really think you guys could aim for grater Heights here if you know what I mean.
You know... take the Show to a whole new Level.

...ok, I'm done now.

I love all the stringy flesh twisting around, and the seeds flipping. Very nice.

AH! It's a monster!

Hank and Jed:

John the Gamer:
They should make a game out of that. like "Bouncing Pumpkin Festival"

There is always Pumpkin Chunkin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG2c9e7UAXY

Catapults? How archaic. Cannons! That's the way to take out a pumpkin!

OT: Nice video. I didn't expect it to take three tries to crack that thing open.

....huh. You know, I thought pumpkins exploded better than that.

Maybe I'm thinking of Watermellon?

Dana22:
Awww waste of good pumpkin, vegetable GORE !

Pumpkins are a fruit. :p

JohanGasMask:
I was hoping they would just crowbar the shit out of that pumpkin, but the show isn't called " Crowbar the shit out of things in slow motion".

yeah it is not but i would watch that if it existed.

i love how in the second drop there was a ripple of the pumpkin absorbing the imapct and then the side slightly cracking open.

soo awesome!

this reminded me of my neighbours who have pumpkins that are almost two feet tall and a circumference of three feet. i just imagined that pumpkin cracking open.

That was a beautiful slow motion. *u*

And I could NOT be the only person wanting them to use an exaggerated hammer after the initial bounce!

I feel like a child again!

JohanGasMask:

Sounds like an excellent premise for a spin-off, to be perfectly honest :)

Did you see how that pumpkin tried to take out the ladder on its first drop?

THAT GOURD TRIED TO KILL PAUL!

It totally deserved its gravity-assisted demise.

Pumpkin holds fast to its position as the most ellastic gourd.

Hosker:

Dana22:
Awww waste of good pumpkin, vegetable GORE !

Pumpkins are a fruit. :p

Botanicaly or Taxonomicaly, but not Culinaryallaly (?) :D

Video not suitable for vegetables under 18.

Wow, when the pumpkin was dropped it reminded me of one of those rubber balls that we'd use in gym. It even sounded a bit like one hitting the ground in slo-mo. Thankfully though the pumpking came apart and showed its gooey, sticky insides.

That was a pretty durable pumpkin.

I enjoyed Halloween week. I'm really curious what that thing is that's being dropped on Monday.

That was actually a pretty grim sight. Who knew exploding pumpkins could be so squicky?

Brutal Peanut:
That was a tough pumpkin. ^_^ Nice drop.

No joke, I always thought them to be fragile but that took quite a beating!

Flying pumpkin guts >:D I think you guys need a taller ladder though too much stuff hasn't been breaking.

When it failed the second time i was literally sitting here "Crowbar, Crowbar, Crowbar", but... no such luck ='(

Probably would have been easier if they carved it first, but then we wouldn't have all the pumpkin guts. Hope you saved the seeds.

Monday looks like a lead ingot, but I hope I'm wrong.

WaderiAAA:

MowDownJoe:

WaderiAAA:
Pumpkin for Haloween. Nice. Could only have been more Haloween-spirited if you dropped an actual human skull - though I do see how that would lead to some problems.

Have you ever watched MythBusters? There are stores where you can buy human bones, though they're mostly populated by goths.

Seriously? How does that work, do you in your will give consent to let your bones be sold?

Read the fine print on your donor card. ;)

Third Times a charm eh?

JohanGasMask:

aka half life - the slow mo

What Pumpkin?

Seeing the pumpkin burst open reminded me of how good pumpkin seed are, also the stringy things inside looked as if they were under water.

I'm hoping they drop a turkey on Thanksgiving now.

Pumpkins: Tougher than you thought. It also looked like Paul was "putting some English on the ball" and throwing it harder (rather than dropping it), especially on that last one.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here