Critical Miss: Fear and Loathing in New Vegas

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

The Fear and Loathing refrence made it funny. I want to go to Bug Country.

Great comic. Also, this may very well have been the first time I got the song reference at the bottom.

What i find odd about all these "bug" issues with the newest fallout is that i have yet to experience a single issue in over 30 hours of gameplay. Are these mostly being seen on the PC version because i am playing the console version atm. If the bugs are mostly centered on the PC its not the game and more your PCs hardware, drivers, etc....

Nice movie reference :D
...(are there races in F:NV?) :P

awesome just awesome

doing a comic about the game I am currently playing and basing it on one of the best books I have ever read.

Exterminas:
I have the awkward feeling that there is another movie reference in that, which I fail to grasp. The last two panels seem to hold it.

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, you should go watch it.

Awesome once again! Love the Hunter Thompson-esque inversion.

Weirdly, although I experience more crashes more often in plain vanilla Fallout 3, I've still somehow escaped crippling bugs in FNV. Damned lucky, I guess!

<-------- I suspect you noticed.

"Order some golf shoes, Otherwise, we'll never got out of this place alive..."

New Vegas; Too good to miss, to buggy to run.

Dammit Stout! I think I'm in love with you now...

Absolutely brilliant.

This was simply amazing. Goes into my awesome comic collection.

Best Critical Miss yet...

That was pretty good.

Ephraim J. Witchwood:

Seriously, that was damn funny. I <3 this webcomic.

Exactly my thoughts, a well-created and rather brilliant webcomic. Keep up the good work, bookmarked as well!

wish i could LOL with everyone, my game never started up. stupid $50 coaster.

MrJoyless:
What i find odd about all these "bug" issues with the newest fallout is that i have yet to experience a single issue in over 30 hours of gameplay. Are these mostly being seen on the PC version because i am playing the console version atm. If the bugs are mostly centered on the PC its not the game and more your PCs hardware, drivers, etc....

Highlighted for wrong.

The invertd head bug is an issue with the Steam version of the game having a corrupt mesh file. Nothing to do with drivers.

Neither was the fact that the Steam version decided it would be awesome to start deleting people's saves.

The handstanding scorpions and moonwalking dogs are an issue with the Gamebryo engine and are present in the console versions.

As are the numerous quest bugs including quest givers randomly turning hostile, quests not completing, people you're supposed to diagnose exploding when you enter the room, quests being impossible if you head to a certain area first etc etc.

I considerably doubt you haven't noticed a single issue. More likely you've encountered nothing game breaking enough to be noticed.

Internet Kraken:
I see radscorpions doing that weird handstand all the time. It seems to happen to a lot of enemies when you view them from far away. No idea why it happens, since I don't remember Fallout 3 having this problem.

It's to do with how the game handles enemy orientation. You've noticed how the game runs like ass even on brand new hardware right? Well one of the ways Obsidian tried to fix this was by limiting the ammount of updates to an NPC's orientation. So when Jonny Scorpion goes down a hill it changes the angle he's at but when he hits a flat surface he'll stay at the descending angle until he gets close enough to have his orientation updated.

We need more drugs.

Contempary madness.

...awesome.

PS: you talking about my egg timer buoy..!

I haven't noticed any game breaking bugs, excepted for a couple of crashes. Then again, I haven't gotten to far in the game so far. until then, I am going to have a blast, curious what everyone is complaining about.

Broken Orange:
I haven't noticed any game breaking bugs, excepted for a couple of crashes. Then again, I haven't gotten to far in the game so far. until then, I am going to have a blast, curious what everyone is complaining about.

See panels 2 and 3?

Those are all bugs I have encountered. They're about a quarter of the total bugs I've experienced and they're by far the least damaging.

Moriarty70:
So Depp with breats is still Depp?

Nyowrong, son. Depp with breasts is Raoul... Duchess. *puts on sunglasses*

Grey Carter:
...people you're supposed to diagnose exploding when you enter the room...

I would have thought that would make diagnosis rather easy.

Grey Carter:

The invertd head bug is an issue with the Steam version of the game having a corrupt mesh file. Nothing to do with drivers.

Neither was the fact that the Steam version decided it would be awesome to start deleting people's saves.

*snipp'd for brevity*

So, it's clearly Valve's fault.

That was one of the best Critical Miss comics I've seen in a while! Thankfully my Xbox 360 version of New Vegas isn't really all that buggy. With the exception of one quest bug, it's been a pretty smooth ride!

JEBWrench:

Grey Carter:

*snipp'd for brevity*

So, it's clearly Valve's fault.

Um no. Not entirely. Valve just provides the steamcloud service. It's the game developers who code the functionality. Not keeping a backup save when steamcloud is active? Bad programming.

MercenaryCanary:
Simply brilliant.
Half way through the second panel, I just realized that you guys were going to make it into a joke about the bugginess of the game.
It was rather well thought out.

Keep it up :D

No lie at ALL.

By far my favorite video game to movie parody comic ever.

so there tripping acid while watching a scorpion do a handstand... reminds me of the acid scorpions.

That was awesome. I didn't know hunter s thompson died though.

CitySquirrel:
Is that a ghoul or some dude in a gimp mask?

Another good one... though I miss Stout and the gang.

I have to say I agree with this. Sure, the comics are hilarious, but how about some more of whatserface with the creepy puppet? That'd tip the awesomenometer into overdrive!

Tankichi:

He committed suicide in 2005. Tragic because he was a supremely gifted writer.

Grey Carter:

Tankichi:

He committed suicide in 2005. Tragic because he was a supremely gifted writer.

I checked the IMDB page to see. I heard he had more then a few screws loose though.

Spot on! Way to know your audience.

That was really fantastic. Nice work. Would totally buy a print of the first frame without the speech bubbles too. Just saying.

I fucking love Critical Miss.

Ephraim J. Witchwood:

Awoogy woogy woo cuteness!

Ehem, I encountered an ant once that defied the laws of physics as it was walking on it's antennae. Jet is a hell of a drug...

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here